User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Valium to treat Muscle Spasm

Review by Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Review by sid owen:

Great for muscle spasms

February 5, 2014 9:27 AM

Review by renee croft:

Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it.

November 15, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more):

Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off.

August 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Review by frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go.

March 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Review by InSoMuchPain:

It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2013 1:16 PM

Review by bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2012 3:40 PM

Review by Juijo:

No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it.

April 18, 2012 8:24 PM

Review by Big Baseball Fan:

I'm a 32 yr young woman, who at the age of 11 was diagnosed with a severe spine disorder (scoliosis), it was also affecting my vertebra, they were turning in causing my ribs to crush my lungs. My doctor said I had a year or so to live. I was slowly suffocating. So at 12 yrs old I had 2 herrington rods put in on each side of my spine. From neck to tush! The pain then wasn't to bad, that I remember, but now at 32 some days I can't even move (WINTER-IDAHO). But 2 yrs ago I started using diazepam and at first I slept a lot, but as time has passed I have a great life. I myself cannot play sports but I can sit on a metal bench for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy watching my 4 boys play sports. Take as prescribed and tell your doctor if it's not helping.

September 14, 2011 12:08 AM

Review by logistician:

Did little to relieve spasms radiating through leg muscles from lumbar stenosis, which it was prescribed for. Most notable effect was erectile dysfunction.

June 7, 2011 2:15 PM

I was originally prescribed Valium for mild anxiety. It has helped but amazingly it has stopped my muscle pain from a bulging disc L5. I now suffer no pain at all from the muscles around the disc its amazing.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2011 6:29 PM

I have a bulging disc @ L5 & S1, also causing sciatica pain. The disc is impinging on a nerve causing numbness and tingling in my lower leg and foot. At times there are spasms that can hurt so bad I will actually jump up out of my chair or sit straight up in bed out of a dead sleep. I have been on pain medicines alone, pain medicines along with muscle relaxers and muscle relaxers alone. I prefer the muscle relaxers alone because they don't seem to make me feel so bad during the day and I can still function and take care of my household. Guess I will find out if that still works after surgery, that is if they decide I need it, I really hope we can find another option to "fix" my back for now.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Review by ghanson2010:

It works the best for my sciatic nerve. They tried everything else and this works the best.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2010 6:50 PM

Review by gmc12873:

The Valium really helped with the spasms from my back which was stenosis. I took 5mg in the day and 10mg at night and that will make you run for the bed. Beware if taking the 10mg while you are up because it will knock you out.

December 17, 2009 2:14 PM

Review by tehsalt:

Extreme back pain was gone after the first shot. Amazing what this medication does. Only side effect is that it makes you very sleepy which in a way, it could be a good thing so you don't feel the pain (in my case, i found it very useful).

December 14, 2009 2:07 AM

Review by billy1953:

I was recently given valium with methadone for muscle spasm and pain due to cancer treatment. I have to say with all the other medicines we tried this worked the best. I have to give a big thanks to my doctors for finally coming up with a treatment that finally worked.

March 22, 2009 11:18 AM

Review by FLcruisergal:

This is really a dual-medication review of 10. I have bad muscle spasms in response to pain from a lower back (L5) herniated disk that is also compressing nerves that pass down S1 area below, causing sciatica pain in the bum and upper legs. I was prescribed Valium to help alleviate the spasms generated by the pain, and it helped to about a rating of 6. Then I was prescribed Baclofen (Brand: Liorsal) in combination with the Valium and that has completely taken away the spasms. I take them 30 minutes before rising and the spasms are gone when I get up. The morning spasms are the worst, because of the turning you do in your sleep. I do not get drowsy, even with both, but I have a high tolerance to drowsy medicines. If spasms are your only pain, this may help.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2009 2:40 PM

Review by jk33:

This medicine has helped me very much. I get very bad spasms in my neck and shoulder. It helps 100% and I also have a much better time sleeping. It keeps my mind from wondering while I try to sleep. It also makes me feel more refreshed when I wake up. I have less mood swings. I used to pace back and fourth all day and it put a stop to that as well. It has improved my life very much.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2009 3:05 AM

Review by sex pistol:

I find this drug to be great for muscle spasm. It helps me greatly for tension headaches.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2008 8:02 PM