User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 7 reviews 55 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 175 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Birth Control "I'm 5'6 and 114 lbs. Very good pill to take if you're tiny and new to hormones. I recommend starting it the night of your new cycle to help your body get used to the hormones. Take it at night with a snack to fend off the nausea. STAY HYDRATED. You're going to confuse thirst with hunger on this pill. Drinking more water will combat bloating, weight gain, and fatigue. It takes longer to recover after workouts. My mood has improved drastically, as well as sex drive and wetness. My acne got worse, but I'll give it a few more months to straighten out. Love it so far."

SierraUSAF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2013

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this birth control about a year ago and I LOVED IT up until about two months ago. I suffer from terrible mood swings and irregular periods. I had absolutely no mood swings until about two months ago. I had regular periods, ALWAYS on time. Weight was hard to lose though. ALWAYS hungry. But all in all worked perfect. My body must have just gotten used to it. "

SSiler914 May 22, 2013

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for two weeks but I've got to say, I haven't been disappointed at all. My acne has gotten better and my personality hasn't changed at all thankfully, and my period was lighter and shorter. I did experience some nausea and headaches but they went away after a few days. I can't comment on how well it prevents pregnancies yet though! After reading horror stories about this pill I'm glad that it works for me and my body. I'd recommend it to anyone."

janedoeeee (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2013

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control pill I've ever been on that has really worked for me. No side effects at all (besides mild nausea and headache for the first few days). My mood was so even. The big problem is that my insurance will not pay for it, so I am taking Tri-Sprintec, which has a slightly higher dose of estrogen. "

NEEDgeneric! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2013

For Birth Control "After I noticed my Levora birth control was no longer helping my face stay clear of PMS-related acne, among other symptoms, I asked my doctor to switch me to a new birth control. She gave me Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I just started my second month on February 21st during the week of my period. My period came as a surprise because I had absolutely NO PMS symptoms. No breaking out, no migraines and no cramps. I have not experienced any side effects with this birth control, either. My doctor made an excellent choice for me. I hope my second month will be just as successful."

StreetRange (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2013

For Birth Control "I struggled with symptoms of PMDD for a while and finally my doctor put me on Aviane to regulate my hormone levels and thus, mood. Aviane made my breasts larger but increased my acne and oily skin like crazy and made me more depressed and emotional! I normally have clear skin, so the acne was horrible for me. I asked to switch to Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo. Since I've taken OTC-Lo (for 6 months), I've noticed my skin cleared up (although I still have minor acne compared to when I was off the pill), and it helped with my mood swings tremendously. Although a bit more pricey ($15 copay), I am very happy with the improvement in mood that OTC-Lo has given me, which is a much better gain compared to the minor acne I am still experiencing."

HH23 January 29, 2013

For Birth Control "Right now I am currently on my second pack. My nurse recommend this. I'm a beginner, I'm still nervous about this though. A little bit of history, I had TERRIBLE irregular period, and I'm sexually active. After the first pack, my period came and gone exact when it should be (which is the last 7 days). My mild acne seem to be SLOWLY cleaning up. Plus side is it helps my partner and I saving money from buy boxes of condoms. I saw quite a few reviews about breast growing, that hasn't happened to me but I'm hoping maybe later on. Side effects are just cramps and I noticed that I get drunk a lot easier and faster than normally would. I would give it a 10 but I'm only on my 2nd pack so not so sure yet. However ladies, EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. But it doesn't hurt to try out."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2013

For Ovarian Cysts "I was on this pill for 5 years with absolutely no problems. My periods were on time, short and light. Also my ovarian cysts dissappeared. Then my doctor decided to change me to a different pill because she was worried about high blood pressure. On the new pill I've had constant spotting for the last 5 months and now I've had my period for the last 4 weeks. Ugh! Since my blood pressure monitoring came back normal, I finally convinced her to switch my pills again. Oh I wish she'd switch me back to Orhto Tri cyclen Lo, but she picked a new one instead. We'll see how that goes..."

Periods Suck! January 16, 2013

For Birth Control "I must admit that some of the things that people experience from this pill is scary. ONE THING TO KNOW IS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL. ALWAYS TRY IT YOURSELF. DIFFERENT BODIES HAVE DIFFERENT REACTIONS. I have been on this birth control for about 4 months now and I love it. I dont have mood swings at all I am very calm at all times. I did not used to be. I dont have vaginal dryness, yeast infections, UTI's, or anything else that people are saying besides breast tenderness. It only seems to be tender at night. I have not gained any weight. I think my breast are getting bigger which is a plus to me. I don't have acne like I used to. My periods are very light now."

LovelyLady13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2013

"I was very worried to start birth control for the first time, I've heard so many bad symptoms about it. Especially about this birth control pill. However, to my surprise, I never had any symptoms whatsoever. I have been on the pill for about six months, and I don't feel a thing. My face cleared up, (I have moderate acne) and my breasts grew. (GOOD thing) no vaginal dryness, no mood swings, my sex drive is the same. I get cramps but nothing Advil can't fix."

