User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 65 medications

4.8
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 276 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed Cipro for a urinary tract infection 500 mg 1 every 12 hrs, noticed a great difference after 2 pills. Made me feel a little sick still after 3 days so I started breaking the tablet in half to help with the blah feeling. Works great for urinary tract infection."

ynnep1966 January 27, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The first day I noticed an improvement. I am 2 days/ 3 pills now and all I have a little tinge when I pee. The urge to pee went away the first dose at the ER after 1 hour. I feel so much better already and no side effects I can tell. I would take this medicine again if I needed it."

g1rlly g1rl (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Amazing. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin 500mg. I took just one pill and had major relief."

Anonymous January 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed Cipro by my doctor for 5 days twice a day. (Every 12 hours) I had no side effects of the medication, however the medicine didn't clear any of my symptoms, but they made my symptoms worse."

Kat.V (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "These are magic pills. I've had my share of urinary tract infections over the years. Ciprofloxacin works for me. After taking the first pill, I feel 80% better (usually in 3-4) hours. The second pill has me at 85% better. I finish the entire dose and drink it with lots of juice. I hate water, so unfortunately telling me to drink more water is useless. Here's some random information I've picked up over the years (based on my experience); You can drink alcohol, although I wait til on my last day of pills. You can have sex once you start feeling better. Make sure you use the bathroom before AND after sex. No exceptions! You can sleep soundly after you've cleansed your bladder. Don't wear thongs/g-strings so much. Drink cranberry juice."

NYdoe (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I usually get 2-3 urinary tract infections per year. This is my first time using Cipro. I started on it 3 days ago and have had no side effects. The UTI is about 99% gone and I had major relief in the first 24 hours. No problems with discomfort when urinating, just a slight tinge after I go but barely noticeable and my urine is clear without any odor. I was hesitant to use it due to the side effects but am pleased that I have not experienced them."

TreeCat January 16, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am reading the comments and I am really surprised at how long and at how high a dosage some people with urinary tract infections are reporting. I went to the doctor this morning because I have a UTI, but I was given 6 Cipro pills, each 250 mg to be taken twice a day. From what I understand, most doctors will try this 3 day fix and not put you on an extended dose. I am reading comments that some people are on for 10 days. I am all for stamping out an infection, but I want to do it with as little medication as possible. So far so good. Who knows, I might need a new prescription but for now I am hoping that this modest approach of a 3 day treatment will do the trick."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Symptoms I had before being put on Cipro were the usual - blood in urine, pressure on bladder, need to pee every 10 seconds even after going, stinging. After being on 500 mg twice almost all the symptoms were gone but the side effects were horrible. I had nausea, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness and some chest pain. The size of the pills are relatively huge too. Not supposed to split them but I did anyway cos it got stuck in my throat and made me throw up my dinner once. I put the split pill into a 00 veggie capsule which makes it easy to swallow and I can't taste the bitterness."

lanai00 November 25, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medicine is amazing. I have taken this for three different urinary tract infections and it has cured them in only one day, seriously. I give it a rating of 11."

Anonymous November 24, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was initially given amoxicillin for my UTI but after 3 days, I still had a fever, cloudy urine and overall blahs. Went back to Dr. and was given Cipro. Wow...less than 24 hours later, fever is gone and urine is clear. I do have a headache but I don't know if that is from Cipro or from sleeping so much. The list of side effects are a bit scary but so far, no problems."

sanboa (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful."

DlReed November 18, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am on day 4 out of 5 so I cannot say for sure that the ciprofloxacin has eliminated the bacteria causing my infection, but I have no symptoms of a urinary tract infection anymore. Before I started taking it I had painful and frequent urination, fever, and chills, and these began to subside after the second pill, the fever and chills entirely gone the first day. I'm taking a 500mg pill twice a day. Luckily I've experienced no side effects. I had a bad dream last night but I wouldn't call it a nightmare; it wasn't anything outside the usual dream realm of possibility. Grateful for this!"

All the Nicknames are in use... October 31, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed 500 mg of Ciprofloxacin twice a day for five days for my Urinary Tract Infection. After one day (two doses), I honestly felt approximately 85% better. I was initially apprehensive about taking it after reading virtual horror stories regarding some of potential side effects, but I am glad that I tried it. I am allergic (anaphylaxis reaction) to penicillin, so this medication is (dare I say) miraculous for those of us with penicillin allergies."

