User Reviews for Prepopik

Learn more about Prepopik.

Prepopik Review Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Prepopik to treat Bowel Preparation

"Though I followed the instructions exactly, this did not work for me. Sadly I have to repeat my colonoscopy in 2 months. It's unfortunate because it was much easier than the other preps I've been through."

babs25709 July 20, 2015

"My doctor prescribed Prepopik in preparation for my fourth colonoscopy; prior preps used were ducolax and magnesium citrate per my doctor's instructions which always worked well. The prepopik did not and, in fact, I went through all of the steps to the "T", i.e., no solid food the day prior, first packet at 4 with five 8 oz. cups of water; second packet at 8 with three 8 oz cups of water. I thought the regimen worked but to my (and the doctor's) amazement, after the start of the colonoscopy too much stool was discovered in my body and the colonoscopy could not be performed. UNBELIEVABLE; and for this I paid $50 and my insurance company paid $52. Would never recommend it."

JustKev June 12, 2015

"This a very small quantity prep. I just reduced solid intake 48 hours. I had breakfast - mostly protein and started prep 5pm that day. Much easier to take using straw - I drank seven 8oz drinks over 3-4 hours - everytime I went to bathroom, I drank 8oz. I did not notice severe cramps etc. Second prep was harder and I only took four 8oz drinks. My last visit to bathroom was clear. Happy with this product..."

IR March 25, 2015

"I took the Prepopik for my first colonoscopy (I'm 25) and I found it to be very effective. The orange flavor was very tolerable. I had no bad cramps or terrible side effects with it, but I had taken magnesium citrate the night before and that had already cleaned me out somewhat. My only issue was I ended up so dehydrated that I showed up to my colonoscopy with a fever. Try to drink as much fluid as you can with this prep! I drank plenty, but there was more liquid coming out of me than going in. Overall, I would recommend the Prepopik. On a side note, my insurance didn't cover it, but the office I go to had it available. I recommend asking your office if they have it available if insurance won't cover it at the pharmacy."

skinnygirl March 14, 2015

"It worked, but it caused me to pass out. I took this as instructed - 1 dose at 4pm and another at 8pm. My doctor's instructions were to drink 2 16 oz glasses of water/beverage or more after the 4pm dose, and that liquids could continue to be consumed after the second dose until Midnight. I drank some herbal tea. Things went fine after the first dose, and it seemed gentle enough. I went to the restroom several times and things seemed to be moving along. I took the second dose and by 10pm thought I was done. I woke up at 12:30am with stomach cramps and a pounding headache. I had watery diarrhea and became very dizzy. I stood up and passed out, hitting my head."

Cobra Chick (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

"I had violent vomiting with this medication. I tried taking it twice and within one hour I couldn't hold it down. It's only plus is it does not taste bad."

Renae99 September 5, 2014

"Much more expensive than the Miralax prep. I paid ~$80 out-of-pocket. I did like the fact that you only drink 10 ounces. (split in 2 doses) Then you follow up with clear liquids of your choice. The orange flavor was tolerable. I was instructed to take the 2nd dose at 8pm. I woke up at 3pm with almost unbearable stomach cramps. I've had a baby & kidney stones and the pain rated right up there! This was my 4th colon prep and I have never had this experience before. I got a thorough cleansing but don't know if that sort of pain is worth having this prep."

AlleyP (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2014

"Used for colonoscopy prep since it was the smallest amount to drink over the longest time. Tasted like sprite. Drank 7 8 oz glasses of water over next hour. 90 minutes and had 3 explosions. Then 2 more glasses of water until 2nd dose 5 hrs later. 2 glasses of water, 30 minutes later, awful stomach cramps, dizziness, numb fingers and toes, dry mouth. Thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Worse than labor pains! Took 30 minutes to pass. Went to bed exhausted. Definitely cleaned me out!"

Dianem0425 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2013

"Used for repeat colonoscopy after my first one, a year ago. Compared to Golytely that I used the first time, this was easier for me and tasted 100% better. The Dr saw no difference in the quality and now I don't have to return for 5 years. Why anyone would opt for a high volume, nasty tasting prep when this is available I don't know."

Kimo49er July 23, 2013

Learn more about Bowel Preparation

More about Prepopik (citric acid / magnesium oxide / sodium picosulfate)

Professional resources