User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 68 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 139 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 147 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: I was prescribed Cipro after having a SEVERE bladder infection. Within 3-4 hours, I started feeling relief, by 12 hours I was almost completely better. Be sure to take all of the medication, or it may come back worse. Overall, Cipro worked like a charm and gave me almost instant relief.

July 3, 2012 11:03 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Worked great for this.

May 15, 2012 11:07 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Prostatitis: I was on Cipro for 4 weeks for prostate, kidney infections. It cleared up the kidney infection in a week but I still had prostate problems till week 3. I felt fine for 3 weeks but that last week of Cipro was tough to take and my body was getting tired and I was having trouble sleeping.

May 10, 2012 5:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Caused severe allergic reaction when I had never had a reaction to any medication before. Had to be hospitalized. Doctor said he has been seeing more and more allergic reactions to Cipro.

April 14, 2012 5:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: I've had a couple bladder infections. This is the first time I've taken Cipro. It did it's job and got rid of the infection and relieved my symptoms pretty quickly. But the side effects made it so I couldn't wait to be done with the medicine. It made my knees ache, gave me terrible, terrible headaches and made me extremely tired. Also, it was quite agitating not being able to take my vitamins or with milk. I am grateful to have my bladder infection gone, but these side effects were not enjoyable.

April 9, 2012 11:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Seem to work well! This is the only one that seem to work. I have recurring urinary tract infections.

March 26, 2012 9:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I took Cipro for five days and had to stop. I can say that it took the symptoms of the urinary tract infection away and made me feel better that way. On the other hand, it really aggravated some inflammatory conditions that I have had under control for a long period of time.

March 26, 2012 2:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I had a horrible reaction to ciprofloxacin; extreme chills, nausea, sudden diarrhea, and dizziness.

March 9, 2012 6:00 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: Cipro is the only medicine that cures my resistent bladder infections. One doctor prescribed 10 days of Bactrim, but it didn't work. After 10 days on the Bactrim and being miserable and in considerable pain, I was prescribed Cipro (three pills for three days). After taking the second Cipro pill, my symptoms were completely gone! Cipro is truly a wonder medicine for me.

February 29, 2012 4:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: By day 6 Cipro was helping with the symptoms but I started having blurred vision. Day 7 vision even more blurred and had a headache and pain behind right eye. Doctor took me off Cipro and put me on Doxycycline.

February 28, 2012 5:51 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Relieved fever and other symptoms I had from a urinary tract infection in 24hours (like) made me feel a little funny and short of breath but anything is better having the chills from a fever.

February 8, 2012 8:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great.

February 1, 2012 1:13 AM
Review by Scootypoo: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro is great! It can't be beat! If my name was Cipro, that would be neat! Clearing up the kidney infection I've had finally. I did injure my back while on it though, which is a possible side effect and it makes me feel like bad but the kidney infection is finally going away.

January 26, 2012 11:29 AM
Review by scared of drugs: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I WAS SCARED TO TAKE CIPRO. I REALLY FREAK OUT WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION. But I did with the support of friends and it works great for urinary tract infections with the first dose. I do have heartburn and gas but I'm still taking it and I will add a Zantac and Gas X tomorrow.

January 23, 2012 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Prostatitis: Was on it for one month, helped with symptoms but did not cure.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2012 9:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: Cipro is the only thing that gets rid of my bladder infections. It is fantastic and I ask for it whenever I get a bladder infection. I do notice that I need to take it hours apart from my hypothyroid medication, or else it decreases the effectiveness of my thyroid medicines. But Cipro is the only thing that cures my bladder infections.

January 17, 2012 7:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Eliminated fever and sweating but still coughing and maintaining new mucous in sinuses after 4 days. Seems to be better for prostitis and oral ulcers.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 15, 2012 12:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro for five days (2 a day). I took one the first day. That night I had terrible scary hallucinations. I couldn't sleep (obviously when you see faces in your window, black hooded creature in your mirror, etc.). The next day I took one pill in the morning and one at night. I was very shaky that day and pretty much out of it. I had a hard time focusing. That night I had more hallucinations than the night before. Scared me a lot! Third day I only took1/2 a pill. Still had hallucinations and music playing only in my ears, no one else could hear it. It was the worst experience of my life. I called the doctor, explained my situation, and he prescribed something else and it worked. Slept like a baby.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2012 1:45 PM
Review by Cokioco: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: Ciprofloxacin was prescribed by my hospital and urologist for a six week period. Muscle stiffness and bone pains as side effects, relieved by drinking plenty of water. Relief of testicular pain very slow. If condition does not considerably improve will seek to to have site drained.

December 30, 2011 1:47 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: I have a dual urinary tract system and as a result have had many urinary tract infections and kidney/bladder infections over the years with several operations. Ciprofloxacin has always been the medicine prescribed by my urologist and/or doctors. I would not use another medicine as this gives minimal side effects and my issues are rectified. You must drink and continue to drink plenty of water.

December 23, 2011 9:47 AM
Review by msrcmw:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: Warnings on this drug should include avoiding fluorescent lights (as well as sunlight.) Exposure - in doctor's exam room, gave me horribly uncomfortable, itchy, unsightly rash that won't go away two weeks later.

December 23, 2011 9:21 AM
Review by hellotheremate: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Kills diverticulitis quick for me, typically by the 3rd or 4th dose.

December 20, 2011 6:40 PM
Review by Shebalin: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Sinusitis: I was prescribed it this morning for sinus infection to be taken 100mg 2 times a day. After the second pill this evening my sinuses started clearing and I felt energized and amazed at how quickly it helped. I am afraid though it is going to affect my ability to get a good nights sleep and I have a small rash but not itchy. My worst worry is that I just had ankle surgery and currently having some problems with my Achilles tendon that my doctor is aware of. After researching the medication this evening I am almost afraid of taking it anymore. I have enough ankle problems as it is. Love how fast it works though...but side effects could be troublesome.

November 8, 2011 12:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: I have had a lifetime of bladder infections and ciprofloxacin (although a little annoying because of the dairy and iron) it works wonders! By the second dose the pain is 95% gone. My advice take it with a handful of Cheerios and first thing in the morning and about 11 hours later at night when you haven't had too much dairy (like a glass of milk or a steak). I had no side effects and I always get it for at least one week to 10 days. I've taken just about every other one and I've had the infections come back. Ciprofloxacin is always my first choice!

November 6, 2011 5:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Bladder Infection: 2 -250 mg for 3 days. Worked great! Left me very tired, lightly nauseous and a little heartburn (and perhaps developing a little yeast infection) but nothing I can't handle. I got great night of sleep but my days were bad. I did get freaked out by some of the reviews I read but I had to remember that hundreds, if not thousands, of people take this medicine and only the ones with bad reactions will post anything (only a fraction of the people prescribed it). It works differently with everyone so do not let these reviews make your mind up. Take it one pill at a time and see how it affects you. Tip: take the pill with a lot of water and food in your belly. This helped me. Good luck!

October 21, 2011 4:42 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).