User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Leuprolide Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Leuprolide to treat Endometriosis

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "The side-effects have lasted years and Lupron itself caused depression. And I gained over 40 pounds rapidly within three months after use. It gave me seizures, and I had blackouts on TOP of the usual side-effects. I was hospitalized for three days because of the seizures. NOT worth it! I'm still plagued by the ungodly side-effects every single day! Worst decision I ever made. NEVER again!"

Liebora January 19, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I had been suffering for years. Horrible pain,cramps all day and night and meds NEVER took the severe pain away. The bleeding was excessive. Never had a light day. My period lasted for a month sometimes almost 2months. At the age of 15,I was taken to the gyn which at that time was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and a bad case of endometriosis. Not only was the cysts bad but the endometriosis had grown all over my ovaries, in my belly button and was making it hard for me to move my bowels. The doctor politely said well you have a bad case here and you need surgery so I said ok well when, and he said TOMORROW. So surgery happened and not even 6months later I was having surgery again. I'm 34 and its all back"

Lilbit296 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I was on Lupron for a year (2006 -2007) and I have never felt the same. I am going on 50 but my body feels 100 years old. I was once described as a vivacious and enthusiastic individual. Today, I can barely keep up with friends and family (many of them are older than me). "

l84appt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "Don't let the online reviews cheat you out of a better life! I actually delayed getting Lupron by a year because I was so scared by the online reviews and reports of adverse reactions/symptoms. However, my experience was wonderful. My doctor put me on the ad-back and I did have a FEW hot flashes initially, but I would take those 1,000x over the pain my endometriosis caused me. I also took calcium to offset any bone density loss. Please, Please, Please work with your doctor to decide if Lupron is right for YOU. I did it and now I am on my way to restoring my quality of life."

Sarah2016 January 2, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide): "This drug should be taken off the market, It kills your immune system and the side effects never wear off. I had three injections in 2002 and am still suffering from what has happened to my body. The joint pain and hot flashes are unbearable. This medication has robbed me of enjoyment of life. It's only purpose is money for Big Phar and ease of surgery for the doctor. No Benefit to the patient at all. Do not take this, it will ruin your life."

cj200220022002 November 22, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "This drug, ruined my joints, chronic pain, I lost an inch in height, and my endometrosis was only gone for three years. I have gained 40 pounds, now have lost my mobility, can no longer dance or go out, im only 36 but i feel twice as old. I would Never have taken it of I had known it was a chemotherapy drug for prostate Cancer."

MendoBarbie November 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I wish I knew then what I knew now. If I knew 20 years later I would still have side effects I never ever would have taken the doses. My doctor boosted this up like the fix."

Side effected (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I really feel it is important to share my experience with this drug. I did extensive research before making my decision to start the Lupeneta pack. I was scared and I prayed to have a good experience since most reviews for this drug are aweful. I am grateful to be able to give this drug TWO THUMBS UP! I am taking one month shots combined with the add back pills. The first month I experienced NO increase in symptoms. I bleed for the first month and a half, now my constant bleeding is gone! For the first month I experienced very mild hot flashes, now none at all. My quality of life is 110% better and I am pain free. I am so grateful i took a chance on this medication. I finally got a break from the constant pain and exhaustion from endo."

cdawhg November 13, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I have been taking this for 6 months now, about to start my 7th and I love it! I will say the first month or so, I was really wondering what had I gotten myself into. But now, I am so glad I did it. I take the 1 a month not the 3 months shot. I haven't had a period in 5 months, I haven't cramped in 5 months. I was having hot flashes before I started taking this and I will say that at times they are way worse but I would much rather deal with hot flashes then be huddled over in my bed bc the cramps are so bad that I can't even function. I do understand that some people have bad experiences with things and some people don't It is all up to your body. Everyone's body is different. I hope seeing a good review like this will help."

Ambear November 2, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I have taken luproid deposit 4months ago. For me its waste of money and time. One good thing is no periods but i still have heavy pain in intercorse.thinking to go for homeopathy"

Lahri (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "My doctor has me on the six-month regimen. I am on my second month and have had to go to the ER five times since getting this injection. I don't recommend this to anyone I feel ill all the time. Very lethargic, very short of breath, heaviness in the chest, pains in my back and just overall horrible. I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed due to severe endometriosis and the doctor recommended these injections and said I would have no problem and no buddy that she has treated his head any severe side effects so I guess I get them all. I've missed a lot of work almost losing my job because I just can't function on a day-to-day basis because of the medication. For any of you considering taking this medication please don't it is nothing but toxic"

Stefd (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I've been suffering with very painful mensuration and chronic pelvic spasms for over 20 years. The first time I did Lupron is was a god sent, finally I didn't have to plan my life and work around my period. Now I'm on a second round. I'm using the 3-month injection and I love life. Yes, I have hot flashes and I can be a bit emotional at times, but I'm not in pain and that is what I was going for. I'm 42 now, and I'm hoping I can stay on this medication, until I'm 50. I would really hate to go back to having to deal with this again."

julrez9 October 6, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "Don't do it! I got the 3 month shot 1 month ago and have had these symptoms so far: constant and severe pelvic pain, sharp lower back pain, pain when bladder is full and when emptying, lots of migraines & headaches, nausea, vomiting, high anxiety, extreme fatigue, very low mood swings, loss of appetite and insomnia. The worst symptom of all is the severe depression, I have had several thoughts of suicide. I would rather deal with just the pain than all of these together. I was told by my doctor the only symptom I would get is hot flashes and she had only heard of success stories with this drug, that was a total lie. If you react badly with other birth controls do not do Lupron, it's a living nightmare!"

Lexii October 5, 2015

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide): "I would never recommend this medication to anyone!! The disclosure of the side effects aren't truthful. There are some serious, deliberating side effects that are not listed for this medication. I am the unfortunate patient that is experiencing the "rare" side effects that weren't disclosed. I am suffering short term memory loss that gets worse every day. I never had anxiety problems until now. I shake/jittery, and have tingling/numbness in my fingers, feet, and face. My nails are very brittle to the point I had to cut them all off. I am also loosing my hair. I am severely constipated. My appetite is curbed, and I am loosing weight instead of gaining it. And the headaches are terrible!! Not worth having these side effects!!"

kml91 September 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "lupron is not for everyone! I must admit I was horrified to try it, but it came a point I would rather die so had nothing to lose. In 2011 and 2012 both 9 months each. Then after treatment was birth control ( levora) high dose. Now 2015 just started having severe pain uncontrolled by anything else so started Lipton injection yesterday. This med made me forget I had the disease. I'm not saying there could be long term issues or anything else. But right now in this moment I'm not sick and every time before it was a god send. Hopeful this time will be as smooth as last couple times. Good luck."

Endo strong August 26, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide): "I've recieved my first round in June 2015. Almost immediately I started experiencing side effects. Headaches, weight gain, hot flashes,constant sweating,mood swings,made my depression worse, now swollen legs and ankles also severe joint pain. This is becoming unbearable and I'm rethinking doing the next cycle. It's help with my endometriosis, which I'm happy about but these side effects are a...."

Mauya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide): "I began a 6 month course of lupron with add back therapy in January 2015. I was terrified from everything I've read online. I had none of the horrible side effects, some hot Vosges here and there, but nothing unmanageable. I am a 41 year old female with endometriosis. I was pain free for the entire six months and felt good. Everyone is different, but with so many negative comments about thus therapy flooding the Internet, I thought it might be helpful to add my 2 cents."

DeeDee425 August 14, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "A costly and largely ineffective drug. Beware discount cards that refuse to honor their promises for low co-pay and further discounts. After having one 3 month shot priced at $2,500 and feeling little to no relief from a reoccurrence of Endometriosis I ended up getting a full hysterectomy anyway."

SherBear69 July 27, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide): "I've been on lupron twice in 6years. The first time was 2008 & I didn't experience any symptoms. I was extremely happy about that. Like most of you reading all the side effects had me a little on edge. The second time my doctor suggested that I get on it (Dec2014) I agreed with no problem.. Hoping that will be the same experience as the first time.... Ohhhhhh but it wasn't, I had hot flashes, night sweats & weight gaining. I couldn't wait until those 6months were over.. Unlike the first time 3 months off lupron my cycle started & 2weeks later two cyst 7.5cm... I was devastated & in so much pain & b4 you knew it I was having surgery.. I'm 2days fresh out the hospital on lupron again... I pray this time I have a different outcome."

Miss Nana July 12, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "Worst mistake of my life!! I had one 3 month shot when I was 17 and I'm still regretting it (I'm 21 now). I was pretty much paralyzed while on it. I couldn't move on my own. I needed help to even sit up in bed. I missed so much school/work and cried almost all day every day. I was in so much more pain. I was constantly sick (vomiting, nausea, painful bowel movements, headaches, joint pains) and the menopause symptoms were absolutely crazy. I still to this day have stomach issues I didn't have before. I have bone density loss as well. I will never recommend this drug to any woman. It is not meant for us."

Rayvan June 25, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I took the shot for 6 months, I had issues that I could tolerate. Such as vision change, the injection would shot pain a crossed my lower back. Well it's been 8 months since I had a shot took me 2 months before my period returned. I recently started experiencing pain in my belly button, vision was getting worse, mood swings, the end of April period was bad then 2 weeks later had another one. I was ready to have everthing removed, I had gave up hope of having a baby... So out of the blue I missed my period and now I'm 5 weeks PREGNANT! !!!!!!! I wish everyone good Luck and hang in there!!!!"

mommy to be (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I am very happy I went on Lupron Depot. I am on my 6th month of it and although the symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness, and some weight gain are not fun, it still is VERY worth it. I have been pain free (when I was in debilitating pain before) and no period which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get pregnant soon too!"

crazyme7877 June 10, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I started lupron 2 weeks ago for endometriosis. So far I've had 0 side effects. And no pain! I'm just starting so we'll see if I change my mind"

Rosie11 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis and had a major surgery. I was only able to take four of the six shots. The side effects are TERRIBLE. I had almost all of them. I took my last shot in March 2015. It has been one month and I am now experiencing panic and anxiety attacks along with high blood pressure. I am only 37 and gained weight now weighing 155 and have a blood pressure of 142/103. I have never had high blood pressure until the third month of the shot. I have hot flashes, night sweats, chest pains that sent me to the ER, vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, vomiting of the day I got the shot. It has been an awful experience. I am praying that when it gets all out of my system, I will not see any of these side effects anymor"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide): "I am 37 and for the most part been very healthy...never pregnant and married for three years. I have had ovarian cyst, but have been controllable. Nov.9, 2014 I went to the ER and the next day I was having a mass and 6" of my colon removed due to Endometriosis. I had stage 4. My OBGYN suggested this shot. I read all the reviews and was VERY learey of starting it, but I just took my second shot. It has not been so bad. I have experienced hot flashes and weight gain. I have about 4-6 hot flashes a night, but no sweats yet. I am hungry ALL the time and it seems the more I eat, the more I want. I cant seem to get full. I have gained 10 pounds in about 6 weeks.My mood has been good though. I have had to start Osphena due to side effects."

Not As Bad As I Thought (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015