User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki, Ocella, Syeda, Vestura, Yaela, Yasmin, Yaz, Zarah

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Acne 134 reviews 512 medications

6.2
Premenstrual Syndrome 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 666 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on Kariva for years before I started Yaz. I'm so glad I made the switch! I am less irritable, less anxious, and my mood swings are gone. I knew that before my period I would get sad for no reason, feel unmotivated, and my anxiety would rise. I would prepare for it, like clockwork. I don't have to do that now! I feel so much better since taking Yaz. My energy is up, my ability to handle stress is better. Not to mention my face is glowing! My nails and hair have grown so healthy. My breasts have even grown a cup size (back to what they were before having a child)! The only negative is that my breast were tender the first few months of taking the medication (they're fine now)."

Sam555 August 24, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on revigeon pill before for me it was awful I was moody 24/7. Everything and everyone just annoyed me. My family and boyfriend said I'd changed alot!! After 3 months of this stress I finally told my doctor and he put me on yasmin which was for me amazing. I've been on yas for about a month now! I found myself much happier and I felt myself again."

sophhhh August 21, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I was initially on Yaz for about 6 years then stopped because I was getting migraines. The whole 6 years my skin was flawless. I quit taking it Jan 2015 and it is now Aug 2015. My skin is unbearable I don't even recognize myself. I got back on Gianvi (generic Yaz) and I'm hoping it will work again. I'm experiencing like 10-15 cysts at once and lowest self-esteem in my life. I can't tell if the birth control is going to help anytime soon. I am only on week 2 and losing hope."

bre23 August 20, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was put on Yaz earlier this year by my regular doctor. Within a week of taking yaz, I had severe pain in my abdomen, I couldn't breathe without being in excruciating pain. A week later I was worse, I was in the worst pain I'd ever felt constantly. I went back to the Dr and after a week of testing and hundreds of dollars found out I have a Gall Bladder Infection and may have to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, medication cleared it up after a few days. Since then I have found out that there is actually a number of class actions, in a number of different countries including Australia & Canada, against the maker of Yaz due to the immense number of adversely effected women. Dont go near it!!"

JLH90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I have been on Yaz for about 4 months now. I started taking it to regulate my periods, as they were very heavy and irregular. Yaz helped 100% with that issue. Now I know when my period will arrive and it only lasts about 4 days. Yaz has also cleared up my acne. Before taking it I had fairly severe acne (for a 36 year old) and since taking Yaz I don't have severe breakouts, just one or two pimples here and there. If I had to list my negative experiences since taking Yaz it would be my irritability. Small things annoy me...like my husband chewing his cereal. It's not bad enough that I go into a rage or anything, but it can be annoying. Also, the outside edges of my breasts are sore. Feels like when I was nursing! So far, a positive experience"

safford5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Having an awful time with yasmin have been on it about a year and a half have gained about a stone and a half l. Have tender breasts constantly. Sex drive is non existant its putting a strain on my relationship. Have increased 3 cup sizes since i started taking it. Cant wa8t to go see GP and get rid of this awful pill once and for all!"

Roberta x August 14, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "It took six months to my skin to get clear. The first 4 months were the worst, but now, I don"

Yasuli August 13, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this for the past six months and I'm so ready to ditch it! Yes, it cleared up my acne but I've gained almost 10 lbs and cannot get rid of them! I've tried exercise and changed my eating habits, but no success. It's also made me really irritable and tired. Thankfully I'm meeting with my doctor next month!"

Xxyyzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 11, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was switched to zarah for my PCOS and was really happy to try something new. I had taken lutera for three years for heavy and painful periods and then for the past 6 months had not gotten a period, which is common with PCOS. My doctor recommended I try zarah. Just in the first month, I was way more moody and retaining a lot of water weight. Then my periods came. It was the worst period I've had since I started birth control. Painful cramps and heavy bleeding to the point I needed to change a super plus tampon every hour. I am going back to the doctor to get this changed, since I waited the three months to see if anything would change. The only positive was that it was an effective birth control."

