User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by kitkatkatie13:

I will say that Suboxone did help me get off pain killers. I was addicted to oxy's for 3 years, taking over 25 a day. And the day I started Suboxone it helped from the start. I didn't have any withdrawals or nothing.

March 10, 2011 12:59 AM

Review by jennifer070:

I started taking Suboxone about five months ago. I was in awful shape from doing every pain pill imaginable. I found a great doctor who was so strict to guide me in the right direction. I have never been over 8 mg, I wanted to stay low. The main thing with this medicine is that it can be a miracle for a person who really wants to turn their life around or it can be something to hold you over. I chose to turn my life around. I go to a therapist every other week and meetings four times a week. I love my new life and thanks so much to Suboxone. I won't be on it forever but regardless of how much it cost its a lot cheaper than being in active addiction.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2011 8:02 PM

The best medicine to help quit opiates. It's the Nicorette for opiate addiction.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2011 1:53 AM

Review by freenow:

I took it for one week. No withdrawals at all zero. Have not taken anything in 2 weeks and have gotten my life back. No cravings nothing. Just take it and get your life back!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2011 5:49 AM

Review by lifes back:

Well I have seen my husband going down and down further this past year after our second child, we needed a change before our marriage was over. He was taking Percocet 30mg 4-5 a day. Suboxone has helped so much. Just after a month he is back in our lives.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2011 12:45 AM

I am taking 2-80mg time released Oxys and 4-30 mg IR Oxys a day, if I have more I will take more, always run out before my refill. I have been on pain killers for 12-14 years, can't remember for sure. I am married with kids and own a business. I am thinking its time to get my life back. Three spinal surgeries is what got me started. I don't have any energy and for the most part don't feel good. I work six days a week but other than that I do nothing. I am happy to see others getting the help they need, I hope you all can stay clean. Good luck.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2011 3:10 PM

Review by humble4ever:

Wow...too bad that I didn't know anything about this awesome medicine when I lost my brother to pain killers and sleeping pills but I'm sure that he's looking down on all of us and he can rest in peace because we all made a decision not to be visiting him any time soon thanks to a new hope of a beautiful life I once had. I felt my brothers pain, it was not easy. We were all feeling his pain but now finally we are free.

January 15, 2011 12:24 PM

Review by shellywoodIsBack:

part II: Rock bottom and tried to go cold turkey but couldn't do it. I looked into other rehab and the only thing I could afford/qualify for was methadone treatment which actually didn't work for me. I had read about Suboxone but couldn't afford it until November 2010 when I got insurance! Suboxone is great, it doesn't completely take the withdrawals but it is 1000 times better than cold turkey or methadone. I have my life back. I just wish it wasn't so hard/expensive to get on. This needs to be made more available. It is great to be back. (You have to be ready to stop and do need counseling to help with addiction because 99% of the time there are other issues behind the addiction.

January 15, 2011 6:56 AM

Review by Peakclover62:

UPDATE: I originally posted on Nov 16th 2010 that on Jan 3rd 2011 will be 3 YEARS CLEAN. WELL I MADE IT! No relapses. Not one OPIATE has passed through these lips since I started on the Suboxone. And I no longer have to LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, and MANIPULATE my family and friends to support a 30-50 pills/day Vicidon ES habit. If you're on the fence about Suboxone take the leap....you'll have nothing to regret. You'll be able to mend your mind and your soul and your relationships and get YOUR LIFE BACK.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2011 3:07 PM

Review by one day at a time:

Been using for 4 years. Tried cold turkey, got through it and went back. First day of Suboxone and its great. Have my energy without needing the pills and no withdrawals. Definitely recommend.

January 13, 2011 1:31 AM

Review by feelgreat:

I've been on painkillers for 16 years. I started Suboxone about 1 year now and I feel great. It helped me get my life back together. I'm getting my kids back now, have my own home and most of all have a wonderful husband who stood by my side through all this and never gave up on me or us. So please if you really want help and your life back try Suboxone, it's a life saver. I pray for anyone and everyone whos ever been an addict. Hope this works for you.

January 8, 2011 11:15 AM

Review by runnindawg:

Suboxone was great for my opiate dependence. I was using 160 mg oxy daily and really wanted to be free from its painful grip that it had on me. I tried quitting cold turkey but couldn't stand the withdrawal symptoms. So I went to a doctor and got on Suboxone. Things were great until I started tapering off of it and eventually quit. The withdrawal was not as painful as opiate withdrawal but lasted a lot longer. Day 3 was when it began mostly when trying to sleep, cold sweats, the kicks, could not sleep at all. Day 7 now and I have not slept more than 2 hours a night yet. I have read posts on other sites and everyone else has had the same problems. I hear day 10 is when it starts to get better, and that it takes about 2 weeks before its over.

December 28, 2010 2:01 PM

I've been addicted to painkillers of all kinds since 1998 when I first hurt my back. I would use up my prescription and then begin to steal them off of my husband who also took them. I then would buy them and spending an amazing amount on them it sickens me to think about how much. I started Suboxone 3 days ago and feel amazing no withdrawal and no cravings. I would recommend to anyone with an opiate addiction.

