User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

Ovarian Cysts 5 reviews 55 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo reviews 132 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

Review by ughNJ: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I don't think I noticed this at first or even realized the pill was the cause, but this pill gave me terrible headaches for 3-4 days during my period. I am hungry and moody before my period. The period is very light, which is a plus, but I can't stand the headaches. It feels like I have a sinus infection and taking Advil non stop doesn't help. It's not worth it. I would LOVE to have cramps instead of headaches.

December 3, 2011 2:33 PM
Review by tee20011: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): I love this birth control because no spotting between periods. A little emotional from the birth control. No mood swings. My last birth control made me bleed constantly every month so I stopped taking it and then I got pregnant and then I went on this birth control and I could be happier. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

November 29, 2011 7:27 PM
Review by Cam.: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this for two years now, and am very happy with it. I'm not as stressed and when I'm on my period, it helps with the pains, and the few times I'd stopped taking it, while I was on my period, my boyfriend mentioned that I'd turned into a little devil when I'd stopped taking it.

November 27, 2011 8:14 PM
Review by Tatyana40813: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm 17 and my doctor has given me this birth control twice. My head always hurts, I never feel normal, I'm always sleepy currently about to go to sleep.

November 17, 2011 4:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took this pill for about a month. And in that month, I thought I was doing fine. No mood swings, nausea, headaches, not as much acne. But then my mom pulls me out of my room one day and tells me that I was gaining weight. I thought I had noticed it, but thought it was just because I was eating a lot. Being on this pill made me overly hungry all the time.

November 5, 2011 1:12 PM
Review by isariana: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I just started this today would be my 3rd day taking it. My face is clear. I never get uncomfortable cramps so I cannot really notice the pill. I really like them, did not get any side effects.

October 10, 2011 2:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): Amazing, with no side effects that I can feel.

October 3, 2011 3:59 AM
Review by NotInLove: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This pill is making me miserable. Since starting the pill three months ago, I have had mood swings, cramping and periods that last between 10-14 days. I have never had a problem with my menstrual cycle until starting this pill. The real reason you won't get pregnant on this pill is because you are ALWAYS on your period! My pre-menstrual symptoms are also worse than ever. I am bloated three weeks out of every month, have terrible cramps and almost no sex drive. I would not recommend this pill to anyone.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 30, 2011 7:37 AM
Review by CrazieGurl215: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo the last 9 months and have not yet had a really significant problem. The first three months were the worst because I seemed to spot daily until my third period on this pill. Sex drive is low but not awful. Have not seen a big change in my skin but I have a specific type of acne, so check with your doctor before taking it for that. Always suffered from painful periods and this pill helps, but the side effect that most bothers me is long periods. I start bleeding midway through my third week and don't stop spotting until midway through the first week of next pack. ANNOYING!

August 27, 2011 12:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): I love this birth control. I have been on it for 3 years. The things I like most about it is, my period is always on time, I bleed a little lighter. I don't break out from ache as much and of course I am NOT pregnant. The ONLY issue I have with this birth control is it gives me a TERRIBLE headache every once in a blue moon, but I can handle that. But overall this birth control is GREAT and I highly recommend those who are seeking birth control to choose Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

August 26, 2011 8:41 PM
Review by OB-GYN, MA: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This pill does the job. I had been on it for 3 years, very sexually active and had never been pregnant. When I got married though (2 yrs ago) having a man there to notice every mood you are in and when things bother you he made me realize what a complete mess I was when I was taking the pill. I would get ovarian cysts (in and out of the ER for them). I passed out a lot from nausea and dizziness. Headaches were chronic and I was super moody. My periods were pretty regular but they were heavy and long. I broke out a lot and was super bloated when on it. ALL birth control pill side effects vary from person to person and their body types. So don't go off this alone, but at least give your body 3-4 months to adapt to the birth control pill and document daily how you are feeling.

August 23, 2011 1:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I am a serious worry wort when it comes to periods and pregnancy, so last year I asked my doctor for a birth control pill that would give me regular periods. She recommended Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and I could not be happier. I have a period every 28 days on the dot, and it's only heavy for a few days, with two days of light bleeding that I hardly notice with a liner. I've been on it for a year now and have had zero side effects. No change in appetite, no change in acne - actually, some of my cystic acne has cleared up! No mood swings, and my cramps are MUCH better; I used to get cramps so bad I'd vomit from the pain, but now I only have slight discomfort for a few hours. And best of all: no pregnancy! If you want a combined oral contraceptive pill, this is the best!

July 21, 2011 6:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took this BC for 4 months. The first month was great. My skin cleared up, I had no weight gain or other side effects. By the end of the second month however I felt anxious and irritable. My breasts were painfully tender and I had alot of discharge. I stopped taking it by the end of the fourth month.

