User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 65 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 72 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 215 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am on day 4 out of 5 so I cannot say for sure that the ciprofloxacin has eliminated the bacteria causing my infection, but I have no symptoms of a urinary tract infection anymore. Before I started taking it I had painful and frequent urination, fever, and chills, and these began to subside after the second pill, the fever and chills entirely gone the first day. I'm taking a 500mg pill twice a day. Luckily I've experienced no side effects. I had a bad dream last night but I wouldn't call it a nightmare; it wasn't anything outside the usual dream realm of possibility. Grateful for this!"

All the Nicknames are in use... October 31, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed 500 mg of Ciprofloxacin twice a day for five days for my Urinary Tract Infection. After one day (two doses), I honestly felt approximately 85% better. I was initially apprehensive about taking it after reading virtual horror stories regarding some of potential side effects, but I am glad that I tried it. I am allergic (anaphylaxis reaction) to penicillin, so this medication is (dare I say) miraculous for those of us with penicillin allergies."

Treesaw (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "It hits with a stomach pain but after taking it days ago. I feel more better. Make sure you'll take the medicine with a heavy meal. You truly feel it cleanse."

Shenshenn October 29, 2014

For Bladder Infection: "I took Cipro (500mg 2x/day) for a bladder infection and the only side effect I got was some drowsiness. A few days into taking it, I made the mistake of reading medication reviews and I thought for sure it was going to slowly kill me. Well, I don't know if any other side effects are going to creep up on me in the future, but I can assure you that the actual course of medicine worked just the way it was supposed to, with no serious side effects. The conclusion--there are either a ton of people with pyschosomatic tendencies or I am some sort of anomaly."

ajmar (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been getting urinary tract infections since I was a small child and the only antibiotic that has worked for me 100% of the time is Cipro. I have never had any side effects but I am not sensitive to any medicines that I am aware of. I also use AZO Maximum Strength for the pain as an alternative to Pyridium although if I have a prescription, Pyridium is actually cheaper (with insurance) than purchasing AZO."

UghTI October 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken Cipro for the first time for a urinary tract infection. I'm on the third day and have, thankfully, had no side effects, so far. It has been wonderful for clearing up my urinary tract infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

For Pneumonia: "One of the most effective antibiotics that I've ever taken. Cured pneumonia with 103. 1 grade fever after only one day after starting using medicine and without any side effects. I take 500 mg twice daily for 5 days."

lvg152 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been suffering from urinary tract infections for most of my adult life. The first Dr that prescribed Cipro for me was a "Saint"! Nothing else works for me like it. I take 500mg twice a day for a week to 10 days. I insist on this medication. I've never had any issues with any side effects... Only amazing relief! I'm now in my late 60's and I still take this when I have a UTI."

MamawPapaw (taken for 10 years or more) September 7, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Many of the symptoms described in these posts can be a result of the urinary tract infection itself. I had fever, the chills, nausea, vomiting, headache, and tender abdomen. As soon as I went on Cipro, most of those symptoms subsided. I took a couple days to knock back the fever."

guest223242 September 1, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am a male. Have been taken it for only 3 days, so cannot comment on efficacy yet but since starting it have been afflicted with continual attacks of Hiccups (not listed as a side effect) Annoying and very debilitating (To those around me as well!) Seeing Doctor in two days to decide course of action. Will report later."

Driftways (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "On the 7th and last day for taking Cipro I developed a rash with no itching on most of my body . After 2 weeks I still have some rash and also nausea. My doctor said Cipro had nothing to do with either. It did clear up my UTI infection but should I not take Cipro ever again .Thanks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "Was prescribed this medication along with Augmentin and Paracetemol following diagnosis of an advanced kidney infection. Four days later and I feel a little better in terms of the infection but the side effects have been awful. Constant feelings of extreme fatigue and weakness. Low energy levels; feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. Feelings of nausea and stomach ache for up to two hours after taking it! I have taken this medicine exactly as instructed by my local Pharmacist. Guess it just doesn't agree with me."

