User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 6 reviews 55 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 168 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

For Ovarian Cysts "I was on this pill for 5 years with absolutely no problems. My periods were on time, short and light. Also my ovarian cysts dissappeared. Then my doctor decided to change me to a different pill because she was worried about high blood pressure. On the new pill I've had constant spotting for the last 5 months and now I've had my period for the last 4 weeks. Ugh! Since my blood pressure monitoring came back normal, I finally convinced her to switch my pills again. Oh I wish she'd switch me back to Orhto Tri cyclen Lo, but she picked a new one instead. We'll see how that goes..."

Periods Suck! January 16, 2013

For Birth Control "I must admit that some of the things that people experience from this pill is scary. ONE THING TO KNOW IS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL. ALWAYS TRY IT YOURSELF. DIFFERENT BODIES HAVE DIFFERENT REACTIONS. I have been on this birth control for about 4 months now and I love it. I dont have mood swings at all I am very calm at all times. I did not used to be. I dont have vaginal dryness, yeast infections, UTI's, or anything else that people are saying besides breast tenderness. It only seems to be tender at night. I have not gained any weight. I think my breast are getting bigger which is a plus to me. I don't have acne like I used to. My periods are very light now."

LovelyLady13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2013

"I was very worried to start birth control for the first time, I've heard so many bad symptoms about it. Especially about this birth control pill. However, to my surprise, I never had any symptoms whatsoever. I have been on the pill for about six months, and I don't feel a thing. My face cleared up, (I have moderate acne) and my breasts grew. (GOOD thing) no vaginal dryness, no mood swings, my sex drive is the same. I get cramps but nothing Advil can't fix."

Anonymous December 14, 2012

For Birth Control "It was originally $30 a month, but with new healthcare laws it's free. When I was put on this, I was scared to tell the doctor that I had severe depression. After being on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, my depression went away! I only seem to get it every once in a while. After being on it a while, I noticed that I got increasingly violent. I would get angry over the tiniest things. My periods are a lot lighter and not as painful. Despite the unexplainable rage, I'd say this changed my life! I can always expect my period on the same day."

Anonymous December 3, 2012

For Birth Control "After my BC pill that I had been taking for about 18 years was discontinued I have been searching for one that I like. My doctor suggested Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. It's been almost 1 year and I want to change pills. Every month I experience a migraine along with my period that lasts 2-3 days. I have also had nausea, mood swings, bloating and trouble losing weight. Recently I have had breakthrough bleeding lasting several days. All of these symtoms are a first for me."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2012

For Birth Control "After reading horror stories about birth control online, I was very nervous to start taking the pill. I decided to try Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and it was the best decision I could have made. I never gained a single pound, my mild acne disappeared and my periods became regular, light and short. I should also add that I have unprotected sex regularly and have never had a pregnancy scare. This pill worked wonderfully for me and I honestly believe that its the best birth control out there. CON: I only experienced one side effect from this birth control pill: Every month, after taking the first pill of the pack, I experience intense nausea. THIS SIDE EFFECT DOES GO AWAY after time."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2012

"So far it's worked for me. Notice darker urine since I started the pill."

Lsura October 4, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for about 3 months now. For the first 2 weeks I experienced terrible mood swings and was extremely sensitive. This quickly went away. Now I'm very satisfied with the pill I went from extremely horrible heavy and painful periods to having an extremely light period that lasts 3 days. I'm also very regular which has never happened to me before. The only thing now that keeps me from giving this pill 10 out of 10 is that I went from having clear skin to breaking out and it hasn't cleared up for the past 3 months. I have a little bit of acne around my mouth. Reading other people's experiences made me hopeful and I definitely hope it clears up soon. I'll just have to stick it out a little longer on this pill."

Anonymous September 23, 2012

For Endometriosis "I had little to no side effects, EXCEPT for spotting. It's terrible! I've been on this pill for 5 months now and I still spot weekly, sometimes for a few days. It has made my periods a little lighter, but nothing to celebrate. I'm really hoping to find a better pill!"

NickiNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm 19 yrs old going on 20 soon. I've been using Tri-Cyclen Lo for 3 months now and I must say that this is the best birth control pill out there! I've tried Diane before and I was nauseous every morning and I had to stop it before I could even finish a week. With Tri-Cyclen Lo I have not had any bad side effects, except an increase in breast size (Happy me!) I wasn't nauseous from it, didn't gain any weight, not much difference with my pimples, and most of all I haven't changed as an individual; no mood swings or change of personality. I'm more than happy with this! "

AJDC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about five weeks now. I had some back pain the first week. When my period came it was very heavy and lasted longer. Now in week five I am having terrible low back pains, slight nausea and I'm a bit emotional at night...not sure if I should wait for the hormones to balance out in the next couple of months or talk to the doctor about other options?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2012

For Ovarian Cysts "I recently switched from Ortho Tricyclen Lo because I had spotting, so I'm switching to a pill with more progesterone because that's what the nice doctor lady said I should do. But! While on this pill I could definitely tell I broke out instantly and had crazy mood swings during the third week but it was do-able. I don't think I like phasic pills. But other than that no weight gain, no loss of sex drive, and still the same periods (which have always been bad)."

