User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

4.6
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 313 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Bacterial Infection: "Were can I start? I have been suffering back pains, joints pains, name it, only recently I felt I had some kidney infection due to taking some ulcer tablets. Omg. I love this medication. It is my 4th day and here are things that have vanished; back pain. knee pains joint pains, ulcers in my digestion, throat mucus, breathing, then, every half hour I used to sit down due to stomach pains, (maybe ulcer), that's stopped and walked 2 hours! Food digesting so much better, the pains have gone, and mostly, I feel like a clay! I could not move my back, joints, I mean only for one reason was this given to me, and here are so much I can say: Mouth teeth ulcers gone. discharge vaginal gone knee /bones pains gone. stomach digestion problem gone."

Spakrle Female July 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Oh man thank God for this drug!!!!!! I literally JUST realized I have a UTI and I'm out of the country, but I have ciprofloxacin with me. I can tell I only just developed the UTI since symptoms weren't unbearable yet. Within the last 30 minutes since taking the pill I already have some relief. I'm concerned about the possible side effects after reading these reviews, but honestly I feel like anything is better than a UTI."

Gwen82091 July 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Urologist prescribed Cipro 250 mg for 30 days for elevated PSA. Stopped taking it after two weeks due to side effects and after researching PSA testing. The side effects were scary and horrible. Back, neck and shoulder discomfort, tiredness, unable to concentrate. Still have some lingering neck and back discomfort even after 3 days of not taking cipro. Stay away from Cipro and especially urologists who prescribe Cipro and similar medication for elevated PSA and insisting on additional PSA tests. Research PSA testing. PSA testing cannot tell whether a man would have prostate cancer or what type of prostate cancer. PSA testing is an insidious way for profit hungry urologists to recommend prostate biopsy, which will ruin life."

elevated PSA July 11, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Induced Fluoroquinolone Toxicity after ONE 500MG pill! I am not in the "risk" category that is listed in the warnings - was a healthy, active 32 year old woman who was given Cipro for a UTI. Experienced horrible side effects - tongue went numb, nerve pain, couldn't walk for a few days. Horrible tendon pain. This continues 7 months after using the drug. This cost me heaps for medical maintenance after taking one pill: Includes doctor visit, supplements, medical massages. I would NOT recommend this drug. I took it a couple of times before without experiencing horrible initial side effects. That's what makes it so dangerous!"

C K (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Prostatitis: "It works the first 3 weeks ,when stop medication symtoms comeback."

eu June 28, 2015

For Diverticulitis: "Was prescribed cipro 2x/day with Flagyl 3x/day and they seemed to work although not as quickly as other reviewers. Not sure if it was the cipro alone or the combination but nausea was the main symptom. I would be fine for a few hours after the Flagyl but within an hour of taking the cipro I would have to lay down due to nausea and exhaustion. Still taking it and counting the days. Hopefully will not have an occasion to use this again."

Gardengirl67 June 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am UTI prone and have gotten numerous over the last 15 years or so. Ciprofloxacin is a life saver. I can go from no UTI symptoms to completely incapacitated in a few hours so I try to keep a few pills on hand. Usually within 8 hours after the first dose the pain and urgency subside and by the 3rd dose (2x day dosing) I feel normal again. As with any drugs there are risks involved, but I have not had any side effects over the past 7 years or so of using this."

K17 June 17, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Started taking for bladder infection, got to day 2 of taking the medication when it started giving me random sharp stomach pains (wasn't having any dairy products either) and caused me to have panic attacks where I felt extremely dizzy. I had to ask for another medication."

Anon7384 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Sinusitis: "Terrible problem with sinus issues and drainage for many, many years. This year, almost one infection per month on average. Resistant to most antibiotics according to ENT. My internist prescribed Cipro on a flareup (drainage, headache, green discharge). Tried this and on 2nd day, remarkable improvement. Also, achiness in joints, trouble sleeping next night, anxiousness. Cut back to one pill in morning, instead of prescribed two. Side affects are about 80% less and I do believe it is still very effective. Shortly after taking pill, it seems to make me want to cough phlegm like Mucinex D (phlegm almost non-existent after 3 days) and it gave me a unbelievable dry cough. Seems very effective medicine, but has very strong side effects."

karl10 June 7, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I took Cipro for a sinus infection along with bronchitis. It worked very well but I didn't like the fact that I had to avoid dairy and take my multivitamin at a small window of opportunity during the day. Cipro made me very tired and weak, also a little fuzzy. Plus side was I slept great at night and it cured my infections."

Xuytdjb (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I found out I had a UTI a week after I had my annual physical examination. I did not get my prescription until a week later so I would assume I had the UTI for two weeks to a month. Doc prescribed me to take two 500mg daily. The side affects suck. Night one I did not sleep. I took a 3 hour nap and was up for 16 hours. Day two's morning dose had me nauseous. I just took my night dose so hopefully the side effects won't be bad. My UTI symptoms went away within my first dosage (slight pressure, cloudy urine, sensitivity)"

Kc. (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The medication works well for clearing up a UTI. However, it makes me very very nauseous. I have certain bouts during the day that I feel like I'm going to vomit. Drinking lots of fluids help with the nausea, but it's pretty miserable. I would prefer the nausea over a UTI though."

