User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 65 medications

4.8
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 276 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The medication works well for clearing up a UTI. However, it makes me very very nauseous. I have certain bouts during the day that I feel like I'm going to vomit. Drinking lots of fluids help with the nausea, but it's pretty miserable. I would prefer the nausea over a UTI though."

Sick to my stomach May 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Was given Cipro for a bladder infection. Took it for 5 or 6 days. Every day I felt sicker to the point that I couldn't even eat. Lost 10 pounds in three days. All I could do was sleep. My wife looked it up and found that this antibiotic has fluoride in it. No wonder I felt sick! I have never had a reaction to any other medications so this was new for me. Within 24 hours of stopping Cipro, I felt like myself again so I knew it was the medication. Fluoride, really? Can anyone say "Lab Rat". Never again!"

RFG4578 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "OMG!!! I'm being treated for what they think is an UTI (I'm convinced it is kidney infection) and started on Bactrim Saturday, was doubled over Tuesday so I went back to the Dr. They wrote a script for Cipro. Do not take this drug!! One dose and in 20 minutes my hands and feet started tingling, I broke out in a pure sweat, my wrists and ankles started to hurt like heck and I was having involuntary movements in bed. 13 hours later I'm still tingling. $100 down the drain, but I'm not putting up with these side effects as I have read they can be permanent. I hope only one dose doesn't ruin me forever."

sports May 28, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I have had multiple kidney infection and urinary tract infections and NOTHING works better or quicker than Cipro. I also take cranberry pills along with antibiotic and this seems to help me flush my system as well as lots of water and cranberry juice. I find that I don't get relief for a couple of days (2-3). I do have one side effect and that is my joints hurt, but it disappears after the 3rd day of use (for me). Also, I wouldn't take on an empty stomach because it can and will make you nauseous. Otherwise, I would recommend for both urinary, bladder and kidney infections."

Ambmas May 24, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I had a very bad sinus infection and was treated with Bactrim. That didn't work so my ENT prescribed Cipro. Yes, it's a strong drug but within 2 days I felt better. And let me tell you, I was very sick. I don't have any side effects yet, it's been four days (2x day). I want to recommend to folks who are looking at everyone's comments that most people who have had good experience with this drug don't post anything. So make your own decisions and don't be dissuaded from trying this drug."

Samantha1!!!! May 22, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Treated for a UTI, was given a 7 day dose to take twice a day. After two/three days it cleared but still could feel a slight infection, it ran me down completely and I developed a YEAST INFECTION with itching and redness . I'm sore in my heels and extremely tired. I hate this pill ."

Lilo2788 May 20, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I've been prescribed Cipro several times and have never had a problem with the drastic side effects others have posted here. I usually have 60% relief within 6 hours of taking the first pill. By day two, the burning is pretty much gone. The frequency and bloating slowly resolve during the rest of the treatment days. I use AZO to help with pain at the onset, but usually only need to take 1 dose before the Cipro kicks in."

KateW May 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been feeling the symptoms of a UTI for 2 days now (it burns when I urinate and there's been a hint of blood) and good thing I had stock of this at home (500mg) since I was already prescribed this for a UTI once before. Just took a dose and after an hour fortunately the burning when peeing cleared but feeling slightly nauseous, confused and heavy. But I can say this works wonders for my UTI, worked for me before too!"

michelle0215 May 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I wish they have me something with less side effects, since I haven't had UTI in 5 years and this is the 2nd one I've ever had, I'm not immune to antibiotics because I'm never on them. I have a headache, muscle & joint pain, and I feel very nauseated I'm now on my 2nd dose and my urinary tract feels 85% better though. I'm praying I don't get tendinitis or nerve damage as it says on the warnings. I have to take this for 5 days."

25 year old 2nd UTI ever. (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug has destroyed my Achilles Tendon. Be warned not to take it as this could happen to you too. It is not a 'rare' side effect and tens of thousands more more reliving with this effect. It is time they took this drug off the market. So many people online are affected with permanent injuries from this drug and it's sister medications, Avelox and Levaquin. Cipro and it's sister medication are shown to cause Collage and Tendon destruction and 'mitochondrial toxicity' in research. Avoid. Losing my ability to work. This means huge financial losses for me and my young family."

EmilyCV (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Great medication for curing UTI but the side effects are horrendous and not worth it. After 3 days tendon pain in my heels, pain and tingling in my feet made it almost impossible to walk. Dr. took me off immediately and now, more than 3 months later the pain is finally beginning to subside. Never suffered side effects from any medication when younger but now at 65 have to be extremely careful."

