User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 68 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 139 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 147 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: Was put on Amoxicillin for my UTI, didn't work, went back to doctors and they prescribed me Cipro. After taking first pill, felt much better. Only side effect seemed to be irritation and itching of vagina.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 2, 2010 3:11 PM
Review by ceccec: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I had a wicked kidney infection it took a while but Cipro worked.

September 2, 2010 12:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took 3 week course of Cipro for prostatitis. At first, I felt much better but as the treatment continued the symptoms seemed to return.

August 20, 2010 10:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took this medicine for 2 months straight. The condition fluctuated, but for the most part improved. After 2 months I stopped taking it and symptoms returned.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 12, 2010 2:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): After 5 days on Cipro for a urinary tract infection (allergic to sulfa, Keflex, Macrodantin ) I finished the 5 days prescribed then began to feel awful, severe joint pain in wrists, back and neck. I had painful deep breaths and general overall aching. I had some diarrhea and abdominal pain. Bladder infection is better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2010 9:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Sinusitis: This medication made me nauseous everytime I took it, but I continued to take it . On the 7th day I became very ill. Chills, vomiting, hurting and I stayed in bed for 2 days except for going to the Instant Care. They said I had an allergic reaction. The doctor also gave me a 1-pill medication to prevent an yeast infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 30, 2010 9:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cleared up the infection but caused dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and headaches.

July 17, 2010 4:43 AM
Review by Muzie: User Rating:

ciprofloxacin for Urinary Tract Infection: After just 1 dose of this ciprofloxacn, I felt 99% better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 9, 2010 2:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Used this for bladder infection, works great no side effects, cleared up in 7 days.

May 14, 2010 7:43 PM
Review by Miquel401: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took Cipro for a month and felt improvement, but 10 days after completing my script, the symptoms have returned. I am also on Bactrim and am hopeful to get this resolved.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 4, 2010 2:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro was working for me and just stopped.I started getting sick again halfway through the treatment.

May 3, 2010 9:47 AM
Review by Empress13: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I used Cipro for a urinary tract infection (I do not usually get urinary tract infections). The first night I took it, I felt better by the next morning. It took a few hours before I felt better (where I didn't have to go to the bathroom every 3 minutes), but it let me sleep and by the next day that burning sensation had gone away. The only side effect, was I felt nauseated and sluggish the first day. After that, it was great to get back to normal.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 30, 2010 1:55 PM
Review by rak: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Immediate relief for UTI. About 10 years experience with Cipro.

April 24, 2010 1:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: I have been having recurring urinary tract infection and was put on Cipro....not working also bladder feels like it's not emptying.

April 18, 2010 11:24 PM
Review by mature: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Have used once or twice a year for last 10 years and start to have relief within 24 hours with symptoms usually gone by day three. I take two a day after first tinge of pain (you know what I am talking about) and continue for one week minimum or two days more than symptoms persist. Makes me a little fatigued and I start to get diarrhea after about 4 days but it is worth it.

March 16, 2010 3:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I have become very sensitive to ingredients in certain drinks and products. I can no longer take bubble baths or use body washes (anything with scents). I also can't drink any of the energy drinks. From the first time I feel the symptoms (frequency, pain, "full" feeling), it's usually gone straight to my kidneys and I'm urinating with blood in the urine. Over the counter mediines don't work with me. The doctor gives me Cipro and Pyridine (for pain/turns urine orange) and it knocks it out fast and completely. Depending on the dose (I get higher for kidneys than just straight bladder), it can wipe out all bacteria (good/bad) and cause a yeast infection. I've been lucky and only have had one.

February 28, 2010 6:44 AM
Review by TennisPLAYER: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: After one pill I felt depressed and could not sleep that night. I decided to stop taking the medication and will have it replaced with good old Amoxicilin.

February 27, 2010 9:03 AM
Review by lorina: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: I had sinusitis since I was in high school. My doctor prescribed me this, it took 2 weeks before it works. This medicine was great!

January 27, 2010 10:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Dangerous drug, associated with many side effects, even after you stop taking it. I took a similar one (a quinolone) and came out in a terrible rash. Had bad taste in mouth, and aches and pains. I also suffered hallucinations. All these reactions have been strongly associated with this group of antibiotics. Best avoided.

January 26, 2010 2:44 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: It gives me heartburn and dizziness. Makes me feel off-center.

January 12, 2010 1:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: It works every time, however takes about 3-4 hours to provide relief. The only reason why I don't give it a 10 is because it gives me yeast infections every time.

January 4, 2010 12:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I was recently prescribed this medication and it did not work at all for me.

December 19, 2009 8:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro worked the first time I got a urinary tract infection but has become less effective with each successive one. This time my doctor gave me an injection of Rocephin followed by a 15 day (twice a day) treatment of Doxycycline.

December 18, 2009 5:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Had horrible itching and hives from Cipro. Did work well on my infection though!

December 15, 2009 4:18 PM
Review by Anonymouos: User Rating:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: Nausea after 3rd day. Some disorientation-dizziness on 6th day Nervousness-shakiness after 4 days. DOES KILL the bacteria well, though.

December 14, 2009 11:42 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Severe allergies and anaphylaxis: Learn how epinephrine can save a life. Watch Video