User Reviews for Valium

9.2
Tetanus 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Valium reviews 160 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Valium

For Meniere's Disease "Valium worked. But can no longer afford the brand. So, I have to try the generic. Time will tell if it works. The brand cost at this time is $204. The cost for the generic is $30. Insurance will pay for the generic not Valium. The generic does not work the same."

Dizzy Dee May 16, 2016

For Anxiety "My doctor will not prescribe medicine for my panic attacks. I have depression and when I have a panic attack have trouble breathing. Doctors will not prescribe valium for these attacks because he says they are addictive. This is crazy. I am not a drug addict and need something to help me thru these attacks. What to do. Maybe a little lead to the head would take care of these attacks."

Puttintain May 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I current take this medication to stay calm. I have bad anxiety due to some ptsd related issues. I've tried em all from Ativan-Xanax, and this medication works well. I currently take a generic brand. The brand is TEVA. I did not like the Mylan brand, for it was chalky and was weak. TEVA is a great generic Valium and it helps very well for people struggling from anxiety disorder. I hope this helps somebody."

TLed47 March 6, 2016

For Anxiety "Used for 17yrs, worked well at first but needed increased doses as I became tolerant,held the same dose for past 7 yrs then suddenly became acutely anxious and agoraphobic dose was increased again but only result was awful unsteadiness on my feet. Finally was told that some people get withdrawal symptoms even whilst taking the same dose and it seems that is the problem I have,never been this ill in my life and now i face having to taper off it which scares me, my experience and opinion is it was fine short term but long term caused me more problems than it ever solved."

Mel77007 February 23, 2016

For Anxiety "Increased quality of my life after trying several antidepressants (did nothing helpful at all!). Side effects made matters worse despite doing nothing for my chronic anxiety due to bouts of cancer."

Johnny Jo February 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I love this medication and it frustrates me that it is shunned upon so heavily by most doctors and mental health practitioners. Its true the withdrawals can be incredibly bad but if not abused, this medication is a god send for those with anxiety. I have strong mood issues and while I try to meditate / exercise / eat small regular meals / keep busy and be active etc. which helps most days, sometimes it just doesn't cut it when I'm having a extreme anxiety and just need to relax. I was prescribed 5mg for travel (panic attacks flying) but I cut that in 1/4 and just take 1.25mg occasionally here and there when I need it. That's all you need and I find it does the job amazingly."

186MKR February 7, 2016

For Meniere's Disease "I have been dealing with symptoms of Meniere's Disease for 30 years and until three years ago no Dr. could properly diagnose the issue. When I was 5 years old I suffered a concussion, when I was 13 years old I suffered another concussion from a 90 mph fastball to the head. Shortly after the incident at 13 years old I started having intermittent & recurring symptoms of vertigo & hearing loss in my left ear (same side as both injuries). My parents thought I was a typical stubborn teen until they took me to have my hearing tested and found I had 30db of hearing loss. Two years ago I started experiencing unexplained falls and roaring in my ear. The Dr found 60 Db & said it is Meniere's. The Dr prescribed low dose Valium. It changed my life!"

MyLife212 January 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I had pain in my stomach no one could diagnose for three months. I was put on SSRI that made me worse an I lost 35 pounds with no appetite. Pain one day released and I became extremely anxious . by taking a small dose of Valium in the am and pm I am so much better also was given Dr Claire Weeks book which helped. I never thought I would recover hang in there."

Jeri jo January 17, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "During my cancer treatment, valium was prescribed to me for muscles spasms. It only took about 10 minutes to start working, it has done the job very well for me. I've been able to do my physical therapy with minimal pain , and soon hope to be pain-free!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Valium works for me I have a panic disorder and I was taking Ativan (Lorazepam) in the US. since 2004. And my psychiatrist changed it to Diazepam) 10 mg sometimes 5mg since I have lived in Manila,Philippines. I have to wean off Lorazepam for awhile since you can't just stop Lorazepam right away and there is no Lorazepam here in Manila. Diazepam is the answer so I have switch to it. It works really well.."

Rdsn January 14, 2016

For Anxiety "I was given this for GAD, 5mg twice daily. It works great for anxiety and for sleep. I'm authorized 15mg daily but normally I take 10 as described above. Before this I tried lie 20 different medications and they all gave me several side effects until the Doc gave me this one. Mild muscle relaxer which I also need, god for sleep and awake on day time when need to be awake and alert. Sure, if I lay back on day time after taking the pill I can easily take a nice nap. ;-)"

Papote55 January 13, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Relax nicely, act better than cyclobenzaprine"

Woturumogaloya (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been on diazepam long term, started because of PTSD. It is a mild sedative if I'm relaxing I'll get tired, if I'm working I don't get tired I just feel no negative feelings. It really is a chill pill. I am in construction field now and no issues and if I take one before going to bed my back pain soothes (Valium is mild muscle relaxer) and I always seem to have pleasant dreams. Never had a bad dream since on Valium, but at the same time it isn't luxurious or fantasy dreams either. It has been a miracle drug for me. I do not like how doctors now like to avoid benzos. Valium is a great medicine. I take 30mg per day generic brand. Hope this helps someone."

