User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 145 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 181 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by anonymous11688:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have been prone to urinary tract infections since the age of two. I've taken Bactrim before with no issues on a 7 day regimen. My last couple of UTIs I have taken Cipro (3 days, 2 pills every 12 hours) to treat and it works beautifully. I'm reading all these reviews of people getting terrible side effects and I have had absolutely none (knock on wood). Had a UTI in June of this year which Cipro knocked out and I just got one again a few days ago. I took Cipro for the first time yesterday afternoon and I already feel 100% better with 0 negative side effects thus far (again, knock on wood). I won't have to take AZO anymore which works for pain, burning, frequency, etc. but turns my pee bright orange/red.

August 13, 2013 11:26 AM

Review by Review (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I have chronic urinary tract infections. Every time I know one is coming on, I go to my doctor and this is what is prescribed. This last urinary tract infection I couldn't get treated because I have no insurance and didn't have the money for the office visit. so I tried to wait it out or flush it with water. It eventually turned to a Kidney Infection and I was put on this medication. It does the trick within a day every time.

July 16, 2013 2:01 PM

Review by GoGreen02:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Worked wonderfully. Was on Bactrim for a week with no relief, but after my first pill of Cipro I felt 100 times better and was sleeping through the night. On my fourth day of taking and no side effects and feeling awesome.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by BetterMe (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I had a urinary tract infection, which unfortunately went up to my kidneys so my MD prescribed Cipro. I already felt better after 2 days of taking it however I was getting terrible headaches that do not go away even if I take over the counter meds. That's the least of my worries though, as long as my infection got treated.

July 6, 2013 6:20 PM

Review by BuckeyeFan23:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I took Cipro a year ago for a urinary tract infection and had very little side effects. I just started taking Cipro again two days ago for another UTI and this time it is making me miserable. I no longer have the symptoms of a UTI but my muscles hurt, I feel tired and I have had some diarrhea.

June 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Review by Mel684 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've been on ciprofloxacin for two days now, its a total of three days worth of antibiotic. This is my first time taking it and it seems to have cleared up the main reason I got prescribed the medicine but the side effects are unbearable most of the time. Long bouts of nausea that comes out of nowhere at random times, pain and tightness in my sternum, painful gas and soft stools numerous times a day and just all around feeling of bad to the point where I may not take my last dose because I m afraid I will be up again half the night with discomfort. I've been on other antibiotics before but I've never had this many side effects. I suppose it may help some people without the side effects just depends how your body handles it.

June 13, 2013 10:23 PM

Review by Anonymous54:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: This medicine gave me quick relief from the urinary tract infection, however I am vomiting and have diarrhea. The pharmacist label said to take on an empty stomach but when I called them, they said I can eat just no dairy. Hopefully with something in my stomach the side effects will decrease.

May 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Review by 68 yr. old with a UTI:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Took this med along with phenazopyridine and after 4 days had no problems, so far. As soon as I started to take it, the pain, chills and burning all went away. What a relief! I seem to get urinary tract infections at 3-4 a.m. when you can't go to the office, so I asked for a refill on both. Now all I have to do is keep it handy because knowing me, I'll get it again next year. I'm going to try the cranberry pills for urinary health and see if I can avoid taking meds in the future.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by mybladder:

For Bladder Infection: Cipro works great for me and is what I ask for. I've always been given 500 mg twice a day. Knocks out the pain and burning within 24 hours. For those who say they always get a yeast infection... take a supplement of acidophilus every day to replenish the good bacteria in your system. You won't get the yeast infection if you do this. Take it several days after stopping the Cipro, and you'll be good to go!

April 25, 2013 10:39 PM

Review by big baldy:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: Had allergic reaction after 4 pills. Hives, flushing, headache.

April 20, 2013 12:17 PM

Review by Denniskm (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: Was on Cipro for 3 days and in the hospital for 4 days. Even though the doctors at the hospital couldn't properly diagnose my condition I got better with no side effects.

April 19, 2013 2:16 AM

Review by RobertPat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro has worked well for both my wife and I over the years. Just remember to Not consume any dairy products during the days you are taking Cipro.

