User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 156 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by GVB (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: Felt relief within 3 hours of taking it! Three days into it, I still feel the urgency to "go", but the pain and all other symptoms are gone. I too have headaches, but they are minimal. Medication insert said you can take vitamins/iron after a minimum of 2 hours of taking Cipro and I can live without milk for 10 days. Hang in there, I freaked out after reading the "warnings", but so far, so good.

November 7, 2012 11:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Caused bad stomach upset.

October 24, 2012 3:50 PM

Review by Dim Sum (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I had a major bladder infection and was prescribed Cipro. I had diarrhea and dizzy spells the entire time I took this medicine. I told my new primary doctor to prescribe Amoxicillin. He told me that Cipro is better. My former doctor prescribed Amoxil and I never had problems with that medicine.

October 15, 2012 2:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: Very discouraged after taking 10 days of Sulfa and 2 weeks of Doxycycline that my family doctor prescribed. Symptoms got better but never went away. Went to a Urologist and he said his first choice is definitely Cipro. Also said that Doxy is a "static" drug and WILL NOT kill the bacteria, it will only stop replication. Cipro kills it. I've also searched the web up and down for answers and almost all say it takes 4-6 weeks of taking a Cipro related drug. Finishing up week 6 of Cipro and all my symptoms are GONE and feel normal again! Going to take another week to be on the safe side. Give this time to work...it's not an overnight fix. Frustrating, but true. Also, no side effects either.

October 10, 2012 9:54 AM

Review by cwhittaker (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Got my urinary tract infection at 10pm and within an hour I knew I was in trouble with the usual stinging and need to go to the bathroom but it happened so fast and before I knew it I was bleeding quite heavily. Immediately went to Emergency and was prescribed Cipro, within an hour I was getting relief. I'm dizzy and have ringing in my ears but very relieved the pain is subsiding, hopefully the bleeding will stop soon.

October 8, 2012 5:07 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Side effects were unbearable for my girlfriend so she stopped after only 1.5 days. She suffered from headaches, vomiting, achy all over, stomach pains, taste buds (bad taste). It seemed to help with the infection but at the end cycle of the dosage she was feeling much better. In 45 minutes after taking a pill it made her feel so sick again.

September 6, 2012 3:55 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have had bladder and kidney infections all my life, and Cipro has been a lifesaver for over 25 years. I have never experienced any side effects, and feel better within hours/days depending on the severity of my symptoms. I take Cranberry supplements on a regular basis, and it seems to aid in preventing urinary tract infections.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2012 11:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I started 500mg at 5pm when I returned home from Urgent Care. I was diagnosed with a UTI/Bladder Infection. I was severely uncomfortable, unable to empty my bladder completely and had spasms in my bladder. By 11pm I could feel the pressure in my abdomen start to decrease. After the 2nd does at 5am in the morning I am feeling better. I can completely empty my bladder now and the spasming has stopped. Levaquin is too harsh for me because my tendons start to ache, unable to sleep, anxious and restless by the 2nd or 3rd day into treatment. I do much better with Cipro because side effects of feeling a bit restless don't kick in until about the 6th or 7th day which is a full treatment. Just don't take with dairy or iron.

August 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: I got diagnosed with kidney infection yesterday and just started taking Cipro. It seems to be working quite well. Still have little pain and am bloated from the water but am doing okay.

July 12, 2012 2:17 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Had a bad allergic reaction to this medication after 2 pills and stopped taking it. Asked for another DIFFERENT medication.

July 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I was prescribed Cipro after having a SEVERE bladder infection. Within 3-4 hours, I started feeling relief, by 12 hours I was almost completely better. Be sure to take all of the medication, or it may come back worse. Overall, Cipro worked like a charm and gave me almost instant relief.

July 3, 2012 11:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Worked great for this.

May 15, 2012 11:07 AM

For Prostatitis: I was on Cipro for 4 weeks for prostate, kidney infections. It cleared up the kidney infection in a week but I still had prostate problems till week 3. I felt fine for 3 weeks but that last week of Cipro was tough to take and my body was getting tired and I was having trouble sleeping.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2012 5:13 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Caused severe allergic reaction when I had never had a reaction to any medication before. Had to be hospitalized. Doctor said he has been seeing more and more allergic reactions to Cipro.

April 14, 2012 5:04 AM

For Bladder Infection: I've had a couple bladder infections. This is the first time I've taken Cipro. It did it's job and got rid of the infection and relieved my symptoms pretty quickly. But the side effects made it so I couldn't wait to be done with the medicine. It made my knees ache, gave me terrible, terrible headaches and made me extremely tired. Also, it was quite agitating not being able to take my vitamins or with milk. I am grateful to have my bladder infection gone, but these side effects were not enjoyable.

April 9, 2012 11:38 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Seem to work well! This is the only one that seem to work. I have recurring urinary tract infections.

March 26, 2012 9:27 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I took Cipro for five days and had to stop. I can say that it took the symptoms of the urinary tract infection away and made me feel better that way. On the other hand, it really aggravated some inflammatory conditions that I have had under control for a long period of time.

March 26, 2012 2:11 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I had a horrible reaction to ciprofloxacin; extreme chills, nausea, sudden diarrhea, and dizziness.

March 9, 2012 6:00 AM

For Bladder Infection: Cipro is the only medicine that cures my resistent bladder infections. One doctor prescribed 10 days of Bactrim, but it didn't work. After 10 days on the Bactrim and being miserable and in considerable pain, I was prescribed Cipro (three pills for three days). After taking the second Cipro pill, my symptoms were completely gone! Cipro is truly a wonder medicine for me.

February 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: By day 6 Cipro was helping with the symptoms but I started having blurred vision. Day 7 vision even more blurred and had a headache and pain behind right eye. Doctor took me off Cipro and put me on Doxycycline.

February 28, 2012 5:51 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Relieved fever and other symptoms I had from a urinary tract infection in 24hours (like) made me feel a little funny and short of breath but anything is better having the chills from a fever.

February 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great.

February 1, 2012 1:13 AM

Review by Scootypoo:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro is great! It can't be beat! If my name was Cipro, that would be neat! Clearing up the kidney infection I've had finally. I did injure my back while on it though, which is a possible side effect and it makes me feel like bad but the kidney infection is finally going away.

January 26, 2012 11:29 AM

Review by scared of drugs:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I WAS SCARED TO TAKE CIPRO. I REALLY FREAK OUT WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION. But I did with the support of friends and it works great for urinary tract infections with the first dose. I do have heartburn and gas but I'm still taking it and I will add a Zantac and Gas X tomorrow.

January 23, 2012 11:50 PM

For Prostatitis: Was on it for one month, helped with symptoms but did not cure.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate