User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Suboxone saved my life and sanity. I also had health issues and received heavy doses of opiates and became a full blown addict. I don't know how many times I overdosed on medication. 20 years of addiction I don't know how I survived but by the grace of God. I started suboxone in 2005. It saved my life! I have a good life, I have an awesome life now. This medication not only helps with pain but I took away any desire to drink! I have not drank since 2007! One reason I started with the pills was to get alcohol under control! I still take suboxone. I really feel they need to make this free for anyone who has an addiction. After all these drug company have made $$$ I am so very grateful that I am able to have this."

Audreegene February 7, 2016

"2nd try with suboxone.."

m.e.g.731 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

"Was on percocets and norcos almost 16 years went to pain management was given suboxone was off all opiates in a week very little withdrawal, 6 -7 week program ...."

Mrseek (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

"Hello again. Please read my previous entry. I started suboxone on monday at 1pm after 26 hours of clean time. The first 24 hours was rough but nonwhere near a cold turkey exprience. I stayed with a friend for support. Maybe got 3 hours sleep. The second 24 hours was marginally better. Stayed with a friend again. Near no sleep. The 3rd 24 hours was better still. I was still hurting but made it with little to no sleep at a friends. Today, the 4th 24 hours I'm pretty much ok. A real miracle. I got some work done and socialised a bit even. It's 1230 am now. Sleep isn't an option yet. So I hope that helps. By the way I am on 2-8mg tabs per day. Oh, drink LOTS of fluids. Good luck. You can do it!"

Marto/Guitarist January 29, 2016

"I'm currently on my third day of detox from suboxone. I'm fairly sick, can't control my stomach at times. I've been having the worst insomnia and have only been able to sleep for a few hours at a time before I wake up in a pool of my own sweat. I started my jump at 2 mgs. I had been tapering for a while to get to this point and finally made the decision to finally end this affliction that overall I've been dealing with for close to three years. I read so many wonderful shared stories here. It's given me a lot of hope as I forge my own personal story."

Isthisreallife (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2016

"It changed my life. I was a heavy Norco user 10mg I was going thru a 100 tabs every 3-4 days. The strange thing is my Dr and pharmacy never did red flag me. I never did anything illegal to get them. That wouldn't fly these days."

Elroddo January 23, 2016

"I am not going to rate this yet, but let me tell you a story,18 years 14 days and 3hrs ago my life changed DRASTICALLY!!.I had a on the job accident during the ice storm of 1998, many of you may remember if you are from the area. After 10 days in the hospital I was sent home in a body cast for 3 months as I had broken my back in 3 places, fortunately I was still able to walk, with some difficulty, well to make a LONG story short after years of seeking relief , opiate and EVERY other none opiate related( ie years of therapy, acupuncture, laser treatment, and thousands of dollars%u2019 worth of gimmick items, everything you can think of and then some), I have seen top back specialists over the years, always the same, sorry we cannot help. Know I have been on every, and I mean every Pain killer you can think of over those years, changing due to opioid tolerances several times. the latest was a whopping 800 mg of statex per day, yes 800.I started on Suboxone this past Monday, now it will be permanent for me as it is to control the pain as well as help get off the high dose of opioids .I will tell you it was HELL for 20 hours when first starting, but saying that I will let you know this is my 5th day and I do feel better than I did over the 18 years on pain killers. I am optimistic it will continue uphill, but will post a reply back here after 30 days and let you know how it goes, please wish me and all you luck. Regards"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 22, 2016

"Been an addict for 5 years. Was so difficult to get off, because of the pain of withdrawal and medical issues. Suboxone absolutely works for the pain I endure with having a herniated disc. I also suffer with kidney stone disease and migraines. Suboxone doesn't help with that, and nothing else will because Suboxone blocks it. I'm put in a difficult situation. I don't want to relapse, but the last time I had a stone and couldn't take any pain meds, the pain was so much I passed out. I sometimes feel I traded one addiction for another."

kick the habit January 20, 2016

"I am a recovering heroin addict. I have been clean for 2 years. Prior to getting clean 2 years ago I tried to get off opiates while being prescribed suboxone. I believe that suboxone is very beneficial to get through withdrawal. My personal experience is that suboxone was just another replacement for my opiate addiction. It was just a substitute for my drug of choice. This time when I got clean I used suboxone for 5 days and then weened off completely. I am 100% clean from any mood or mind altering drugs. I don't see the point in getting "clean" if I am going to be taking another drug to replace the old one. Yes, it is better then using street drugs. But you are lying to yourself if you think your truly clean."

ZuzuJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2016

"For me I had a terrible time with suboxone. It relieved the opiate withdrawal a number 3 out of 10. Bones started to creak, teeth started cracking/breaking, insomnia, legs wouldn't stop moving, headaches, backache. It just didnt work for me, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Initially I felt as though it was just the process of the other opiates leaving my body but after a month of feeling like rubbish I relapsed, I could no longer take it, it took a lot more to get relief due to the effects of the sub. After a year and a half of suboxone and feeling badly all the time, I gave up suboxone and the second job to pay for it and went back to full time drugging until I found methadone and have been happily and contentedly clean without any pain since."

everyonesdifferent January 18, 2016

"Ok,I guess I will start with saying I feel so much better, I have been addicted to opiates for 15 years, first 10 years I put my ex husband and only son thru hell. Lost both of them, went to jail needless to say my life was horrible. Got sober for a little while met my new husband and gained 3 kids. I did good for about a year then bam right back to pill chasing and about to loose it all again. I got on methadone, which is now what I call evil. I was on 120 milligrams for 4 years. I switched to suboxone and did not wait long enough. I had horrible precipitated withdrawal for two days, it has now been 5 days and I feel wonderful. No more sickness or withdrawal. I take two 8/2 strips a day. It works great for me so far. So much energy."

Sickzick (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"I have been taking suboxone for almost 6 years. Before that my pain is very severe. I took everything before I picked up pain meds, I am an addict of 29 years, I had to pick up pain meds when nothing else worked for me, got completely addicted, Suboxone has SAVED MY LIFE and helps with my pain, I have nevered picked up another pain med since then, I AM TRULY GREATFUL"

GREATFUL (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 9, 2016

"I have been taking opiates for years. In the last year and a half it really spiralled out of control. I was completely addicted to oxycontin. I had to have it everyday and spent so much money on it. I tried several times to quit cold turkey. The physical withdrawals I could handle but PAWS was another story. I never made it past 2 weeks. Finally i tried Suboxone. I am on day 10 and it has been so easy. I take 8mg twice a day and will reduce it to 4mg twice a day. While I know iIwill need to get off the Suboxone at some point, it is better than buying oxy's everyday and spending goodness knows how much money. My only regret is that I didn't go on it sooner. I am so happy with myself and feel like I have my life back."

Cici1978 January 4, 2016

"A month ago, I started Suboxone maintenance therapy after I spent a month in treatment for opiate addiction. It has saved my life; it has improved the quality of my life as well. I have only used opiates once in the last 74 days - a week after I finished inpatient treatment. When I saw my husband's face after the last relapse, I decided not to continue without medication and medical monitoring. Harm reduction is making it possible for me to not be a criminal, able to keep a productive routine, and most amazing - I don't suffer from constantly craving drugs. I am no longer obsessed with doing drugs. We've saved thousands of dollars from my abstinence from drugs on the street. I am learning to love life in a way I never have. It's a miracle."

pearlofagirl December 31, 2015

"I had struggled back and forth for 5 years will opiates. I lost everything I had in my life, my home, jobs, cars, plenty of money, and even my family, my kids included. I decided to try and quit them myself with no success. I then went to a suboxone doctor who had me on 2 strips a day. I have been successfully on Suboxone for a year now with no relapse. Things in my life have also started to come back together. Suboxone has been a true life changer for me."

Ashbash25 December 28, 2015

"I have been on subs for 14 yrs was on 12mg and now down to 1/12 mg daily but if I drop any at all I can't sleep, I want off but don't know if I can make it off of this stuff, it really help me but know I want off has anyone heard of being on it 14 yrs and getting off."

