Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by Tweenie (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I have been addicted to morphine since I was 16. I am 31 now, three years ago I got on Suboxone and never used again. This is a miracle.

September 1, 2013 10:18 AM
Review by gregee: User Rating:

I first started on Vicodin 9 years ago. Well, I eventually became a full blown addict on other things. Started Suboxone 5 days ago and finally feel life coming back in to this empty shell I called my body. Fell into withdrawal the first dose because I took it too soon but 5 days later and I'm feeling great. Sleeping has been a little difficult as well. It felt great to come home from work today and know that the money I made will be going to something that was slowly killing me. Thank you Suboxone.

August 29, 2013 8:54 AM
Review by From-the-Rez (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone since January 14, 2013. I started on 16 mgs a day and now am down to 6 mgs a day. These strips have saved me life and the lives of a few of my friends. The only side effect I have on these is that I can't sleep if I take it too late in the morning. My insurance covers the cost except for a 25$ copay. 25$ is nothing compared to what I was spending a month. I have no cravings or pain and this allows me to live my life to the fullest and enjoy my beautiful children. This is a great way to come out of pain pill addiction and start your life over.

August 18, 2013 10:05 PM
Review by Ashley8887 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm trying this medication for the first time, and I think it has been the most affective thing to stop my cravings, and the horrible withdrawal symptoms. Thank you for this medicine!

August 9, 2013 7:26 AM
Review by Mike Oxlong (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

I started doing painkillers about 9 years ago, started taking a hydrocodone every now and again recreationally and ended up taking 80mg of Oxycontin and 40mg Opana. Anyone can quit with Suboxone. Saved my life, miracle pill.

July 30, 2013 11:35 PM
Review by rjmonkey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

On 600mg oxycodone 120mg methadone daily for 3 yrs. Last two yrs 16 mg Suboxone a day. Feel great. Saved my life.

July 28, 2013 7:58 PM
Review by jetblu: User Rating:

Unreal, changes life in a day. Has some side effects, insomnia for me, but only way to change quickly with minimal withdrawal. Becomes more mental (physical dependency is gone), I think can take a lot less than is recommended. Really it can be done with 24mg in my opinion. Was taking 5/6 30mg oxycodone, 80mg Oxycontin. Before using Suboxone I went down on the quantity of oxycodone, best argument for continuation is relapse prevention.

July 22, 2013 4:27 AM
Review by serene one: User Rating:

SUBOXONE TREATMENT SAVED MY LIFE! After 3 years of praying to get off VicodinES (2-4 pills daily), I found Suboxone. I had no withdrawal symptoms, felt great the whole 4 months of taking it. I only needed to use 2mg per day (1mg in the am., 1mg in the pm.). I did experience extreme constipation, but that orange fiber drink helped a lot. I am so grateful for this, and feel so sorry for those who had stressful stories about it.

July 19, 2013 2:03 PM
Review by WOODY D (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

This is great for getting off any prescription meds. I was addicted to pain killers, then started suboxone. Wow. Works great. Still a little discomfort coming off the suboxone, but nothing like trying to stop straight from pain killers. If you really want to get off pain killers, this is it. But don't be a fool and use pain killers and then use subozone as a back up, you will never get better. You must be willing to stop all pain killers for good, 1 year later I took a pain killer and threw me into withdrawals.

July 13, 2013 9:30 AM
Review by Mojo rosin (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

I was severely hooked on opiates for about seven years. I started out on Lortabs and eventually got to where I was taking ten ten milligrams at one time up to thirty a day. I got the brilliant idea to ween myself off of them by buying methadone on the street. Long story short I got worse on the methadone than I was before. After several failed attempts getting sober by going to rehab I found a doctor who prescribed me Suboxone 16 mg a day back in 2006.

July 12, 2013 8:04 PM
Review by Octobr (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I been taking Oxycodone 10mg since 2009. I told my Dr. I wanted to get off those. I have been on Suboxone for four days and I feel great.

July 6, 2013 12:23 PM
Review by Puffy's mom (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Following a car accident in May 2012, I developed an addiction to Norco, Percocet and Fentanyl. I recently entered a detox program to get off the pain meds. While there, I was given Suboxone. Within 2 days, I knew something was wrong. I am in the 5% that cannot take this medicine. My blood pressure soared, my heart rate reached a high of 143, my metabolism shot through the roof creating a buzzing feeling over my entire body. The scariest side effect was a drastic, abnormal weight loss (17 pounds in 4 days).

June 24, 2013 12:14 PM
Review by Sfg: User Rating:

Suboxone saved my life. I was on 300mg oxycodone everyday for over a year and before I took 200mg Norco for years. I lost everything, savings, friends, cars, and borrowed and lied to everyone I know. I said enough is enough and got on Suboxone. I take 1 x 8mg a day and I have been clean for three months now. Had a buddy who stopped at the same time as me but did not go on Suboxone and he relapsed within a week. That's proof this is the only way to get of pills.

