User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

4.7
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 302 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Kidney Infections: "This pill cleared up my UTI that had spread to my kidney. However, I had some bad side effects. First off, this pill destroyed my stomach. I had intense pain in my upper abdomen and couldn't eat without terrible indigestion and discomfort. This started immediately after starting the medication and stopped the day my pills ran out. I also had insane dreams, which kept me from sleeping. Very vivid, strange dreams. I'm glad my infection was gone, but I could not wait to stop this medication."

lucy_sea November 18, 2015

For Sinusitis: "This medicine has been everything that I had hoped for. I had a very bad sinus infection and a Kidney infection as well. And on the second day of taking Cipro 500mg twice a day....has been a Blessing for me.....I know I can't have any Dairy products for a week, but I rather get back to health."

Mzmarley Parks (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have over a dozen UTIs in two years which is an extremely high amount. My body just happens to be prone to UTIs. I have realized that the medication does its job but its important we don't over to the antibiotic because the infection will find a defence against the antibiotic. Make sure to realize this medicine should be taken with a decent meal and plenty of water through out the day. Also, this medicine should not make you vomit, but I have experienced that when I took or take the pain medicine specifically for UTIs caused me to projectile vomit. Please be aware not to judge an antibiotic on just that as there is multiple factors. I recently have been proscribed this medicine again. It has already helped. Just watch the dosage."

Curtian28 November 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given this to treat Epidiymitis, which hurts like a mother. Within two hours of taking the first tablet, the ache in my scotum had gone! Outstanding result. However, as I continued with the course, I began to suffer side effects - the first two doses were fine, but after taking the third tablet, I began to feel nauseated - sick, dizzy, sensitive to light, headache, drowsy and some strange cramping in my fingers. I contacted my GP, who said he wasn't concerned, and added that surely this was preferable to the pain I had been suffering prior to taking the medication? Well yeah, but...y'know.....the side effects are horrid. I rate the drug highly for doing what it's supposed to. It's early days in my treatment, but the pain is gone."

Duncan Disorderly (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Couldn't open my hand; swelling on part of the hand; extreme tiredness; vomiting and diarrhea last day; some ringing in the ears; had back pain after finishing - hard to get up from low seat, wonder if it's related to the medicine? Wouldn't recommend this medicine for anyone and feel it should be taken off the market"

Mommy B. November 10, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I am not sure after 10 days (as instructed) that the UTi is completely gone. But I do not want to take any more of this med as I have had sore shoulders and hips as well as mood swings during treatment. I have Lupus and I feel that to continue cipro would be dangerous for me"

ELL F November 9, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had feeling in my lower abdomen and scrotal/testicle area like I'd took a blow but I hadn't. Went to docs after a few days as pain wasn't getting any better. She prescribed trimethoprim for a UTI. Took it for four days and the pain didn't get better. Over the weekend pain and sensitivity around penis, scrotum, testicles, perineal area and my back got significantly worse. Went to docs on the Monday. He said it's epididymitis. Prescribed me Ciprofloxacin to take 2 a day for one week. I saw dramatic improvement with first 1 or 2 tablets. I was able to sit down and was no longer in constant pain and I could enjoy life again. I still have some sensitivity but I imagine the swelling will go give another week. This drug works quickly and very well."

MJ Brown (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Best med ever for bladder infections. I thought I'd never leave the house but after the first dose I felt better in 4 hours. After the 2nd dose I feel almost back to normal. I've taken this med a LOT in my life with no side effects. Take it with food and plenty of water if you can."

Panikki (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I didn't remember that I was allergic to vigamox and thats the same class of drugs as this medicine. For the first 3 days I was fine and it worked to clear my symptoms but this morning I woke up with this weird muscle pain and I couldn't really sit without a weird muscle being stretched. So I switched to another antibiotic. helps with symptoms and clearing infections but seems to make people hurt. they should take this off the market."

Watch out. (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I'll give it a few stars because it made my UTI symptoms BETTER.. However did NOT clear up the infection! I just finished up the bottle after taking twice a day for ten days. Yet 2 days later I am feeling the terrible symptoms all over again, like nothing has changed. Will be going back to the Dr tomorrow for a stronger medication."

Am1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have a bad UTI and was doubled over in severe pain. After the first pill of Cipro (500 mills), the pain has lessened dramatically. I'm shocked it worked so quickly! However, all antibiotics make me nauseous and fatigued, but I'll take that over severe pain."

