User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Works great for chronic pain."

Anonymous January 30, 2012

"If I could clean the guy's toilet who invented Suboxone with my toothbrush everyday I would. I took Suboxone for two years because that's how long I felt I needed it for. I have been clean for almost seven years, clean and sober. My only advice is to go to a 12 step program as well. Suboxone is not a crutch. It only takes away the physical cravings. The behavior needs to still be modified. Addiction is a cunning, baffling and powerful disease. Thanks to Suboxone and a 12 step program I bought a house, am in grad school and love my family and friends."

Sober&Happy January 26, 2012

"Suboxone is a life saver. I have been addicted off and on for years with pain killers, and this has made me feel like a free man again. "

T boy January 13, 2012

"As a alternative to methadone this wins hands down. No severe withdrawals and minimum side effects if you are lookin to do opiate withdrawal this has got to be a serious contender. Good luck all."

not a user anymore :) January 11, 2012

"I have been using Suboxone since Sept 2010. I had 21 years clean thru N.A. and A.A. due to an amphetamine addiction in my youth. Due to health problems (back injury) my doctor started me on hydrocodone, Xanax and Soma. One day I realized that my life was going nowhere. I could not function throughout the day without my medication. I seemed to be right back in my addiction. I since have started the Suboxone therapy and for me, it has been not only the means to get back on track without OPIATES, MUSCLE RELAXERS, and ANTI DEPRESSANTS. I personally believe not enough is said about the pain relief this medication brings, but also the anti depressant qualities the medication has as well. Take action."

MuchBettrnow December 29, 2011

"It's my first time on this medication and I must tell you that I experience no cravings at all for the heroin. Now its time to get off of the Suboxone!"

Anonymous December 26, 2011

"Started 8mg of Suboxone 6 months ago. Tapered down over last 6 months to 1 mg by cutting the Suboxone 2mg film in half. Suboxone is amazing and does everything it says. Make sure you do it with a doctor. The withdrawal symptoms are not fun for at least a week, I am on day 5. Chills flu like symptoms, anxiety, insomnia, headache, nausea loss of appetite among symptoms. First day I'm feeling better and haven't used Oxy in half year. Take some Tylenol, some Ativan. All helped me now I'm off it."

Jligs December 18, 2011

"I have been on opiates since 1992. I became addicted. As addictions go there is a progression. The more I took the more by body wanted. They just were not working any more. I need more and more to get rid of the pain until I realized the medication was causing the pain increase. I almost died from using the opiates and could not get off them. I finally was rushed to emergency where they did not think I would make it. But for the grace of God and this wonderful doctor my life was spared. I was prescribed Suboxone. With the Suboxone, I finally feel normal and the pain from my back is managed. "

densy December 18, 2011

"I had a MIRACULOUS recovery in 1996 from Kaposi's Sarcoma when treated with Doxil. This was in the early days of Doxil (and all liposomal chemos) was only approved for Secondary Treatment Options. Conventional chemo (AVB) did nothing; Doxil completely eradicated the neoplasms. It also left me with NASTY throbbing pain in the arches of my feet which never completely went away. I was hooked on so many opiates (both for the pain and the mental anxiety relief they provided) that I didn't even realize I was an addict until I ran out of Percocet one dark day. 16 years later, the foot pain returned. My doctor prescribed 2mg Suboxone and I have my life back. Unorthodox, but legal and no longer a junkie. No "highs", no pain, and GRATITUDE."

AONEMADMANSHOW December 15, 2011

"This works well if taken as needed like any other for serious pain sustained from injuries. I give it a ten, works for me."

Harmony Balance November 12, 2011

"Alert: Suboxone is incredibly effective at helping with opiate detox in the short term. However, it is very easy to become dependent on the Suboxone. Try and only use Suboxone for 4-6 days and deal with the remaining withdrawals. "

Heroin/Free October 16, 2011

"I was addicted to any pain pill I could get my hands on for three years. I found Suboxone and it helped me a lot but my experience with my doctor was horrible. I missed a doctors appointment one time and they punished me by making me wait three days for my prescription when I asked what I was supposed to do they told me to pretty much find means till my next doctors appointment. When I asked my doctor to start lowering my doses so I could get off of the Suboxone he told me that I would be back on pills as soon as I could get the chance and then cut me off cold Turkey. I have been pill and Suboxone free for three years. Suboxone is a great rehab option but having a great doctor is just as important."

peyton0915 October 4, 2011

"I had it all. Everything people dream of was mine but I lost it all when I started doing Roxy's. Once was all it took for me to take many oxycodone 30s as I could get my hands on for 3 years. I tried to stop by myself, went to rehab, meetings, counseling, everything. During these 3 years I went from being a loving daughter, sister and friend to a monster. I have been on Suboxone since 4/20/11 and that was the day my life changed. I feel like a normal person again. There is a price to my happiness though I have headaches, am tired very often and experience extreme constipation from the Suboxone. If that's all I have to go through to be the person I am now than that's fine. Suboxone literally saved my life."

