User Reviews for Valium

Tetanus 1 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Valium reviews 114 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Valium

Review by Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by xjunkie4jesus (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: This is the ONLY medicine in the benzodiazepine family that is useful to me for BOTH panic attacks AND sleep! Great results.

October 15, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one.

October 10, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications.

August 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Review by Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see.

July 19, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by denver4b (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. I take two antidepressants and Buspar and Valium for anxiety. I have begun taking 10 mg of Valium several times a day and it helps calm my million mile an hour brain. I wish I didn't have to take so much medication but to live a normal daily life, they are necessary.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by janee04 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I had ended up in the ER a few times with weird problems like not being able to catch my breath and hyperventilating before I even new they were panic attacks. They started me on Ativan but it made me so hyper and loopy I literately forgot a few days so when I was put on Valium it was a God send. It prevents and treats panic attacks without the loopy feeling and It doesn't affect my ability to perform daily activities so I'd recommend it to anyone seeking this type of help.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 12:36 AM

Review by nocentsonthedollar:

For Anxiety: This is a wonderful medicine for anxiety it works within 20 mins and lasts for a long time because of its long half life. However if you are suffering from depression, especially clinical depression I would not recommend taking this. It will worsen your depression symptoms if taken too often. If you started an SSRI antidepressant it can be used early on to help with some side effects like increased anxiety in the first few weeks on the medication.

May 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Review by Nikkinicole11234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Night Terrors: I was having night terrors several times a night at the end of my pregnancy. I would awake several times a night believing that the terrible nightmare I had was real, I would be terrified, one night I even woke up believing that I was just touched on my arm and woken up. These are worse than nightmares, they are extremely lucid horrific dreams, your lucky when you actually wake up. Being 9 months pregnant I was very hesitant about taking Valium but there came a point when I had to. The first night I got relief from the night terrors and every night after. It's a great medication for this problem but I would make sure that the benefits always outweighed the risks.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:27 PM

Review by AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie.

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2014 10:35 PM

Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by sid owen:

For Muscle Spasm: Great for muscle spasms

February 5, 2014 9:27 AM

Review by bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2014 2:04 AM

Review by Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 6:44 AM

Review by renee croft:

For Muscle Spasm: Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by jovell:

For Anxiety: It really relieves my anxiety.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2013 3:16 AM

Review by Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: All of my life I've had varying levels of social anxiety & agoraphobia, usually without any logical cause. Even riding in cars made me unduly nervous. I had a rough, fear-filled childhood and that seemed to set me up for chronic nervousness. But there's no room for that in adult life. Valium eliminates the unnecessary anxiety & also helps with muscle spasms from my fibromyalgia. I don't get fatigue from this during the day. I do find that taking one before bed helps me relax my 100-miles-per-hour brain (stupid racing thoughts & worries) plus my muscles don't get all kinked up in knots while I'm sleeping. I've never needed to increase my dose on it even after several years, since it works as well as the day I started it, personally.

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2013 10:52 AM

Review by KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Muscle Spasm: Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off.

August 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by Scotteboy:

For Anxiety: I've experienced anxiety attack/panic attacks the last 2 years started off slow attacks then they started getting more frequent . Worried so much that I got rushed to hospital 3 times for over breathing . Anyway I work as a miner and so I have to fly a lot and because of my anxiety was getting worse i started getting attacks in the air that was freeking me out so I went to my doctor and he put me on 5mg of Valium and I tell you what I've never felt better just calms me down and relaxs me can't remember the last time I've had a panic attack its great :)

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2013 4:33 PM

Review by Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Very effective against anxiety possibly the best.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2013 4:08 PM

Review by pcush29 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Meniere's Disease: I have had vertigo/Menieres' since 2003 and Valium seems to be the only medicine that helped me. It takes the edge off of the dizzy feeling the frustration that goes alone with it. My experience is different than most, in that I get dizzy when chopping veggies, washing dishes, sometimes driving on roads with hills (there aren't many where I live thank God!) But it comes and goes and happens almost every day. I think I would probably freak out if my doctor said I couldn't take it any more.

March 23, 2013 12:53 PM

Review by frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Muscle Spasm: It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go.

March 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Review by brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there.

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2013 5:51 AM

Review by InSoMuchPain:

For Muscle Spasm: It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2013 1:16 PM