Sick to my stomach May 29, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Was given Cipro for a bladder infection. Took it for 5 or 6 days. Every day I felt sicker to the point that I couldn't even eat. Lost 10 pounds in three days. All I could do was sleep. My wife looked it up and found that this antibiotic has fluoride in it. No wonder I felt sick! I have never had a reaction to any other medications so this was new for me. Within 24 hours of stopping Cipro, I felt like myself again so I knew it was the medication. Fluoride, really? Can anyone say "Lab Rat". Never again!"

RFG4578 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "OMG!!! I'm being treated for what they think is an UTI (I'm convinced it is kidney infection) and started on Bactrim Saturday, was doubled over Tuesday so I went back to the Dr. They wrote a script for Cipro. Do not take this drug!! One dose and in 20 minutes my hands and feet started tingling, I broke out in a pure sweat, my wrists and ankles started to hurt like heck and I was having involuntary movements in bed. 13 hours later I'm still tingling. $100 down the drain, but I'm not putting up with these side effects as I have read they can be permanent. I hope only one dose doesn't ruin me forever."

sports May 28, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I have had multiple kidney infection and urinary tract infections and NOTHING works better or quicker than Cipro. I also take cranberry pills along with antibiotic and this seems to help me flush my system as well as lots of water and cranberry juice. I find that I don't get relief for a couple of days (2-3). I do have one side effect and that is my joints hurt, but it disappears after the 3rd day of use (for me). Also, I wouldn't take on an empty stomach because it can and will make you nauseous. Otherwise, I would recommend for both urinary, bladder and kidney infections."

Ambmas May 24, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I had a very bad sinus infection and was treated with Bactrim. That didn't work so my ENT prescribed Cipro. Yes, it's a strong drug but within 2 days I felt better. And let me tell you, I was very sick. I don't have any side effects yet, it's been four days (2x day). I want to recommend to folks who are looking at everyone's comments that most people who have had good experience with this drug don't post anything. So make your own decisions and don't be dissuaded from trying this drug."

Samantha1!!!! May 22, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Treated for a UTI, was given a 7 day dose to take twice a day. After two/three days it cleared but still could feel a slight infection, it ran me down completely and I developed a YEAST INFECTION with itching and redness . I'm sore in my heels and extremely tired. I hate this pill ."

Lilo2788 May 20, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I've been prescribed Cipro several times and have never had a problem with the drastic side effects others have posted here. I usually have 60% relief within 6 hours of taking the first pill. By day two, the burning is pretty much gone. The frequency and bloating slowly resolve during the rest of the treatment days. I use AZO to help with pain at the onset, but usually only need to take 1 dose before the Cipro kicks in."

KateW May 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been feeling the symptoms of a UTI for 2 days now (it burns when I urinate and there's been a hint of blood) and good thing I had stock of this at home (500mg) since I was already prescribed this for a UTI once before. Just took a dose and after an hour fortunately the burning when peeing cleared but feeling slightly nauseous, confused and heavy. But I can say this works wonders for my UTI, worked for me before too!"

michelle0215 May 14, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I wish they have me something with less side effects, since I haven't had UTI in 5 years and this is the 2nd one I've ever had, I'm not immune to antibiotics because I'm never on them. I have a headache, muscle & joint pain, and I feel very nauseated I'm now on my 2nd dose and my urinary tract feels 85% better though. I'm praying I don't get tendinitis or nerve damage as it says on the warnings. I have to take this for 5 days."

25 year old 2nd UTI ever. (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug has destroyed my Achilles Tendon. Be warned not to take it as this could happen to you too. It is not a 'rare' side effect and tens of thousands more more reliving with this effect. It is time they took this drug off the market. So many people online are affected with permanent injuries from this drug and it's sister medications, Avelox and Levaquin. Cipro and it's sister medication are shown to cause Collage and Tendon destruction and 'mitochondrial toxicity' in research. Avoid. Losing my ability to work. This means huge financial losses for me and my young family."

EmilyCV (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Great medication for curing UTI but the side effects are horrendous and not worth it. After 3 days tendon pain in my heels, pain and tingling in my feet made it almost impossible to walk. Dr. took me off immediately and now, more than 3 months later the pain is finally beginning to subside. Never suffered side effects from any medication when younger but now at 65 have to be extremely careful."

Anonymous 1950 May 3, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had kidney pain . Back back. Pain that went down to my leg and I couldn't sleep. Thought it was from maybe over drinking so drank a lot of water but 7 days later of eating only vegetables and fruits and taking cranberry juice and anti oxidants I went to the doctor . After my first pill the pressure was gone and after the second pill (500mg) the pain was gone. It works!! No side effects other than slight nausea but that's nothing compared to one week of pain and sleepless nights."

Abraham22 May 1, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed 500 mg twice a day for UTI. By night four, had the most amazing aches in my left leg from hip through knee particularly. Halfway through the (sleepless, since it interacts with my usual sleep remedy) night, it switched legs. A relief in that I didn't have to worry that I was suddenly developing an orthopedic condition. Day and night five just as bad. Being careful with exercise so as not to harm a tendon. Something is going on. It's cured the UTI so I will stick it out for the five days. Hope these aches go away after. Taking Neurontin and a bedtime hydrocodone help, but that makes me useless! However, a urine culture said my infection was ONLY sensitive to Cipro, so ..."

CoCoKitty April 21, 2015