User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 196 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "Was on Cipro for 3 days and in the hospital for 4 days. Even though the doctors at the hospital couldn't properly diagnose my condition I got better with no side effects."

Denniskm (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Cipro has worked well for both my wife and I over the years. Just remember to Not consume any dairy products during the days you are taking Cipro."

RobertPat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2013

For Bacterial Infection: "Many times people only write reviews when a medication doesn't work. Therefore, people doing research on side effects become terrified. I have used Cipro several times, always worked great for me and never gave me any side effects. I only used it when I was sick and never longer than 10 days, but it is an anti-biotic I trust. Medications work different on everyone."

Hello1980 March 15, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was put on a dose of 1000 mg a day. Took care of the urinary tract infection like a charm but the side effects were not pleasant. I had heartburn and nausea after every dose, and antacids can't be taken for 2 hrs. after. I also had headaches and kept smelling burning plastic. "

Jewelry Queen (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Cleared up but terrible taste in mouth...but better than alternative."

wawah pain February 16, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "After only two doses I experienced nausea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and muscle and joint pains. I couldn't finish the Cipro I was prescribed."

Anonymousme February 12, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Eased the symptoms of urinary tract infection in 2 days. Side effects are pretty bad though. I was prescribed the 500 mg twice a day, and every time I've taken the pill I feel extremely nauseous for at least an hour or two. I'm only on the second day and I feel so sick after taking it, and have vomited once because of it. I have followed the instructions and taken it with food every time. These side effects just seem unavoidable for me."

Bc2013 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

For : "I had Ulcerative Colitis in 2006 and had my entire large intestine removed in July 2006. By March 2007 after reconstructive surgery, I now have a J-Pouch, so I no longer have an ostomy. I do however get a condition called Pouchitis. An over growth of bacteria in the pouch. Cipro works wonders for it. I was on Cipro every day for about 2 years after the surgery. Now just occasionally. Was at a friends house looking at his tropical fish and noticed he had a bottle of Fish Flox which is actually Cipro. Same 250mg tablet I take."

Davidpc1soup February 6, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "On my fifth day of Cipro and Flomax, age 19 with severe prostatitis. Feeling very dizzy and light headed. Anxiety attacks for 30 seconds but then go away. Hopefully by the second or third week I start to feel better!"

Tyler Dubinski (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I took one dose and within about 3 hours the blood started to clear from the urine and pain lessened; however, soon I got a bad headache, nausea, and chills. Within about 12 hours from the first (and only)dose I was in the hospital--vomiting and feeling miserable. Was there for 3 days taking a different antibiotic and fluids by IV. One week later bad diahrrea, and pain in knee joint. Must be allergic to Cipro--will remember that for sure!"

Tough lesson January 23, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "It worked wonders on my bladder/kidney infection unfortunately, it returned 3 weeks later though. "

neilope January 13, 2013

For Bladder Infection: "Four days ago I started on Cipro for urinary tract infection. I am allergic to Bactrim. I have taken it before. It is very effective and fast acting, However, this evening I started having side effects. Both legs from about 6" above the knee, down through my feet, ache, tingle, and sting like I have a band around my thigh cutting off circulation. I called the office that prescribed it, due to printout from the pharmacy. He just says if I am concerned, go to the ER. So I am going off it, and waiting to see what happens. I have 6 pills left."

Tammyinwv (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Very effective, cleared up in 3 days. Felt dizzy and disoriented and uncomfortable in my stomach around the sternum. Often nauseous."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was effective for my bladder infection but side effects are not good. After 3 days of medication, I developed severe pain in my Achilles tendon, both ankles. It continues to this day, 2 months later. I've also developed severe pain (tendonitis?), in my elbows. Never had this pain before taking Cipro."

Spencebls56 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2012

For Kidney Infections: "Dear Antibiotic, I think by "may cause dizziness" you meant to say "may cause you to feel like you are stuck on a merry go round." Overall though ok, but for about an hour after I take it, I'm all dizzy. Other then that, its fine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "Felt relief within 3 hours of taking it! Three days into it, I still feel the urgency to "go", but the pain and all other symptoms are gone. I too have headaches, but they are minimal. Medication insert said you can take vitamins/iron after a minimum of 2 hours of taking Cipro and I can live without milk for 10 days. Hang in there, I freaked out after reading the "warnings", but so far, so good."

GVB (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Caused bad stomach upset."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I had a major bladder infection and was prescribed Cipro. I had diarrhea and dizzy spells the entire time I took this medicine. I told my new primary doctor to prescribe Amoxicillin. He told me that Cipro is better. My former doctor prescribed Amoxil and I never had problems with that medicine."

Dim Sum (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Very discouraged after taking 10 days of Sulfa and 2 weeks of Doxycycline that my family doctor prescribed. Symptoms got better but never went away. Went to a Urologist and he said his first choice is definitely Cipro. Also said that Doxy is a "static" drug and WILL NOT kill the bacteria, it will only stop replication. Cipro kills it. I've also searched the web up and down for answers and almost all say it takes 4-6 weeks of taking a Cipro related drug. Finishing up week 6 of Cipro and all my symptoms are GONE and feel normal again! Going to take another week to be on the safe side. Give this time to work...it's not an overnight fix. Frustrating, but true. Also, no side effects either."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Got my urinary tract infection at 10pm and within an hour I knew I was in trouble with the usual stinging and need to go to the bathroom but it happened so fast and before I knew it I was bleeding quite heavily. Immediately went to Emergency and was prescribed Cipro, within an hour I was getting relief. I'm dizzy and have ringing in my ears but very relieved the pain is subsiding, hopefully the bleeding will stop soon."

cwhittaker (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Side effects were unbearable for my girlfriend so she stopped after only 1.5 days. She suffered from headaches, vomiting, achy all over, stomach pains, taste buds (bad taste). It seemed to help with the infection but at the end cycle of the dosage she was feeling much better. In 45 minutes after taking a pill it made her feel so sick again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had bladder and kidney infections all my life, and Cipro has been a lifesaver for over 25 years. I have never experienced any side effects, and feel better within hours/days depending on the severity of my symptoms. I take Cranberry supplements on a regular basis, and it seems to aid in preventing urinary tract infections."

Anonymous August 28, 2012

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started 500mg at 5pm when I returned home from Urgent Care. I was diagnosed with a UTI/Bladder Infection. I was severely uncomfortable, unable to empty my bladder completely and had spasms in my bladder. By 11pm I could feel the pressure in my abdomen start to decrease. After the 2nd does at 5am in the morning I am feeling better. I can completely empty my bladder now and the spasming has stopped. Levaquin is too harsh for me because my tendons start to ache, unable to sleep, anxious and restless by the 2nd or 3rd day into treatment. I do much better with Cipro because side effects of feeling a bit restless don't kick in until about the 6th or 7th day which is a full treatment. Just don't take with dairy or iron."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2012

For Kidney Infections: "I got diagnosed with kidney infection yesterday and just started taking Cipro. It seems to be working quite well. Still have little pain and am bloated from the water but am doing okay."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Had a bad allergic reaction to this medication after 2 pills and stopped taking it. Asked for another DIFFERENT medication."

Anonymous July 11, 2012