July 15, 2011 7:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on this pill for 8 years. I never had mood swings, weight gain, or decreased sex drive. It initially helped with acne, but I developed cystic acne while taking this pill and the pill didn't seem to help it. I thought I should switch birth controls for this reason. I switched to Ortho-cept/Reclipsen - BIG mistake. NO sex drive, mood swings, extreme fatigue and depression. The only positive was that it has gotten the cystic acne under control. The rest of the side effects aren't worth it though and I have switched back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo which had none of these side effects. I definitely think Ortho is the way to go.

June 30, 2011 6:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on OTCL for 4 months. The first couple of months I had several bad mood swings, but those have improved. I still experience irratibility and nausea daily and have gained 5 lbs. I feel bloated often and less energetic. My sex drive hasn't decreased much, my periods are light and predictable, and I haven't become pregnant. I get moderate breakouts and this medication hasn't had any effect on those either way. I've tried worse, but I definitely don't feel as good as when I'm not on birth control.

June 27, 2011 12:40 AM
Review by Lynn:): User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on this pill last year and I had a really good experience with it. My face cleared up, I actually lost weight, and I did not get pregnant however one night I got a severe headache. I rarely get headaches so I read the back label and it said if you get severe headaches to contact your doctor so I did and they switched me to Ortho-Micronor which I hated. So now I'm back on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo and hopefully it will work as great as last time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to go on a birth control pill.

May 9, 2011 8:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This pill is great for preventing pregnancy, that's it. The side effects that come with it are terrible. This pill made me turn into a different person. I would cry for no reason, I became overly sensitive, get mad for no reason, and had a constant bad, depressed, helpless feeling. If someone said something mean, even in a joking manner it felt like the end of the world, when it should be something to be shrugged off. I took this pill for 4 years and the thing that made me realize the pill was the cause of the problem was that I missed 3 in a row and I felt amazing, like a normal person again. I am now switching methods and feel way better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 25, 2011 10:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: It took about 3 months for my body to adapt to the pills, but after that it worked really well for me. It lightened my periods, made them 3 days shorter and they always came on time. After the first 3 months I might have had spotting once over the rest of the year.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2011 7:19 PM
Review by FDaura: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I used this specifically as a contraceptive. At the beginning of every cycle (the first couple white pills) I would wake up in the middle of the night with nausea. This would then lead to a couple hours of throwing up. I also had severe headaches, mood swings, no sex drive, and I was bloated.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2011 9:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for 7 years and it has worked very well for me. No pregnancies, even if I missed pills every once in a while. I've gained some weight, but not much, and have had very predictable, short periods (3.5 days). I also have not had problems with mood swings. Sadly, I can no longer take this pill because my insurance no longer covers it. I am going to try the Nuvaring next, which I am very nervous about because I'm not sure how it will affect me. Wish me luck!

April 13, 2011 1:22 PM
Review by Shay260: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for one month. I had bad PMS this month and started me period a week early. I still have four pills to finish. No other side effects.

March 13, 2011 9:32 PM
Review by frustrated14: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Ortho TriCyclen Lo for approximately 15 years, I'm not sure exactly when I started since its been that long. The first 5 or so years were great, I had regular periods, light-moderate bleeding, less acne and cramps but after that I've had less sex drive, regular adult acne, steady weight gain with the inability to lose easily (even tried weight-watchers with no effect), mood swings and slight depression. Other factors may have come into play with school, work and relationships but I'm now married and the side-effects are more noticeable since the other factors have leveled out. I'm trying something else mainly due to weight gain, mood swings and cost - I'm in Arizona - OTCL is now $88 a month.

February 25, 2011 7:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): This was my very first birth control pill that I've tried. Great pill at first. Cleared my skin only gained 5lbs in the 1 yr I was on it. However after the 7th month I started experiencing hair loss! I was known for my thick full beautiful long black hair, so this was very important to me. I continued to take the pill thinking the hair loss would eventually stop, but it only got worse. My hair would come off in chunks and I hated brushing it because it would pull out even more hair. My friends and family started noticing my hair loss. I stopped taking the pill immediately when a pharmacist told me it may be the pill. I've been off of the pill for 3 months haven't gained my hair back but at least it has stopped falling out!

February 5, 2011 2:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo almost a year ago and all it has done is make me crazy. The first couple of months I felt nauseous and lightheaded. It didn't help with my period if possible it made it worse. My mood went up and down all the time. I felt anxious and worried all the time and it made me feel crazy. I recently changed it and I regret not changing it sooner.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 17, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is my second time on Ortho Lo and I have to say I am unimpressed again. I gave it a 5 as it does protect from pregnancy well, but that's it. This pill makes me feel crazy, have racing anxious thoughts, worrying about lots of things including death, like crying or punching someone in the face, and very tired. My face breaks out painfully. My breasts are so sore I can barely move. My periods are heavier and more painful. Also, my hair is thinner and comes out in clumps. To whoever wrote they had that happen and heard going off it makes it worse: go off it! I was on this for a year, and when I went off it, my hair grew back in and the thinning spots went away. Coming back on it, I already feel my hair thinning.

January 9, 2011 8:34 PM