User Reviews for Levsin

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 6 reviews 125 medications

7.5
Anesthesia 0 reviews 129 medications Not rated - Be the first
Crohn's Disease 0 reviews 66 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endoscopy or Radiology Premedication 0 reviews 80 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urinary Incontinence 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levsin reviews 6 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Levsin

Review by banyai (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Combined with a fiber supplement like Metamucil I find that Levsin really helps with the trapped gas pains I get with my irritable bowel syndrome. I get sharp stabbing pains in the upper left quadrants that will only be relieved hours later after the trapped gas finally leaves. Heating pad and having my girlfriend push on my stomach also can help, but since starting the Levsin my number of pain days is significantly down. Does cause fatigue though, and be careful with beers as it will make you even more tired.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 7:49 AM

Review by IBS Girl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I've had Irritable Bowel Syndrome for 11 years, and for almost the entire time, this was the medication I was on. It worked great at first, but then I started having to take double doses (which at least helped with nighttime problems, as it made me extremely drowsy). Eventually, it had no effect on my pain whatsoever, and I only experienced the side effects. I've switched to Librax, which has given me limited results. This medication was a life-saver for years with very fast results, but I guess it just stopped working for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2014 1:12 PM

Review by Jg02141:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I've had good experience with this pill so far. I've been taking it almost a year & if I know I'm going to eat something that might trigger an attack, I take it a few minutes before I eat & 9 out of 10 times, I do fine. This is coming from someone that was scared to eat anywhere away from home because my attacks would get so bad. I went to the ER a number of times because I couldn't bare the pain. This has been a miracle pill for me.

May 19, 2013 11:47 PM

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I switched from Bentyl to this because this is an extended release formula. I tried it for 5 months and went back to Bentyl. It didn't work any better and it dried me out so much I could hardly swallow. After a bad flare up, I ended up at the ER and they thought I was very dehydrated but I wasn't, it was just the medicine. I am going to talk with my GP about using something with phenobarbital as I have heard a lot of positive things about it. I already take a migraine medicine with phenobarbital, so I should tolerate it well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 8:22 AM

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: These antispasmodics did nothing for me. I was still doubled over in pain hours later. I also was very light-headed and dizzy and my physician ignored my reactions to the medicines. Not a good experience.

March 9, 2012 8:26 AM

Review by Living Free:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A sub-lingual dose of Levsin for IBS will begin working within 15 minutes, offering almost immediate relief of pain and discomfort. I highly recommend it if a doctor has prescribed it.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2008 11:54 AM