Nellbear December 11, 2015

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "My first choice for muscle spams"

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "A good choice just to help. Withdrawal from drink are not as bad as so many people make out. If you really want this, you will do anything to be clean. I'm sober 6 years."

Anonymous December 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I have tried a lot of different anti- anxiety meds and Valium is the only one that actually works for me and I don't get nasty side effects with."

Bree85 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "i've tried everything for panic attacks and depersonalization so far. i don't like ssri's they make me feel like a zombie. i don't really have any side effects which is very rare as i'm sensetive to a lot of drugs/food anything you name it. I do find sometimes the day after i'm still tired and a bit depressed. I have 4mg+ if i'm having a panic attack it seems to help quite a lot. i take 2mg if i'm going to a party or a new place and take more if i need to. i'm going to try propanolol next i heard it's great too."

khamilton133 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2015

For Light Sedation "I take it before I go to sleep, and it is the best thing any doc could have given me . All the other meds made me feel like shit. And this one I sleep like a Champ and wake up with a smile."

Gonzocj November 24, 2015

For Meniere's Disease "I've suffered with Meniere's/vestibular neuritis for over 37 years and it has cast a dark shadow over my quality of life. The only medicine that has helped me to live with the episodes (loss of balance, vertigo, dis-equilibrium) has been valium. Because valium suppresses the central nervous system, it helps me to cope."

samud November 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "The med does work very well. Side effects make it unbearable. I'm quitting the use of this product."

Spasms & Spasticity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety "I have had very bad anxiety since I was in my teens. Tried all sorts of other tablets nothing worked for me. I couldn't leave the house, no girlfriends. Then I was put on valium (diazepam). I take 10mg in the morning and 10mg at night and have done for 24 years. Changed my life. Got a great job, married, 2 kids, never took more than I was given. The doctor's tried to get me off it, I tried to come off it but went back into my head,fear off going to work, fear off going out. So went back on diazepam and was able to work, be a husband, Father. This drug saved my life. It makes me so mad because off dope heads selling it and given it a bad name. The only thing is make sure you stick to your dose, and never just stop taken it."

Anonymous October 19, 2015

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I took Valium for nearly 20 yrs for anxiety and functioned just great. My Dr retired and I had to find another. He is weening me off, now down to 2.5mg twice a day. I am miserable ! I'm stuck in my home, can't sleep, and my heart and stomach are going wild. I don't know how much more of this I can stand ! I feel I'm going to have a heart attack, I've lost so much weight I look terrible. And my Dr doesn't seem to notice or even care. He says he cannot be writing for it. I am not a dope head. I am a 53 yr old grandma who needs help. My children worry about me all the time. What is a person to do ?? Go to the street ?? I don't know that kinda life and don't want to. I can't afford a psychiatrist, just a Dr that cares !"

anxiety 101 (taken for 10 years or more) October 14, 2015

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am male age 65 years old. My nurse practitioner is trying to wean me off Valium after taking it ( 5 mgs) since I was 23..that's 43 years. It has been doing it's job for me. It gave me back my life. I have extreme anxiety disorders. My original physician gave me no hassle. He died, and I had to get a new Doctor. Things were fine until this past year when out of the blue she recommended me getting off the drug. I never abused it, but she is adamant about it. So, I am trying..truly am. It's not going too well. I am wondering if I should find a new Dr. and take my records there. I think my age has something to do with it, but getting off it is almost a nightmare. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I really would like some feedback from others."

Drewadam September 28, 2015

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I don't like medication in general but this one got me thru work ,divorced single parent of 2 children. No side affects, very qualified professional work. Then I became wheelchair disabled on the job, I was ripped off by family of 96,000 dollars during a 2yr hospitalization. With corticosteroids I resumed the 5mg valium which helped. For me I only need 1 a day although prescribed 4, so they last me 6 mos to a year. IM LUCKY for I don't like to feel dopey just normal. If I've gotten into an insomnia state for a stressful situation with my autoimmune condition is the only time I'd taken 2 to sleep if tylenol pm didn't work. "

Calm Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 26, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have a terminal illness, kidney failure. the times that I've needed to calm down, easy worry, and calm my tight muscles-valium is the solve. I've been taking it for almost 4 years, without additiction or compulsion to "have to have it." When my back is against the wall with all my medical situations, this drug has provided for my lifestyle very well. thanks to all for sharing honestly on this site."

wolf mistress (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2015