User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Valium to treat Muscle Spasm

"Over all good"

zania February 14, 2015

"This medication works as intended with minimal side effects. Relieves my muscle spasms and takes away the nervousness and bad attitude caused by back pain (not back ache). I take Percocet with Valium. "

Coon dog January 22, 2015

"I suffer from lower back pain. I had a back fusion in November 2013 about 6 months ago I started having really bad back spasms around the area they did the fusion which was my L-5/S-1. They had me on Flexeril but did not help they tried the Valium and it works. I do not take it every day only when I have the spasms between that and the Percocet it is the only thing that works. But I only take them as needed."

USAF Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2014

"My muscle spasms in my spine were caused by injury. They have gotten worse with age. BUT, I had Doctors who listened. I cannot take "pain" pills or even NSAIDS. And because of the injury to my head, aspirin in large doses. Valium was prescribed by three Neurologists-but in low doses. The reviews I have read that are negative to Valium have the patients taking doses WAAAY to high. They are creating zombies. I take 6 Mg. a DAY--and it works and I have live with this spine pain--on a cane--for many years. They cannot "cure" it, but Valium has made it possible for me to stay out of a wheelchair. The Doctors who overprescribe are CREATING a problem for the patient. It is a very effective medication, cheap and very mild side effects."

laverdad (taken for 10 years or more) November 25, 2014

"I have fibromyalgia and a undiagnosed connective tissue disorder and this medicine has helped me with spasms and pain as well as trigger points reduction. Currently using it for a anxiety med as well this medicine has helped with All of the above at the same time taking the place of numerous medications. I feel this should be used as substitute for multiple meds to reduce the amount of potential interactions and unnecessary additional medications."

Lana050513 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great for muscle spasms"

sid owen February 5, 2014

"Very helpful with back injury & muscle spasms. No side effects that I'm aware of. My condition is severe, without it and other meds I still have restless poor sleep due to severe pain & spasms but I barely have no sleep or relief without it."

renee croft November 15, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have taken this with my other medicines prescribed. It actually works and if taken for a long time you need not just stop, you have to be weaned off."

KatRL31 (taken for 10 years or more) August 8, 2013

"It really helps with my chronic pain I can walk on the treadmill with no hands for 40 min. I was taking it for something else but notice on the treadmill my bad hand just relaxed and let go. "

frogtoad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2013

"It gives me rapid relief of my muscle spasms starting within 10 minutes. It's the only 'as needed' medication I know of, whereas the others I've been prescribed are 'take at scheduled times' meaning they have slow bioavailability and one may be taking unneccessary doses."

InSoMuchPain January 26, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been put on Valium to relieve the muscle spasms and aches due to the reduction of Prednisone, which I have been taking for a long period of time (26 years). Anyway this reduction of Prednisone has caused me quite a bit of muscle spasms, muscle aches, and muscle pain. The 10 mg of Valium relieves the muscle spasms and achiness. I feel the Valium is a God send for my relief. I take one 10-mg tab of Valium every morning when I wake up, as that is when the muscle pain is most severe. The Valium is effective in relieving the effects of the tapering down of my Prednisone level. Valium works very well for me. I rate the Valium a 10 in my relief!"

bobweezl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2012

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"No doctor had been able to diagnose my condition. As a result, I was prescribed 10mg of Valium 3x daily as a crutch indefinitely. At first, I was dim-witted and happy and got SOME relief, but after about a year, I started to become increasingly apathetic, dim-witted, started to have problems with light sensitivity and focus, become uninterested in socializing, and have a personality shift from the funny, charming guy, to a depressed robot with anger spasms, who takes risks just to feel some sense of being alive. After 2.5 years, the physical relief has all but stopped, and an any case I cannot have a life taking this. I am in the process of tapering off of it."

Juijo April 18, 2012

"I'm a 32 yr young woman, who at the age of 11 was diagnosed with a severe spine disorder (scoliosis), it was also affecting my vertebra, they were turning in causing my ribs to crush my lungs. My doctor said I had a year or so to live. I was slowly suffocating. So at 12 yrs old I had 2 herrington rods put in on each side of my spine. From neck to tush! The pain then wasn't to bad, that I remember, but now at 32 some days I can't even move (WINTER-IDAHO). But 2 yrs ago I started using diazepam and at first I slept a lot, but as time has passed I have a great life. I myself cannot play sports but I can sit on a metal bench for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy watching my 4 boys play sports. Take as prescribed and tell your doctor if it's not helping."

Big Baseball Fan September 14, 2011

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Did little to relieve spasms radiating through leg muscles from lumbar stenosis, which it was prescribed for. Most notable effect was erectile dysfunction."

logistician June 7, 2011

"I was originally prescribed Valium for mild anxiety. It has helped but amazingly it has stopped my muscle pain from a bulging disc L5. I now suffer no pain at all from the muscles around the disc its amazing."

Anonymous April 9, 2011

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have a bulging disc @ L5 & S1, also causing sciatica pain. The disc is impinging on a nerve causing numbness and tingling in my lower leg and foot. At times there are spasms that can hurt so bad I will actually jump up out of my chair or sit straight up in bed out of a dead sleep. I have been on pain medicines alone, pain medicines along with muscle relaxers and muscle relaxers alone. I prefer the muscle relaxers alone because they don't seem to make me feel so bad during the day and I can still function and take care of my household. Guess I will find out if that still works after surgery, that is if they decide I need it, I really hope we can find another option to "fix" my back for now."

Anonymous February 4, 2011

"It works the best for my sciatic nerve. They tried everything else and this works the best."

ghanson2010 November 20, 2010

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"The Valium really helped with the spasms from my back which was stenosis. I took 5mg in the day and 10mg at night and that will make you run for the bed. Beware if taking the 10mg while you are up because it will knock you out."

gmc12873 December 17, 2009

"Extreme back pain was gone after the first shot. Amazing what this medication does. Only side effect is that it makes you very sleepy which in a way, it could be a good thing so you don't feel the pain (in my case, i found it very useful)."

tehsalt December 14, 2009

"I was recently given valium with methadone for muscle spasm and pain due to cancer treatment. I have to say with all the other medicines we tried this worked the best. I have to give a big thanks to my doctors for finally coming up with a treatment that finally worked."

billy1953 March 22, 2009

"This is really a dual-medication review of 10. I have bad muscle spasms in response to pain from a lower back (L5) herniated disk that is also compressing nerves that pass down S1 area below, causing sciatica pain in the bum and upper legs. I was prescribed Valium to help alleviate the spasms generated by the pain, and it helped to about a rating of 6. Then I was prescribed Baclofen (Brand: Liorsal) in combination with the Valium and that has completely taken away the spasms. I take them 30 minutes before rising and the spasms are gone when I get up. The morning spasms are the worst, because of the turning you do in your sleep. I do not get drowsy, even with both, but I have a high tolerance to drowsy medicines. If spasms are your only pain, this may help."

FLcruisergal February 3, 2009

"This medicine has helped me very much. I get very bad spasms in my neck and shoulder. It helps 100% and I also have a much better time sleeping. It keeps my mind from wondering while I try to sleep. It also makes me feel more refreshed when I wake up. I have less mood swings. I used to pace back and fourth all day and it put a stop to that as well. It has improved my life very much."

jk33 January 23, 2009

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I find this drug to be great for muscle spasm. It helps me greatly for tension headaches."

sex pistol July 29, 2008

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Muscle Spasm