Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Prepopik

Learn more about Prepopik.

Reviews for Prepopik to treat Bowel Preparation

Review by AlleyP (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Much more expensive than the Miralax prep. I paid ~$80 out-of-pocket. I did like the fact that you only drink 10 ounces. (split in 2 doses) Then you follow up with clear liquids of your choice. The orange flavor was tolerable. I was instructed to take the 2nd dose at 8pm. I woke up at 3pm with almost unbearable stomach cramps. I've had a baby & kidney stones and the pain rated right up there! This was my 4th colon prep and I have never had this experience before. I got a thorough cleansing but don't know if that sort of pain is worth having this prep.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 10:49 AM
Review by Dianem0425 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Used for colonoscopy prep since it was the smallest amount to drink over the longest time. Tasted like sprite. Drank 7 8 oz glasses of water over next hour. 90 minutes and had 3 explosions. Then 2 more glasses of water until 2nd dose 5 hrs later. 2 glasses of water, 30 minutes later, awful stomach cramps, dizziness, numb fingers and toes, dry mouth. Thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Worse than labor pains! Took 30 minutes to pass. Went to bed exhausted. Definitely cleaned me out!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 16, 2013 4:23 PM
Review by Kimo49er: User Rating:

Used for repeat colonoscopy after my first one, a year ago. Compared to Golytely that I used the first time, this was easier for me and tasted 100% better. The Dr saw no difference in the quality and now I don't have to return for 5 years. Why anyone would opt for a high volume, nasty tasting prep when this is available I don't know.

July 23, 2013 2:11 PM

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Professional resources