User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Hooked on heroin for 5 years. Never thought I'd get off of it. Now, I'm a mother and a teacher because of suboxone. It saved my life."

Angiefeenwood (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

"Suboxone great for short detox but terrible for longterm maintenance program"

Scaredforlife May 26, 2016

"I have been on subs for 7 years and have been very successful with my family and career! Two weeks ago I decided I don't want to depend on anything but my self, well I thought...... I have been taking just a quarter strip for one year now and If I skip a day I can barely function. Called my doctor and he told me there's no withdraw..... Bullshit!!!!!!! It's been two weeks I haven't takin it and I still can't sleep at night, my back feels like it's on fire, and I just got done puking my guts out! This has been the hardest thing I have EVER had to overcome! If your serious about getting clean DO NOT take this for a long period of time! Yes it helps the cravings but not your addiction!"

Nogood4 u May 16, 2016

"OK love you all first off but can't believe what I am reading, people saying opiate withdraws are three days lmao. You are not even dependent on them then. I've been to day 25 and felt worse than day three. The shits cramps no sleep every muscle and bones hurt can't eat lost 20 pounds. And none of it is in your head no shrink can help your pain how stupid. Couldn't even possibly make it to a shrink. And I have a degree in chemical dependency drug counseling. Its a joke. Helps no one. Now on to suboxone sure it keeps you from opiate withdrawals but its ten times worse to kick post accute withdrawals from suboxone can last up to two years. You can never get off it it could kill you for real. No one on box is even close to out of hot water"

Joe dirt (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2016

"Every person has a different experience. I have noticed that it works for people who want it to work. If you're not ready, it won't work. The experience I'm having is that I am not ready to come off of it do to back injury. If you're ready it will work and probably save your life. Don't be another statistic"

Sick and Twisted (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2016

"Ok, I've been an opiate addict for 11 years. First it was Hydrocodone, 80mg daily, for 2.5 years. Second it was Oxycodone, 160mg daily, for 3 years. Third it was Heroin, smoking 1g daily, for 1.5 years. Then it was Methadone, 120mg daily, for 4 years. I got myself into a 5 star rehab. They got me down to 35mg of methadone first, then switched me to Suboxone. It was a life saver. Amazing drug. I'm now Narcotics free. Thank you TONS Suboxone.. You gave me my family and life back."

Buprenorphine_8mg (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2016

"Helps"

Tom50 April 23, 2016

"I've been on it for 6 months. My 2nd time and I've had real heroin clean time before without sub maintance. I still have cravings on subs and I hate being on them. I need meetings and a sponsor but feel like a fraud so I don't go and when I rarely do I share in a meeting and break down crying. I know the horrific withdrawals I had the last time I got off sub maintance and it led to relapse a week later so I'm so terrified. I feel stuck and trapped in a corner n have crazy thoughts like going and buying to bundle of heroin to get off the suboxon but then I'm afraid I probably won't stop the heroin n will have to go to detox n rehab and now I have a 10 month old daughter so that's not an option. I can't risk getting off of it n hate bein on it"

withdrawlworstthanheroin April 2, 2016

"This drug saved my life... All complaints aside, this time s a miracle drug, BUT, long term results vary depending on one's commitment to sobtiey. I've been taking Sub's on/off for five years. This MED had 2 basic function for me: Kept me "well" until more opiates are refilled/acquired & gave me the opportunity to shuffle my priorities so that opiates were no longer a priority. It took time for me to mature and commit to the lifestyle changes I needed so badly. Bottom line, this drug alone won't keep u clean m, but if you combine a regimen of support groups, commitment, and this medication I truly believe anyone can get off opiates. Good Luck. Side effects: constipation, long term reduced energy. "

WyseguyCA (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

"I started taking Suboxone (Bupe/Naloxone) 8mg strips 6 months ago, and now I am down to 4mg. Trust me when I tell you that this drug will save your life if you have an opiate addiction, but you must follow your doc's orders. I was snorting 5-10 30 mg oxycodone's (roxi's) a day, and heroin when desperate. Opiates ruined my life I lost EVERYTHING! Now I am back in college full-time, and got my life back. If you are dealing with opiate addiction do yourself a favor, and make an appointment with a Suboxone doctor, and seek out counseling. This drug works if taken responsibly."

Tbizzle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

"If your reading this I know what your going thru. With or without medication therapy if you can make it to your 4th 24hours without using, you're out of the woods. I saw so many success stories posted here, you can do it too! Trust me don't give up. You're going to feel completely nuts for the first 3 days if ur going cold turkey - when u get to day 4 your good as new. If ur going the sub. route once you take your last bump or shoot that last shot of H. If u can just hold on for about a minimum of 16hrs from your last dose which should put u at about moderate withdrawal.. think of it as the last time you,ll EVER have to feel like this. Wait 16-18hrs (preferably 18hrs) then put that suboxone under your tounge n lay down. 10-20min later ur 100% golden"

lovetrumps March 29, 2016

"This medication has changed my life! Welcome world :)"

Cheryl from Maine March 21, 2016

"Let me put to rest the biggest misconception about Suboxone. You've all heard or have said it before. "With Suboxone, I'm just trading one addiction for another." That's WRONG and I'll tell you why. An addiction is a compulsive behavior that we do and continue to do despite HARMFUL CONSEQUENCES. I was addicted to heroin for a couple of years. My life was going down the tubes. I was suffering consequences left and right, but I kept using. Now lets talk about DEPENDENCE. We are dependent on a substance where if we STOP taking it, we will have harmful consequences. A diabetic is dependent on their insulin, if they don't take it they could get very sick. If I stop my Suboxone, I could suffer bad consequences. Kapeesh?"

