User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 2)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"For me I had a terrible time with suboxone. It relieved the opiate withdrawal a number 3 out of 10. Bones started to creak, teeth started cracking/breaking, insomnia, legs wouldn't stop moving, headaches, backache. It just didnt work for me, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Initially I felt as though it was just the process of the other opiates leaving my body but after a month of feeling like rubbish I relapsed, I could no longer take it, it took a lot more to get relief due to the effects of the sub. After a year and a half of suboxone and feeling badly all the time, I gave up suboxone and the second job to pay for it and went back to full time drugging until I found methadone and have been happily and contentedly clean without any pain since."

everyonesdifferent January 18, 2016

"Ok,I guess I will start with saying I feel so much better, I have been addicted to opiates for 15 years, first 10 years I put my ex husband and only son thru hell. Lost both of them, went to jail needless to say my life was horrible. Got sober for a little while met my new husband and gained 3 kids. I did good for about a year then bam right back to pill chasing and about to loose it all again. I got on methadone, which is now what I call evil. I was on 120 milligrams for 4 years. I switched to suboxone and did not wait long enough. I had horrible precipitated withdrawal for two days, it has now been 5 days and I feel wonderful. No more sickness or withdrawal. I take two 8/2 strips a day. It works great for me so far. So much energy."

Sickzick (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"I have been taking suboxone for almost 6 years. Before that my pain is very severe. I took everything before I picked up pain meds, I am an addict of 29 years, I had to pick up pain meds when nothing else worked for me, got completely addicted, Suboxone has SAVED MY LIFE and helps with my pain, I have nevered picked up another pain med since then, I AM TRULY GREATFUL"

GREATFUL (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 9, 2016

"I have been taking opiates for years. In the last year and a half it really spiralled out of control. I was completely addicted to oxycontin. I had to have it everyday and spent so much money on it. I tried several times to quit cold turkey. The physical withdrawals I could handle but PAWS was another story. I never made it past 2 weeks. Finally i tried Suboxone. I am on day 10 and it has been so easy. I take 8mg twice a day and will reduce it to 4mg twice a day. While I know iIwill need to get off the Suboxone at some point, it is better than buying oxy's everyday and spending goodness knows how much money. My only regret is that I didn't go on it sooner. I am so happy with myself and feel like I have my life back."

Cici1978 January 4, 2016

"A month ago, I started Suboxone maintenance therapy after I spent a month in treatment for opiate addiction. It has saved my life; it has improved the quality of my life as well. I have only used opiates once in the last 74 days - a week after I finished inpatient treatment. When I saw my husband's face after the last relapse, I decided not to continue without medication and medical monitoring. Harm reduction is making it possible for me to not be a criminal, able to keep a productive routine, and most amazing - I don't suffer from constantly craving drugs. I am no longer obsessed with doing drugs. We've saved thousands of dollars from my abstinence from drugs on the street. I am learning to love life in a way I never have. It's a miracle."

pearlofagirl December 31, 2015

"I had struggled back and forth for 5 years will opiates. I lost everything I had in my life, my home, jobs, cars, plenty of money, and even my family, my kids included. I decided to try and quit them myself with no success. I then went to a suboxone doctor who had me on 2 strips a day. I have been successfully on Suboxone for a year now with no relapse. Things in my life have also started to come back together. Suboxone has been a true life changer for me."

Ashbash25 December 28, 2015

"I have been on subs for 14 yrs was on 12mg and now down to 1/12 mg daily but if I drop any at all I can't sleep, I want off but don't know if I can make it off of this stuff, it really help me but know I want off has anyone heard of being on it 14 yrs and getting off."

Woots December 21, 2015

"I really have probably been addicted for the last 30 years but some life changing things happened that I became out of control. My daughter was murdered and I got a divorce and my life became unmanageable and I was dying day by day. Finally on the 7th of January 2015 I went into the hospital and started on. Suboxone. It was like a new life for me. I no longer look for pain pills everyday. It has been almost a year and it has been so wonderful to not be chasing pills every day. Thank you Dr and suboxone for giving me my life back."

not a dope head no more (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2015

