User Reviews for Valium

Learn more about Valium.

Valium review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Valium to treat Anxiety

Review by Jetted Out (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Been taking diazepam for a while now, its been helping my everyday life. Since Valium, I've been more upbeat with reality. Only side effect I have is drowsiness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2014 10:35 PM
Review by Muffin10a (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I am taking 2mg three times a day for anxiety. The anxiety is much better now and I can go places without having panic attacks. I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

February 13, 2014 9:58 PM
Review by bluecuda66 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Used it for 12 years and it was a life saver great medicine.

January 4, 2014 2:04 AM
Review by Wayne MCFC (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Valium has been a lifesaver for me, I probably wouldn't be here without it. I suffer from severe anxiety, panic disorder and clinical depression. This has got me through some very bad times when I thought I was dying and couldn't cope. I take 10mg during bad spells and it gets me through.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 6:44 AM
Review by jovell: User Rating:

It really relieves my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:16 AM
Review by Liz1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

All of my life I've had varying levels of social anxiety & agoraphobia, usually without any logical cause. Even riding in cars made me unduly nervous. I had a rough, fear-filled childhood and that seemed to set me up for chronic nervousness. But there's no room for that in adult life. Valium eliminates the unnecessary anxiety & also helps with muscle spasms from my fibromyalgia. I don't get fatigue from this during the day. I do find that taking one before bed helps me relax my 100-miles-per-hour brain (stupid racing thoughts & worries) plus my muscles don't get all kinked up in knots while I'm sleeping. I've never needed to increase my dose on it even after several years, since it works as well as the day I started it, personally.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 20, 2013 10:52 AM
Review by Scotteboy:

I've experienced anxiety attack/panic attacks the last 2 years started off slow attacks then they started getting more frequent . Worried so much that I got rushed to hospital 3 times for over breathing . Anyway I work as a miner and so I have to fly a lot and because of my anxiety was getting worse i started getting attacks in the air that was freeking me out so I went to my doctor and he put me on 5mg of Valium and I tell you what I've never felt better just calms me down and relaxs me can't remember the last time I've had a panic attack its great :)

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2013 4:33 PM
Review by Ray1987 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Very effective against anxiety possibly the best.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 15, 2013 4:08 PM
Review by brettrx (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I'm 36, have social anxiety, GAD, TMJ, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, cluster headaches, & herniated vertebrae. I've taken everything, including 12 years on a high dose of Xanax. After finally convincing a doc to prescribe me Valium, I felt like a different person. It kicks in FAST, but Its long half-life prevents that awful anxiety rebound effect. I find that Valium has a powerful (yet feels gentle) calmative effect on the body as well- which is absolutely wonderful when my muscles & joints are tight. Valium is hands down the best benzo anti-anxiety medication out there.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 5:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I began taking Valium from doctors in 1968 or 1969 when I was in the Vietnam War and experienced a great deal of combat which affected me very much. It helped. I have been taking Valium for decades. It increases irritability greatly probably because of head wounds that caused brain damage. 1000 to 1200mg Carbamazepine stops or reduces the irritability. Unfortunately, the combination of the two medicines causes tiredness.

December 15, 2012 10:04 PM
Review by serotorch (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have benign recurrent vertigo and migraine-associated vertigo. Both are a source of extreme anxiety for me, and that anxiety makes the spinning worse. Valium (2.5mg as needed) calms the anxiety within 15 or so minutes, and the vertigo tends to leave soon afterwards. I have had no side effects, save for being very hungry the day after I take it. It gave me my life back.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 29, 2012 7:55 PM
Review by Old Soldier (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

When I returned from my second tour in Vietnam in 1971, I was a "mess" mentally. My diagnosis was/is Generalized Anxiety Disorder. After trying various medicines, my psychiatrist settled on 10MG Valium three times a day. Although certain circumstances will still make me anxious, they are limited and my normal life is fine. Has worked for 41 years! Thank you Valium!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 17, 2012 11:01 AM
Review by ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Life Saviour when it comes to severe anxiety and panic attacks.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 26, 2012 9:56 AM
Review by Mikeymike420 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

