User Reviews for GoLYTELY

Learn more about GoLYTELY.

Constipation, Chronic 2 reviews 29 medications

Bowel Preparation 6 reviews 112 medications

7.3
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of GoLYTELY reviews 8 reviews 8.0

Reviews for GoLYTELY

Review by Gulyt:

For Bowel Preparation: I dunked it with out ice, awful taste, But when I put ice and lemon in it, it was awesome, just like lemonade. I strongly recommend ice in your glass. By the way those powders that comes with it, they are very sweet and doesn't taste good but ice and lemons is the best. It is a lot of drink, I did it in 2 days after 5.

March 13, 2013 6:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Clean-out went much better than expected. Taste was better than I feared. If you like to drink water, like I do, it was no big deal. I swallowed 80 oz in half an hour.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 9:30 AM

For Bowel Preparation: Wonderful prep. Had slight abdomen pain towards the end. It did exactly what it was meant for. It really was not bad at all!! The only reason it didn't get a ten was because it was a lot to drink. I chugged some. Sipped it. And it took 4 hours to finish but I like this because you do it at your own pace. And once you are empty. No more loose stools!

December 4, 2012 7:07 PM

Review by Dreamyr0304:

For Bowel Preparation: I had stomach cramps within minutes of starting my first glass of Golytely and started my first bowel movement before I could even finish my first glass! Aside from the nasty taste and the stomach cramps, I have to say this really works. I think my colon will be completely clear for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning at the rate I'm going and that's saying a lot since I'm disabled and have zero control down there in that area.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2011 11:40 AM

Review by Kman90:

For Constipation, Chronic: I had been constipated for roughly 4 days after quitting drinking this. I foolishly upped my fiber intake by way more than I should have and got myself backed up. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Go-Lytely, which is a terribly ironic name for such a medicine. I already have passed stools and feel a lot better. The taste is awful though, Its like lemonade made with one lemon, no sugar and salty well water.

August 15, 2011 11:51 AM

Review by Not effective:

For Bowel Preparation: It was just barely drinkable and you have to drink a huge amount of it. In my case, there no effect for hours and hours and I felt totally bloated. It finally started working, but I didn't feel as fully emptied out as I would have liked by the time of my procedure in the morning. I had followed instructions to the letter, including the dietary instructions the day before.

April 6, 2011 11:10 PM

For Constipation, Chronic: Worked very well.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2009 7:12 AM

For Bowel Preparation: You do not go-lightly, tastes like slightly salty water.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate