User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki, Ocella, Syeda, Vestura, Yaela, Yasmin, Yaz, Zarah

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Acne 130 reviews 513 medications

6.2
Premenstrual Syndrome 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 651 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This pill drove me nuts. After starting the first pack, within a few days I started to feel run down, but I persevered, allowing my body to adjust to it. I finished the first pack, took the break and then started the second pack. Hell. I was so nauseous, I really thought I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I was tired... I was starting to get really scared. Additionally, I am a happy, upbeat person, but on yasmin, I felt sad; like I have never felt before. I could cry at the drop of a hat, I just felt like I was worthless (having never felt that before), and I could see no hope. It was so weird. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, became the most annoying person in the world. I came off it mid pack and within days I was back to myself."

Jeanie10 July 31, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have tried Yasmin twice and this time it made me so nauseous that I couldn't go to college so I stopped. Then I decided to suck it up and carry on and I'm so glad I did because the feeling of sickness only lasted about 5 days and now I am fine. I feel that my appetite is suppressed so I don't eat as much. My boobs feel a bit tender and I have gone up a cup size. I am yet to see results on my skin, it's still quite bad but I assume it takes time to clear up. Also my last comment is that I have recently had difficulty breathing and my chest was really tight? The doctor said it is allergy related but I read online it can also be a reaction to Yasmin. My doctor said it was unlikely though."

Katieeeeya July 30, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I get very sore, swollen, cyst like spots around my chin area, I would only get 2-3 at a time but they were so big & sore! I used duac for a couple of years & this worked, until a few months back when it became less effective. My doctor mentioned Yasmin & thought I would give it a go despite it's mixed reviews & I am so glad I did! My skin has never looked so smooth on my face! I had one large spot a couple of weeks into using Yasmin (this was normal as I always got these at this time of month) however the spot was gone in a couple of days & usually they would be angry & sore for weeks! Since then, I have not had one cystic spot. I used to use microgynon 30 before I switched, & other than better skin, I have had no other noticeable affects"

Amy Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I am 14 years old and I am taking this pill for several reasons: acne, bad menstrual cramps and heavy periods. So far it has cleared up my acne way faster then anything else I've tried, but I am on two other pills for acne as well, so it could be the combined effects. It hasn't had much of an effect on my period itself, but the cramps are way less. The downside to this medication is that it makes me feel really nauseous. I've tried taking the pill with a meal or a snack, but nothing helps. This pill makes me vomit if I eat more then a few bites at once. The pill made my breasts grow up a size (which is weird considering the weight loss from not being able to eat). If you're just looking for a birth control, look elsewhere."

hurricanelilly July 26, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I'm on the 2nd week of my 2nd pack and so far I see little to no change in my acne, it's made me get minor menstrual cramps at times not even close to my period, but lightened up my period alot! I have some pretty intense mood swings, and a bit of nausea, probably going to switch since this isn't helping me and making me grumpy and depressed 24/7"

Abbycazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I'm 17 and I have acne and my periods aren't on a right "schedule" I started taking this pill for 3 years now ( I stopped using it for a while in the middle ) but at the time that I took it, it really did help with my period and it was great! For the skin though I'm not too sure I mean I still get zits ( not really awful zits but their still bad zits ) at times ( though it might be because of the chocolate I eat which I can't get rid of :) ) but overall it wasn't a bad pill but the side effects are really bothering me I have mood swings and tend to cry for any stupid reason when I argue with my mom ( but again this might be because I'm in "teenage years " ) so yeah be aware of the side effects ."

Shyshy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I've been on Yaz for three months. I started taking it because I told my doctor that I had really bad moodiness during PMS. Ha, it's gotten worse! I don't start my period till the last day of inactive pills. My cramps feel like I'm 15 again (I'm 36) and my mood swings have worsened. Barely any sex drive. I'm going back to Ortho-Tricyclen (Trinessa)."