This is the best anti-anxiety medicine there is. It doesn't leave you with more anxiety if you don't take your next dose due to the long half life. Xanax and Ativan for example have short half lives so you feel terrible in a few hours. Stick to good old fashioned Valium for Anxiety.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 6, 2012 5:56 PM
Review by RA PAIN (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I find brand Valium has a significantly higher improvement success. But with the cost difference I have to get what I can afford sadly. When I had better insurance I could get brand.

May 15, 2012 10:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

When I finally got a doctor to prescribe Valium it was a life changing start. I always had social anxiety and was very introverted. After being on Valium I quickly moved up in my company because I could interact and socialize with no fears or anxiety. After a few years I was in charge of up to 50 workers and always got good feedback from customers, and professionals related to our work and was able to focus and enjoy dealing with many different personalities. The only problem was getting very sleepy while driving.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 10, 2012 2:21 AM
Review by Daveguess: User Rating:

Years ago they did not have Xanax. I had panic attacks and this medicine saved me from losing my job for fear of driving! IT was my salvation from the terrible panic attacks!

January 13, 2012 4:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This was the only thing that gave me some pain relief from severe irritable bowel syndrome, triggered/made worse from anxiety. Thank God for Valium. Only lasted about 3 hrs, but was a low dose of 2mg. Only a small supply was given to me as a short term solution, but I'm so glad I'm finally getting the relief from the anxiety and pain.

December 17, 2011 3:39 AM
Review by ArIck: User Rating:

Valium worked wonders for me when I realized that my anxiety had been making me a shut-in with a low quality of life. Aside from developing an insatiable appetite at first, it seemed like a miracle. Example: I took a Valium before flying and could not find my luggage in baggage claim. Previously, I would have been shaking, crying and sweating. Instead, I confidently walked over to customer service and learned that my bag will come when the next flight arrives. Self-inflicted meltdown averted. It's long half-life, however, can be a blessing and bad. It lasts practically all day, but that also means it makes me a bit drowsy and lazy all day as well.

December 11, 2011 4:50 PM
Review by Stuttering-boy: User Rating:

Valium makes me Stutter about 80% less! Wonderful medicine if taken the right way. I can be normal like everybody else, don't know what I would do without it.

November 25, 2011 3:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Use of this medicine is to very effective in treating the illnesses for which it is prescribed. They will also admit that it is an extremely safe medicine to use. Valium when used by me, sporadically, as needed, effectively treats my anxiety episodes, which untreated would probably lead to ulcers.

October 9, 2011 5:10 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It helps me get to sleep without thinking all night long.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2011 7:45 PM
Review by willio: User Rating:

I've been taking Valium for two years now and really found it a lifesaver. I left my parents house and had to keep my old doctor (50 miles away) as I'm afraid if I join a new surgery they will want to pressurize me to come off my it, as I also receive 20 mg of temazepam to help sleep as well. I find most doctors very unwilling to prescribe benzo's.

September 16, 2011 9:59 AM
Review by lonewolf1253: User Rating:

The best anxiety medicine I have taken and I have taken them all. Works very fast, about 20 minutes and keeps working. Also for me it is basically non-addictive. I can take it when I like and then stop for long periods if I want to. In fact I used Valium to get off Klonopin which was a nightmare to get off until Valium was substituted.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 2, 2011 12:48 PM
Review by helpneededplz: User Rating:

I was given a short course of valium 4x 2mg a day for 5 days. I needed a slight relaxant, as I was going through opiate withdrawals through no fault of my own. It seemed to work pretty okay, but I think for panic attacks and anxiety I would say you need a minimum of 5mg, as I don't think 2mg was enough to take the edge off it. A great medicine though.

August 29, 2011 10:08 PM