April 14, 2013 2:53 PM

Review by Hello1980:

For Bacterial Infection: Many times people only write reviews when a medication doesn't work. Therefore, people doing research on side effects become terrified. I have used Cipro several times, always worked great for me and never gave me any side effects. I only used it when I was sick and never longer than 10 days, but it is an anti-biotic I trust. Medications work different on everyone.

March 15, 2013 12:26 AM

Review by Jewelry Queen (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I was put on a dose of 1000 mg a day. Took care of the urinary tract infection like a charm but the side effects were not pleasant. I had heartburn and nausea after every dose, and antacids can't be taken for 2 hrs. after. I also had headaches and kept smelling burning plastic.

March 6, 2013 1:03 PM

Review by wawah pain:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Cleared up but terrible taste in mouth...but better than alternative.

February 16, 2013 10:01 AM

Review by Anonymousme:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: After only two doses I experienced nausea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and muscle and joint pains. I couldn't finish the Cipro I was prescribed.

February 12, 2013 12:10 PM

Review by Bc2013 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Eased the symptoms of urinary tract infection in 2 days. Side effects are pretty bad though. I was prescribed the 500 mg twice a day, and every time I've taken the pill I feel extremely nauseous for at least an hour or two. I'm only on the second day and I feel so sick after taking it, and have vomited once because of it. I have followed the instructions and taken it with food every time. These side effects just seem unavoidable for me.

February 7, 2013 12:08 AM

Review by Davidpc1soup:

For : I had Ulcerative Colitis in 2006 and had my entire large intestine removed in July 2006. By March 2007 after reconstructive surgery, I now have a J-Pouch, so I no longer have an ostomy. I do however get a condition called Pouchitis. An over growth of bacteria in the pouch. Cipro works wonders for it. I was on Cipro every day for about 2 years after the surgery. Now just occasionally. Was at a friends house looking at his tropical fish and noticed he had a bottle of Fish Flox which is actually Cipro. Same 250mg tablet I take.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2013 9:42 PM

Review by Tyler Dubinski (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: On my fifth day of Cipro and Flomax, age 19 with severe prostatitis. Feeling very dizzy and light headed. Anxiety attacks for 30 seconds but then go away. Hopefully by the second or third week I start to feel better!

February 5, 2013 10:13 PM

Review by Tough lesson:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I took one dose and within about 3 hours the blood started to clear from the urine and pain lessened; however, soon I got a bad headache, nausea, and chills. Within about 12 hours from the first (and only)dose I was in the hospital--vomiting and feeling miserable. Was there for 3 days taking a different antibiotic and fluids by IV. One week later bad diahrrea, and pain in knee joint. Must be allergic to Cipro--will remember that for sure!

January 23, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by neilope:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: It worked wonders on my bladder/kidney infection unfortunately, it returned 3 weeks later though.

January 13, 2013 8:52 PM

Review by Tammyinwv (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: Four days ago I started on Cipro for urinary tract infection. I am allergic to Bactrim. I have taken it before. It is very effective and fast acting, However, this evening I started having side effects. Both legs from about 6" above the knee, down through my feet, ache, tingle, and sting like I have a band around my thigh cutting off circulation. I called the office that prescribed it, due to printout from the pharmacy. He just says if I am concerned, go to the ER. So I am going off it, and waiting to see what happens. I have 6 pills left.

January 9, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Very effective, cleared up in 3 days. Felt dizzy and disoriented and uncomfortable in my stomach around the sternum. Often nauseous.

December 16, 2012 1:59 AM

Review by Spencebls56 (taken for less than 1 month):

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Was effective for my bladder infection but side effects are not good. After 3 days of medication, I developed severe pain in my Achilles tendon, both ankles. It continues to this day, 2 months later. I've also developed severe pain (tendonitis?), in my elbows. Never had this pain before taking Cipro.

November 28, 2012 12:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: Dear Antibiotic, I think by "may cause dizziness" you meant to say "may cause you to feel like you are stuck on a merry go round." Overall though ok, but for about an hour after I take it, I'm all dizzy. Other then that, its fine.

November 25, 2012 1:29 AM