User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 6)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Has made dealing with opiate dependency more manageable."

mbd63 October 28, 2013

"I'm so grateful for getting control of my life after 13 years maybe more of opiate abuse! Only 2 days no urge whatsoever."

YOYO.E October 13, 2013

"I'd been taking eight or nine Norcos a day for almost a year when I started Suboxone two days ago. So, my habit wasn't as bad as many here, but it was bad enough that I knew the agony of withdrawal very well. To my surprise, Suboxone has not only erased my withdrawal symptoms almost entirely (with the exception of minor headaches here and there), but it's also helped with craving my old pills at all. But I think the best part has to be feeling my soul lighten again. I was depressed for months and months on those pills. They are, after all, a depressant. Since I started Suboxone yesterday morning I've felt like myself again. A gray pall of sadness has been lifted. Two things: it tastes dreadful and causes fatigue. Otherwise great!"

CelesteTalbert September 15, 2013

"I have been addicted to morphine since I was 16. I am 31 now, three years ago I got on Suboxone and never used again. This is a miracle. "

Tweenie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2013

"I first started on Vicodin 9 years ago. Well, I eventually became a full blown addict on other things. Started Suboxone 5 days ago and finally feel life coming back in to this empty shell I called my body. Fell into withdrawal the first dose because I took it too soon but 5 days later and I'm feeling great. Sleeping has been a little difficult as well. It felt great to come home from work today and know that the money I made will be going to something that was slowly killing me. Thank you Suboxone."

gregee August 29, 2013

"I have been on Suboxone since January 14, 2013. I started on 16 mgs a day and now am down to 6 mgs a day. These strips have saved me life and the lives of a few of my friends. The only side effect I have on these is that I can't sleep if I take it too late in the morning. My insurance covers the cost except for a 25$ copay. 25$ is nothing compared to what I was spending a month. I have no cravings or pain and this allows me to live my life to the fullest and enjoy my beautiful children. This is a great way to come out of pain pill addiction and start your life over."

From-the-Rez (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2013

"I'm trying this medication for the first time, and I think it has been the most affective thing to stop my cravings, and the horrible withdrawal symptoms. Thank you for this medicine!"

Ashley8887 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2013

"I started doing painkillers about 9 years ago, started taking a hydrocodone every now and again recreationally and ended up taking 80mg of Oxycontin and 40mg Opana. Anyone can quit with Suboxone. Saved my life, miracle pill."

Mike Oxlong (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 30, 2013

"On 600mg oxycodone 120mg methadone daily for 3 yrs. Last two yrs 16 mg Suboxone a day. Feel great. Saved my life."

rjmonkey (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2013

"Unreal, changes life in a day. Has some side effects, insomnia for me, but only way to change quickly with minimal withdrawal. Becomes more mental (physical dependency is gone), I think can take a lot less than is recommended. Really it can be done with 24mg in my opinion. Was taking 5/6 30mg oxycodone, 80mg Oxycontin. Before using Suboxone I went down on the quantity of oxycodone, best argument for continuation is relapse prevention."

jetblu July 22, 2013

"SUBOXONE TREATMENT SAVED MY LIFE! After 3 years of praying to get off VicodinES (2-4 pills daily), I found Suboxone. I had no withdrawal symptoms, felt great the whole 4 months of taking it. I only needed to use 2mg per day (1mg in the am., 1mg in the pm.). I did experience extreme constipation, but that orange fiber drink helped a lot. I am so grateful for this, and feel so sorry for those who had stressful stories about it."

serene one July 19, 2013

"This is great for getting off any prescription meds. I was addicted to pain killers, then started suboxone. Wow. Works great. Still a little discomfort coming off the suboxone, but nothing like trying to stop straight from pain killers. If you really want to get off pain killers, this is it. But don't be a fool and use pain killers and then use subozone as a back up, you will never get better. You must be willing to stop all pain killers for good, 1 year later I took a pain killer and threw me into withdrawals."

