User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

4.6
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 311 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro for a nasty and on going sinus infection. I realized after many months of physical therapy on a bad case of tennis elbow that when I quit Cipro the tennis elbow disappeared. The side effects listed tendon problems. I believe it affected my elbow rather than other tendons."

Golfer2 October 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This was prescribed for my son who has Cerebral Palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. He became swollen in his legs ankles and feet. Took for 48 hours and discontinued as the swelling progressed. Rushed to MD, had to take a different medicine (Macrobid). Thankfully the swelling subsided in a few days. I have read many horror stories about the side effects of this medicine - some permanent! I do not recommend. Please keep in mind that a urine sample should always be cultured, not just tested with a dipstick as the treatment really depends on the type of bacteria that's causing the uti."

Stressed Mother October 13, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Cipro for a UTI. It worked great. I took 750mg twice a day for 10 days and it worked perfectly. After the first dose I start feeling relief from my UTI symptoms ( frequent urge, slight incontinience, shy bladder, etc). I gave Cipro a thumbs up. I am late twenties, male, active, no allergies."

J4x0n30D October 8, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "didn't seem to really help all that much"

strawberry47 September 30, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Use D-Mannose... I was prone to lots of bladdef/Urinary tract infections after taking cipro. I found google post on D-Mannose and it worked great. I used it in powder for and it looks and tastes like powder sugar. Take a teaspoon mixed in water daily and you will NEVER have another infection.. Read up on it and on ciprofloxacin and don't ever take it."

ciprofloxician (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I've been on cipro for 4 days now. 500mg twice a day every 12 hours. I am handling it well, but as a powerlifter and learning what it does to your joints and tendons is terrifying. BE CAREFUL while training if you are active. This medicine can cause rips in your tendons and swelling of joints. It can take months to repair. I've stayed away from the gym while on my cycle of cipro. Be smart with this drug and it will do miracles. As for the fluoride, NO idea why it's in there. It plays no part in the healing process and is only used to cloud your judgement. (P.S. Fluoride was first put in concentrate camps to cause the prisoners confusion, delayed reactions, and a foggy mind.) Do your research people!"

MissChris717 September 28, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "Ohhhhh where do I start! Well, I had the bladder infection for 3 days prior to going to the doctors. He prescribed me with cipro and the infection stayed the same. I gained many other side affects to this antibiotic to add to the wonderful pain and discomfort I was already in... nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and sharp stomach pains. Not impressed for I paid a whopping amount of 30 dollars! Not satisfied!!"

SensMomma (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This is poison and can cause long term muscular, joint and nerve damage and degeneration. After one pill I felt leg pain and tightness that felt muscular in nature. I talked to my doctor and she didn't associate it with cipro. After another day of taking it, the pain began migrating, heading into my joints and moving all around my body. I popped my shoulder and had excruciating pain taking my briefcase out of my car. I read on line and found out about cipro toxicity. I called my doctor and said I read about this and given my symptoms I thought I should stop it. They agreed. I have been off the pills for 5 days now and still have the roving pains. Mostly in legs, shooting, burning, aching, tight alternating. Hands,shoulders,knees..."

Rae Mackgee September 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do not let these reviews keep you from taking this drug. I am 21-year-old woman and person who gets very anxious over taking meds and I always make the mistake of reading reviews of them online. That being said, I am a person who is very prone to UTI's and I've taken Cipro twice now and both times it has been wonderful. The only side effect I've gotten is feeling light headed. No joint pain or poison like some of these unfortunate people have had to experience. Take the Cipro- it's better than letting and infection manifest more."

NathalieRae September 18, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed 500mg, twice a day for UTI during 7 days. Pain/urgency/burning was gone on day 1. Day 2 and 3 went pretty smooth, too.. just a little nauseous%u2026 but I figured that I was taking the pill with an empty stomach. Day 4 I was good, almost convinced I was 100% until day 5%u2026 I%u2019m not nauseous anymore, however, from my flanks to my neck, oh boy, I feel really uncomfortable. Back/Muscle %u201Cpain%u201D. Stiff neck. My back pops all the time, so does my knees. Reading these comments made me feel a little better though, cause it seems like I%u2019m not the only one. I%u2019m on day 6 and I just can%u2019t wait until Friday so I%u2019ll be done! 4 more pills to go and finally FREE! Overall, Cipro works well!"

vonehlke September 17, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Took it over three days, caused headaches but I continue to take it as I need it. If it does not get better, I may get another antibiotic."

Dolly4 September 12, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I took this for a few days so far and it hasn't been helping at all. My back pain is getting worse so I'll have to go to the doctors soon again."