Rdphish73 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 18, 2016

"I was on methadone for 10 yrs quitting cold turkey at 80mg in Dec 2015. I lasted about 4 days then started using heroin again. Jan 2 I went into detox, got out the 10th and was still in wds from the methadone. Went 3 weeks struggling really bad, started shooting again then finally gave suboxone a try 1 week ago. I feel amazing besides the constant sweats I get. Methadone withdrawal is the worst wd I ever experienced. I know I'm not looking to come off suboxone. I know for me that I will always need "something". If I can take a legally prescribed medication that will help me not to shoot heroin and make my life unmanageable then I will continue to take it. So far suboxone has done good by me, why would I stop it."

franc1ne73 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

"suboxone got me off of painkillers but left me addicted to it and my doctor wanted to keep me on it so I had to stop cold turkey on my own after being on it for 5 and 1/2 years. withdrawal was bad for about a week but some symptoms lasted a couple of months, but it was worth it because now I am my normal self again and much happier. It's now been over a year and I don't even think about it anymore.If I had known more about suboxone I would have just quit painkillers without it."

ac clark March 2, 2016

"This medication saved every aspect of my life! I am so thankful I took the steps necessary to get treatment. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get off of opioids and get their life back! Truly amazing stuff! Thank you!!!"

batchie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

"Suboxone saved my life and sanity. I also had health issues and received heavy doses of opiates and became a full blown addict. I don't know how many times I overdosed on medication. 20 years of addiction I don't know how I survived but by the grace of God. I started suboxone in 2005. It saved my life! I have a good life, I have an awesome life now. This medication not only helps with pain but I took away any desire to drink! I have not drank since 2007! One reason I started with the pills was to get alcohol under control! I still take suboxone. I really feel they need to make this free for anyone who has an addiction. After all these drug company have made $$$ I am so very grateful that I am able to have this."

Audreegene February 7, 2016

"2nd try with suboxone.."

m.e.g.731 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

"Was on percocets and norcos almost 16 years went to pain management was given suboxone was off all opiates in a week very little withdrawal, 6 -7 week program ...."

Mrseek (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

"Hello again. Please read my previous entry. I started suboxone on monday at 1pm after 26 hours of clean time. The first 24 hours was rough but nonwhere near a cold turkey exprience. I stayed with a friend for support. Maybe got 3 hours sleep. The second 24 hours was marginally better. Stayed with a friend again. Near no sleep. The 3rd 24 hours was better still. I was still hurting but made it with little to no sleep at a friends. Today, the 4th 24 hours I'm pretty much ok. A real miracle. I got some work done and socialised a bit even. It's 1230 am now. Sleep isn't an option yet. So I hope that helps. By the way I am on 2-8mg tabs per day. Oh, drink LOTS of fluids. Good luck. You can do it!"

Marto/Guitarist January 29, 2016

"I'm currently on my third day of detox from suboxone. I'm fairly sick, can't control my stomach at times. I've been having the worst insomnia and have only been able to sleep for a few hours at a time before I wake up in a pool of my own sweat. I started my jump at 2 mgs. I had been tapering for a while to get to this point and finally made the decision to finally end this affliction that overall I've been dealing with for close to three years. I read so many wonderful shared stories here. It's given me a lot of hope as I forge my own personal story."

Isthisreallife (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2016

"It changed my life. I was a heavy Norco user 10mg I was going thru a 100 tabs every 3-4 days. The strange thing is my Dr and pharmacy never did red flag me. I never did anything illegal to get them. That wouldn't fly these days."

Elroddo January 23, 2016

"I am not going to rate this yet, but let me tell you a story,18 years 14 days and 3hrs ago my life changed DRASTICALLY!!.I had a on the job accident during the ice storm of 1998, many of you may remember if you are from the area. After 10 days in the hospital I was sent home in a body cast for 3 months as I had broken my back in 3 places, fortunately I was still able to walk, with some difficulty, well to make a LONG story short after years of seeking relief , opiate and EVERY other none opiate related( ie years of therapy, acupuncture, laser treatment, and thousands of dollars%u2019 worth of gimmick items, everything you can think of and then some), I have seen top back specialists over the years, always the same, sorry we cannot help. Know I have been on every, and I mean every Pain killer you can think of over those years, changing due to opioid tolerances several times. the latest was a whopping 800 mg of statex per day, yes 800.I started on Suboxone this past Monday, now it will be permanent for me as it is to control the pain as well as help get off the high dose of opioids .I will tell you it was HELL for 20 hours when first starting, but saying that I will let you know this is my 5th day and I do feel better than I did over the 18 years on pain killers. I am optimistic it will continue uphill, but will post a reply back here after 30 days and let you know how it goes, please wish me and all you luck. Regards"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2016

"Been an addict for 5 years. Was so difficult to get off, because of the pain of withdrawal and medical issues. Suboxone absolutely works for the pain I endure with having a herniated disc. I also suffer with kidney stone disease and migraines. Suboxone doesn't help with that, and nothing else will because Suboxone blocks it. I'm put in a difficult situation. I don't want to relapse, but the last time I had a stone and couldn't take any pain meds, the pain was so much I passed out. I sometimes feel I traded one addiction for another."

kick the habit January 20, 2016

"I am a recovering heroin addict. I have been clean for 2 years. Prior to getting clean 2 years ago I tried to get off opiates while being prescribed suboxone. I believe that suboxone is very beneficial to get through withdrawal. My personal experience is that suboxone was just another replacement for my opiate addiction. It was just a substitute for my drug of choice. This time when I got clean I used suboxone for 5 days and then weened off completely. I am 100% clean from any mood or mind altering drugs. I don't see the point in getting "clean" if I am going to be taking another drug to replace the old one. Yes, it is better then using street drugs. But you are lying to yourself if you think your truly clean."

ZuzuJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2016