Em22 August 14, 2012

For Birth Control "No side effects besides the fact that after a year of taking it nonstop, I started to have major mood swings. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2012

For Birth Control "For me I had regular periods but quite heavy and sometimes last a few days more after my period pills were done. I gained weight and in the beginning I had major mood swings. Felt depressed and increased appetite. I also get more yeast infections when I never had them before."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Tri-Cyclen Lo for nearly three months and I am VERY pleased with it. This is the first time I have even taken a birth control pill, and I was very weary to begin the pill after reading many horror stories online. I am very glad that I did not let my fears prevent me from taking the pill. PROS: -No weight gain -No extreme mood swings -No decrease in sex drive -Easy to use -Effective -Less premenstrual cramps, shorter periods CONS: -For the first few days of the pill, I felt extremely nauseous. It was so bad that I considered giving it up, but I am glad I didn't as the nausea went away after the first week. -I now experience headaches before my expected period"

Laura222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2012

For Endometriosis "I've only taken my third one. Just started Friday, I've had horrible heart burn, acid reflex. Stopped up head, stomach cramps haven't left though bleeding is fading, slowly but surely. I have no appetite and no sex drive. Can't tell my husband that though. Hoping it fades and my body gets used to it."

Khristian (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2012

For Birth Control "I get this birth control for free through my insurance. I have been using it for over a year now and I love it. The first month or so I did have some side effects. I got sick and had terrible headaches and some stomach pain. But it did stop and I have been fine ever since. I set an alarm on my cellphone daily to remind me to take it. Overall good pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2012

For Birth Control "I can say that the only positive effect about this pill is that it prevented pregnancy. As long as I ate right before or after taking the pill I would not get nauseated. My periods never became lighter and I still had cramps. I did not develop acne or notice any weight gain, however. The reason why I stopped taking this pill was because I had overwhelming mood swings and depression. I also noticed a decrease in my sex drive."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2012

For Birth Control "This was the first and most amazing birth control I have taken. My breasts went from a large B, almost C to a solid D cup and I was slightly more emotional, but all of that went away after a few weeks. My skin was flawless and my hair felt healthier and thicker and even my eyelashes were thicker. My sex drive seemed to increase and to be very honest, I no longer had any use for lubricant other than what my body produced. However, after about a year and a half, a horrible smell started and my periods were mostly just intense discharge and sometimes it would last for a couple weeks. I wish that hadn't happened, because now all the birth controls I've tried have been horrible to my body. I wish I could go back to it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2012

"Overall I was very satisfied with Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I only got breakthrough bleeding for the whole of second week of the first pack, and then that was it. It did not lighten my periods (if anything they were heavier for a couple of days), but it did decrease cramps and nausea. I did have slight nausea (especially during the first week of each new pack), but it more more of an occasional annoyance, nothing disruptive. I only had one night in which I experienced extreme nausea, but just power through this and hopefully it goes away! The only reason I stopped taking this pill is because I get aura migraines, and my doctor thought it best for me to try something different. Otherwise, I really was happy with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2012

For Birth Control "This is my 2nd time on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. First time was great. No side effects. I took it for around a year then decided to switch to Depo. Here I am again taking it, only this time is bad! I get a daily headache, really bad nausea followed with occasional vomiting, cramps, spotting, vaginal dryness, my sex drive has gone out the window, leg cramps in my calf, bloating, yeast infections and frequent urinary tract infections. I'm not sure where or when my body changed to completely dislike this birth control. It has kept me unpregnant which is the only good thing."

Racheal.F (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2012

"I've been using this pill for three weeks now. I've experienced no side effects at all. No nausea, headaches, cramps, weight gain or spotting. It doesn't feel like anything has changed. Actually I think I noticed mild mood swings. I can get really mad from a small comment. My period should start any day now so I'm curious to see if it will be lighter with less cramps."

Jasmine I. (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2012

For Birth Control "My body had a very bad reaction to this. I only took it for two days and I began to experience severe side effects including: insomnia, extreme depression, anxiety, nausea, irritability and light abdominal pain. I felt like this pill made me into a different person. I switched to a different type of hormonal birth control pill immediately."

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for a solid 4 months now and have had overall no bad experiences. It has taken my body a bit to get used to it but I haven't experienced mood swings, nausea, or headaches. It has helped me to regulate my period, even lighten my flow. I normally have really terrible and painful periods but after the 3rd month my cramps became more bearable. I have moderate acne and its caused my skin to become a little red but its starting to go away now. I'd say the only con is my period lasts about 6-7 days.... Maybe that will change later on. I haven't experienced weight gain but I hope I do. But overall I suggest it to women who have had bad experiences with high dosage birth control pill. I went from YAZ to this and feel better."

Anonymous April 16, 2012

For Birth Control "I took Ortho Tri-Cyclen because this is what I received from the health department for free when I didn't have insurance and was a poor full time student. I was taking this for about 4 years. The best thing about it is that I never got pregnant. However, I had extremely heavy periods lasting 5-6 days until it was finished completely; painful cramps, spotting lightly at times, spotting heavily; mood swings; fatigue and recurrent yeast infections. I finally made it back to my regular OBGYN after getting insurance again and she placed me on Beyaz. So far so good."

Anonymous April 10, 2012