User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been addicted to painkillers of all kinds since 1998 when I first hurt my back. I would use up my prescription and then begin to steal them off of my husband who also took them. I then would buy them and spending an amazing amount on them it sickens me to think about how much. I started Suboxone 3 days ago and feel amazing no withdrawal and no cravings. I would recommend to anyone with an opiate addiction.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 26, 2010 12:08 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

You are all inspiring. Two years clean today thanks to Suboxone. It started when I was 22. I had 3 ruptured discs and basically over the next 5 years became completely dependent on pills. The last year I was using my life revolved around pills and fear of going without. I became another person. My life was a lie. I reached my breaking point and I found Suboxone started at 12 mgs. It's been two years and now I am at 2 mgs going off next month. Suboxone gave me the time to heal. I just got married and can't wait to have a baby. My back is still painful but nothing like the pain I was living in with pills.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2010 6:06 PM
Review by jnm: User Rating:

I am 22yrs old. When I first started taking pain pills I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Before I knew it I was addicted. I was letting it control me and my decisions and putting it first. I forgot what it felt like to just be normal until a friend told me about Suboxone which saved my life. I am the happiest I've been in a long time. This was a lesson learned.

December 10, 2010 5:56 PM
Review by Tara c.: User Rating:

I was addicted to pain killers of all and any kind for 6 years to the point where I tried heroin. Then I met a life-saving Doctor who told me about Suboxone and I was put on that medication and I have been clean for 3 MONTHS. I feel good about my life now and it's like all my troubles are gone. I am 21 yrs old and I graduated high school and now am applying for college! I wanted to give a special thanks to the Suboxone program people. Once again thanks.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2010 6:13 PM
Review by finally free 7: User Rating:

I was addicted to pain killers for so many years I can't remember. Day after day I always was looking for my next fix. Late for work or couldn't make it in, upon other things. Life was a struggle with not knowing where to turn. Finally I decided to look for a doctor who gave me the Suboxone. I am at work everyday and on time. The people around me notice a change and I feel great. I will be married in one week and have never been happier. So if you are reading this and wondering if this could work for you, I say yes. If it worked for me a hopeless junkie then I know it can work you.

December 7, 2010 7:01 PM
Review by CantWT: User Rating:

I'm a 28 yr old mom and wife who was addicted to prescribed vic's & perc's for the past 2 years, taking about 60-100mg's a day to feel "OK". After running out of my pills in 10 days or less...I'd be in agony but would always find ways to get through the days with people I knew who had/sold them. I hated my life which once was GREAT. Found a new doctor..today is day 3 of Suboxone and I feel good, no pills and no cravings or aches and pains (which I find unbearable) I cut my 8mg 2x daily in half because it was too much, had me bed bound, MIGRANES and puking. Otherwise, NO COMPLAINTS...TRY It. I was reading these reviews last week. In denial this medicine could work so well. No longer in denial, it works. My family is so proud of me, which feels beyond GOOD.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2010 1:10 AM
Review by AnnaRister: User Rating:

My fiance has been addicted to Vicodin since he was 9 years old. He is now 23. I am so thankful that they came out with this medicine. I can remember the fight over the addiction. The sleepless nights and the shits. He was never the same after he had started treatment. He has been clean for a year and a half. Thank you so much. He can finally live free of an addiction.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2010 7:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My partner is on Suboxone. She was on heroin for ten years on and of with this tablet, her life has changed and she is slowly taking the tablet less and less (very important). When she just stopped abruptly last time, she had a relapse but is fine now.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2010 10:24 AM
Review by KCatHeart: User Rating:

THIS MEDICINE WORKS! I have been abusing opiates for almost 3 years (averaging 150-200mg of oxy/day the last year) and was at the end of my rope with despair of ever getting off of them. I cringe when I think of how much money I wasted! After trying to quit cold turkey (I lasted a day and a half) I began researching Suboxone. I waited until I was in moderate withdrawals (20 hours after last dose) to take a half a 8mg tablet. The withdrawals pretty much stopped within the hour. I still felt like I was recovering from a bad flu, but it gets better. I can't stress enough that you have to be ready to quit and to have a great plan/support to help, otherwise Suboxone will end up being there just to stop withdrawals and relapse is likely.

November 11, 2010 12:47 PM
Review by Breannaleigh: User Rating:

I was addicted to heroin and saw no way out. I couldn't go a day without using, no matter who I stole from or who I lied too, I just needed my fix. I went to a 5 day detox that the state paid for and I got Suboxone. Within 30 minutes, I was out of bed, the vomiting stopped, the pain stopped, my anxiety decreased. It truly is a miracle that I can sit here today and have the option to use heroin, but choose not to. The only negative side effect I am currently dealing with is constipation.

November 10, 2010 11:28 AM
Review by Colby D: User Rating:

Much more effective than methadone for getting clean if you can afford it or have insurance.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 1, 2010 10:53 PM
Review by brittn6: User Rating:

I'm 24 have 3 children 4, 3, 11 months. I have been addicted to pain killers since I was 21, and I had to get off of it. My kids where suffering and my whole family. I found a great doctor and she gave me Suboxone. I have never felt better in my whole life. I'm so much happier. I don't spend my whole day looking 4 my next dose. I spend that time with my kids and my husband is way happier.