Duneybear August 11, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I usually never give reviews on any products but this is something Women need to know of before even going on this pill! I have been on a lot of different birth controls in the past, I have never in my life experienced such a HORRID birth control in all my life. The pharmacy ended up giving me Zarrah 21 instead last time I filled my prescription & for the 1st month I thought 100% I was pregnant! I was getting "morning sickness" & gained probably about 5-10 pounds just in the first month and I am completely exhausted and lethargic almost 24/7 now. Honestly I can deal with the sickness & the little weight gain but the acne! I have never had acne in my life but this is unreal...its painful and horrible all over my face!! Dont go on this pill!!"

Hillvhh August 8, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I had prescribed yasmin to help with cystic acne and hirtuism as I was told I had pcos. It was great at first I lost about 4/5 lbs my skin started to clear (no crazy initial breakout, phew!) Mood improved, sex drive improved, I was travelling in Oz and eating rubbish but I literally started piling on the pounds, I spent most of my time in Oz feeling bloated, heavy and self concious. After that I started to exercise and eat clean for weeks but could not loose a lb. So I quit after 7 months on it. Put on another 5 lbs! After a long 3 months off yasmine and 7 weeks in between periods I started to loose weight! Skin stayed clear with use of epiduo (recommend) 5 months off and my periods are back to normal and still loosing. Wasn't worth it at all. "

siojenjen August 7, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Yaz now for a little over a year, and i have noticed a few effects of it. Some good and some bad. It cleared up my acne a lot, made my periods WAY lighter and less painful. The bad side effects are that I almost completely have lost my sex drive, also it makes my eyes super sensitive, I always have to wear sunglasses and can barley wear contacts for about 3 hours. When I first started taking it I got really bad nausea but now I don't."

Sdawg (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 5, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "i was prescribed dianete for years and my face was beautiful! Bar the odd spot if I had a few too many drinks on a sat night =\ however due to docs weaning women off Dianete because of health issues such as blood clots, strokes they switched me to Yasmin! Worst pill I have ever had! My face looks like a giant Pizza! It's vile, I get up everyday with another spot, angry red ones that lay under the skin so I can't even attempt to get rid of them. I cry all the time, depression is creeping in. I'm crying at TV adverts it's that bad! I will be returning back to the docs to get a new pill."

Lotty8904 August 4, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "If you're considering using this I wouldn't recommend it. On the first week of using this I would find myself hysterically crying on the bathroom floor at night. I got really depressed while on it on the first week. On the second week literally on the 10th day of using this I got hives. I didn't stop using it hoping it would just go away. Wrong. It got so bad I was hospitalized for it"

Do.Not.Use.It (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "This pill drove me nuts. After starting the first pack, within a few days I started to feel run down, but I persevered, allowing my body to adjust to it. I finished the first pack, took the break and then started the second pack. Hell. I was so nauseous, I really thought I was pregnant. My boobs were sore, I was tired... I was starting to get really scared. Additionally, I am a happy, upbeat person, but on yasmin, I felt sad; like I have never felt before. I could cry at the drop of a hat, I just felt like I was worthless (having never felt that before), and I could see no hope. It was so weird. My boyfriend, who I love dearly, became the most annoying person in the world. I came off it mid pack and within days I was back to myself."

Jeanie10 July 31, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have tried Yasmin twice and this time it made me so nauseous that I couldn't go to college so I stopped. Then I decided to suck it up and carry on and I'm so glad I did because the feeling of sickness only lasted about 5 days and now I am fine. I feel that my appetite is suppressed so I don't eat as much. My boobs feel a bit tender and I have gone up a cup size. I am yet to see results on my skin, it's still quite bad but I assume it takes time to clear up. Also my last comment is that I have recently had difficulty breathing and my chest was really tight? The doctor said it is allergy related but I read online it can also be a reaction to Yasmin. My doctor said it was unlikely though."