CJ1321 July 25, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been using Yaz for about 6weeks now and I immediately noticed my skin getting better and my skin getting no clearer. My period has improved so much, it was hell before and now it's shorter and painless. My sex drive improved as well( I didn't expect that). The big problem I have are my mood swings. I am a very happy and charismatic person but now I feel anxious all the time, I'm sensitive over things that wouldn't bother me at all before. I cry all the time. I'm often irritable and sometimes just want toscream at everyone. I hate the emotional effects it has on me but i think the positives outweigh the negatives."

Lulubati July 13, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I havd suffered with pmdd for a long time. Almost got divorced over how emotional I would get once per month and hated how I acted. My children started noticing also my pied. I was not myself at right before my period. Since I have been on Yaz for past 6 months I have not had my usual monthly freak out and am in a much better mood. No more emotional rollercoaster. Infer like myself and not worried when I am going to freak out again. Yaz Is a lifesaver."

Courtney R July 9, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "The first month was the worst. I had the initial breakout everyone talks about. It started to get a little better then I had another bad breakout right before my sugar pills. I skipped the sugar pills and moved straight on to the second month. Now my skin has basically no breakouts on it, just some scarring and redness from my previous breakouts. I hope my skin continues to look better and not breakout. Yay for month 2!!!"

LGlll July 8, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Let me just start this by saying, you need to wait this birth control out. I had some moderate acne before taking the pill, and was needing to get back on a birth control and figured that yaz would be a good bet. Well, I have really zero side effects with yaz. Which I was so happy with. I still have a sex drive, I don't get headaches, bitchiness, or stomach aches. Overall, great pill. I had read the reviews about the pill before going on it and noticed most people had an initial first break out period with it getting better until month 3, so true! The first two months were hell, terrible breakouts I would say the worst in my life. But I am now in month four, and am hardly breaking out! Wait it out, it will pay off!"

Raduncan26 July 7, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Since I got on BC my hair has been falling out ,even now since I've been off it..ughhh wish I had done more research."

Zoi July 7, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for over a year now and so far so good. When I first started it I was pretty moody and had some acne but after the first few months my skin was always clear and there was waay less moodiness. (Still some but I think that's just how I am lol) This was the first birth control I took and I took it ever since!"

Anne11122 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I have been on the Pill Yasmin for 4 years now and i am only 17. I suffered from terrible acne therefor the reason i began taking it and it has been wonderful. Took me 6 months to see a difference but its worth the wait really has changed my life. I can now go out without make up on."

Yasmin Dale (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "My biggest concern was weight gain. I've just finished my first month of Zarah, and have actually lost a pound or two, but I'm pretty sure it's just water weight. The Good Stuff about Zarah: Reduced/No water retention. No increased appetite. My breasts haven't been swollen/tender. PMDD symptoms are much milder. The Neutral/Bleh Stuff about Zarah: still have some moodiness while the hormones adjust. Definitely having bouts of nausea. But I'll take nausea over no weight gain/slight weight loss any day."

EB83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Im 17 and I started Yasmin 4 months ago as I broke out in acne and I also had PCOS. This is not good when you do modelling, I was devastated. The doctor also started me on antibiotics to give the pill a chance to kick in. I have mood swings but I think that's pretty normal for a teenager, haven't really changed in my weight, but the great thing is my acne has cleared up, I can go without makeup now. I still get pimple breakouts every now and then but that's also a normal teenage thing. The doctor wants to change me to a milder pill soon, but if I break out again I will be asking to go back on Yasmin>"

Jaz 1 June 22, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Well, this was a last resort for my PMDD, which is pretty much destroying my life. I was VERY nervous about taking it - not interested in hair loss, weight gain etc. But I gave it a chance. 3 days in, developed a cluster of hives on left hand, and one on right hand. Extremely itchy. Absolutely no other changes in my products/lifestyle/food/etc.. So I know it's Yaz. Also all over burning/itchiness. Sun & showers make it worse. On day 4, realized I felt less..calm.. more anxious. Also finding it difficult to sleep. Doc claimed 'unlikely Yaz causing this'. Yeah, right. Told me to take Zyrtec for symptoms. Nope. This isn't working for me."