Lollagra June 29, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro is the only thing that works for me. I suffer from chronic urinary tract infections, despite my efforts of consistent 100% cranberry juice intake and using the bathroom after sex, I normally have 2-3 per year. Cipro usually kicks the awful urinary tract infection symptoms within a couple hours of my first dose, and I have complete relief within the first day. I'm lucky enough to have the meds on-hand due to the recurrent infections - typically only take for 3 days unless I'm seeing blood in my urine, then I take it for 5. Dose 500mg twice in the first day to kick the infection, and then I follow up with 500mg once per day through my 3 or 5 day. I don't usually have many side effects from the Cipro, maybe some fatigue and mild headache for a day but that's all."

EmmyF June 6, 2014

For Sinusitis: "Of all the available antibiotics, this one has the fewest side effects for me, and unless I have a MRSA infection in my sinus, the one that works the best. Allergic reactions can happen with any medicine, so make sure you know those signs. Itchy skin (hyper itchy), welts, short of breath, blue fingernails, etc."

Jackrorabbit (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for : "Weird side effects and didn't help vaginal infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been taking Cipro for three weeks now, had a horrible urinary tract infection that was not caught on time, and it went to my Kidney. To my luck this medication exists and also is my worst nightmare. (I'm used to it now, but the first three days, I couldn't sleep, I had the worst headaches ever, fever, body aches, a little of diarrhea, and lost of appetite) I have two more days to go. At first I thought the headaches were because I stopped drinking coffee, like a LOT!, but stopped my coffee intake when I got super sick. I'm currently on a 1000mg Cipro and wooo.. I can tell you, that as much as the side effects kick you, this medicine sure is working wonders. I drink plenty of water now, I honestly don't ever want to go back to having a urinary tract infection."

The warrior! (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was put on Cipro to treat a urinary tract infection. I was already on a medication that suppressed my immune system and even though the Cipro did wonders for my UTI, the side effects were unbearable. I was directed to take 1 250mg tabs twice daily for 3 days. I was only able to get through the first 2 days. The side effects were from what was a mild headache the first day to a severe headache the second day accompanied with muscle pain, joint aches, shortness of breath and even chest palpitations on the right side. I went in to see my doc and he said to come off them because even though they worked well for my UTI, my body was clearly unable to tolerate the side effects. Overall I say the medicine is very effective but is also strong so beware side effects."

Jleblo May 1, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Took it for a urinary tract infection and immediately broke out in hives, fast heart rate and other unpleasant side effects. Had to take Benadryl and then was prescribed something else that worked."

Jilly Girl April 25, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Ciprofloxacin is a great antibiotic for a urinary tract infection in 2 days it'll be gone! Pain free."

LinaOchoa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future."

carrosa (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "Had a kidney infection 2 years ago. The only side effect I had on these is feeling really sleepy/out of it at times. It also cured my diarrhea from my kidney infection. I had a terrible infection; fever, vomiting, couldn't eat for five days, diarrhea, and this cleared it right up. Don't be scared to try this medicine if it was prescribed to you. All because it happened to another person, doesn't mean it will happen to you."

ellipsis92 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2014

For Bladder Infection: "I have very frequent bladder infections and I take Cipro. It always works except for this time. I took it twice yesterday as prescribed but I woke up every hour last night having to go. I've never had a problem with it not working, but maybe I'm developing an immunity to it because of the amount I get bladder infections."

Still Miserable February 10, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "I have been taking Cipro for three days now. I'm a father of two girls. I have had to call off work for the past 2 days due to the tiredness and fatigue. The only good thing I can say is that my infection is getting better slowly. This is a very strong medicine for many uses. "

nicolie February 8, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I hate cipro. It sucks tne life out of me. I have no energy and it takes many , months to get better."

mball January 20, 2014

For Bacterial Infection: "A medication that took care of my kidney infection and urinary tract infection. Works quickly in a matter of days if taken correctly. Little nauseated at first, but body gets used to it."

Alabama Wife (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2014