Katieeeeya July 30, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking Gianvi about one month ago. Prior to that, I was on Heather 2 years. I was prescribed Heather because I was a nursing mother. I had bad breakouts with Heather and inconsistent long periods. After nursing, I wanted to switch to a more effective birth control. I was prescribed Apri and went for an emotional roller coaster. I was only on Apri for 2 weeks and my breakouts were worse than they have ever been. After Apri, I was switched to Gianvi. Wow What a difference. I have been on it for just shy of 1 month and my breakouts have stopped. I have some scarring from my previous breakouts, but they are fading. I have noticed that my mood seems to be "normal.""

jojobean318 July 29, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I get very sore, swollen, cyst like spots around my chin area, I would only get 2-3 at a time but they were so big & sore! I used duac for a couple of years & this worked, until a few months back when it became less effective. My doctor mentioned Yasmin & thought I would give it a go despite it's mixed reviews & I am so glad I did! My skin has never looked so smooth on my face! I had one large spot a couple of weeks into using Yasmin (this was normal as I always got these at this time of month) however the spot was gone in a couple of days & usually they would be angry & sore for weeks! Since then, I have not had one cystic spot. I used to use microgynon 30 before I switched, & other than better skin, I have had no other noticeable affects"

Amy Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I am 14 years old and I am taking this pill for several reasons: acne, bad menstrual cramps and heavy periods. So far it has cleared up my acne way faster then anything else I've tried, but I am on two other pills for acne as well, so it could be the combined effects. It hasn't had much of an effect on my period itself, but the cramps are way less. The downside to this medication is that it makes me feel really nauseous. I've tried taking the pill with a meal or a snack, but nothing helps. This pill makes me vomit if I eat more then a few bites at once. The pill made my breasts grow up a size (which is weird considering the weight loss from not being able to eat). If you're just looking for a birth control, look elsewhere."

hurricanelilly July 26, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I'm on the 2nd week of my 2nd pack and so far I see little to no change in my acne, it's made me get minor menstrual cramps at times not even close to my period, but lightened up my period alot! I have some pretty intense mood swings, and a bit of nausea, probably going to switch since this isn't helping me and making me grumpy and depressed 24/7"

Abbycazz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I'm 17 and I have acne and my periods aren't on a right "schedule" I started taking this pill for 3 years now ( I stopped using it for a while in the middle ) but at the time that I took it, it really did help with my period and it was great! For the skin though I'm not too sure I mean I still get zits ( not really awful zits but their still bad zits ) at times ( though it might be because of the chocolate I eat which I can't get rid of :) ) but overall it wasn't a bad pill but the side effects are really bothering me I have mood swings and tend to cry for any stupid reason when I argue with my mom ( but again this might be because I'm in "teenage years " ) so yeah be aware of the side effects ."

Shyshy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I've been on Yaz for three months. I started taking it because I told my doctor that I had really bad moodiness during PMS. Ha, it's gotten worse! I don't start my period till the last day of inactive pills. My cramps feel like I'm 15 again (I'm 36) and my mood swings have worsened. Barely any sex drive. I'm going back to Ortho-Tricyclen (Trinessa)."

CJ1321 July 25, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been using Yaz for about 6weeks now and I immediately noticed my skin getting better and my skin getting no clearer. My period has improved so much, it was hell before and now it's shorter and painless. My sex drive improved as well( I didn't expect that). The big problem I have are my mood swings. I am a very happy and charismatic person but now I feel anxious all the time, I'm sensitive over things that wouldn't bother me at all before. I cry all the time. I'm often irritable and sometimes just want toscream at everyone. I hate the emotional effects it has on me but i think the positives outweigh the negatives."

Lulubati July 13, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I havd suffered with pmdd for a long time. Almost got divorced over how emotional I would get once per month and hated how I acted. My children started noticing also my pied. I was not myself at right before my period. Since I have been on Yaz for past 6 months I have not had my usual monthly freak out and am in a much better mood. No more emotional rollercoaster. Infer like myself and not worried when I am going to freak out again. Yaz Is a lifesaver."

Courtney R July 9, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "The first month was the worst. I had the initial breakout everyone talks about. It started to get a little better then I had another bad breakout right before my sugar pills. I skipped the sugar pills and moved straight on to the second month. Now my skin has basically no breakouts on it, just some scarring and redness from my previous breakouts. I hope my skin continues to look better and not breakout. Yay for month 2!!!"

LGlll July 8, 2015