User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Reviews for Fluticasone to treat Nasal Polyps

Review by spudman2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Flonase (fluticasone): Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use.

March 25, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by Wildsky:

Veramyst (fluticasone): I have extensive sinus disease and so many polyps that a CT could not pick up if part of my sinuses even existed anymore. I've also had 2 surgeries with no relief. My quality of life has been VERY poor. My ENT just put me on Veramyst and after 2 days I noticed a big relief. I don't feel like a colony of giant polyps are invading every orafice in my head. I haven't had a migraine, earache or retro-orbital headache in over a week. I haven't regained my sense of smell, however, I'm still discovering the pro's and con's of Veramyst. My neck, back and other body pain is worse but I don't know if that's because the focus has been taken off my face and head. Right now I'm just thankful for some relief and delaying frontal sinus obliteration.

November 4, 2010 2:24 AM

Review by cloudscraper:

Veramyst (fluticasone): I had a FESS due to massive polyp growth which completely blocked my nasal passages - so I couldn't breath through the nose anymore. After the surgery I started taking Avamys (=Veramyst for Europe) for 6 months to prevent nasal polyp growing. First of all I have to say that I felt great relief. My nose never hurt, and I had no congestion or any other sinus problems. However after taking the spray for 3 consecutive months I felt that my nose got dry and I noticed some blood in my nasal secretion. In addition my eyes felt more sensitive and I felt more tired than usual but I have no clue if the last two effects were Avamys side effects. Avamys gave me relief in allergic rhinitis as well even though it didn't completely stop the symptoms.

February 13, 2010 10:51 AM

Review by Comic:

Veramyst (fluticasone): I had four polyps removed two years ago. My physician prescribed Veramyst. I have really enjoyed using this medication once daily during the two years. No sign of the polyps returning. In addition, during the four years I haven't had a cold or a sinus problem. Prior I would be bothered with sinus problems during the winter season. I recommend this spray and will continue to use it myself.

September 4, 2009 12:28 PM