Anonymous December 14, 2012

For Birth Control "It was originally $30 a month, but with new healthcare laws it's free. When I was put on this, I was scared to tell the doctor that I had severe depression. After being on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, my depression went away! I only seem to get it every once in a while. After being on it a while, I noticed that I got increasingly violent. I would get angry over the tiniest things. My periods are a lot lighter and not as painful. Despite the unexplainable rage, I'd say this changed my life! I can always expect my period on the same day."

Anonymous December 3, 2012

For Birth Control "After my BC pill that I had been taking for about 18 years was discontinued I have been searching for one that I like. My doctor suggested Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. It's been almost 1 year and I want to change pills. Every month I experience a migraine along with my period that lasts 2-3 days. I have also had nausea, mood swings, bloating and trouble losing weight. Recently I have had breakthrough bleeding lasting several days. All of these symtoms are a first for me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2012

For Birth Control "After reading horror stories about birth control online, I was very nervous to start taking the pill. I decided to try Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and it was the best decision I could have made. I never gained a single pound, my mild acne disappeared and my periods became regular, light and short. I should also add that I have unprotected sex regularly and have never had a pregnancy scare. This pill worked wonderfully for me and I honestly believe that its the best birth control out there. CON: I only experienced one side effect from this birth control pill: Every month, after taking the first pill of the pack, I experience intense nausea. THIS SIDE EFFECT DOES GO AWAY after time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2012

"So far it's worked for me. Notice darker urine since I started the pill."

Lsura October 4, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about 3 months now. For the first 2 weeks I experienced terrible mood swings and was extremely sensitive. This quickly went away. Now I'm very satisfied with the pill I went from extremely horrible heavy and painful periods to having an extremely light period that lasts 3 days. I'm also very regular which has never happened to me before. The only thing now that keeps me from giving this pill 10 out of 10 is that I went from having clear skin to breaking out and it hasn't cleared up for the past 3 months. I have a little bit of acne around my mouth. Reading other people's experiences made me hopeful and I definitely hope it clears up soon. I'll just have to stick it out a little longer on this pill."

Anonymous September 23, 2012

For Endometriosis "I had little to no side effects, EXCEPT for spotting. It's terrible! I've been on this pill for 5 months now and I still spot weekly, sometimes for a few days. It has made my periods a little lighter, but nothing to celebrate. I'm really hoping to find a better pill!"

NickiNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm 19 yrs old going on 20 soon. I've been using Tri-Cyclen Lo for 3 months now and I must say that this is the best birth control pill out there! I've tried Diane before and I was nauseous every morning and I had to stop it before I could even finish a week. With Tri-Cyclen Lo I have not had any bad side effects, except an increase in breast size (Happy me!) I wasn't nauseous from it, didn't gain any weight, not much difference with my pimples, and most of all I haven't changed as an individual; no mood swings or change of personality. I'm more than happy with this! "

AJDC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about five weeks now. I had some back pain the first week. When my period came it was very heavy and lasted longer. Now in week five I am having terrible low back pains, slight nausea and I'm a bit emotional at night...not sure if I should wait for the hormones to balance out in the next couple of months or talk to the doctor about other options?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2012

For Ovarian Cysts "I recently switched from Ortho Tricyclen Lo because I had spotting, so I'm switching to a pill with more progesterone because that's what the nice doctor lady said I should do. But! While on this pill I could definitely tell I broke out instantly and had crazy mood swings during the third week but it was do-able. I don't think I like phasic pills. But other than that no weight gain, no loss of sex drive, and still the same periods (which have always been bad)."

Em22 August 14, 2012

For Birth Control "No side effects besides the fact that after a year of taking it nonstop, I started to have major mood swings. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2012

For Birth Control "For me I had regular periods but quite heavy and sometimes last a few days more after my period pills were done. I gained weight and in the beginning I had major mood swings. Felt depressed and increased appetite. I also get more yeast infections when I never had them before."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri-Cyclen Lo for nearly three months and I am VERY pleased with it. This is the first time I have even taken a birth control pill, and I was very weary to begin the pill after reading many horror stories online. I am very glad that I did not let my fears prevent me from taking the pill. PROS: -No weight gain -No extreme mood swings -No decrease in sex drive -Easy to use -Effective -Less premenstrual cramps, shorter periods CONS: -For the first few days of the pill, I felt extremely nauseous. It was so bad that I considered giving it up, but I am glad I didn't as the nausea went away after the first week. -I now experience headaches before my expected period"

Laura222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2012

For Endometriosis "I've only taken my third one. Just started Friday, I've had horrible heart burn, acid reflex. Stopped up head, stomach cramps haven't left though bleeding is fading, slowly but surely. I have no appetite and no sex drive. Can't tell my husband that though. Hoping it fades and my body gets used to it."

Khristian (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2012

For Birth Control "I get this birth control for free through my insurance. I have been using it for over a year now and I love it. The first month or so I did have some side effects. I got sick and had terrible headaches and some stomach pain. But it did stop and I have been fine ever since. I set an alarm on my cellphone daily to remind me to take it. Overall good pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2012

For Birth Control "I can say that the only positive effect about this pill is that it prevented pregnancy. As long as I ate right before or after taking the pill I would not get nauseated. My periods never became lighter and I still had cramps. I did not develop acne or notice any weight gain, however. The reason why I stopped taking this pill was because I had overwhelming mood swings and depression. I also noticed a decrease in my sex drive."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2012