Neea (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have taken Cipro many times, but, only a 250mg at a time. Taken 2 times a day. Maybe these other people that were on 500mg's were on to high a dose. I've never had a bad experience with it, only relief & stopped the UTI. I can't take a sulfa med because I'm allergic to it. So this works. I was on it for 5 days."

pbp (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given the pill 2 times per day at 500 mg. I am in my early 30's and feeling still overall blah on the 4th day of the meds. Feeling numb on my feet and nausea after taking the pill. I am on no other medications. Normally I rarely remember my dreams, but last two nights I have horrible nightmares."

DashAEW September 5, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "If I could rate this drug lower then 1 I would. Last year my mother went to a local hospital to be treated for a routine bladder infection. A clearly untrained nurse gave my mother this drug, and she took 1 pill that afternoon. Within 45 minutes she had collapsed and had gone in to anaphylactic shock. The drug caused a chain reaction in her blood and she suffered total kidney failure. She spent 3 weeks in an intensive care unit, on the brink of death. Her whole body swelled with edema from around 76kgs to over 120kgs in the time she was in hospital, she couldn't move and had to be fed intravenously. Luckily she recovered and left hospital 4 weeks later."

Bobby L (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I would give it a negative 100 if I could. It is being misused for simple infections and has destroyed 100s of 1000s of lives. It destroyed mine. (after only 4 pills). look up Cipro toxicity. Got to the fluoroquinolone wall of pain. Do some homework but do NOT take this drugs unless you are dying and there is no other option."

hedgey (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I took 3 doses and when I got in my truck I heard a rip in my crotch I could no longer drive that vehicle because I couldn't jump up to get in I had to buy a vehicle that I could just sit in a day or 2 later I was just pushing up in bed with my arm and I heard a rip in my elbow I quit doing anything and quit the meds drank alot of water to let it heal in later time had xray chiropractor found gap in dimond s sape bone in hip area of crotch ????? Is that what ripped?? Be carefull taking this I was told this could happen even6 month to a year later after taking it :("

hurt badly August 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I get frequent UTI's and Cipro works every time to clear it. I usually get a yeast infection after taking Cipro so I usually also ask my doctor for a Diflucan prescription just in case. I take nitrofurontoin as needed to prevent getting a UTI but I don't always remember to take it (my stupidity) so that why I develop UTI's. I definitely trust Cipro to get rid of any bad infection. My doctor prescribed me 500mg/2x day."

Yes to Cipro August 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had recurrent UTI's. This is the second time I take Cipro for 10 days. Now I have a yeast infection and I feel as if my UTI isn't completely gone. Could it be because maybe the last couple of days I haven't taken it on time I've been like an hour late."

92Melissa August 1, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "I was perscribed this medication for a bacterial infection in vagina. I had no side effects at all everything went smoothly, just became a bit gassy at the beginning. Was one medication for 7 days twice a day 500mg. I got a follow up coming up lets see how effective it is..."

Marimala (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This is a miracle pill! It works for UTI's. As a little girl up until now and I'm 29 I've always got UTI's, especially in my early 20's every month literally. After meeting with the specialist who prescribed me Cipro, he said take 1 pill when you feel the symptoms and ever since then I feel my UTI's are under control I've got 2-3 per year which is amazing for me considering I been getting these my whole life, I can't be more pleased!! I had no side affects from the pill. Thank you doctor for this prescription!! Happy patient"

Vonnie Acosta July 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Blurred vision, medication did not help sinus issues."

Sinusitis Susie July 28, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "Took Cipro for cystitis that turned into a mild kidney infection after Macrobid didn't do the trick. No serious side effects from medication except for drowsiness a couple hours after a dose... Not so bad when you're achy from a kidney infection. Don't freak out over reviews. It's worth remembering that most people taking antibiotics aren't feeling so hot anyway, so side effects nausea and aches could be due to illness as much as anything else. ALWAYS FINISH YOUR ANTIBIOTICS!"

HelloWorld2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: "Were can I start? I have been suffering back pains, joints pains, name it, only recently I felt I had some kidney infection due to taking some ulcer tablets. Omg. I love this medication. It is my 4th day and here are things that have vanished; back pain. knee pains joint pains, ulcers in my digestion, throat mucus, breathing, then, every half hour I used to sit down due to stomach pains, (maybe ulcer), that's stopped and walked 2 hours! Food digesting so much better, the pains have gone, and mostly, I feel like a clay! I could not move my back, joints, I mean only for one reason was this given to me, and here are so much I can say: Mouth teeth ulcers gone. discharge vaginal gone knee /bones pains gone. stomach digestion problem gone."

Spakrle Female July 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Oh man thank God for this drug!!!!!! I literally JUST realized I have a UTI and I'm out of the country, but I have ciprofloxacin with me. I can tell I only just developed the UTI since symptoms weren't unbearable yet. Within the last 30 minutes since taking the pill I already have some relief. I'm concerned about the possible side effects after reading these reviews, but honestly I feel like anything is better than a UTI."

Gwen82091 July 19, 2015