User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol

Also known as: Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki, Ocella, Syeda, Vestura, Yaela, Yasmin, Yaz, Zarah

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Acne 121 reviews 513 medications

6.2
Premenstrual Syndrome 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol reviews 625 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was on Gianvi for a month. I found myself in a spiraling depression to the point that I was crying daily. I had terrible anxiety and trouble concentrating. I couldn't focus and had trouble sleeping. I couldn't figure out why I was in such a funk, until I got my period and suddenly felt better. I then googled Gianvi and discovered that this level of depression and anxiety isn't uncommon on this pill."

Anonymous May 23, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "My Obgyn recommended me to take Yasmin pills to regulate my hormones. This was after I had a surgery to remove polyps formed on my uterine lining. I have been on this for 1 year now and lately, I start to have cyst on my skin. I had one on my tummy, another on my thigh and now there is one more under my bum. This cyst is a small red bump on the skin which is painful. On one hand, I minimized the risk of uterine polyps recurring but on the other hand, I get skin cysts."

Anonymous May 23, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "I have PCOS and my gynecologist recommended that I take Yaz or Ocella. I took Ocella about a week, but after feeling numbness in my arm I decided to look up reviews on Yasmin, Yaz, and Ocella. I was horrified. I stopped Ocella and my PCOS started to get worse so I searched for medications that were good to treat PCOS. Yasmin had awesome reviews from people with PCOS (not so much for those with out it). I read allot of reviews and found that most people can tell a difference btw Yasmin and Ocella. I don't have insurance, but to me the price is worth it! I've lost weight, have my period again which makes me feel normal, my breast have only slightly gotten larger but don't hurt, and my skin only breaks out when I'm on my period."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on gianvi for months and it works great with break outs which I started getting in my late 20's and then I pick up my my prescription from my pharmacy this month and it was vestura I noticed immediately because of the different packaging but since starting Vestura this week I've had more break outs then I've ever had my whole life and every time I look up info on if they are the same drug it's confusing it has like ten student names including Yazmin which I've seen for lawsuits. I also have started a different generic for my oxycodone 10/325 so if any one had singular experiences and can lend me some help I'm open to anything. Thanks"

melinda757 May 21, 2015

Zarah (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I am 21, very fit and active. Although I've had two kids, I only weigh about 140, and I work out daily (4-5 days a week) I walk 3.5 miles a day and go to the gym. I began taking Zarah in hopes that it wouldn't cause weight gain, however, I have gained 5lbs in the first week. Not to mention I cannot lose the weight no matter how hard I try! Keep in mind I also diet. I have retained so much fluid, and this medicine caused crazy mood swings and irritability. I also bled when I wasn't on my period. I stopped using zarah about a week ago... I've lost those 5lbs, no more mood swings and I feel much better."

Camilax13 May 16, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been using Yaz for almost two months and I won't be continuing with this pill. Almost immediately after I changed from Qlaira to Yaz I noticed my anxiety levels rising, I'm not one to constantly worry and have always had this joy for life, but not since taking Yaz. I don't even feel like waking up and doing what I love. My sex drive is very, very, very low and I'm very dry down there. I'm very moody and fight with my fiance on a daily basis. My breasts have gone up an entire cup size and they are really tende. I have severe abdominal pains and nausea. I cannot wait to start a different pill."

FrankieSweeting May 11, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Checking back in from my previous post. I just started my 3rd week on my 3rd pack. First, I never write reviews and second I'm so mad it's taken me this long to try yaz. I can't believe how my skin looks! SO CLEAR! I had zero faith in this birth control,I've tried everything. 1month ago I was hiding in my room wanting to get off this stuff. The initial breakout was bad, definitely made it worse by picking at it. I don't remember the last time my face has looked this clear! This was my dermatologist last try before the dreaded accutane. The last 2 years has been filled with nasty chin/jaw breakouts. First time in 2 years I have no breakouts. THANK YOU MAKERS OF YAZ. Please please please give it 3-4 months before giving up."

KSUgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "pros -much lighter period -shorter period (4-5 days) -almost no cramps -no pregnancy scares -clearer skin CONS -really sore boobs all of the time -high blood pressure -lost a lot of hair and my hair about half as thick as it use to be"

alexandra1210 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "No side effects(nausea, headaches,etc) Regulated my period"

archii May 5, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I am 20 and have had terrible skin since I was about 15. After taking the Yasmin pill as well as Duac cream from my doctor my skin is so clear and smooth! Everyone keeps saying to me OMG your skin is amazing! I would definitely recommend it it's been brilliant. Only side affect may be mood swings but even at that I'm still not sure..."

megwilldo May 5, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "Switched from Microgynon to Yazmin due to suffering with headaches, fatigue & loss of libido. However, yaz did not really help to be honest! My periods were heavier and more painful on Yaz, I was moody, had painful breasts but one bonus was they were bigger! Still got headaches too oh and I gained 5lb during 6 mths of using this pill."

Joedi April 28, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I am 20 years old and have had relatively clear skin my whole life. Just over a month ago I had a horrific breakout, the likes of which i'd never seen! Before, I'd stress out over one little spot on my chin whereas now my whole face was riddled with them. I was prescribed Yasmin and just wanted to say - it's not a quick fix! I've been on it almost a month now and I'd say my acne has gotten twice as bad - the spots are mostly comedonal acne and my uneven face and complexion make me extremely self conscious. Following reading the other good reviews, I'm looking forward to the good skin to come, but just needed to say that it's certainly not here yet! Hoping Yasmin follows the rule that "sometimes things get worse before they get better"!"

Charlotte J (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking Yaz almost 3 months ago. I was put on Yaz for hormonal acne (chin and jaw line). I've had TERRIBLE experiences with birth control, weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. I was nervous to start Yaz. Within a week my acne was completely gone! I did not experience any mood swings or weight gain! No "hungry all the time feeling." I was beyond excited. I started my 2nd pack and my face lit up like never before. Probably the worst breakouts I've ever had. I just finished my 2nd pack and my face is finally clearing up. Im just dealing with the aftermath from the breakouts (purple blue spots). I'm guessing my body was just getting used to the hormones. I'll check back in after month 3! Hopefully it will continue to clear up!"

Ksugirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I have never left a review for any kind of drug or medication before but felt that I needed to for Yasmin in case there were other people in my situation. I am 21 and have had quite mild acne since I was about fifteen, however, around four months ago (after two years using implanon as contraception) I experienced a terrible breakout. I used every topical I could think of and was borderline suicidal over the state of my skin before my doctor mentioned the implanon can often contribute to bad hormonal acne. I got it taken out that same day and started on Yasmin, and within less than two months I have no active acne whatsoever and am focusing on healing my scarring. This pill has been a godsend for me."

hmgirl April 23, 2015

For Birth Control: "I was on yaz as a teenager and got off of it around age 22. I'm 27 now and decided to get back on the pill because I have hormonal adult acne and I HATE IT! I tried other pills and it made it worse! I got on loryna-in on my 2nd month and my acne is clear for a couple weeks then I'll break out (around my periods) I'm hoping the 3rd month will show even better improvements but all and all I'm happy with this pill. It bettered my mood as well."

Alleezee April 22, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I was on yasmin for about 3 years, it completely cleared up my skin. However I was concerned about the blood clotting issue so I changed to first dianne and then to zooley. Both were terrible, I broke out in places I never had before. I'm back on yasmin now, I can't wait till I have beautiful skin again !"

Kittiesty April 22, 2015

Ocella (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking this when I was 17 years old (now almost 22) and ordinary antibiotics weren't helping my acne problems. Before, I had unpredictable periods (often skipping once every several months for no reason), painful cramps, and a period lasting up to 7 whole days. Now I have a 99% clear face, a regular light-medium period lasting 4-5 days and NO cramps! I am not sexually active (never have been), so I'm not sure how effective it is for me actual birth control-wise, but my sex drive is much lower. I may end up finding a new brand once I get married later this year because of this side effect alone."

