User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 7 reviews 55 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 181 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for 6 years. I went on it because my period were painful and made me very sick two days out of the month. I was on a generic brand of ortho tri cyclen and when insurance started to cover the name brand completely I switch to ortho tri cyclen. During the first couple years on birth control my period were much better and predictable but I would feel nauseous when I started taking my pill again after my period. Once my body got used to being on the pill the nausea stopped. Spring 2015, after being on ortho tri cyclen my insurance out of the blue stopped covering it and that is when I switched to ortho tri cyclen lo. This is the best BC I have been on. I haven't gained weight and the only side effect is headaches."

CP16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this medicine for about a year. I had weird side effects. But then I developed blood clots in my lungs (pulmonary emboli) that almost killed me. Dr's think that it was this pill that caused it. I now have lung damage."

Sof August 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-cyclen Lo for five years, it was my first contraceptive and it was amazing. I had no side effects and I never got pregnant once. I did not gain weight and it did not affect me in any negative way possible. I recently switched to Alysena and so far it has been horrible. Recommend Tri-cyclen lo for anyone! It's a great contraceptive and 100% effective for me."

Abbie1022 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I have loved this birth control for some time, but it has made me gain weight and enlarged my boobs which I hate. The last couple weeks, it has made me super depressed and have major mood changes which is why I am coming off this BC."

forevergirl12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking these pills for 3 weeks & then I stopped for 7 days & then last night I took one & I was up all night throwing up, is this normal after I've been taking it for three weeks?"

Maarr August 7, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first experience with birth control and I've only been on it about two months but I hate it. The pills make me crazy emotional; I've been crying over absolutely nothing and I get paranoid about every little thing. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to worry about pregnancy as much but I just feel depressed and not like myself at all. The good sides to this pill are that it makes my period very light with hardly any cramps and it also has cleared up my acne a bit but not completely."

Nikeshoes August 5, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "LOVE this BCP. It's the *only* one I've tried that didn't make my hair fall out, didn't make me feel bloated, didn't make me swell, and didn't ruin my skin. My libido isn't dampened half as much as it was on other BCPs (it was non-existent on other BCPs). It helps immensely with PCOS symptoms. At first it made me a little tired, but by the middle of week 2 I was fine. :) Love it. My insurance charged me $ for this drug, but that's against the ACA- there's no generic for this drug, and it was RX'd as medically necessary so it should have been covered at $0 copay. The issue is currently being investigated."

Smithie (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "The great thing about the pill is that my breast went up a full cup size which is wonderful. The bad part is that I got severe migraines about 2.5 weeks into the pack and I have never gotten one before. My cramps were so bad I felt like my insides were going to fall out and I never had serious problems like this. Lately I have been more emotional than usual, I don't act like myself at all I'm always angry, sad, or depressed. My sex life with my bf is completely trash now so guess that makes my increased cup size a waste. No positive or negative changes in Acne. Since I'm only just finishing the first pack I'm going to try and keep going and see if the side-effects subside."

JasmineS (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

For Birth Control "i tried it for two months and since day 1 I suffered from major mood swings and low energy. I had frequent headaches and just felt depressed. I never felt like myself. But I just thought I had to put up with it so my body can get use to it but I couldn't handle it by month 2. Just pay attention to how you feel. None the less I switched to another birth control pill. And feel great."

Meli820 July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I recently decided to start birth control again and I wanted a low dosage. After three months I decided to switch to a different pill. My experience with Orthotricyclen Lo has been horrible! I feel like an emotional mess and always depressed. I cry over commercials and don't feel like myself. Also I've gained weight and just feel fat. The crazy thing is I've taken these pills before and didn't have this reaction. Hopefully the new pills I've started won't make me feel this way."

Princess JB July 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on this pill when I was 17. The first 6 months were dreadful. An emotional freak, always crying. After my body got used to it, I was totally fine. My boobs went from an A to a C, I did gain a little weight however I blame that on college. I am able to lose weight easily when I diet while on the pill. Never got pregnant, even with missing pills. Regular period, LIGHT period. I would recommend this pill, once your body gets used to it it will be fine."

DaniNicc June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I changed over to the 10mg of this after my doctor recommended taking the BRCA testing which came back with a 41% mutation. I was on this pill for three months and got pregnant. I am now 3 1/2 months pregnant. I needed to go on a low estrogen birth control because I have three cases of breast cancer in my family and they all seem to be estrogen related. I don't know what happen, but the side affects were bad too and it didn't work. I would be careful on this, as I took mine like clockwork and I'm not overweight."

Carrie84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for a little more than one year before I switched to an IUD (mirena) Pros: -regular, short, predictable periods with little to no PMS -clear skin -went up a cup size (B to C) Cons: -increased vaginal discharge and odor -weight gain (20lbs) with little to no change in diet/exercise -moodiness/days of low energy I might have stayed on this pill because of the regular periods and clear acne, but the weight gain made me self conscious and a break from daily pills (with IUD) was appealing."

