User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 197 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Had a bad allergic reaction to this medication after 2 pills and stopped taking it. Asked for another DIFFERENT medication."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro after having a SEVERE bladder infection. Within 3-4 hours, I started feeling relief, by 12 hours I was almost completely better. Be sure to take all of the medication, or it may come back worse. Overall, Cipro worked like a charm and gave me almost instant relief. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Worked great for this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2012

For Prostatitis: "I was on Cipro for 4 weeks for prostate, kidney infections. It cleared up the kidney infection in a week but I still had prostate problems till week 3. I felt fine for 3 weeks but that last week of Cipro was tough to take and my body was getting tired and I was having trouble sleeping."

Anonymous May 10, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Caused severe allergic reaction when I had never had a reaction to any medication before. Had to be hospitalized. Doctor said he has been seeing more and more allergic reactions to Cipro."

Anonymous April 14, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "I've had a couple bladder infections. This is the first time I've taken Cipro. It did it's job and got rid of the infection and relieved my symptoms pretty quickly. But the side effects made it so I couldn't wait to be done with the medicine. It made my knees ache, gave me terrible, terrible headaches and made me extremely tired. Also, it was quite agitating not being able to take my vitamins or with milk. I am grateful to have my bladder infection gone, but these side effects were not enjoyable."

Anonymous April 9, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Seem to work well! This is the only one that seem to work. I have recurring urinary tract infections."

Anonymous March 26, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Cipro for five days and had to stop. I can say that it took the symptoms of the urinary tract infection away and made me feel better that way. On the other hand, it really aggravated some inflammatory conditions that I have had under control for a long period of time."

Anonymous March 26, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a horrible reaction to ciprofloxacin; extreme chills, nausea, sudden diarrhea, and dizziness."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "Cipro is the only medicine that cures my resistent bladder infections. One doctor prescribed 10 days of Bactrim, but it didn't work. After 10 days on the Bactrim and being miserable and in considerable pain, I was prescribed Cipro (three pills for three days). After taking the second Cipro pill, my symptoms were completely gone! Cipro is truly a wonder medicine for me."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "By day 6 Cipro was helping with the symptoms but I started having blurred vision. Day 7 vision even more blurred and had a headache and pain behind right eye. Doctor took me off Cipro and put me on Doxycycline."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Relieved fever and other symptoms I had from a urinary tract infection in 24hours (like) made me feel a little funny and short of breath but anything is better having the chills from a fever."

Anonymous February 8, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Cipro is great! It can't be beat! If my name was Cipro, that would be neat! Clearing up the kidney infection I've had finally. I did injure my back while on it though, which is a possible side effect and it makes me feel like bad but the kidney infection is finally going away."

Scootypoo January 26, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I WAS SCARED TO TAKE CIPRO. I REALLY FREAK OUT WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION. But I did with the support of friends and it works great for urinary tract infections with the first dose. I do have heartburn and gas but I'm still taking it and I will add a Zantac and Gas X tomorrow. "

scared of drugs January 23, 2012

For Prostatitis: "Was on it for one month, helped with symptoms but did not cure."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For Bladder Infection: "Cipro is the only thing that gets rid of my bladder infections. It is fantastic and I ask for it whenever I get a bladder infection. I do notice that I need to take it hours apart from my hypothyroid medication, or else it decreases the effectiveness of my thyroid medicines. But Cipro is the only thing that cures my bladder infections."

Anonymous January 17, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: "Eliminated fever and sweating but still coughing and maintaining new mucous in sinuses after 4 days. Seems to be better for prostitis and oral ulcers."

Anonymous January 15, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro for five days (2 a day). I took one the first day. That night I had terrible scary hallucinations. I couldn't sleep (obviously when you see faces in your window, black hooded creature in your mirror, etc.). The next day I took one pill in the morning and one at night. I was very shaky that day and pretty much out of it. I had a hard time focusing. That night I had more hallucinations than the night before. Scared me a lot! Third day I only took1/2 a pill. Still had hallucinations and music playing only in my ears, no one else could hear it. It was the worst experience of my life. I called the doctor, explained my situation, and he prescribed something else and it worked. Slept like a baby."

Anonymous January 14, 2012

For Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: "Ciprofloxacin was prescribed by my hospital and urologist for a six week period. Muscle stiffness and bone pains as side effects, relieved by drinking plenty of water. Relief of testicular pain very slow. If condition does not considerably improve will seek to to have site drained."

Cokioco December 30, 2011

For Bladder Infection: "I have a dual urinary tract system and as a result have had many urinary tract infections and kidney/bladder infections over the years with several operations. Ciprofloxacin has always been the medicine prescribed by my urologist and/or doctors. I would not use another medicine as this gives minimal side effects and my issues are rectified. You must drink and continue to drink plenty of water."

Anonymous December 23, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "Warnings on this drug should include avoiding fluorescent lights (as well as sunlight.) Exposure - in doctor's exam room, gave me horribly uncomfortable, itchy, unsightly rash that won't go away two weeks later."

msrcmw December 23, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Kills diverticulitis quick for me, typically by the 3rd or 4th dose."

hellotheremate December 20, 2011

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed it this morning for sinus infection to be taken 100mg 2 times a day. After the second pill this evening my sinuses started clearing and I felt energized and amazed at how quickly it helped. I am afraid though it is going to affect my ability to get a good nights sleep and I have a small rash but not itchy. My worst worry is that I just had ankle surgery and currently having some problems with my Achilles tendon that my doctor is aware of. After researching the medication this evening I am almost afraid of taking it anymore. I have enough ankle problems as it is. Love how fast it works though...but side effects could be troublesome."

Shebalin November 8, 2011

For Bladder Infection: "I have had a lifetime of bladder infections and ciprofloxacin (although a little annoying because of the dairy and iron) it works wonders! By the second dose the pain is 95% gone. My advice take it with a handful of Cheerios and first thing in the morning and about 11 hours later at night when you haven't had too much dairy (like a glass of milk or a steak). I had no side effects and I always get it for at least one week to 10 days. I've taken just about every other one and I've had the infections come back. Ciprofloxacin is always my first choice!"

Anonymous November 6, 2011