Strebla1234 April 21, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Yaz was my best friend. I began the pill when I was 15 for irregular periods but I didn't expect it to clear my skin the way it did. It cleared my face, back, and chest. I mean I finally got compliments on my skin. I got pregnant a month after I stopped taking it and my skin was worse than ever. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because it didn't work for me after giving birth. It gave me migraines and the acne didn't clear up. However, I'm almost positive it was due to me not taking it religiously like I did in high school."

Julie from NC April 21, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Have been using yasmin for about 6 weeks. I am 25 and have suffered with acne of the face, shoulders and back since I was about 13. Roaccutane isn't an option for me. I don't think I have been on Yasmin long enough to make a fully informed review, but so far my skin has looked notably clearer, I used to get cysts around my jaw and neck which were so painful, along with normal spots and blackheads around my chin and mouth. My skin is still far from perfect, but I have not had any cysts, and only one spot on my chin. Blackheads seen minimised, and I have started using a moisturiser for 'normal' skin, rather than the heavy duty oil control ones as they had become to drying! Side effects: heavier periods, tender breasts. That's all so far!"

Aimez (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I reccently started the Yasmin pill and at first I honestly didn't think I would be able to carry on with it because it was making me feel so nauseous! I also got really bad headaches which caused me to be really moody. However, my doctor told me to give it a few weeks to settle and for my system to get used to it. I was not happy about this let me say! I wanted to scream at her to feel how ill I felt. It got better though on the fifth day I woke up and I felt fine all of a sudden, all of the side effects I was feeling had just gone. I had terrible skin and it has make my skin so much better and I feel fine now. If you're taking it and you're feeling ill like I did - I know it feels like crap but honestly just hold on cause it will go."

Hannahscoffield April 19, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "Yasmin changed my life! For the past year or so I started breaking out due to hormones (it only happened the week before my period) & getting HORRIBLE PMS. About 2-3 days before my period, I would get very irritable and grouchy, to the point where it affected my work and social life. I went to my doctor with these problems & she recommended Yasmin. The first 6wks or so, it was horrible. I broke out even more, gained about 10-15lbs, & that led to a slight depression. But people told me that is just what happens when your hormones adjust to new birth control? I'm really glad I stuck through because my acne is now completely gone and my PMS levels have decreased by at least 75%, feeling SO much better!"

Btm8 April 17, 2015

Nikki (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for : "I hate this birth control. I was originally taking Gianvi which I absolutely loved because I didn't gain ANY weight. My acne cleared up and I stayed slim. For some reason my pharmacy switched me to Nikki and in 2 months I went from 121 to 143. I am 5'4 and I lift weights 5 days a week. I use to be defined/toned and now I'm so bloated all the time I look fluffy and bulky. I do NOT like this birth control and my skin does not like it either!! :("

Riley21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2015

Yaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Menstrual Disorders: "My dermatologist recommended Yaz for my acne. However I also have horrible menstrual cycles and let me tell you, you cannot go wrong with Yaz. I hardly felt any pain. My acne was basically gone also. Now all I have is some dark spots here and there"

starshanelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

Yasmin (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Acne: "I've started using Yasmin because of my mild acne. I'm on my third pack now and so far I can't say that my face is clear. One day it gets better but than the next day it gets worse again. It may be that I just have to wait for a little bit longer ."

12345789 April 10, 2015

Gianvi (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on Gianvi for 3 months. I feel like a crazy person. My emotions are through the roof and I get random spurts of horrible anger and irritation. The first two months I didn't notice much, it all came at once. My breasts are almost unbearably sore, and it has done nothing for my horrible heavy period and painful cramps. I feel like I'm PMSing constantly. It's just not working for me. Hopefully others have had a better experience than I. I can't wait to switch to something new."

Lnt (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2015