User Reviews for GoLYTELY

Learn more about GoLYTELY.

Constipation, Chronic 2 reviews 29 medications

Bowel Preparation 9 reviews 113 medications

7.5
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of GoLYTELY reviews 11 reviews 8.8

Reviews for GoLYTELY

For Bowel Preparation "Worked as expected. No solid food after dinner two nights before procedure day, clear liquids only, began at 6:00pm, then chased each glass of prep with ginger ale on ice for taste. Important to use straw with prep; helps bypass the taste on tongue. Residual cleansing continued into the night for several hours, but not too inconvenient."

Subaruowner July 16, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This was much easier than expected. First I went on low fiber diet two days before taking it. One day (from mednight ) before procedure I went on clear liquid diet with no solid food. Then took GL at about 6 PM. No reaction until seventh 8 ounce glass of GL. Then it did the job it's designed to do. No pains or cramps. The solution was cold and I got each glass down as fast as comfortably possible. Taste? I didn't notice anything bad about it and did not add any flavoring. It's like drinking a lot of water. Maybe they should have a beer flavor to make it go down even easier."

GeorgeTheFirst (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I had rectal cancer and a rectal resection in 2012. Used MoviePrep and Half Lytely with no problem. Two years have passed and I experience nausea more frequently than before and I am unable to finish even a third of the Pineapple flavored GoLytely. So bad. Salty pineapple whoo whew."

go not July 29, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I dunked it with out ice, awful taste, But when I put ice and lemon in it, it was awesome, just like lemonade. I strongly recommend ice in your glass. By the way those powders that comes with it, they are very sweet and doesn't taste good but ice and lemons is the best. It is a lot of drink, I did it in 2 days after 5."

Gulyt March 13, 2013

For Bowel Preparation "Clean-out went much better than expected. Taste was better than I feared. If you like to drink water, like I do, it was no big deal. I swallowed 80 oz in half an hour."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2012

For Bowel Preparation "Wonderful prep. Had slight abdomen pain towards the end. It did exactly what it was meant for. It really was not bad at all!! The only reason it didn't get a ten was because it was a lot to drink. I chugged some. Sipped it. And it took 4 hours to finish but I like this because you do it at your own pace. And once you are empty. No more loose stools!"

Anonymous December 4, 2012

For Bowel Preparation "I had stomach cramps within minutes of starting my first glass of Golytely and started my first bowel movement before I could even finish my first glass! Aside from the nasty taste and the stomach cramps, I have to say this really works. I think my colon will be completely clear for the colonoscopy tomorrow morning at the rate I'm going and that's saying a lot since I'm disabled and have zero control down there in that area."

Dreamyr0304 December 27, 2011

For Constipation, Chronic "I had been constipated for roughly 4 days after quitting drinking this. I foolishly upped my fiber intake by way more than I should have and got myself backed up. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Go-Lytely, which is a terribly ironic name for such a medicine. I already have passed stools and feel a lot better. The taste is awful though, Its like lemonade made with one lemon, no sugar and salty well water."

Kman90 August 15, 2011

For Bowel Preparation "It was just barely drinkable and you have to drink a huge amount of it. In my case, there no effect for hours and hours and I felt totally bloated. It finally started working, but I didn't feel as fully emptied out as I would have liked by the time of my procedure in the morning. I had followed instructions to the letter, including the dietary instructions the day before."

Not effective April 6, 2011

For Constipation, Chronic "Worked very well."

Anonymous December 25, 2009

For Bowel Preparation "You do not go-lightly, tastes like slightly salty water."

Anonymous September 8, 2009