User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Fluticasone Review Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Polyps.

Reviews for Fluticasone to treat Nasal Polyps

"For the last few years my allergies/sinuses have become really bad, due to the forced dry heating system where I live. I started taking Loratadine 10mg which helped some with congestion but it just wasn't enough. I ended up getting nasal polyps that made my nose bleed, obstructed my smell and sense of taste, caused difficulty in draining of my sinuses, and made it hard to breath in through my nose, so I started using Flonase. I am only on day 6 and the feeling of my skull bursting slowly went away, I can breathe easier and smell again, it already started to shrink the polyps and the nose bleeding stopped, feeling much better."

CandiCollins March 10, 2015

Flonase (fluticasone): "Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use."

spudman2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2013

Veramyst (fluticasone): "I have extensive sinus disease and so many polyps that a CT could not pick up if part of my sinuses even existed anymore. I've also had 2 surgeries with no relief. My quality of life has been VERY poor. My ENT just put me on Veramyst and after 2 days I noticed a big relief. I don't feel like a colony of giant polyps are invading every orafice in my head. I haven't had a migraine, earache or retro-orbital headache in over a week. I haven't regained my sense of smell, however, I'm still discovering the pro's and con's of Veramyst. My neck, back and other body pain is worse but I don't know if that's because the focus has been taken off my face and head. Right now I'm just thankful for some relief and delaying frontal sinus obliteration."

Wildsky November 4, 2010

Veramyst (fluticasone): "I had a FESS due to massive polyp growth which completely blocked my nasal passages - so I couldn't breath through the nose anymore. After the surgery I started taking Avamys (=Veramyst for Europe) for 6 months to prevent nasal polyp growing. First of all I have to say that I felt great relief. My nose never hurt, and I had no congestion or any other sinus problems. However after taking the spray for 3 consecutive months I felt that my nose got dry and I noticed some blood in my nasal secretion. In addition my eyes felt more sensitive and I felt more tired than usual but I have no clue if the last two effects were Avamys side effects. Avamys gave me relief in allergic rhinitis as well even though it didn't completely stop the symptoms."

cloudscraper February 13, 2010

Veramyst (fluticasone): "I had four polyps removed two years ago. My physician prescribed Veramyst. I have really enjoyed using this medication once daily during the two years. No sign of the polyps returning. In addition, during the four years I haven't had a cold or a sinus problem. Prior I would be bothered with sinus problems during the winter season. I recommend this spray and will continue to use it myself."

Comic September 4, 2009