User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Valium to treat Anxiety

"I started having major panic attacks and general anxiety cuased by the bereavement of my daughter who dies unexpectedly a few months ago. I would wake up int he morning with butterflies in my stomach and feeling like a deer in the headlights. As the day progressed it only got worse. After weeks of this it was just unbearable. I went to see a psychiatrist who prescribed valium- the lowest dose. I take half a pill in the morning and evening and have been on this regimen for two weeks. I cannot begin to tell you what a tremendous relief this drug has provided. I am very sensitive to all kinds of meds and the strongest thing I ever take is Ibuprofen. I had no bad reactions nor any side effects. Awesome."

MissPK (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

"I have been taking valium for 15 years for sleep and anxiety 15-30mg. This drug has worked good through the years but I have begun to notice memory and balance issues so I decided to get off of it. The first time I quickly tapered and one night I awoke to a racing heart beat, tremors, & an intense feeling like my head, face, & back were on fire. I had to go back on because of this. Now I'm doing a slow taper so far have gone from 15mg to 7.5mg over 4 months. Going from 15-10mg was easy but going under 10mg has been very difficult at times. For years I was very much positive about this drug but I do not think you should take it for more than a month unless you just have to have it. Just be careful withdrawals can kill."

jhuckmg25 (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2015

"Take 7.5mg twice a day and it prevents my anxiety from getting out of control and stops my frequent panic attacks. The only medication that has worked for me so far. Hopefully my doctor will be ok with this medication long term and not going back to trying SSRI after SSRI."

TyHaDe (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

"Other than drowsiness for about 45 minutes after taking it, great medicine! Works in like 10 minutes, so if I feel a panic attack coming on I take my dosage and before I know it I'm calm. It enables me to go into mass public places and can go into crowded restaurants with my family. Valium has given me a huge part of my life back. I know most doctors are against it because dope heads have abused this type of drug. You can only get it from a psychiatrist now but it saved my social life so I see the shrink monthly! Thanks valium"

Brandon1981 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

"I have been taking Valium every day for 5 years for anxiety and muscle spasms. Good to kill 2 birds with one stone. I take a relatively microscopic dose of 2.5mg/day, and after 5 years, I have probably built up a tolerance to it so that this tiny dose has no physiological effect any more. But even if I'm now getting the placebo effect from it, I don't care. I don't have panic attacks any more and that's all I really care about."

Mr. J (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2015

"Two years ago, I couldn't sleep, my doctor gave me all type of sleep meds, nothing worked. The only med works is this. I take 5mg every night on and off for 2 years. No side effect."

Emily lane 1980 March 20, 2015

"mild-moderate anxiolytic effect but Long lasting. Definite calming effect and sense of tranquility. I weened off of 5mg of Xanax with this wonderful drug and had virtually no withdrawal. Makes me feel level headed and at peace when I start to stress"

Dandawolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

"Great all around benzodiazepine! Lasts long and is generally mild but does the job!"

Anxiety Mike (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2014

"I reacted harshly to this medicine. It turns out that I am someone who is sensitive to this medicine and was best prescribed it at the pediatric level of 1mg. Now that we have found the correct dose, it does wonders for large overwhelming panic attacks."

Chaiya (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2014

"This is the ONLY medicine in the benzodiazepine family that is useful to me for BOTH panic attacks AND sleep! Great results."

xjunkie4jesus (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was given a sample pack, but it has the opposite effects for me, as I had an increase in fear of danger, and worrying, I was extremely focused, and unable to sleep. My doctor has had me test a few anti anxiety meds Ativan, antidepressants, and the only one that works for me is Xanax at a low dose. I would make sure you consult your doctor first on this one."

Miss Trina (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2014

"Recently began suffering generalized anxiety disorder, took me to the point of suicide, prescribed diazepam. The 1st time I took it I felt aggressive and annoyed easily however after a few days I can safely say it has greatly reduced my anxiety for now however my doctor has said he will not let me stay on it due to the bodies ability to easily resist the medicine over time requiring greater doses etc. Desperately do not want to try antidepressants again (due to a previous severe reaction). We shall see."

Batman2014 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. I take two antidepressants and Buspar and Valium for anxiety. I have begun taking 10 mg of Valium several times a day and it helps calm my million mile an hour brain. I wish I didn't have to take so much medication but to live a normal daily life, they are necessary."

denver4b (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had ended up in the ER a few times with weird problems like not being able to catch my breath and hyperventilating before I even new they were panic attacks. They started me on Ativan but it made me so hyper and loopy I literately forgot a few days so when I was put on Valium it was a God send. It prevents and treats panic attacks without the loopy feeling and It doesn't affect my ability to perform daily activities so I'd recommend it to anyone seeking this type of help."

janee04 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2014

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This is a wonderful medicine for anxiety it works within 20 mins and lasts for a long time because of its long half life. However if you are suffering from depression, especially clinical depression I would not recommend taking this. It will worsen your depression symptoms if taken too often. If you started an SSRI antidepressant it can be used early on to help with some side effects like increased anxiety in the first few weeks on the medication."

nocentsonthedollar May 21, 2014

"I've been on just about every benzodiazapine there is and Valium (diazepam) is all around the best for combating debilitating anxiety symptoms. It may not be the most potent benzo, but it has wide and equal benzo effects including sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant and can be used for insomnia. Now the main reason why Valium is the best is its extra long half life. It's effects can linger for days which is helpful if you have chronic anxiety. It also prevents those ups and downs short acting benzos cause like Xanax and Ativan. Another thing to note is withdrawal from Valium is by far the most mild out of ALL the benzos. This wonderful medication is an oldie but goodie."

AnxietyMike (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2014

239 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness. "

Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time."

Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2014

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine."

bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2014

"Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through."

Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2013

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It really relieves my anxiety."

jovell August 27, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"All of my life I've had varying levels of social anxiety & agoraphobia, usually without any logical cause. Even riding in cars made me unduly nervous. I had a rough, fear-filled childhood and that seemed to set me up for chronic nervousness. But there's no room for that in adult life. Valium eliminates the unnecessary anxiety & also helps with muscle spasms from my fibromyalgia. I don't get fatigue from this during the day. I do find that taking one before bed helps me relax my 100-miles-per-hour brain (stupid racing thoughts & worries) plus my muscles don't get all kinked up in knots while I'm sleeping. I've never needed to increase my dose on it even after several years, since it works as well as the day I started it, personally."

Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2013

230 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've experienced anxiety attack/panic attacks the last 2 years started off slow attacks then they started getting more frequent . Worried so much that I got rushed to hospital 3 times for over breathing . Anyway I work as a miner and so I have to fly a lot and because of my anxiety was getting worse i started getting attacks in the air that was freeking me out so I went to my doctor and he put me on 5mg of Valium and I tell you what I've never felt better just calms me down and relaxs me can't remember the last time I've had a panic attack its great :)"

Scotteboy June 16, 2013

"Very effective against anxiety possibly the best."

Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 15, 2013

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there."

brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2013

192 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next