User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 66 medications

Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 141 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...ulare, Treatment 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 160 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Caused me violent abdominal pain, flank pain, nausea, and headache. After 3 days, I called my doctor for a different medicine.

June 24, 2011 8:16 PM

Review by HPSmith:

For Bacterial Infection: I was given this by a Mexican doctor after contracting a very nasty bacterial infection with severe diarrhea during a road trip down the Baja Peninsula in Mexico. Worked great, and we were back on the road after one day.

June 23, 2011 12:14 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I went from prostatitis to tendonitis. This medicine has certainly cured my prostatitis, but my knee joints and ankle joints have been aching.

June 13, 2011 7:16 AM

Review by toot toot:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Cholera: This medication really helps.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2011 6:25 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bronchitis: This is the only medication that works for me!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 10:09 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Crohn's Disease: This medicine keeps me well and out of hospitals. I've been on it for almost 20 years and the only time I get symptoms is when I've tried going off of it and end up in the hospital, only to return to using it. Lifesaver for me.

April 2, 2011 9:56 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I had to stop taken the medicine due to getting yellowing of the skin, fevers, nightmares, severe headaches, dizziness, hot flashes, restlessness, nausea, etc. The medicine was fine until about 3 days into it then I began to feel worse and it was even hard for me to breathe. I may be one of the select few who reacted this way and I followed everything that I was told to do exactly.

March 5, 2011 1:21 PM

Review by PJM123:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Anthrax: Just started taking Cipro 3 days ago 11-2-11. Felt relief by second day third is better. Just don't eat cheese before your pill.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2011 7:36 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: I am on my 3rd day of taking ciprofloxacin and it's working great. Although I do get intense headaches but I would rather that short term rather than have the constant feeling of needing 2 go 2 the toilet.

February 7, 2011 3:26 AM

Review by No Go:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Took this medicine during Chemo and Radiation. Did not work, may have been because of the Chemo and Radiation, just not sure. Was given Bactrim and that did not work either. I am now on my 3rd of 5 day Levaquin dose and passed my AZO UTI over the counter test this morning, yea. Two months of a UTI is a bit much, although, I now know what works for future.

January 23, 2011 2:32 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am 71 years of age had this ciprofloxacin 4 times for urinary tract infection. Had a catheter and then had a turp done. Worked for the infection but am now suffering from very sore muscles in every part of my body, this happened about 2 weeks after stopping the medicines. I am also taking prednisone. Is there any help for this? Doctor says no this isn't the cause of my sore muscles.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2010 5:47 PM

Review by krazy_in_ky:

For Kidney Infections: I was given this medicine to prevent a kidney infection while having a kidney stone pass. It worked and didn't have too many side effects. I would recommend it.

November 9, 2010 10:56 PM

Review by legabeagle2:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Cipro is magical when it comes to bladder infections. Please do not drink milk and please make sure you eat a cracker, a piece of bread or other food prior to taking this medication. It is by far the strongest and most effective for severe bladder infections. Within just hours you no longer feel that constant annoying urgency to urinate and the pain of the oncoming infection lessens the first day of taking Cipro. And, lastly, however most importantly, do not have intercourse for at least a week or longer.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2010 11:23 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: It's been three days since I've been on this medicine. First time user also. I never had a bladder infection but it got a lot better than it was the first day with the burning and pain. I am still experiencing a bit of the burning. I am hoping it works and takes it fully away about the time its my last dose. At first this medicine made me nauseous and tired but I drank more water and it seemed to help take that away.

October 8, 2010 9:27 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Was put on Amoxicillin for my UTI, didn't work, went back to doctors and they prescribed me Cipro. After taking first pill, felt much better. Only side effect seemed to be irritation and itching of vagina.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2010 3:11 PM

Review by ceccec:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: I had a wicked kidney infection it took a while but Cipro worked.

September 2, 2010 12:25 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took 3 week course of Cipro for prostatitis. At first, I felt much better but as the treatment continued the symptoms seemed to return.

August 20, 2010 10:38 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took this medicine for 2 months straight. The condition fluctuated, but for the most part improved. After 2 months I stopped taking it and symptoms returned.

August 12, 2010 2:49 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for : After 5 days on Cipro for a urinary tract infection (allergic to sulfa, Keflex, Macrodantin ) I finished the 5 days prescribed then began to feel awful, severe joint pain in wrists, back and neck. I had painful deep breaths and general overall aching. I had some diarrhea and abdominal pain. Bladder infection is better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2010 9:06 AM

For Sinusitis: This medication made me nauseous everytime I took it, but I continued to take it . On the 7th day I became very ill. Chills, vomiting, hurting and I stayed in bed for 2 days except for going to the Instant Care. They said I had an allergic reaction. The doctor also gave me a 1-pill medication to prevent an yeast infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2010 9:43 AM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Cleared up the infection but caused dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and headaches.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2010 4:43 AM

Review by Muzie:

For Urinary Tract Infection: After just 1 dose of this ciprofloxacn, I felt 99% better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2010 2:32 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Used this for bladder infection, works great no side effects, cleared up in 7 days.

May 14, 2010 7:43 PM

Review by Miquel401:

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: I took Cipro for a month and felt improvement, but 10 days after completing my script, the symptoms have returned. I am also on Bactrim and am hopeful to get this resolved.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 4, 2010 2:48 PM

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: Cipro was working for me and just stopped.I started getting sick again halfway through the treatment.

May 3, 2010 9:47 AM