Anonymous 1950 May 3, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had kidney pain . Back back. Pain that went down to my leg and I couldn't sleep. Thought it was from maybe over drinking so drank a lot of water but 7 days later of eating only vegetables and fruits and taking cranberry juice and anti oxidants I went to the doctor . After my first pill the pressure was gone and after the second pill (500mg) the pain was gone. It works!! No side effects other than slight nausea but that's nothing compared to one week of pain and sleepless nights."

Abraham22 May 1, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed 500 mg twice a day for UTI. By night four, had the most amazing aches in my left leg from hip through knee particularly. Halfway through the (sleepless, since it interacts with my usual sleep remedy) night, it switched legs. A relief in that I didn't have to worry that I was suddenly developing an orthopedic condition. Day and night five just as bad. Being careful with exercise so as not to harm a tendon. Something is going on. It's cured the UTI so I will stick it out for the five days. Hope these aches go away after. Taking Neurontin and a bedtime hydrocodone help, but that makes me useless! However, a urine culture said my infection was ONLY sensitive to Cipro, so ..."

CoCoKitty April 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am on 500 mg 2x day for 5 days. The UTI is better, the side effects are horrible. I am nauseous, have zero energy, and I can't put two thoughts together. This started the very next day and have continued. I hate it. I am in a very intense season in my work and I have not been able to do anything. Never again."

MaryV. (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken cipro before for a uti with no problems; & immediate relief. This time after 2 days of 500 MG twice a day right calf muscle cramping horribly along with tingling & numbness on bottom of both feet. Very lethargic, but uti is better. Will cut in half & try 250 MG 3 times a day."

splimaid (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Bronchitis: "This is the ONLY medicine I would use. I get bronchitis alot and this is the only one that makes me better faster."

minitruckerswife (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was diagnosed with a UTI yesterday. Prescribed 250 mg Cipro 2x per day. I just had my third dose 20 minutes ago. The pain has lessened slightly and is becoming more manageable. I hope to be rid of the burning by this evening. So far, I'm happy with it (provided it works). I did have some side effects upon starting it: confusion, forgetfulness and I had some weird dreams. My boyfriend told me I was shaking in my sleep at one point and he was afraid I was seizing. Other than the mental side effects, I feel fine. Try a probiotic 30 minutes after each dose to counteract GI side effects."

AryaShark (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Prostatitis: "Prostatis with a 4 week round of Cipro which resulted in symptoms pretty much resolving. After being off for about a week, symptoms fully returned. Switched to Doxy for 4 weeks that did nothing. Back to Cipro for 4 weeks and at the 4th week, symptoms are again almost gone. Doctor gave another 2 weeks (total of 6) and hopefully the next 2 weeks will eliminate any bacteria left. Cipro seems to work, but need more than 4 weeks. Have had to put up with back pain and mouth/tongue soreness side effects from the prolonged use. Worth it if it does the job and side effects resolve after discontinue use."

Ugh! March 10, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I have to be on it for 2 months due to surgery and chronic bladder infection..women..please eat something and take a probiotic with this medicine. Working great! No complaints and no yeast infection..yay!"

jerzeegirl1 February 26, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I have taken Cipro for several sinus infections. It is probably the most effective treatments you can get. I have stubborn sinus infections so many antibiotics don't work. I take the 500 mg tablet."

akasha14 February 24, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bone infection: "Right below knee amputation, right open fracture femur lead to osteomyelitis, non-union, 30 days of Cipro cleared the infection. Delayed union with plate interlocking done."

vovozz (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro has been a great help dealing with my urinary tract infections. Normally after the first pill I feel tremendous relief. I am fortunate that I do not experience any side effects."

MarzG February 8, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Wow, many of your reviews are very helpful. I am a vibrant, healthy & semi-athletic post-menopausal female. I ignored symptoms which were later diagnosed as CTI; acute abdomen pressure, urge to urinate every few minutes with pulsing and finally, bloody urine. Cipro worked for me within the 1st 24 hrs ...500 mg 2x p/day for 5 days... No side effects, only relief..."

Skipperose February 3, 2015

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro to treat bacterial overgrowth syndrome in my intestines. The first time I took it, it worked wonders! It without a doubt changed my life. Apparently, bacterial overgrowth is recurring so I'm on my second round of it now - 2 pills, twice daily, for 14 days - and am experience much worse side effects than the first time around. The nausea/dizziness/upset stomach passes after about an hour, though, so I don't mind putting up with it to get the desired results, because it really does work phenomenally well for me!"

user123456789 February 2, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I've taken this medicine about 7 times. It works well for the UTI, and prior to taking it this last time I had little side effects. This last time however was horrible. I couldn't sleep (not even a wink!) was shaky, felt like I couldn't walk, sore everywhere, headaches from hell... all of these effects started to happen on the 5th day... the 7th day (last day) was the worst and continued for the next week. I like this medicine because it works for the UTI, but I will not take it again. The side effects are scary."

RecurrentUTIs (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2015