Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 160 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great.

February 1, 2012 1:13 AM

Review by Scootypoo:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro is great! It can't be beat! If my name was Cipro, that would be neat! Clearing up the kidney infection I've had finally. I did injure my back while on it though, which is a possible side effect and it makes me feel like bad but the kidney infection is finally going away.

January 26, 2012 11:29 AM

Review by scared of drugs:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I WAS SCARED TO TAKE CIPRO. I REALLY FREAK OUT WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION. But I did with the support of friends and it works great for urinary tract infections with the first dose. I do have heartburn and gas but I'm still taking it and I will add a Zantac and Gas X tomorrow.

January 23, 2012 11:50 PM

For Prostatitis: Was on it for one month, helped with symptoms but did not cure.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2012 9:01 PM

For Bladder Infection: Cipro is the only thing that gets rid of my bladder infections. It is fantastic and I ask for it whenever I get a bladder infection. I do notice that I need to take it hours apart from my hypothyroid medication, or else it decreases the effectiveness of my thyroid medicines. But Cipro is the only thing that cures my bladder infections.

January 17, 2012 7:06 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Eliminated fever and sweating but still coughing and maintaining new mucous in sinuses after 4 days. Seems to be better for prostitis and oral ulcers.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2012 12:28 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro for five days (2 a day). I took one the first day. That night I had terrible scary hallucinations. I couldn't sleep (obviously when you see faces in your window, black hooded creature in your mirror, etc.). The next day I took one pill in the morning and one at night. I was very shaky that day and pretty much out of it. I had a hard time focusing. That night I had more hallucinations than the night before. Scared me a lot! Third day I only took1/2 a pill. Still had hallucinations and music playing only in my ears, no one else could hear it. It was the worst experience of my life. I called the doctor, explained my situation, and he prescribed something else and it worked. Slept like a baby.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2012 1:45 PM

Review by Cokioco:

For Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: Ciprofloxacin was prescribed by my hospital and urologist for a six week period. Muscle stiffness and bone pains as side effects, relieved by drinking plenty of water. Relief of testicular pain very slow. If condition does not considerably improve will seek to to have site drained.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2011 1:47 AM

For Bladder Infection: I have a dual urinary tract system and as a result have had many urinary tract infections and kidney/bladder infections over the years with several operations. Ciprofloxacin has always been the medicine prescribed by my urologist and/or doctors. I would not use another medicine as this gives minimal side effects and my issues are rectified. You must drink and continue to drink plenty of water.

December 23, 2011 9:47 AM

Review by msrcmw:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: Warnings on this drug should include avoiding fluorescent lights (as well as sunlight.) Exposure - in doctor's exam room, gave me horribly uncomfortable, itchy, unsightly rash that won't go away two weeks later.

December 23, 2011 9:21 AM

Review by hellotheremate:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Kills diverticulitis quick for me, typically by the 3rd or 4th dose.

December 20, 2011 6:40 PM

Review by Shebalin:

For Sinusitis: I was prescribed it this morning for sinus infection to be taken 100mg 2 times a day. After the second pill this evening my sinuses started clearing and I felt energized and amazed at how quickly it helped. I am afraid though it is going to affect my ability to get a good nights sleep and I have a small rash but not itchy. My worst worry is that I just had ankle surgery and currently having some problems with my Achilles tendon that my doctor is aware of. After researching the medication this evening I am almost afraid of taking it anymore. I have enough ankle problems as it is. Love how fast it works though...but side effects could be troublesome.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2011 12:15 AM

For Bladder Infection: I have had a lifetime of bladder infections and ciprofloxacin (although a little annoying because of the dairy and iron) it works wonders! By the second dose the pain is 95% gone. My advice take it with a handful of Cheerios and first thing in the morning and about 11 hours later at night when you haven't had too much dairy (like a glass of milk or a steak). I had no side effects and I always get it for at least one week to 10 days. I've taken just about every other one and I've had the infections come back. Ciprofloxacin is always my first choice!

November 6, 2011 5:14 PM

For Bladder Infection: 2 -250 mg for 3 days. Worked great! Left me very tired, lightly nauseous and a little heartburn (and perhaps developing a little yeast infection) but nothing I can't handle. I got great night of sleep but my days were bad. I did get freaked out by some of the reviews I read but I had to remember that hundreds, if not thousands, of people take this medicine and only the ones with bad reactions will post anything (only a fraction of the people prescribed it). It works differently with everyone so do not let these reviews make your mind up. Take it one pill at a time and see how it affects you. Tip: take the pill with a lot of water and food in your belly. This helped me. Good luck!

October 21, 2011 4:42 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have taken Cipro before for my urinary tract infection. It worked then but not this time around. I now have hives and am very itchy with headaches.

October 2, 2011 2:31 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: After just one day, my symptoms were almost totally gone. It worked well.

October 1, 2011 8:38 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I've taken Cipro before for urinary tract infections but my body reacted badly this time. I had nausea, upset stomach, headaches and caused vomiting. It did help with relieving urinary tract infections symptoms after 2 days. I finished my entire prescription and I still have some side effects.

September 30, 2011 1:34 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Last year, when I had my first diverticulitis attack (a bad one), I was put on Cipro and Flagyl. Condition did clear up although I was left with a nasty case of Thrush. This time only on Cipro - don't find the one medicine alone very effective. I'm nearing the end of my prescription (10 days of 2 per day) and still having some pain and nausea. Will see my doctor next week.

August 12, 2011 12:41 PM

Review by Roy1234:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: It cleared up my swimmers ear but gave me a rash.

July 30, 2011 5:04 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was prescribed Cipro for a treatment of 7 days, two a day every 12 hours. I'm at the 4th day, I woke feeling extremely sick. I've felt physically ill. I don't even think I can take anymore, I've felt terrible while on this. I just got diarrhea today. I've had back and flank pain, nausea, trouble eating, and a general tired feeling since the day I started. Infection is cleared up though, no urinary tract infection symptoms at all while urinating. Side effects are horrible though, I can't even finish them.

July 28, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by acv:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: It made my whole body hurt specially my joints and my ankles

July 26, 2011 5:44 PM

Review by feelinbetter:

For Urinary Tract Infection: You must take this with food and drink plenty of water after. If you don't it will make you feel lousy but I am on day 5 and seeing definite results.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2011 10:21 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro has cleared up my infection quick, but it gave me a yeast infection and a very itchy rectum.

July 17, 2011 4:01 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: Well I am 34 and have had prostatitis a few times. I have tried Doxy, Cipro and E-Mycin. The first time I took Cipro it gave me bad anxiety and the feeling of elevated pulse so my doctor switched me to Doxy which had helped me in the past. The Doxy has the least amount of side effects if you are taking for 3-4 weeks. Cipro is the stronger drug and probably will work better for prostatitis but the side effects if you get them are pretty brutal. The last time I took it in a ditch effort it gave me leg cramps and foot pain, so that was a red flag because of the black box warning. So I guess its back to Doxy. All drugs have side effects but if its was a life or death deal I would take the Cipro.

July 9, 2011 9:43 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: Cipro cleared up my prostatitis with no side effects.

July 1, 2011 5:59 AM