June 11, 2013 6:28 AM
Review by Big Mikey: User Rating:

I had 19 procedures on my lower back and four procedures on my neck. I was taking very high doses of Oxycontin and Oxycodone for ten years. I wanted to quit taking pain medicines but they got a hold of me. Now I'm on Suboxone 16 mg a day and I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm also taking Suboxone for pain management. I have more pain than I care to have but I take Motrin for break through pain. When you decide to take control of your life again then get on the Suboxone, you will not regret it. No withdrawal, no urges and no worries! Good luck and remember you can now have your life back.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2013 12:38 AM
Review by Big mo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone for 5 days now! I have yet to crave a Norco. I was taking 12-15 a day for the last 2yrs. I had major back surgery. I have no complaints as of yet!

May 16, 2013 12:16 AM
Review by philly25 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Taking 8mg Suboxone a day...a Life saver! Negatives for me are constipation and ridiculous amount of saliva build up in my mouth 5 to 10 mins after I place under tongue.

April 27, 2013 1:32 AM
Review by elj (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

This is a great medication for anyone who is addicted to pain killers or benzodiazepine. I was addicted to both for years. It takes time to get yourself to go to a doctor being that you think it won't work or you can't afford it. Best thing I ever did.

April 24, 2013 5:56 PM
Review by Cosette34 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I spiraled out of control on pain pills about six years ago and it will be two years on this medication July 24/2010. It is taking me a little longer to wean off because I did have a relapse due to financial problems. This medicine is the best thing that can be out there for addicts. I hid it from my husband, mother, everyone that came around me. They had a slight idea that something was wrong, but since I was so mean and hateful they were all afraid to say anything to me about it in fear of what I would do. The first week of being on the medicine, my husband said that he could see a complete reversal of me and my personality. He says that he finally got his baby back.

April 18, 2013 12:42 PM
Review by arickp (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I saw opioids taking over my life, and figured I had two options: continue using and wind up dead or imprisoned, or get help. Suboxone was the help I got. My cravings to get high on anything keep going down and down. Now, I barely remember why I started doing all these in the first place. So why the 6 out of 10? It constipates me way worse than any other opioid has. That means lots of fiber, stool softeners and Activia for me. I dislike the orange taste and the way the strips numb my taste buds. I also wish it was scored, so you could accurately measure out half doses.

April 16, 2013 6:51 PM
Review by Diffy52589: User Rating:

I was addicted to pain killers for about 2 yrs. I lost everything, my family, my significant other, my beautiful convertible. My parents called the cops on me all the time. The pharmacist knew exactly what I was up to and would always look down on me when I would get my pills. My dr would just give me whatever I asked for, she had no idea I was abusing all these pills. Eventually I got caught and had no way of getting the pills so I decided it was time to get help. I found a Suboxone Dr and it was the best thing I have ever done. I will be clean for a year on May 8th of this year.

April 8, 2013 8:24 PM
Review by WHO8BGDAVE: User Rating:

12 years addicted, 4 prison #s, 40 jobs at least, 6 different homes, 3 evictions, 4 children let down. My life has changed! SUBOXONE saved my life! Now active in my church and in treatment I've been clean for 8 months. PRAISE GOD.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2013 7:41 PM
Review by shanmrsn (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I'm a 41yr old female whose opiate addiction lasted 8 yrs. I had multiple surgeries, broken bones that always required some sort of pain Meds. I always took as directed until the dosage wasn't helping so I'd take more pills or ask for stronger pain pills just to ease the pain. I was taking 15 Lortabs 10mg a day and if I didn't have any I couldn't get up out of bed so when I eventually was taken off my pain pills. I explained the symptoms I have when I dont take the pain pills. He explained I was having opioid withdrawals. I was so shocked I felt awful. I didn't take pain meds for the thrill. So why me? I now only take Suboxone 8mg 2-3x daily. Results are instant! 1 year now no problems. MIRACLE AND TRULY A BLESSING.I feel normal again!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2013 4:18 AM
Review by daDez (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

After being on pain management for 7 years, my brain started telling my body I needed higher and higher doses. I maxed out on Fentanyl and had enough of the merry go round. I had crossed from dependency to addiction. After a lot of research, I felt a life in pain would be better then what I was putting myself through. I walked into a detox hospital and started Suboxone. I was stunned when my pain was under control. With incorporating a recovery program, I have been clean for 3 years and take 16mg of Suboxone. I've tried lowering my dose, but my pain comes screaming back. I feel absolutely normal and praise the manufacturer for such a great remedy to a complex problem. If you are a Veteran, the VA has a great Suboxone program.

March 3, 2013 7:33 PM
Review by red heads rule (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I am on it for the second time. The first time I thought the medication alone was going to keep me from using but I soon found out it wouldn't. Now on it for the second time I not only take Suboxone I also see go through drug counseling, go to NA and AA. I have completely changed my way of life. For me this was a must. I now have 2 yrs clean and sober. Of course there is ups and downs to all things but I have found this medication to be a vital tool in my tool box. I would recommend anyone struggling with an opiate addiction to at least give it a try. Recovery is possible!

February 28, 2013 11:15 AM
Review by Poppey (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Wonderful if you want to stop using opiates which I was. Suboxone was effective I even dealt with some of the side effects but today I am opiate free.

February 23, 2013 2:03 AM