WOODY D (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2013

"I was severely hooked on opiates for about seven years. I started out on Lortabs and eventually got to where I was taking ten ten milligrams at one time up to thirty a day. I got the brilliant idea to ween myself off of them by buying methadone on the street. Long story short I got worse on the methadone than I was before. After several failed attempts getting sober by going to rehab I found a doctor who prescribed me Suboxone 16 mg a day back in 2006. "

Mojo rosin (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2013

"I been taking Oxycodone 10mg since 2009. I told my Dr. I wanted to get off those. I have been on Suboxone for four days and I feel great. "

Octobr (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2013

"Following a car accident in May 2012, I developed an addiction to Norco, Percocet and Fentanyl. I recently entered a detox program to get off the pain meds. While there, I was given Suboxone. Within 2 days, I knew something was wrong. I am in the 5% that cannot take this medicine. My blood pressure soared, my heart rate reached a high of 143, my metabolism shot through the roof creating a buzzing feeling over my entire body. The scariest side effect was a drastic, abnormal weight loss (17 pounds in 4 days). "

Puffy's mom (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

"Suboxone saved my life. I was on 300mg oxycodone everyday for over a year and before I took 200mg Norco for years. I lost everything, savings, friends, cars, and borrowed and lied to everyone I know. I said enough is enough and got on Suboxone. I take 1 x 8mg a day and I have been clean for three months now. Had a buddy who stopped at the same time as me but did not go on Suboxone and he relapsed within a week. That's proof this is the only way to get of pills."

Sfg June 11, 2013

"I had 19 procedures on my lower back and four procedures on my neck. I was taking very high doses of Oxycontin and Oxycodone for ten years. I wanted to quit taking pain medicines but they got a hold of me. Now I'm on Suboxone 16 mg a day and I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm also taking Suboxone for pain management. I have more pain than I care to have but I take Motrin for break through pain. When you decide to take control of your life again then get on the Suboxone, you will not regret it. No withdrawal, no urges and no worries! Good luck and remember you can now have your life back. "

Big Mikey May 31, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on Suboxone for 5 days now! I have yet to crave a Norco. I was taking 12-15 a day for the last 2yrs. I had major back surgery. I have no complaints as of yet!"

Big mo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2013

"Taking 8mg Suboxone a day...a Life saver! Negatives for me are constipation and ridiculous amount of saliva build up in my mouth 5 to 10 mins after I place under tongue."

philly25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2013

"This is a great medication for anyone who is addicted to pain killers or benzodiazepine. I was addicted to both for years. It takes time to get yourself to go to a doctor being that you think it won't work or you can't afford it. Best thing I ever did."

elj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2013

"I spiraled out of control on pain pills about six years ago and it will be two years on this medication July 24/2010. It is taking me a little longer to wean off because I did have a relapse due to financial problems. This medicine is the best thing that can be out there for addicts. I hid it from my husband, mother, everyone that came around me. They had a slight idea that something was wrong, but since I was so mean and hateful they were all afraid to say anything to me about it in fear of what I would do. The first week of being on the medicine, my husband said that he could see a complete reversal of me and my personality. He says that he finally got his baby back."

Cosette34 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 18, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I saw opioids taking over my life, and figured I had two options: continue using and wind up dead or imprisoned, or get help. Suboxone was the help I got. My cravings to get high on anything keep going down and down. Now, I barely remember why I started doing all these in the first place. So why the 6 out of 10? It constipates me way worse than any other opioid has. That means lots of fiber, stool softeners and Activia for me. I dislike the orange taste and the way the strips numb my taste buds. I also wish it was scored, so you could accurately measure out half doses. "

arickp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2013

"I was addicted to pain killers for about 2 yrs. I lost everything, my family, my significant other, my beautiful convertible. My parents called the cops on me all the time. The pharmacist knew exactly what I was up to and would always look down on me when I would get my pills. My dr would just give me whatever I asked for, she had no idea I was abusing all these pills. Eventually I got caught and had no way of getting the pills so I decided it was time to get help. I found a Suboxone Dr and it was the best thing I have ever done. I will be clean for a year on May 8th of this year."

Diffy52589 April 8, 2013

"12 years addicted, 4 prison #s, 40 jobs at least, 6 different homes, 3 evictions, 4 children let down. My life has changed! SUBOXONE saved my life! Now active in my church and in treatment I've been clean for 8 months. PRAISE GOD."

WHO8BGDAVE March 28, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm a 41yr old female whose opiate addiction lasted 8 yrs. I had multiple surgeries, broken bones that always required some sort of pain Meds. I always took as directed until the dosage wasn't helping so I'd take more pills or ask for stronger pain pills just to ease the pain. I was taking 15 Lortabs 10mg a day and if I didn't have any I couldn't get up out of bed so when I eventually was taken off my pain pills. I explained the symptoms I have when I dont take the pain pills. He explained I was having opioid withdrawals. I was so shocked I felt awful. I didn't take pain meds for the thrill. So why me? I now only take Suboxone 8mg 2-3x daily. Results are instant! 1 year now no problems. MIRACLE AND TRULY A BLESSING.I feel normal again! "

shanmrsn (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next