MissMaren (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Bronchitis: "While I've used this med. in the past, it has been increasingly difficult each time. While it appears to help the bronchitis, I can't stay on it long enough anymore to get the benefit as the muscle pain (low back/legs/feet) is intolerable to the point that I have to take pain medication for my ongoing back pain issues to deal with the myalgia that the Cipro causes! For me, Cipro is no longer an option and I'm having to find another medicine to help with bronchitis. The tendonitis issue is something to watch out for as this last time, several days after stopping the Cipro, I got up from my chair and my feet buckled underneath me. I fell to the floor and twisted my ankle, so am wondering if the tendons were affected. Be careful with this!"

fiona007 October 28, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "it help with the pain but as far as the side effects my heels feel horrible feels like pins and needles worse feeling ever"

loveblu (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Good experience. Definately some side effects when I started, nauseous and a bit spaced out for cleared up a serious sinus/ear infection fast. I do have to laugh at the bad reviews I read about Cipro. They list horrible things but you know nothing else of the reviewers lifestyle, food choices, other meds etc. So I took it as directed and ignored all the other crap I read and it worked well. Also the folks who said they ate yogurt and felt better is just not true. Cipro kills everything that includes the good bacteria in yogurt so wait until your finished then at probiotics. Number 2, any dairy cancels the Cipro out, hence ....don't eat yogurt.....drink lots of water and only take these poisons when you need too :)"

Lost coast kid October 25, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Diagnosed with a UTI. It was either in its very early stages or my own immune system was doing a fair job combating the infection since I didn't realize I had the UTI until a general Wellness exam revealed it's presence. My Doc prescribed Cipro, 500mg X2 daily for a week. I had never taken this type/class of antibiotics AND I had no known allergies of any kind. About a half-hour after swallowing the first pill I felt hot, dizzy, nauseous and within five minutes of those symptoms, I started violently vomiting....the kind of projectile launching that feels like it originates in your toes. About an hour later, shaking and weak, I contacted my doctor's office for a different Rx. I'll never again take Cipro-Floxa-anything."

4Jax October 22, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "Have been taking Cipro for 5 days now for a severe bladder infection. Had completely taken my pain away that was at a level 10 by day 2. However, the side effects have been horrible. Nausea even with food, light headed, motion sickness, bloating and I seem to be constipated. So far this is a small price to pay for the horrendous infection to be gone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro for a nasty and on going sinus infection. I realized after many months of physical therapy on a bad case of tennis elbow that when I quit Cipro the tennis elbow disappeared. The side effects listed tendon problems. I believe it affected my elbow rather than other tendons."

Golfer2 October 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This was prescribed for my son who has Cerebral Palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. He became swollen in his legs ankles and feet. Took for 48 hours and discontinued as the swelling progressed. Rushed to MD, had to take a different medicine (Macrobid). Thankfully the swelling subsided in a few days. I have read many horror stories about the side effects of this medicine - some permanent! I do not recommend. Please keep in mind that a urine sample should always be cultured, not just tested with a dipstick as the treatment really depends on the type of bacteria that's causing the uti."

Stressed Mother October 13, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Cipro for a UTI. It worked great. I took 750mg twice a day for 10 days and it worked perfectly. After the first dose I start feeling relief from my UTI symptoms ( frequent urge, slight incontinience, shy bladder, etc). I gave Cipro a thumbs up. I am late twenties, male, active, no allergies."

J4x0n30D October 8, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "didn't seem to really help all that much"

strawberry47 September 30, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Use D-Mannose... I was prone to lots of bladdef/Urinary tract infections after taking cipro. I found google post on D-Mannose and it worked great. I used it in powder for and it looks and tastes like powder sugar. Take a teaspoon mixed in water daily and you will NEVER have another infection.. Read up on it and on ciprofloxacin and don't ever take it."

ciprofloxician (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I've been on cipro for 4 days now. 500mg twice a day every 12 hours. I am handling it well, but as a powerlifter and learning what it does to your joints and tendons is terrifying. BE CAREFUL while training if you are active. This medicine can cause rips in your tendons and swelling of joints. It can take months to repair. I've stayed away from the gym while on my cycle of cipro. Be smart with this drug and it will do miracles. As for the fluoride, NO idea why it's in there. It plays no part in the healing process and is only used to cloud your judgement. (P.S. Fluoride was first put in concentrate camps to cause the prisoners confusion, delayed reactions, and a foggy mind.) Do your research people!"

MissChris717 September 28, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Ohhhhh where do I start! Well, I had the bladder infection for 3 days prior to going to the doctors. He prescribed me with cipro and the infection stayed the same. I gained many other side affects to this antibiotic to add to the wonderful pain and discomfort I was already in... nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and sharp stomach pains. Not impressed for I paid a whopping amount of 30 dollars! Not satisfied!!"

SensMomma (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This is poison and can cause long term muscular, joint and nerve damage and degeneration. After one pill I felt leg pain and tightness that felt muscular in nature. I talked to my doctor and she didn't associate it with cipro. After another day of taking it, the pain began migrating, heading into my joints and moving all around my body. I popped my shoulder and had excruciating pain taking my briefcase out of my car. I read on line and found out about cipro toxicity. I called my doctor and said I read about this and given my symptoms I thought I should stop it. They agreed. I have been off the pills for 5 days now and still have the roving pains. Mostly in legs, shooting, burning, aching, tight alternating. Hands,shoulders,knees..."

Rae Mackgee September 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do not let these reviews keep you from taking this drug. I am 21-year-old woman and person who gets very anxious over taking meds and I always make the mistake of reading reviews of them online. That being said, I am a person who is very prone to UTI's and I've taken Cipro twice now and both times it has been wonderful. The only side effect I've gotten is feeling light headed. No joint pain or poison like some of these unfortunate people have had to experience. Take the Cipro- it's better than letting and infection manifest more."

NathalieRae September 18, 2015