Treesaw (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "It hits with a stomach pain but after taking it days ago. I feel more better. Make sure you'll take the medicine with a heavy meal. You truly feel it cleanse."

Shenshenn October 29, 2014

For Bladder Infection: "I took Cipro (500mg 2x/day) for a bladder infection and the only side effect I got was some drowsiness. A few days into taking it, I made the mistake of reading medication reviews and I thought for sure it was going to slowly kill me. Well, I don't know if any other side effects are going to creep up on me in the future, but I can assure you that the actual course of medicine worked just the way it was supposed to, with no serious side effects. The conclusion--there are either a ton of people with pyschosomatic tendencies or I am some sort of anomaly."

ajmar (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been getting urinary tract infections since I was a small child and the only antibiotic that has worked for me 100% of the time is Cipro. I have never had any side effects but I am not sensitive to any medicines that I am aware of. I also use AZO Maximum Strength for the pain as an alternative to Pyridium although if I have a prescription, Pyridium is actually cheaper (with insurance) than purchasing AZO."

UghTI October 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken Cipro for the first time for a urinary tract infection. I'm on the third day and have, thankfully, had no side effects, so far. It has been wonderful for clearing up my urinary tract infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

For Pneumonia: "One of the most effective antibiotics that I've ever taken. Cured pneumonia with 103. 1 grade fever after only one day after starting using medicine and without any side effects. I take 500 mg twice daily for 5 days."

lvg152 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been suffering from urinary tract infections for most of my adult life. The first Dr that prescribed Cipro for me was a "Saint"! Nothing else works for me like it. I take 500mg twice a day for a week to 10 days. I insist on this medication. I've never had any issues with any side effects... Only amazing relief! I'm now in my late 60's and I still take this when I have a UTI."

MamawPapaw (taken for 10 years or more) September 7, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Many of the symptoms described in these posts can be a result of the urinary tract infection itself. I had fever, the chills, nausea, vomiting, headache, and tender abdomen. As soon as I went on Cipro, most of those symptoms subsided. I took a couple days to knock back the fever."

guest223242 September 1, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am a male. Have been taken it for only 3 days, so cannot comment on efficacy yet but since starting it have been afflicted with continual attacks of Hiccups (not listed as a side effect) Annoying and very debilitating (To those around me as well!) Seeing Doctor in two days to decide course of action. Will report later."

Driftways (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "On the 7th and last day for taking Cipro I developed a rash with no itching on most of my body . After 2 weeks I still have some rash and also nausea. My doctor said Cipro had nothing to do with either. It did clear up my UTI infection but should I not take Cipro ever again .Thanks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2014

For Kidney Infections: "Was prescribed this medication along with Augmentin and Paracetemol following diagnosis of an advanced kidney infection. Four days later and I feel a little better in terms of the infection but the side effects have been awful. Constant feelings of extreme fatigue and weakness. Low energy levels; feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. Feelings of nausea and stomach ache for up to two hours after taking it! I have taken this medicine exactly as instructed by my local Pharmacist. Guess it just doesn't agree with me."

Lollagra June 29, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro is the only thing that works for me. I suffer from chronic urinary tract infections, despite my efforts of consistent 100% cranberry juice intake and using the bathroom after sex, I normally have 2-3 per year. Cipro usually kicks the awful urinary tract infection symptoms within a couple hours of my first dose, and I have complete relief within the first day. I'm lucky enough to have the meds on-hand due to the recurrent infections - typically only take for 3 days unless I'm seeing blood in my urine, then I take it for 5. Dose 500mg twice in the first day to kick the infection, and then I follow up with 500mg once per day through my 3 or 5 day. I don't usually have many side effects from the Cipro, maybe some fatigue and mild headache for a day but that's all."

EmmyF June 6, 2014

For Sinusitis: "Of all the available antibiotics, this one has the fewest side effects for me, and unless I have a MRSA infection in my sinus, the one that works the best. Allergic reactions can happen with any medicine, so make sure you know those signs. Itchy skin (hyper itchy), welts, short of breath, blue fingernails, etc."

Jackrorabbit (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2014