User Reviews for Flonase

Learn more about Flonase.

Nasal Polyps 1 reviews 5 medications

Hay Fever 8 reviews 875 medications

9.6
Rhinitis 12 reviews 128 medications

8.8
Summary of Flonase reviews 21 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Flonase

Review by Minigunn3:

For Rhinitis: Works for me! I spent a full year with horrible headaches, ear pain, fullness, ringing. I told the doctor my face hurt, my head hurt, my NOSE hurt! I finally ended up with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and it all went away for a while, but when it came back, I went back to the doctor and told her my infection was back....she said no, I think you have allergies. Claritin, Flonase, give it a month and see if you feel better...and I did! I added saline nasal spray and a humidifier to keep nasal tissue moist, and I'm down to 2-3 headaches a week at high pollen season, ears mostly behave themselves. Inside my nose will get sore and dry if I forget the saline, but otherwise no side effects. Thanks Flonase!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 5:48 PM

Review by Abe the amazing (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rhinitis: Love this product. Produces such astonishing relief and am very grateful to have been prescribed Flonase by my ENT.

December 15, 2013 1:52 AM

Review by Kimily:

For Hay Fever: I take Allegra for allergies, but was still having side effects. Flonase was added to my regime, and now I have no more runny, itchy nose, itchy ears and eyes, or sneezing.

August 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Relief!:

For Rhinitis: It works so well that it doesn't seem real. I only use it occasionally as needed. This morning I woke up and could not breathe through my nose at all. I tried blowing my nose, but with no result (it wasn't nasal congestion, it was swollen nasal passages). I used Flonase and within an hour I could breathe normally again. I know it doesn't always work that quickly for people and I'm surprised that it did for me, but it really is an awesome product.

July 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Review by Kristyrae21:

For Hay Fever: I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now.

July 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Review by Suzy K.:

For Rhinitis: I have been on Flonase off and on, but mostly on, for almost 20 years. It works wonders for my allergies, no side effects, and best of all no pills.

May 15, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by always stuffy (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Rhinitis: Have used Flonase for the last year - I used to have to take decongestant that still left me stuffy and Flonase alone is the best! I would be so stuffy at night couldn't breath through my nose and this works! Love it.

April 9, 2013 9:49 AM

Review by spudman2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Nasal Polyps: Nasal polyps were better after 1 month of use.

March 25, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by ksharp (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rhinitis: I have been using this for 5 days now for Sinusitis, which I developed after a pretty significant bout with the flu. Because of prior condition in my sinuses in 2008 and inability to take the necessary antibiotic to resolve the condition, my sinuses were VERY FULL after this flu. I had severe pain in and behind my nose, under and above my eyes, etc. My ears felt like they would explode too. But, after these 5 days on Flonase and an antibiotic to treat the Sinusitis, I feel much better. I am, however, simultaneously taking supplements which aid in reducing inflammation and have altered my diet to dramatically reduce inflammatory-induced health problems. I believe lifestyle changes are the BETTER long-term solution, as steroids are NOT healthy.

January 21, 2013 3:02 AM

Review by jhungness (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rhinitis: It works great, but blurred my vision.

June 29, 2012 1:47 PM

For Hay Fever: This is the best medicine for me. I've used every pill on the market. When my allergies get severe I use Flonase. Works every time. No side effects that I've noticed. Highly recommend.

January 8, 2012 1:42 PM

For Rhinitis: Flonase is the best! I suffered from horrible night-time congestion. This medicine is a miracle. No more waking up all night unable to breathe with a horrible headache and feeling like a zombie for half the day! No side effects at all for me. Only downside is the expense without insurance. Wish they had a cheap generic version.

December 6, 2011 6:37 PM

For Hay Fever: Works wonderfully. Takes a few days to kick in and leaves an unpleasant feeling in the throat though. The latter can easily be dealt with by using it just before eating. Surprised to see this is a prescription medicine though. It's over the counter in my home country and in other countries I've visited. Same goes for many similar nasal sprays.

October 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Review by brinn1269:

For Hay Fever: Flonase has greatly improved my life! My nasal allergies were terrible, even with taking an Allegra every day. I had to carry Kleenex with me everywhere. Mornings were the worst - I would sit with my coffee in one hand and a tissue in the other. It was miserable. After becoming tired of feeling awful every day, I paid a visit to the allergist, who prescribed Flonase. Within a week I was feeling 100% better. No more itchy, runny nose. No more post nasal drip. I used to get a constant tickle in my throat, which I never believed was caused by post nasal drip, but evidently it was, because that is also gone! I love this.

August 14, 2011 2:12 PM

For Rhinitis: Had hoped it would help with a constant nightly congestion, but it didn't. Actually seemed a tiny bit worse. Doctor hasn't found any allergies in what has been tested. Though I have found anti-histamines to help in the past and I'm going to try those now to see if that helps.

July 12, 2011 12:26 PM

For Rhinitis: Well great with the bad. Been using this medicine for two months now. This product worked great. It cleared my sinuses and got rid of the allergies, and it opened up the tubes from my eardrum to my throat where they could drain. But after two months I started getting joint pains, shoulder pains, bad and neck and other joints. It got so bad last week I went to the Doctor and had X-rays done, just some mild wear and tear about it. Then I got to looking up reviews and there it was a lot of joints pains and some mild aggression, moody. Well that summed it up never before had this trouble before Flonase.

June 2, 2011 11:23 PM

Have been using Flonase for about 1 month. Dosage 1 spray per nostril twice daily. The only side effect noted has been a tiny amount of blood present when I blow my nose, but this is infrequent and is always a very small "spot". I have responded amazingly well to this medication and my ongoing problem with congestion is greatly improved. The only reason I didn't rate Flonase as a 10 was that nothing is perfect and I allowed for the development of something that possibly, though unlikely, would perform better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2010 9:17 PM

Review by Detroiter:

For Hay Fever: I've used Flonase and the generic with success for hay fever and colds, but using it daily for weeks causes nose bleeds. I continue to use it short-term.

April 9, 2010 12:04 AM

Review by cookieudux:

For Rhinitis: This helped me tremendously! I've been using this for quite awhile for my rhinitis. Have had no side effects! I'm 62 years old. Feeling much better!

March 24, 2010 4:50 PM

For Rhinitis: I have vasomotor rhinitis and this is the best drug for me. When I'm off of it for a few days I can feel my nasal passages swelling and I get an awful headache. Before being on this I took decongestant/antihistimines and I still had post nasal drip and stuffiness and a lot of headaches. With this drug I feel like a normal person most of the time. The only downside is that I get more thirsty than normal but I just constantly carry water with me.

November 9, 2009 1:37 PM

Review by Pidge:

For Hay Fever: Both generic and Flonase work for me. Been using them for several years. Must use every day to see effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2009 5:06 PM

Review by catgirl44:

For Hay Fever: Have used many allergy pills, but nothing works like Flonase. The only problem is when switching to generic, it stopped working for me. I thought I was immune after 2 years, but it was the "generic" that failed me. I've gone back to regular Flonase.

August 12, 2008 1:34 PM