October 24, 2010 11:16 PM
Review by StarJR:

For those of you who read the below comment, about how Suboxone did not work for me, please disregard it. I go tomorrow for my first dose of Suboxone, and was apprehensive of all the great reviews, and quite honestly didn't believe they could all be true. I thought this site might have some sort of bias, and only post positive comments, so I decided to try to post a negative one. Apparently, there is no bias, as my negative (yet untrue) comment seems to have posted. Please disregard it. I will leave a real review in a few days, after I have started the Suboxone. Sorry for wasting your time, but I have a much greater peace of mind now, knowing that all comments (good and bad alike) are being posted on this site. Thanks!

October 20, 2010 11:29 PM
Review by StarJR:

This medicine did not help me. I have been addicted to opiates for over 14 years and it did not help me with any withdrawals whatsoever. I had read all of the positive comments, and was so excited to try this new miracle medication. But it did not work. Still stuck on pain pills.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 19, 2010 9:51 PM
Review by greygirl: User Rating:

I am not having any (-) side effects, and it is working really good for me!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 16, 2010 3:31 PM
Review by topsniper: User Rating:

I started taking Vicodin in 1995. Eventually I started taking Norco and Oxycodones by the handful. After 15 years I would rather live in pain than live in the opiate hell I had created. I tried the "rapid detox" program my doctor offered. It's kind of funny that a pain management MD would give you opiates for years and then try to sell you a $25k rapid detox service. Thank goodness I discovered Suboxone and a good doctor. I started at 8mg and I have tapered down to 2mg. I feel better and better every day. You have to want to be clean but the Suboxone will help more than anything available. The best part is you feel so much better after your very first dose, more energy, a better outlook and it works.

October 15, 2010 4:11 AM
Review by WickdEye: User Rating:

Suboxone is a "MIRACLE" and has saved my life from abusing prescription painkillers for 3 years. I was taking up to twelve 10mg Percocets everyday for those 3 years and thought I could never escape the "percs". I finally found the BEST doctor in the world who actually listens and cares about my situation and started me on Suboxone and now I've been clean for over a year and never had cravings for Percocets while taking Suboxone. Suboxone lets me live my life feeling not "high" but normal. Now 10/9/10 there is Suboxone Film and its outstanding. Works so much better than the orange tablets.

October 9, 2010 1:58 AM
Review by kelly446290: User Rating:

I'm 25 years old and have been a addict for almost 7 years now. I got the addiction from taking painkillers my doctor gave me after have a gastric bypass. I was 17 years old and did not know pain killers were so addictive. Ever since then I have been through hell. It changed me as a person and drove me and my family apart. I have tried so many things to get me off of them. I went to rehab 1 time and cold turkey stopped taking them a few times. I went right back. Finally I tried the Suboxone, THIS MEDICINE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I'm back to the old me. I also have gained my families trust back. I feel like a normal person and I never think about any kind of drugs anymore.

October 5, 2010 11:13 AM
Review by PROGRAMER: User Rating:

Today is my first day on suboxone. I have to say this drug is a life saver. I was taking 20-25 tabs/percocets a day for 3 years. I have been wanting to get off them for a long time. After reading all the posts on here I finally got the guts to just go do it. So far I haven't had any side effects with it and I fell great. If you have a problem I promise this will help you get your life back. I was spending all my paychecks and doing whatever I needed to do to get them. Finally I am done chasing it and it feels great. You wont regret it. Good luck.

September 27, 2010 7:51 PM
Review by crazybill64: User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone since the medicine became available. I was born in Bridgeport, a big city and plenty of drugs. I have been an addict since I was 15 years old. I was addicted to heroin for 10 years and ruined my life. I've done prison time in 4 different states over the years and thought for sure drugs would be the death of me but then came this medicine and my life has changed. I'm a human being again and totally drug free. I owe it all to this medicine or I would no doubt be DEAD.

September 21, 2010 2:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been in and out of an addiction until this. I take one a day and am amazed by the feeling of not wanting opiates.

August 30, 2010 3:14 AM
Review by goodolewvgirl: User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone now for exactly a year. I became addicted to pain pills after my doctor started handing them out like they were candy for my cramps. Needless to say the withdraws were horrible. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I didn't want to get out of bed, and was just not the person I used to be. The first day I took Suboxone I felt 100% better. I had some headaches the first couple of days of taking it, but those went away.

August 27, 2010 1:26 PM
Review by GratefulInNashville: User Rating:

Many rehabs, hundreds of relapses, could NOT STOP TAKING PAIN PILLS, until Suboxone. This medicine saved my life, hands down. If ever there was a 'miracle drug', this is it. Very important to get a Doctor you like, as not all Doctors can prescribe it. Try this medicine if you are hooked on painkillers.

August 13, 2010 5:22 PM
Review by XrxHead86: User Rating:

As long as you follow the doctor's instructions when the time comes to ween off this medicine, you will truly feel VERY, VERY Little withdrawal symptoms, IF ANY! THIS MEDICINE SAVED MY LIFE (And my bank account now that I can actually care about that again). Not only did I go from spending $40 dollars(Easily) on either Roxi's, Oxy's, or Heroin per day to approximately $3.33 a day (for 4MG of SUBOXONE), BUT in my opinion THE GREATEST EFFECT is that I FINALLY feel like the OLD ME! As in the ME before I ever started doing drugs. I'm happy, I'm playful, and Witty again.

August 9, 2010 10:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This drug saved my life and my marriage!

August 7, 2010 3:26 AM