"I was using a gram and a half some days 2 grams of powder heroin snorted I found that when I would switch to suboxone I would always be thrown into precipitated withdrawal syndrome no matter if I waited 12 hours or 48 hours also after I was stable on suboxone I still had intense cravings for full opiates I think that suboxone works great for people with lower tolerances or people only using prescription opiates but every person is different but personally suboxone never worked properly for me and I switched to methadone and have stopped using and craving opiates"

cleosmommy14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2015

"I have been struggling with back pain for over 10 years. I have always tried to walk the line between managing my pain and becoming dependant. Over the past 6 months I lost control and became dependant. I was highly over using Norco and most recently methadone. I went into rehab last week and after a night of my skin crawling because the doctor wasn't in when I was finally admitted he put me on 8mg of sub. Within 30 minutes I felt much better. I took 8mg the 2nd day at 8am and felt some withdrawals at 8-9pm so I was upped to 12mg. Not only has it stopped my need for Norco it is helping with my back pain. Make no mistake suboxone is an opioid and you will become dependant on it but you can not abuse it because it is not effective over 24mg."

NomoreNorcs (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

"Wow............I was addicted to lortab which increased to hydromorphone 30 mg 2 times a day to start and then progressed steadily over 4-5 years to about 20 of those damn little blue pills a day just to try to not be sick from withdrawal!!! Then I went to long acting 80s icy and then couldn't afford enough mess just to not be sick each day that's when I ordered some heroin to try just to not be sick every damn day!!! Suboxone it literally saved my life! Was it easy? No! Was it worth it? Hell yes!!! Does it have side effects yes constipation. Is there withdrawal yes! I've been on it almost 3 years without relapsing ever. Miracle drug for me n my family! Highly recommend for opiate addiction and to treat pain!"

Golden14 life November 12, 2015

"In my opinion this drug is a straight up enabler and the reason I say that is because it allows people to not feel pain from withdrawal. Its kinda like when you burn your self you learn to stay away from fire. Long time use of this drug is very stupid I personally think it's bad on your body and the withdrawal is 2 to 3 weeks which really sucks. You don't want to be bound to something so when you come off of suboxone the cravings for opiates come back. In my opinion when you decide to quit using opiates do it with no drugs that trick your brain into thinking your on opiates, then you learn how to deal with your addiction while your sober. That way you will know how to beat it. Drs that prescribe this for a long time are all in it for the money sorry"

tnug801 November 9, 2015

"its a wonder treatment drug I have not had any bad side effect from this treatment"

Juan two three (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2015

"It has saved my life"

pthompson79 October 12, 2015

"I was given suboxone to help me with an addiction to hydracodone. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire, is an understatement. I believe that prescribing a dangerous drug to get off another is irresponsible in my case. I went through 18 months of unnecessary addiction and withdrawal that simply could have been accomplished cold turkey for much less pain and heartache. It's my opinion that if you need to get off hydracodone, suck it up and go cold turkey or simply taper off your addiction slowly. DO NOT ever use this wicked drug!! I can not stress enough the dangers this drug causes."

Nixter00 October 11, 2015

"I am compelled to share my experience with you. I suffered from a severe back injury years ago.I was prescribed 80mg per day of Methadone, 90mg per day of Oxycodone, for the first 6 months I thought this is my only way to get through each day, but then my need grew, I was burning through my meds and buying pills off the street. I was using everything from diladid to methadone, to oxycodone, lortabs,, percocets, morphine, fentanyl, you name it, I was using it, I became so addicted to opiates that I was on the verge of losing everything. I'm a single dad and I was ruining my family's life. I found a suboxone doctor and he prescribed 8mg per day and it not only treated my pain but saved my life. I am off of the opiates and I have my life back."

SingleDad September 29, 2015

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"2nd time detoxing. After using heroin roughly 3 months I was approaching a .5 - .7 a day habit. I started on subs again. This time total sub time 8 months. Started at 8 dropped to 6 within a month. Stayed at 6 for a 3-4 months while working. dropped to 4mg for about 30-45 days. From here I did a rapid taper. Once at 2mg I stayed at 2 for about 3 weeks dropped to 1mg for about 1 week (started feeling sluggish and major lack of energy but no sickness.) From there 1 week at .5 mg no energy no sickness still. Finally 1 week at .25 of a film basically a speck still no energy but still no sickness. From the jump off: days 1and 2 absolutely no energy but NO sickness and ate food. Day 3 75% normal. Take motion sickness pills &valarin root"

Kev3216 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2015

"I too took suboxone to treat opiate withdrawal and it truly is a miracle drug. However, after 7 years of being on Suboxone daily, I'm now dependent on this. The withdrawals are just as bad as withdrawing from any opiate and some say worse. So my advice to you from my own experience is to immediately start tapering off suboxone the second you start taking it. My first attempt using suboxone only took 3 days of usage, I stopped before my body became dependent and for a month after I felt perfect. I then started taking it regularly out of fear of relapsing with opiates. Now I'm haunted by the fact I'm totally dependent on suboxone. It's a very strong drug and I personally think way over prescribed dosage wise."