Esper May 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've tried ortho-cyclen and microgestin 1/20 and diane 35 before. OC made me gain weight like crazy and I couldn't deal with the bloating; I also lost a ton of muscle mass. I've been on OTC -lo for about a week but I feel such a big difference in the degree of my side effects. I'm asian, 5'2" and 118lbs for reference. I don't feel nauseous at all, very minimal bloating, my skin's a bit clearer, and my sex drive's the same! I'm nervous about the tri-phasic style of the pill as I'm very sensitive to hormone shifts, so I may update my review after a months. I think people just really need to find a pill that most closely mimics their natural hormone levels and go up or down in estrogen and progestin as they observe the changes in their body."

Pretty good so far! (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for exactly one year, and only up until this month have I got problems. Throughout the duration, I got more moody and felt more depressed the week before and 2 days into my period, I get excess yeast exactly one week after my period on the first week of my pill, and lately I've been experiencing nausea, its manageable just very irritating. My doctor suggested I switch to "Lolo" but besides that, this pill was very easy and the side effects didn't last long. They just gave me bad cramps instead of reducing it."

Aerosmith96 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on these pills for 1 year and 3 months, and I've finally got the chance to switch. These pills gave me less menstrual cramps, but an increase in migraines. My libido completely died and I had depression/mood swings while on it."

LadyMocha (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I had never been on birth control before so I was super nervous when I got married to start taking it. I read all the reviews, the horror stories and success stories and it seems to me everyones body takes the pill differently. I have been on the pill for a year now. The first month was aggravating was very nauseous had a lot of extra bleeding, but now my body is use to it and I feel no side effects I take it at night before bed on a full stomach. My periods are regular (granted I have always had a regular period) my acne and weight have stayed the same. The only thing I feel is different is during that time of month I am even more moody. No pregnancy or pregnancy scares even with missing a few pills"

lambert2230 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "So, I thought the light periods were a problem but since I see people with the same issue that makes me feel a little better. Although, I don't like that I come on at the end of the pack I usually would come on the Wednesday during the non- active pills but now its like Saturday or Sunday, then extremely light for maybe 2 to 3 days. Good thing is I do not have problems with the Cysts or Fibroids now, no pain, periods are once a month although light, No acne, mood swings are normal, I think :-) overall good pill."

Okay Okay (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this pill about 2 months ago and during both months I bled in the middle of the pack. My doc insists its just breakthrough bleeding and that I am still protected but the bleeding is hard to deal with. It's about as heavy as a period and it lasts at least 10 days! I'm considering switching because of this. Other than that, no side effects, maybe a slight shift in mood... I'm a little more agitated than usual."

tmdp (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "This was by far the worst pill I have been on. I ended up getting my period the week after the placebo pills. I did not find the point in that. My cramps were so bad I would cry. I do not recommend this to anyone at all. The cost was good though."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on my third month of this birth control and I am satisfied with it. The first week I took it, I would take the pill at night and then wake up in the morning with vomiting or nausea. The morning after I took the very first pill was the worst. This occurred the first few white pills of the second pack as well, however it subsided after a few days. I noticed I was moodier than usual the first few weeks but that went away. I'm glad I didn't stop taking it because now I don't even notice anything negative. I haven't gained weight, it hasn't helped my acne but it hasn't hurt it either, so that's fine with me. My periods became lighter for fewer days and MUCH less painful. My cramps are so much better now. Most importantly, I'm not pregnant."

btlcec (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for about 4 years now and I love it! It was my first birth control which I had received free from Planned Parenthood. I have had literally no side effects and my period is perfectly regulated each month. I would recommend this to anyone. Since its low estrogen I did not see increased breast size or decreased acne."

kmtraver (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for almost 7 years straight. I had zero issues with side effects. No mood swings, nausea, depression or changes in appetite. Sex drive was the same if not increased. I had fluctuated with weight on this pill but it was because of bad diets. I ended up loosing the weight with proper eating habits and exercise. The problem I have with this pill is that towards the end of my time on it I started getting break through bleeding. IT IS ANNOYING. Otherwise this pill is perfect for me. I went off the pill for a few years and went back on to this because of ovarian cysts. After a few months the breakthrough bleeding still came back. Sometimes it's so light I don't notice, other times it's like having a second period."

Meowmers (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm about 4 months in, the first month was pretty dreadful. I was sick all the time, even to the point were I was throwing up. After that however it became much more bearable. Acne has somewhat cleared up, but also put on like 10 pounds. Even with my active lifestyle. That might be because I'm reaching my 30s? I've lost some of my sex drive though which is a bit depressing. Cramps aren't as intense. Overall I'm pretty happy with it."

Flutter6+ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this brand for about four months now and haven't had any problems. Not sure why other women are experiencing such negative results from this brand. I got this for free at planned parenthood and she said it was one of the most popular brands. I haven't gain any weight, have't had any mood swings, and my sex drive hasn't been diminished. Oh and most importantly I haven't gotten pregnant. So far, so good!"

Amy Darling (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2015