User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

4.6
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 314 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I developed a UTI caused by salmonella poisoning! I was given a 7 day supply of Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole which eased the symptoms but did not cure the infection which resulted in a UTI reoccurrence. My doctor then prescribed me a 5 day supply of ciprofloxacin 500mg which took effect and eased symptoms within 30 minutes after my first pill however did not take full effect until Day 4. Most importantly, it worked for me! Yes, I made the mistake of having read all online reviews including those who allegedly suffered horrific side effects including bad dreams, etc. Personally, I had NO SIDE EFFECTS! A final urine culture confirmed no more UTI. I recommend Ciprofloxacin!"

JuryStillOut83 (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been having recurrent UTIs for about two years. Most recently was prescribed 500 mg Cipro twice a day for 10 days. The first few days it made me very nauseous and dizzy and it didn't matter if I took it with food or not. It's also given me bad heartburn and gas pretty much constantly. I'm on my eighth day and I've noticed some of my UTI symptoms will pop up again randomly but then go away again. Seems to be an effective med for some but I may end up having to try something else."

Ks1993 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I was put on an antibiotic while waiting for my urine culture to come back, and the day after I finished that course of antibiotics I was put on Cipro, as the bacteria was not sensitive to the previous antibiotic. I have only taken 2 Cipro(last night and this morning) but I've had to stop taking them as my wrist is swollen to nearly twice its normal size and I have almost intense pain."

Kattttt December 24, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I had to go to the doctor yesterday with urgency, I was diagnosed with a Urinary track infection, and vaginosis all the same time, and probably herpes as well, I haven't rated this yet because I just started the treatment. I have to take them every 12 hours for 7 days. I really hope it relieves by tomorrow, this is the worst pain ever, I wouldn't desire this to anyone. It is the living hell unfortunately. I can't even walk straight because of how bad it is. I've been crying like never before. The only way I noticed it hurts less to pee for me is when you are in the shower inclined forward. Like I said hopefully tomorrow the itching and burning goes away!"

Ellebana (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "While this stuff works to kill the infection, it is hard to keep down. I throw up every few hours on this drug. I feel queasy right now and I took cipro almost 8 hours ago."

SandyDB5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a urinary tract infection so bad that when I pee it smells but when I started taking ciprofloxacin it worked it's a good medicine for a urinary tract infections."

Fat face (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Salmonella Gastroenteritis: "Was given this medication after having Salmonella, was very sick and recovered in two days! Treats all sorts of illnesses so works an absolute charm."

Kane Owen (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2015

For Crohn's Disease: "I have been on Cipro for Crohn's for about 10 years. It has kept me in remission and I really have not suffered any side effects. I have a fistula and this has kept me from getting any bad abscesses. No real dietary restrictions to speak of (other that dairy within a few hours of taking dosage)."

Mattski December 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Got UTI for the first time I'm 25 years old female no health problems. Allergic to bactrim they perscribed me ciprofloxacin and I didn't go to hospital at early signs of symptoms so it went to my kidneys so they gave me cipro 500 for 7 days every 12 hours and in 4 days I felt instant relief and no pain. Drank lots of water, had no dairy or iron or zinc while taking medication and it cleared up infection in just 5 days. I continued to take the meds for the other two days. This pill has a lot of bad reviews but is a miracle pill in my favor. Had no side effects except for chills other than that I was fine. Cleared up infection in 7 days would definitely recommend for UTI and kidney infection. Happy patient."

Jazzfest7049 December 15, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I had to go to the ER cuz it was so bad. They gave me cipro and I feel way worse then when I went to emergency. I've Been taking it two days now and the pain on my right side feels like it's on fire. I can't stand up for longer than a few minutes and I've been throwing up every couple of hours. Antibiotics are supposed to make you better not worse"

riley 89 December 7, 2015

For Prostatitis: "I had chronic prostatitis for years. Took Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily. First few days it worked like magic, all my symptoms almost completely gone. By the end of the first week, symptoms returned somehow. After 2 weeks of treatment, symptoms were all there back again. Completed 45 days (over 6 weeks) of treatment and then stopped it. Don't know exactly why it didn't work. Side effects included some headache, dizziness, anxiety, and lack of sleep."

midoegy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was seen in the local ER, for uti, was taking macrobid,didn't work .so the ER doc gave me cipro 500mg twice day for five days.only side effect is weird dreams,and thirsty.this med works!!"

female 40 November 23, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "This pill cleared up my UTI that had spread to my kidney. However, I had some bad side effects. First off, this pill destroyed my stomach. I had intense pain in my upper abdomen and couldn't eat without terrible indigestion and discomfort. This started immediately after starting the medication and stopped the day my pills ran out. I also had insane dreams, which kept me from sleeping. Very vivid, strange dreams. I'm glad my infection was gone, but I could not wait to stop this medication."

lucy_sea November 18, 2015

For Sinusitis: "This medicine has been everything that I had hoped for. I had a very bad sinus infection and a Kidney infection as well. And on the second day of taking Cipro 500mg twice a day....has been a Blessing for me.....I know I can't have any Dairy products for a week, but I rather get back to health."

