User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Suboxone is the best thing that ever happens to me! Before Suboxone I was on pills doing bad things that I would never do! I have 4 wonderful children that I lost due to my drug use! Pills were number one, my kids and family and loved ones came last. I lost everything, myself, my kids, my family and the one man I loved so much. Then I found hope I found a Doctor that said I want you to try a pill called Suboxone and to be honest it saved my life. I no longer use pills I am on Suboxone daily. I am on the right track I am going to outpatient daily. I go to meetings and I take my medication the right way. I am on the right track to getting my 4 great kids back but most important me back. If I can do it anyone can."

jchica1014 May 28, 2012

"My doctor will not let you on it longer than 2 1/2 years. HE uses it for the purpose of getting your life back not a life time of medication taking."

MeganRSlater (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2012

"After having a spinal cord injury, I was placed on very high doses of Pxycontin. The "long term" pain management plan was for me to continue on Pxycontin and at some point move down to Percocet. Indefinitely I guess. Oxycontin made me feel horrible. I just wanted to sleep all the time. The pain wasn't as bad, but then again, nothing else was either...I was a walking zombie. I was finally referred to a doctor that had used Suboxone to treat long term pain issues. Within one week of starting Suboxone, I felt like I had my life back. I was able to wean down to a dose that works for me, and have no plans of discontinuing use. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2012

"It works. No more cravings, no more stealing. The best part is I do not even miss the heroin. It does have side effects, I have a problem concentrating when I am on it. It also gets me constipated. I take Mylax daily to prevent that. It is amazing how I no longer crave opiates! None! Thank God for this as my life was spiraling out of control."

BobOrr May 1, 2012

"I've never taken it, but I have seen Suboxone help get my son back from the HELL he was in. A smart boy was being driven by Roxicodone, had to have it to work, to go anywhere or function. It's awful when you can't help your child and know he wants it. Thank God for his friend who also was on this treatment. The 1st day we both could tell a difference. You do experience a few discomforts but NOTHING in comparison to detoxing without Suboxone. I'm so proud he is on his way...and my baby can be happy again. He was so depressed because he said without the Suboxone it would have killed him. He couldn't have done it period. It DOES work. You just have to be ready to quit."

GettinMySonback91 April 29, 2012

"Suboxone saved my life. "

blondie6788 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2012

"I've been on Suboxone for almost a year and a half now. Like most people taking this medicine I started out trying to kick a habit. I had always heard that Suboxone was just trading one addiction for another so I didn't want to take it for long. I tried to taper off after just 2 months of sobriety and relapsed almost instantly. Now, I listen to the doctor and just take the pill. I have had side effects, and the most annoying is losing weight. I would recommend Suboxone to those who really are trying to change their lives. Suboxone played a part in me gaining a life and I am very grateful for that. And anyone who thinks taking Suboxone doesn't make them clean has no idea what they are talking about, and they should see a real doctor."

bellaK April 5, 2012

"Works great for chronic pain."

Anonymous January 30, 2012

"If I could clean the guy's toilet who invented Suboxone with my toothbrush everyday I would. I took Suboxone for two years because that's how long I felt I needed it for. I have been clean for almost seven years, clean and sober. My only advice is to go to a 12 step program as well. Suboxone is not a crutch. It only takes away the physical cravings. The behavior needs to still be modified. Addiction is a cunning, baffling and powerful disease. Thanks to Suboxone and a 12 step program I bought a house, am in grad school and love my family and friends."

Sober&Happy January 26, 2012

"Suboxone is a life saver. I have been addicted off and on for years with pain killers, and this has made me feel like a free man again. "

T boy January 13, 2012

"As a alternative to methadone this wins hands down. No severe withdrawals and minimum side effects if you are lookin to do opiate withdrawal this has got to be a serious contender. Good luck all."

not a user anymore :) January 11, 2012

"I have been using Suboxone since Sept 2010. I had 21 years clean thru N.A. and A.A. due to an amphetamine addiction in my youth. Due to health problems (back injury) my doctor started me on hydrocodone, Xanax and Soma. One day I realized that my life was going nowhere. I could not function throughout the day without my medication. I seemed to be right back in my addiction. I since have started the Suboxone therapy and for me, it has been not only the means to get back on track without OPIATES, MUSCLE RELAXERS, and ANTI DEPRESSANTS. I personally believe not enough is said about the pain relief this medication brings, but also the anti depressant qualities the medication has as well. Take action."

MuchBettrnow December 29, 2011

"It's my first time on this medication and I must tell you that I experience no cravings at all for the heroin. Now its time to get off of the Suboxone!"

Anonymous December 26, 2011

"Started 8mg of Suboxone 6 months ago. Tapered down over last 6 months to 1 mg by cutting the Suboxone 2mg film in half. Suboxone is amazing and does everything it says. Make sure you do it with a doctor. The withdrawal symptoms are not fun for at least a week, I am on day 5. Chills flu like symptoms, anxiety, insomnia, headache, nausea loss of appetite among symptoms. First day I'm feeling better and haven't used Oxy in half year. Take some Tylenol, some Ativan. All helped me now I'm off it."

Jligs December 18, 2011

"I have been on opiates since 1992. I became addicted. As addictions go there is a progression. The more I took the more by body wanted. They just were not working any more. I need more and more to get rid of the pain until I realized the medication was causing the pain increase. I almost died from using the opiates and could not get off them. I finally was rushed to emergency where they did not think I would make it. But for the grace of God and this wonderful doctor my life was spared. I was prescribed Suboxone. With the Suboxone, I finally feel normal and the pain from my back is managed. "

densy December 18, 2011

"I had a MIRACULOUS recovery in 1996 from Kaposi's Sarcoma when treated with Doxil. This was in the early days of Doxil (and all liposomal chemos) was only approved for Secondary Treatment Options. Conventional chemo (AVB) did nothing; Doxil completely eradicated the neoplasms. It also left me with NASTY throbbing pain in the arches of my feet which never completely went away. I was hooked on so many opiates (both for the pain and the mental anxiety relief they provided) that I didn't even realize I was an addict until I ran out of Percocet one dark day. 16 years later, the foot pain returned. My doctor prescribed 2mg Suboxone and I have my life back. Unorthodox, but legal and no longer a junkie. No "highs", no pain, and GRATITUDE."

AONEMADMANSHOW December 15, 2011

"This works well if taken as needed like any other for serious pain sustained from injuries. I give it a ten, works for me."

Harmony Balance November 12, 2011

"Alert: Suboxone is incredibly effective at helping with opiate detox in the short term. However, it is very easy to become dependent on the Suboxone. Try and only use Suboxone for 4-6 days and deal with the remaining withdrawals. "

Heroin/Free October 16, 2011

"I was addicted to any pain pill I could get my hands on for three years. I found Suboxone and it helped me a lot but my experience with my doctor was horrible. I missed a doctors appointment one time and they punished me by making me wait three days for my prescription when I asked what I was supposed to do they told me to pretty much find means till my next doctors appointment. When I asked my doctor to start lowering my doses so I could get off of the Suboxone he told me that I would be back on pills as soon as I could get the chance and then cut me off cold Turkey. I have been pill and Suboxone free for three years. Suboxone is a great rehab option but having a great doctor is just as important."

peyton0915 October 4, 2011

"I had it all. Everything people dream of was mine but I lost it all when I started doing Roxy's. Once was all it took for me to take many oxycodone 30s as I could get my hands on for 3 years. I tried to stop by myself, went to rehab, meetings, counseling, everything. During these 3 years I went from being a loving daughter, sister and friend to a monster. I have been on Suboxone since 4/20/11 and that was the day my life changed. I feel like a normal person again. There is a price to my happiness though I have headaches, am tired very often and experience extreme constipation from the Suboxone. If that's all I have to go through to be the person I am now than that's fine. Suboxone literally saved my life."

Ashley-Peaches September 26, 2011

"I had been on Oxycodone for 4 years until yesterday for a back injury which I am still awaiting surgery. I was taking anywhere from 100mg to 200mg per day. After several attempts to quit "cold turkey", the withdrawal symptoms were pure hell and I would reach for the pill bottle again. I was taking my pain medicines as prescribed even. OXycodone was beginning to cause a serious problem and were taking so much of my life away. I talked to my wife and she found a doctor who was certified with the Suboxone treatment. 36 hours after beginning the Suboxone I feel great! My pain is manageable and my thought process is so much clearer. I thank Heavenly Father, my wife, and my doctor. Highly recommended."

WyoBear September 21, 2011

"Great help on stopping pain medicines. This works wonders if taken right."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

"Hydrocodone ruled my life for the past 6 years. I started Suboxone treatment with 8mg dose 30 days ago. The medicine works great for avoiding the major Norco withdrawal that I was so terrified of. Half a day ago I quit cold turkey off of 2mg Suboxone. The withdrawal was still pretty bad but not nearly as bad as the Norco. Good luck out there everybody. It is possible to live opiate free."

backstabber August 21, 2011

"I had total knee replacement in 2010 and need one in my left knee too and was convinced I could not stop taking Percocet because of pain. My addiction was full blown and I was taking up to 10 pills a day. Suboxone helped me end the nightmare. I weaned down from 8mg to 2mg in 5 months. This is my third day off of 2mg and I feel some symptoms but I know it won't last. I learned to exercise with the Suboxone and take care of my body. Be strong and take care."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

"If used as directed this medication works great. I have been taking the 8mg/2 mg 3 x a day for over 4 years and never had any problems. It works great for withdrawal and maintenance."

john-narducci August 6, 2011