Woots December 21, 2015

"I really have probably been addicted for the last 30 years but some life changing things happened that I became out of control. My daughter was murdered and I got a divorce and my life became unmanageable and I was dying day by day. Finally on the 7th of January 2015 I went into the hospital and started on. Suboxone. It was like a new life for me. I no longer look for pain pills everyday. It has been almost a year and it has been so wonderful to not be chasing pills every day. Thank you Dr and suboxone for giving me my life back."

not a dope head no more (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2015

"I was using a gram and a half some days 2 grams of powder heroin snorted I found that when I would switch to suboxone I would always be thrown into precipitated withdrawal syndrome no matter if I waited 12 hours or 48 hours also after I was stable on suboxone I still had intense cravings for full opiates I think that suboxone works great for people with lower tolerances or people only using prescription opiates but every person is different but personally suboxone never worked properly for me and I switched to methadone and have stopped using and craving opiates"

cleosmommy14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2015

"I have been struggling with back pain for over 10 years. I have always tried to walk the line between managing my pain and becoming dependant. Over the past 6 months I lost control and became dependant. I was highly over using Norco and most recently methadone. I went into rehab last week and after a night of my skin crawling because the doctor wasn't in when I was finally admitted he put me on 8mg of sub. Within 30 minutes I felt much better. I took 8mg the 2nd day at 8am and felt some withdrawals at 8-9pm so I was upped to 12mg. Not only has it stopped my need for Norco it is helping with my back pain. Make no mistake suboxone is an opioid and you will become dependant on it but you can not abuse it because it is not effective over 24mg."

NomoreNorcs (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

"Wow............I was addicted to lortab which increased to hydromorphone 30 mg 2 times a day to start and then progressed steadily over 4-5 years to about 20 of those damn little blue pills a day just to try to not be sick from withdrawal!!! Then I went to long acting 80s icy and then couldn't afford enough mess just to not be sick each day that's when I ordered some heroin to try just to not be sick every damn day!!! Suboxone it literally saved my life! Was it easy? No! Was it worth it? Hell yes!!! Does it have side effects yes constipation. Is there withdrawal yes! I've been on it almost 3 years without relapsing ever. Miracle drug for me n my family! Highly recommend for opiate addiction and to treat pain!"

Golden14 life November 12, 2015

"In my opinion this drug is a straight up enabler and the reason I say that is because it allows people to not feel pain from withdrawal. Its kinda like when you burn your self you learn to stay away from fire. Long time use of this drug is very stupid I personally think it's bad on your body and the withdrawal is 2 to 3 weeks which really sucks. You don't want to be bound to something so when you come off of suboxone the cravings for opiates come back. In my opinion when you decide to quit using opiates do it with no drugs that trick your brain into thinking your on opiates, then you learn how to deal with your addiction while your sober. That way you will know how to beat it. Drs that prescribe this for a long time are all in it for the money sorry"

tnug801 November 9, 2015

"its a wonder treatment drug I have not had any bad side effect from this treatment"

Juan two three (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2015

"It has saved my life"

pthompson79 October 12, 2015

"I was given suboxone to help me with an addiction to hydracodone. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire, is an understatement. I believe that prescribing a dangerous drug to get off another is irresponsible in my case. I went through 18 months of unnecessary addiction and withdrawal that simply could have been accomplished cold turkey for much less pain and heartache. It's my opinion that if you need to get off hydracodone, suck it up and go cold turkey or simply taper off your addiction slowly. DO NOT ever use this wicked drug!! I can not stress enough the dangers this drug causes."

Nixter00 October 11, 2015

"I am compelled to share my experience with you. I suffered from a severe back injury years ago.I was prescribed 80mg per day of Methadone, 90mg per day of Oxycodone, for the first 6 months I thought this is my only way to get through each day, but then my need grew, I was burning through my meds and buying pills off the street. I was using everything from diladid to methadone, to oxycodone, lortabs,, percocets, morphine, fentanyl, you name it, I was using it, I became so addicted to opiates that I was on the verge of losing everything. I'm a single dad and I was ruining my family's life. I found a suboxone doctor and he prescribed 8mg per day and it not only treated my pain but saved my life. I am off of the opiates and I have my life back."

SingleDad September 29, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next