pmsinferno June 19, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I took Yasmin in my 20's and remembered that I had a decent experience on it, so when my GYN suggested birth control pills to help manage my peri menopause symptoms (aggressive mood swings, debilitating menstrual cramps, periods lasting 10 days and coming every 2 weeks, heavy clotting), I asked for the formula again (generic this time). I've been on it for 3 cycles and my experience is similar to what it was 15 yrs ago. Mood evened out almost immediately. Periods only once a month! Bleeding very light and lasts 3 or 4 days. Good side effects? Lost about 8 lbs, breasts fuller. Not-so-good side effects? Ovarian/uterine cramping and sore breasts during last week of active pills (I take a lot of Advil). Skin not better, but not worse either."

emley (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This is my second pack, I have never felt worse, microgynon never made me feel so sick, I'm nauseous for a week and a half , everyday! The first pack did not make me sick. My sex drive is none existent now I'm so moody On the upside, I've lost weight."

gabbise (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I started Yaz a few months ago and so far the results are unimpressive. Primarily I went on the pill the regulate my extremely heavy and long periods as a bonus I was using it as a contraceptive. Contraceptive wise it was a dream, but it did absolutely nothing for my periods, the pain was still there and instead of being 8 days they are now 10 or 11. I also got horrible mood swings, and I suffer from depression so I really didn't think I would get any 'lower' but on this pill I really have. My emotions are just all over the place. If you are going to go on this pill I would definitely do proper research. I have decided to stop taking it."

lpet76 June 11, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "The only reason I didn't rate this pill a 1, is because it did clear up my skin, which is initially why I switched to Ocella. I was on BeYaz for 3 months and loved it, and when I learned my insurance did not cover it, I quickly had to switch to a similar generic birth control. Which I thought Ocella was always compared to BeYaz. So let me just say it did wonders for my skin. HOWEVER, within a week of taking the pill, I noticed a huge change in my mood. I was really sad all of the time, especially at work. It only went down from there. After 5 weeks on Ocella, I had an anxiety attack at my boyfriends house and the following week I experienced the heaviest depression I have ever felt in my life. I had horrible thoughts, felt hopeless and dowN"

Ihateocella14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Confident with relying on it as only form of birth control. Breasts got bigger but gained no weight in the stomach/thigh area. Loss of sex drive in the first month but after that it went back to normal. I love this pill no mood changes at all. Cleared my face and works amazing"

Brit921 June 4, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering from almost all terrible side effects including fatigue, loss of libido and mood swing. I have had 4 packs of Yazmin so far. At the first three months, I feel a lot better. I was happier and even had better libido. However, starting from the 4 packs, I started to have some side effects. I am slowly losing my libido and became moody. Yet, my breast seems to be bigger, had shorter and lighter period, and haven't had breast pain and fatigue at all."

Anonymous4515864865 June 4, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and have been on Zarah for 2 years due to endometriosis. I don't notice my periods being much lighter while on it but that's probably due to my condition. I have had zero weight gain on this medication and my skin is always clear. It made me a little nauseous I'm the beginning, but nothing like what other bc pills did to me. This is by far my favorite!"

Cassie778 June 3, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I have been using yaz for about 2 months now and it as made my acne so much worse. I never have cystic acne in my life and now I'm getting it all over my cheeks where I never use to have acne. My acne was mild before but now looks severe from all the red marks of healing old hyper pigmentation. I'm 15 and obessed with my skin, and can't look people in the eyes and go out. I'm so fed up and I'm going on accutane in 3 days. yaz may work for some people but I'm telling you it throws your hormones to wack no matter what in the first month. Only difference I have seen on yaz is my whiteheads are smaller but skin is a lot worse over all. wishing you best of luck for finding something that works for you!"

ashghacns June 2, 2015