User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 144 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"Awful. Awful. Awful. I started on the pill when I was 15 because I was getting cramps so bad I was almost throwing up from the pain. Now at 25, I am still using the pill but have switched a few times. The brand that I am using now is terrible. Horrible cramps, periods last for a week or more, spotting, mood swings, weight gain, acne, discharge... you name it, I've got it. The pill is effective for birth control, I'll give it that, but there are a lot of negative side effects that come along with it."

Tea582 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2016

"I got on this birth control to regulate my period and get rid of acne. The only good thing about this was that my period started on the same day each month and it was shorter. The negative effects I had were bad acne, cramps worsened, period was really heavy, and heavy spotting the first 2 months. I figured I needed to wait at least 3 months for any good effects, but the negatives weighed out the positive and I'm now off of this medicine. I didn't gain any weight luckily. In fact, I lost some weight, but that could be a coincidence. The breakouts were the worst part about this birth control, though and that is why I'm not taking it anymore."

alana5783 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

"I began taking this b/c 2 years ago because I was having a 10 day long period every other week. The pill worked perfect for regulating my hormones so that I would have a normal (4-5 day long) period once a month. I didn't have headaches, mood swings, weight gain, or any odd side effects. Only downside is my insurance began charging $50 a month for it so I had to stop using it and now have to switch. And now that I have stopped taking it my acne on my face, back, and chest has returned."

hoosier_18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2015

"I tried many, many birth controls before this one. I was having periods every other week, but this one has worked wonders; however, since being on it, I have gained about 30 pounds."

Bran18 July 23, 2014

"It took about 3 months for my body to adapt to the pills, but after that it worked really well for me. It lightened my periods, made them 3 days shorter and they always came on time. After the first 3 months I might have had spotting once over the rest of the year."

Anonymous April 18, 2011