User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by Notsurewhattoput:

Man i was a slave to my back pain for so long because it was a constant reminder of my need for opiates, my constant craving. I finally did something for my self and sought help and was introduced to Suboxone. All i can really say is that after three days it feels like a miracle. I feel like i have a solution, a way out now... Great drug for people who are serious about changing their lives. one and only down side is constiation. Thanks Suboxone!

January 21, 2014 4:03 AM

Review by Normal Norman (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I battled opiate addiction for 12 years. I finally found Suboxone, Thank GOD. It took 2.5 years and several relapse but eventually I got over it. I'm sure I couldn't have done it without Suboxone.

December 5, 2013 11:36 PM

Review by Micky Blue Eyes (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 26 and have been addicted to Poppy tea for almost five years. Although I've only been on Suboxone for 3 weeks, I have to say it's really effective. I'm currently on 6mg and will be tapering to 4mg in a couple weeks time. Any cravings I previously had for tea are completely gone, and it even decreased my desire for other things like Alcohol and Tobacco (though I only smoke when I drink).

November 29, 2013 11:08 PM

Review by Soandso (taken for 1 to 2 years):

After I became hopelessly addicted to morphine and hydromorph I found myself living in squalor, dropped out of university, and was on my way to eviction and homelessness. I had tried tapering down myself, going cold turkey at home and even a few detox facilities. Nothing would stick. And most of the time I couldn't make it past 48 hours until I'd crawl back to the pills again. I'm in my early twenties and didn't see myself living to 30, let alone getting back in school. Another addict suggested methadone and after a year on that I was switched to Suboxone. I feel like myself now. I'm back in university finishing my degree and forever grateful to Suboxone for saving me.

November 21, 2013 10:36 AM

Review by blazer1989:

I have just completed my Suboxone treatment, and after 9 days off them. I am starting to feel normal. Suboxone saved my life.

November 18, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by nikkibuggie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have been on Suboxone since 2005 (8 years). I started taking this medicine when I hit rock bottom. I was addicted to percocet, morphine and klonopan. I hated myself. My doctor suggested I take Suboxone. 8 years later, I am still on this medication. I have never relapsed while on Suboxone!!!!! I have a few side effects: dizzy, sweaty and tired. These effects are nothing compared to the way I was living my life addicted to opiates. I am truly thankful for Suboxone.

November 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Review by Mrs. Lynnn:

I am a 30 yr old woman that has undergone approx 20 knee operations, including a total knee replacement and the other replacement is right around the corner, I have painkillers a try and low and behold I'm hooked, taking upto 25 a day, I have felt the deadliness of w/d and I'm terrified, I can't go cold as I have a family and very demanding job. I've heard of Suboxone and want to try but am so scared, I'm the goody in my family and no one has a clue what I'm doing, I have changed and I just want my life back, someone help me please!!

November 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Review by Trx (taken for less than 1 month):

been on a heroin and other street drugs since i was 13,14 im 37 now and this is my first time at doing my turkey as they say or giving it up properly . this is my first afternoon on the medication i know its a bit early to jump in to things or get my hopes up yet but im actually feelin really good , im my nice normal happy self again where as normal id be wrapped up in bed clucking like usual till my next charge , i dont know how its translated from english to american but im on 16 mg a day and fingers crossed i,ll get some sleep tonight , wow , forgotten wat it actually feels like to sleep sober and actually enjoy lying in my bed :) il write back further in to the treatment ,thankyou and congrats to all its been helping x x x

November 4, 2013 8:57 AM

Review by Southern mom (taken for less than 1 month):

Ok started Suboxone 2days ago no cravings at all for others I was taking 5-6 Norcos a day for 8 yrs . One day got up said I'm tired of depending on a pill to get me through the day . So started Suboxone. I'm happy as far as the craving goes but for some reason I'm having a hard time staying awake if I sit down I fall asleep my mind feel very scattered and I had a bad headache today . I hope this is just getting used to the meds . I am only on 2 mg so I don't think it's too much . Any comments would be appreciated . Thanks

November 1, 2013 8:36 PM

Review by Cross1234:

A friend told me told me to cut the sheets into quarters. So I did. I forgot to mention in my last post that I am 29 now. Anyway, I have only take 2 quarters of a sheet today and I feel great. No withdrawals and no thoughts or wants for pain pills. I actually took 5 lortabs to work with me yesterday just in case the Suboxone did not work. I was very comfortable with flushing them down the toilet this morning. I am so thankful for Suboxone. Life is already 100% better and I am sure it will get better. The only side effect is that it was difficult to go to sleep last night. Suboxone is a life saver and I would recommend it to anybody.

October 31, 2013 1:03 PM

Review by mbd63:

Has made dealing with opiate dependency more manageable.

October 28, 2013 12:06 AM

Review by YOYO.E:

I'm so grateful for getting control of my life after 13 years maybe more of opiate abuse! Only 2 days no urge whatsoever.

October 13, 2013 3:48 PM

Review by CelesteTalbert:

I'd been taking eight or nine Norcos a day for almost a year when I started Suboxone two days ago. So, my habit wasn't as bad as many here, but it was bad enough that I knew the agony of withdrawal very well. To my surprise, Suboxone has not only erased my withdrawal symptoms almost entirely (with the exception of minor headaches here and there), but it's also helped with craving my old pills at all. But I think the best part has to be feeling my soul lighten again. I was depressed for months and months on those pills. They are, after all, a depressant. Since I started Suboxone yesterday morning I've felt like myself again. A gray pall of sadness has been lifted. Two things: it tastes dreadful and causes fatigue. Otherwise great!

September 15, 2013 2:40 PM

Review by Tweenie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been addicted to morphine since I was 16. I am 31 now, three years ago I got on Suboxone and never used again. This is a miracle.

September 1, 2013 10:18 AM

Review by gregee:

I first started on Vicodin 9 years ago. Well, I eventually became a full blown addict on other things. Started Suboxone 5 days ago and finally feel life coming back in to this empty shell I called my body. Fell into withdrawal the first dose because I took it too soon but 5 days later and I'm feeling great. Sleeping has been a little difficult as well. It felt great to come home from work today and know that the money I made will be going to something that was slowly killing me. Thank you Suboxone.

August 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Review by From-the-Rez (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been on Suboxone since January 14, 2013. I started on 16 mgs a day and now am down to 6 mgs a day. These strips have saved me life and the lives of a few of my friends. The only side effect I have on these is that I can't sleep if I take it too late in the morning. My insurance covers the cost except for a 25$ copay. 25$ is nothing compared to what I was spending a month. I have no cravings or pain and this allows me to live my life to the fullest and enjoy my beautiful children. This is a great way to come out of pain pill addiction and start your life over.

August 18, 2013 10:05 PM

Review by Ashley8887 (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm trying this medication for the first time, and I think it has been the most affective thing to stop my cravings, and the horrible withdrawal symptoms. Thank you for this medicine!

August 9, 2013 7:26 AM

Review by Mike Oxlong (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I started doing painkillers about 9 years ago, started taking a hydrocodone every now and again recreationally and ended up taking 80mg of Oxycontin and 40mg Opana. Anyone can quit with Suboxone. Saved my life, miracle pill.

July 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Review by rjmonkey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

On 600mg oxycodone 120mg methadone daily for 3 yrs. Last two yrs 16 mg Suboxone a day. Feel great. Saved my life.

July 28, 2013 7:58 PM

Review by jetblu:

Unreal, changes life in a day. Has some side effects, insomnia for me, but only way to change quickly with minimal withdrawal. Becomes more mental (physical dependency is gone), I think can take a lot less than is recommended. Really it can be done with 24mg in my opinion. Was taking 5/6 30mg oxycodone, 80mg Oxycontin. Before using Suboxone I went down on the quantity of oxycodone, best argument for continuation is relapse prevention.

July 22, 2013 4:27 AM

Review by serene one:

SUBOXONE TREATMENT SAVED MY LIFE! After 3 years of praying to get off VicodinES (2-4 pills daily), I found Suboxone. I had no withdrawal symptoms, felt great the whole 4 months of taking it. I only needed to use 2mg per day (1mg in the am., 1mg in the pm.). I did experience extreme constipation, but that orange fiber drink helped a lot. I am so grateful for this, and feel so sorry for those who had stressful stories about it.

July 19, 2013 2:03 PM

Review by WOODY D (taken for 2 to 5 years):

This is great for getting off any prescription meds. I was addicted to pain killers, then started suboxone. Wow. Works great. Still a little discomfort coming off the suboxone, but nothing like trying to stop straight from pain killers. If you really want to get off pain killers, this is it. But don't be a fool and use pain killers and then use subozone as a back up, you will never get better. You must be willing to stop all pain killers for good, 1 year later I took a pain killer and threw me into withdrawals.

July 13, 2013 9:30 AM

Review by Mojo rosin (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I was severely hooked on opiates for about seven years. I started out on Lortabs and eventually got to where I was taking ten ten milligrams at one time up to thirty a day. I got the brilliant idea to ween myself off of them by buying methadone on the street. Long story short I got worse on the methadone than I was before. After several failed attempts getting sober by going to rehab I found a doctor who prescribed me Suboxone 16 mg a day back in 2006.

July 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Review by Octobr (taken for less than 1 month):

I been taking Oxycodone 10mg since 2009. I told my Dr. I wanted to get off those. I have been on Suboxone for four days and I feel great.

July 6, 2013 12:23 PM

Review by Puffy's mom (taken for less than 1 month):

Following a car accident in May 2012, I developed an addiction to Norco, Percocet and Fentanyl. I recently entered a detox program to get off the pain meds. While there, I was given Suboxone. Within 2 days, I knew something was wrong. I am in the 5% that cannot take this medicine. My blood pressure soared, my heart rate reached a high of 143, my metabolism shot through the roof creating a buzzing feeling over my entire body. The scariest side effect was a drastic, abnormal weight loss (17 pounds in 4 days).

June 24, 2013 12:14 PM