KMD12345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2015

"After 20+ years of "functional" opiate abuse, I finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired. At the advice of some NA friends, I found a kind and compassionate Suboxone doctor. Amazingly, I have not had a single relapse the whole time on the Sub, and it's been nearly seven years. Not one! So now, with some time under my belt, I'm slowly tapering down, from 8mg/day to 4mg/day. I'm in no rush. Suboxone has saved my life, my marriage, and my family."

User7727 September 2, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I just want to add that after the absolute HELL involved with METHADONE WITHDRAWAL symptoms I have experienced over the years trying to get off many times over a 30 year period, I have went 8-10 days with NO SUBS at all and I can say with experience and absolute honesty, the WD symptoms with SUB WD is truly nothing compared to methadone WD. No comparison whatsoever. An article in my local newspaper from a Doc who dispenses SUBS claims it non-addictive. Nonsense, but I agree if you want to get off it appears like a walk in the park."

MrShade August 25, 2015

"I turned my life around after 35 years of the hell of opiod/methadone dependence. Vietnam Vet and I had been shot and injured .It started with percocets and percodan, dilaudid and all related drugs. After back surgery, my Dr. stopped my pain meds after 2 years. NONE. I had a profitable business and could buy off the street for about 2 years but chasing drugs and the costs took took all my money.On methadone for 30 years. Tried repeatedly to detox with no luck. A VA Sadistic DR. decided to completely stop my meth dose (100mg) no taper. After 11 days of hell a friend gave me 8mg suboxone. Except for a bit of constipation, my life is NORMAL. A wonder drug in my case. Many Drs. with just an 8 hour class are able to prescribe from their office."

MrShade August 25, 2015

"I just started treatment with Suboxone yesterday. I was in full WD 38 hrs in. 1 hour after the doctor gave me my first dose. The WD eased up drastically. I cannot believe that there is something out there that can help like this does. probably saved my marriage and my life."

Chesseman August 21, 2015

"Suboxone worked a miracle for me. I suffer from hydrocephalus and have a shunt in my brain. For 8 years I had a neurologist tell me all he could do was treat me for pain. It didn't take long to realize they were addicting. I didn't know any more if I was treating pain or the addiction. After all I had an excuse. Then one day it hit me. I had been using the word excuse. I tried to stop cold turkey. But each time I'd get severe depression anxiety, RLS, insomnia, headaches. I wasn't aware that my body was opiate dependant until I talked to a different Doctor. He took my blood pressure which was really low and informed me that it was dangerous to quit like that after so long and suggested I try suboxone. It works!"

jennibear83122 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

"I am 32yrs old and opiates have been a battle since my teenage years; back in the 90's I would get the 5MG percosets or 5MG methadone and would love that feel. Eventually that led me to Oxycontin 80's, which led to jail, which led to heroin, which led to OD's, which led to hell and back! Over the last 15 yrs I have battled w/ opiates and have consistently lost! But Suboxone has been a life saver for me; finally a drug which eliminates my urge, my cravings, my EVERYTHING! Methadone never did it for me but Suboxone has always helped and continues to help; I owe this drug my life because without it I would be lost. It's NOT for every one but sure does help many of us who suffered from opiate addiction and is a great tool to get life started!"

4everfight! (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

"I just started to go into withdraw from not using herion for close to 20 hrs and a friend of mine kicked a week ago with the help of Suboxone. He gave me 2 8mg pills instructed me to take 1/2 under tongue and if need be take 2mg more if needed tonight, it's 3 in the afternoon right now. He said it worked wonders for him and will give me more to ween off of it day 3 And day 4. My question is does this really work to help suppress WD symptoms I'm scared and wanna no what to expect. It's def time for a life change and will do anything to get this monkey off my back. Please give me some advise and any answers and words of strength would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Little drummer boy."

Little drummer boy. July 25, 2015