December 26, 2010 12:08 AM

You are all inspiring. Two years clean today thanks to Suboxone. It started when I was 22. I had 3 ruptured discs and basically over the next 5 years became completely dependent on pills. The last year I was using my life revolved around pills and fear of going without. I became another person. My life was a lie. I reached my breaking point and I found Suboxone started at 12 mgs. It's been two years and now I am at 2 mgs going off next month. Suboxone gave me the time to heal. I just got married and can't wait to have a baby. My back is still painful but nothing like the pain I was living in with pills.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2010 6:06 PM

Review by jnm:

I am 22yrs old. When I first started taking pain pills I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Before I knew it I was addicted. I was letting it control me and my decisions and putting it first. I forgot what it felt like to just be normal until a friend told me about Suboxone which saved my life. I am the happiest I've been in a long time. This was a lesson learned.

December 10, 2010 5:56 PM

Review by Tara c.:

I was addicted to pain killers of all and any kind for 6 years to the point where I tried heroin. Then I met a life-saving Doctor who told me about Suboxone and I was put on that medication and I have been clean for 3 MONTHS. I feel good about my life now and it's like all my troubles are gone. I am 21 yrs old and I graduated high school and now am applying for college! I wanted to give a special thanks to the Suboxone program people. Once again thanks.

December 9, 2010 6:13 PM

Review by finally free 7:

I was addicted to pain killers for so many years I can't remember. Day after day I always was looking for my next fix. Late for work or couldn't make it in, upon other things. Life was a struggle with not knowing where to turn. Finally I decided to look for a doctor who gave me the Suboxone. I am at work everyday and on time. The people around me notice a change and I feel great. I will be married in one week and have never been happier. So if you are reading this and wondering if this could work for you, I say yes. If it worked for me a hopeless junkie then I know it can work you.

December 7, 2010 7:01 PM

Review by CantWT:

I'm a 28 yr old mom and wife who was addicted to prescribed vic's & perc's for the past 2 years, taking about 60-100mg's a day to feel "OK". After running out of my pills in 10 days or less...I'd be in agony but would always find ways to get through the days with people I knew who had/sold them. I hated my life which once was GREAT. Found a new doctor..today is day 3 of Suboxone and I feel good, no pills and no cravings or aches and pains (which I find unbearable) I cut my 8mg 2x daily in half because it was too much, had me bed bound, MIGRANES and puking. Otherwise, NO COMPLAINTS...TRY It. I was reading these reviews last week. In denial this medicine could work so well. No longer in denial, it works. My family is so proud of me, which feels beyond GOOD.

December 7, 2010 1:10 AM

Review by AnnaRister:

My fiance has been addicted to Vicodin since he was 9 years old. He is now 23. I am so thankful that they came out with this medicine. I can remember the fight over the addiction. The sleepless nights and the shits. He was never the same after he had started treatment. He has been clean for a year and a half. Thank you so much. He can finally live free of an addiction.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2010 7:16 PM

My partner is on Suboxone. She was on heroin for ten years on and of with this tablet, her life has changed and she is slowly taking the tablet less and less (very important). When she just stopped abruptly last time, she had a relapse but is fine now.

December 3, 2010 10:24 AM

Review by KCatHeart:

THIS MEDICINE WORKS! I have been abusing opiates for almost 3 years (averaging 150-200mg of oxy/day the last year) and was at the end of my rope with despair of ever getting off of them. I cringe when I think of how much money I wasted! After trying to quit cold turkey (I lasted a day and a half) I began researching Suboxone. I waited until I was in moderate withdrawals (20 hours after last dose) to take a half a 8mg tablet. The withdrawals pretty much stopped within the hour. I still felt like I was recovering from a bad flu, but it gets better. I can't stress enough that you have to be ready to quit and to have a great plan/support to help, otherwise Suboxone will end up being there just to stop withdrawals and relapse is likely.

November 11, 2010 12:47 PM

Review by Breannaleigh:

I was addicted to heroin and saw no way out. I couldn't go a day without using, no matter who I stole from or who I lied too, I just needed my fix. I went to a 5 day detox that the state paid for and I got Suboxone. Within 30 minutes, I was out of bed, the vomiting stopped, the pain stopped, my anxiety decreased. It truly is a miracle that I can sit here today and have the option to use heroin, but choose not to. The only negative side effect I am currently dealing with is constipation.

November 10, 2010 11:28 AM

Review by Colby D:

Much more effective than methadone for getting clean if you can afford it or have insurance.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2010 10:53 PM

Review by brittn6:

I'm 24 have 3 children 4, 3, 11 months. I have been addicted to pain killers since I was 21, and I had to get off of it. My kids where suffering and my whole family. I found a great doctor and she gave me Suboxone. I have never felt better in my whole life. I'm so much happier. I don't spend my whole day looking 4 my next dose. I spend that time with my kids and my husband is way happier.

October 24, 2010 11:16 PM

Review by StarJR:

For those of you who read the below comment, about how Suboxone did not work for me, please disregard it. I go tomorrow for my first dose of Suboxone, and was apprehensive of all the great reviews, and quite honestly didn't believe they could all be true. I thought this site might have some sort of bias, and only post positive comments, so I decided to try to post a negative one. Apparently, there is no bias, as my negative (yet untrue) comment seems to have posted. Please disregard it. I will leave a real review in a few days, after I have started the Suboxone. Sorry for wasting your time, but I have a much greater peace of mind now, knowing that all comments (good and bad alike) are being posted on this site. Thanks!

October 20, 2010 11:29 PM