Mzmarley Parks (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have over a dozen UTIs in two years which is an extremely high amount. My body just happens to be prone to UTIs. I have realized that the medication does its job but its important we don't over to the antibiotic because the infection will find a defence against the antibiotic. Make sure to realize this medicine should be taken with a decent meal and plenty of water through out the day. Also, this medicine should not make you vomit, but I have experienced that when I took or take the pain medicine specifically for UTIs caused me to projectile vomit. Please be aware not to judge an antibiotic on just that as there is multiple factors. I recently have been proscribed this medicine again. It has already helped. Just watch the dosage."

Curtian28 November 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given this to treat Epidiymitis, which hurts like a mother. Within two hours of taking the first tablet, the ache in my scotum had gone! Outstanding result. However, as I continued with the course, I began to suffer side effects - the first two doses were fine, but after taking the third tablet, I began to feel nauseated - sick, dizzy, sensitive to light, headache, drowsy and some strange cramping in my fingers. I contacted my GP, who said he wasn't concerned, and added that surely this was preferable to the pain I had been suffering prior to taking the medication? Well yeah, but...y'know.....the side effects are horrid. I rate the drug highly for doing what it's supposed to. It's early days in my treatment, but the pain is gone."

Duncan Disorderly (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Couldn't open my hand; swelling on part of the hand; extreme tiredness; vomiting and diarrhea last day; some ringing in the ears; had back pain after finishing - hard to get up from low seat, wonder if it's related to the medicine? Wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone and feel it should be taken off the market"

Mommy B. November 10, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I am not sure after 10 days (as instructed) that the UTi is completely gone. But I do not want to take any more of this med as I have had sore shoulders and hips as well as mood swings during treatment. I have Lupus and I feel that to continue cipro would be dangerous for me"

ELL F November 9, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had feeling in my lower abdomen and scrotal/testicle area like I'd took a blow but I hadn't. Went to docs after a few days as pain wasn't getting any better. She prescribed trimethoprim for a UTI. Took it for four days and the pain didn't get better. Over the weekend pain and sensitivity around penis, scrotum, testicles, perineal area and my back got significantly worse. Went to docs on the Monday. He said it's epididymitis. Prescribed me Ciprofloxacin to take 2 a day for one week. I saw dramatic improvement with first 1 or 2 tablets. I was able to sit down and was no longer in constant pain and I could enjoy life again. I still have some sensitivity but I imagine the swelling will go give another week. This drug works quickly and very well."

MJ Brown (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Best med ever for bladder infections. I thought I'd never leave the house but after the first dose I felt better in 4 hours. After the 2nd dose I feel almost back to normal. I've taken this med a LOT in my life with no side effects. Take it with food and plenty of water if you can."

Panikki (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I didn't remember that I was allergic to vigamox and thats the same class of drugs as this medicine. For the first 3 days I was fine and it worked to clear my symptoms but this morning I woke up with this weird muscle pain and I couldn't really sit without a weird muscle being stretched. So I switched to another antibiotic. helps with symptoms and clearing infections but seems to make people hurt. they should take this off the market."

Watch out. (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I'll give it a few stars because it made my UTI symptoms BETTER.. However did NOT clear up the infection! I just finished up the bottle after taking twice a day for ten days. Yet 2 days later I am feeling the terrible symptoms all over again, like nothing has changed. Will be going back to the Dr tomorrow for a stronger medication."

Am1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have a bad UTI and was doubled over in severe pain. After the first pill of Cipro (500 mills), the pain has lessened dramatically. I'm shocked it worked so quickly! However, all antibiotics make me nauseous and fatigued, but I'll take that over severe pain."

MissMaren (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Bronchitis: "While I've used this med. in the past, it has been increasingly difficult each time. While it appears to help the bronchitis, I can't stay on it long enough anymore to get the benefit as the muscle pain (low back/legs/feet) is intolerable to the point that I have to take pain medication for my ongoing back pain issues to deal with the myalgia that the Cipro causes! For me, Cipro is no longer an option and I'm having to find another medicine to help with bronchitis. The tendonitis issue is something to watch out for as this last time, several days after stopping the Cipro, I got up from my chair and my feet buckled underneath me. I fell to the floor and twisted my ankle, so am wondering if the tendons were affected. Be careful with this!"

fiona007 October 28, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "it help with the pain but as far as the side effects my heels feel horrible feels like pins and needles worse feeling ever"

loveblu (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015