Ashley-Peaches September 26, 2011

"I had been on Oxycodone for 4 years until yesterday for a back injury which I am still awaiting surgery. I was taking anywhere from 100mg to 200mg per day. After several attempts to quit "cold turkey", the withdrawal symptoms were pure hell and I would reach for the pill bottle again. I was taking my pain medicines as prescribed even. OXycodone was beginning to cause a serious problem and were taking so much of my life away. I talked to my wife and she found a doctor who was certified with the Suboxone treatment. 36 hours after beginning the Suboxone I feel great! My pain is manageable and my thought process is so much clearer. I thank Heavenly Father, my wife, and my doctor. Highly recommended."

WyoBear September 21, 2011

"Great help on stopping pain medicines. This works wonders if taken right."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

"Hydrocodone ruled my life for the past 6 years. I started Suboxone treatment with 8mg dose 30 days ago. The medicine works great for avoiding the major Norco withdrawal that I was so terrified of. Half a day ago I quit cold turkey off of 2mg Suboxone. The withdrawal was still pretty bad but not nearly as bad as the Norco. Good luck out there everybody. It is possible to live opiate free."

backstabber August 21, 2011

"I had total knee replacement in 2010 and need one in my left knee too and was convinced I could not stop taking Percocet because of pain. My addiction was full blown and I was taking up to 10 pills a day. Suboxone helped me end the nightmare. I weaned down from 8mg to 2mg in 5 months. This is my third day off of 2mg and I feel some symptoms but I know it won't last. I learned to exercise with the Suboxone and take care of my body. Be strong and take care."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

"If used as directed this medication works great. I have been taking the 8mg/2 mg 3 x a day for over 4 years and never had any problems. It works great for withdrawal and maintenance."

john-narducci August 6, 2011

"This medicine has got me off herion after a 10 year battle. I am clean and have been clean since taking it. Who cares what people say if you are an addict get on Suboxone. "

Anonymous August 5, 2011

"Day One. Since I had my son, via c-section, 4 years ago, I have been addicted to pain pills. What started out as something to take away my pain, turned into a full blown addiction. At my worst I was taking about 60mg/day worth of pain pills, and today I started Suboxone. Since it is my first day, I can't say it has changed my life, but for right now, I can say I do feel better. It did take away the cravings and withdrawal symptoms, but I think it is too soon to say how long this will last. I hope this will help to rid myself of this nasty opiate addiction."

NotQuiteSober July 31, 2011

"I take Suboxone for opiate dependence. I spent 3 long years addicted to pain medication .. where I was going to get my next fix is all I could think of. Opiates destroyed my life. I went to my doctor and told him everything and he suggested that I start Suboxone therapy. That was the best day of my life! Virtually overnight I felt like I had never taken pain medicines in my life. I felt like myself again. This medication is AMAZING ...it CAN and WILL save your life."

Anonymous July 28, 2011

"Suboxone has proved to save my life as well as many others! I have been on the Suboxone treatment program going on a year, before I started this program I was a regular user of opioids (of any kind and/or quantity). When first starting Suboxone I found I had no withdrawal symptoms when taken as my doctor prescribed. Throughout my treatment program, weekly and daily support as well as monthly check-ups with my doctor have been very beneficial! Life has it's ups and downs as always, but I no longer have to use because of them. I have not used opioids since I started this program. Thanks to Suboxone I have my life back, in full."

Dillingerescapeplan July 5, 2011

"I was in a horrible car accident, and the Doctor in ER prescribed me Oxycontin. This medication helped the pain in my back but, it came with a price. After about a year, my dose kept going up, and up, and up because my body would get used to the dose and it would never be enough. Pretty soon, I found myself wanting to take any opiates. For example, oxycodone, anything with codeine in it, morphine. I didn't realize how fast my dependency to opiates became my life. So, finally, I was prescribed Methadone. It worked out great in the beginning. Then I found myself wanting that, "high". So I would take an opiate on top of it. Finally, I am on Suboxone. It doesn't give you that high! I don't "Need", anything else!! Thanks!"

Amber Foster July 3, 2011

"I want to thank everyone for posting their experiences on this site. While I have been reading everyone's posts for weeks, I have never shared. I abused perks and morphine for over 5 years. I finally got the strength to find a doctor that is certified to prescribe Suboxone about 2 weeks ago. Appointment was yesterday at 7:30 AM, a few hours before I would be in full blown withdrawal. I took My first dose at 5:30 PM and in less than an hour felt like a new person. It took away all my withdrawal symptoms without making me feel groggy. It has only been a day, but I feel hope. I can't remember the last time I felt hope."

Sand325 June 29, 2011

"I was a Roxy (heroin) abuser for 2 yrs. Made several attempts to quit cold turkey with NO luck and HELLACIOUS withdrawals. Desperate I did some research, made an appointment with local doctor and was inducted today at 15mg. Some helpful/honest things I can share are...GOOD: I feel amazing, shocked that it really works, zero cravings, but mostly happy I'm no longer a slave to Roxy's! BAD: Not sure if my doctor shares same plan I have for wanting to ween off in 6-8 wks. No insurance and my doctor charges $500/month fee, plus taking (2) 8mg pills/day @ $16=$980/mo. Wish there was cheaper way but obviously compared to what I was spending I am saving money and most importantly MY LIFE."

SeasTheDay June 14, 2011