Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by readyman:

It helps with my problems

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2015 1:40 PM

Review by Goetz1:

I was addicted to opiates and have been on Suboxone for approx. 5 years. I started on 12 mg and have weened down to 4mg a day. My only issue with this is the length of time I have been taking it. The majority of Docs that prescribe Sub. do not want you to ween off and ultimately quit. It works however I feel as though a person should not be on it for more than 3 years and most Docs would rather keep you as a patient and on Suboxone for monetary reasons. My only advice to anyone looking to start on Sub. would be to find a good Doc. and make sure there is a somewhat short term plan to ween off and quit.

January 14, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by califakexo:

I was addicted to any type of pill I could possibly find, from oxycodone to roxy and everything in between. My addiction ruined everything that I held precious to me and it lasted from the time I was 16 till I was 20. I withdrew cold turkey for a week and then finally got put on Suboxone. I was taking 3 8mg strip a day for 2 years. I have finally been off of it for almost a year now. The hardest part was coming off the Suboxone it took me about 6 to 8 months to completely come off of it. And slowly but surely I am now going to be 3 years sober. Suboxone saved my life and gave me everything back that I have ever wanted and more. I would recommend this medicine to anyone who is having problems with addiction. It was truly a God send.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2015 2:06 PM

Review by allisonreberhardt (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

After a short addiction to roxicodone I was steered into a methadone clinic and I tried to quit for a little over 2 years and I just couldn't do it cold turkey! I've been on Subutex and Suboxone. They both are amazing! Saved my life! I just wish more people were educated on this medication. I have never gotten "high" from buprenorphine. If more people knew how to obtain this treatment I'm sure they would!

January 7, 2015 11:17 PM

Review by Susan again!!! (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Continued: I finally got enough of enough and tried this "so called awesome Suboxone"! The best decision I ever chose! I had surgeries during the 5 yrs on it, which was tricky because I loved the buzz from the pain meds, but I trusted Suboxone to simply take it all away. I completely rebuilt my life in ways that can never be explained, but if you're suffering and hating life, KNOW that there is a better way. All you have to do is ask. I started Suboxone August of 2008, and have been off of it for almost 3 weeks and am doing rather good. I can honestly say I don't want a pill. The time on Suboxone has allowed me to reflect on the bad choices I made, and if there's 1 thing I know, it's I CANNOT LIVE LIKE THAT ANYMORE! God Bless!

December 29, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by tylerty22:

I have been on Suboxone for 3 days now and so far its amazing. I have zero cravings, or withdrawals. I hope I can finally kick my addiction with Suboxone, I was taking 200mg of oxycodone a day. The doctor put me on 8mgs a day and so far so good.

December 13, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for less than 1 month):

After a few years of abusing heroin, my doctor introduced me to this medication. I only had to use it for a week to get over the worst of the withdrawals. Using Suboxone was the sure fire way for me to get my life back.

December 9, 2014 8:34 AM

Review by THE KIDD (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Take my 2, 8mg Suboxone when I awake keeps me from any signs of withdrawal and also keeps my mind off of the wanting to use best thing I could have ever came across probably would have been dead. Feel like a million bucks no more chasing, stealing or feeling like garbage thanks to the one for this miracle.

November 24, 2014 2:38 AM

Review by Randooo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medication saved my life! After 6 yrs of major oxy addiction, I went into detox scared to death! I was sedated for three days, then transferred to Subs! Man what a difference, I felt like a new man. Started a 12mg a day and gradually tapered off over a 4 month period! I had a Dr in Seattle, that put me on Clonidine after, a high blood pressure med! This takes away almost all withdrawl symptoms! 5 months off everything, and I have my life back!! If it wasnt for the Dr. and these meds, I'd be in a box by now! God Bless!

November 23, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by ohiomiscreant (taken for 1 to 2 years):

After abusing opiates/heroin for 8yrs I got on Suboxone. Since April of 2013 I've tapered from 16mg/day to 1mg a day. I've not relapsed. I've gotten my kids back from state custody. I've gotten a promotion at my job. Mostly, I've got my life back.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 2:01 AM

Review by T Mac (taken for less than 1 month):

I just want to say that this medication is a God Send. The 24 hour waiting period before was pure hell but I needed that to remember the pain that I had caused myself. This has truly been a turning point in my life. Thanks

November 14, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by shaneo:

Extreme itching after nearly two years started on 24mgs and now on 10mgs every other day. Tried steroid creams with minimal success any tips would be appreciated heaps. Thanks guys.

November 7, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by Chrisphan:

I'm an addict and the first time I took it it did take away the withdrawal symptoms after about a few days into taking it (8mg 2 naloxone) tabs once a day it gave me severe headaches and sometimes made me feel sick. The pros to this medicine is it does keep the withdrawals at bay and is easier to withdraw from than methadone. Cons is the cost for me with no insurance is too high like 400.00 for a months supply! I know it works for some but not me! 5 out of 10.

November 6, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by LittleLai1983 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Suboxone saved my life. I wanted to get clean so badly, but, even with rehab and NA (meetings 6x/week, sponsor, step-work, etc.) I still could NOT manage to live life without some sort of substance (eg. alcohol, marijuana, opiates, ANYTHING) to take me out of my misery and pain for a while. Suboxone 8mg for 5 years has me stable and in control of my life, emotions and actions. Thank GOD for buprenorphine.

November 3, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by Trey D. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

If you have an opiate addiction, this medicine is the way to go! I tried rehabs, meetings, everything! Suboxone is the only thing that kept me clean. It takes away the desire to use, which is a miracle. I have no regrets by choosing the Suboxone program. It saved my life.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 1:38 PM

Review by Machine83:

I've been a heroin addict for 13 years. I've tried methadone and Subutex and now I'm taking just Suboxone, and on "Suboxone maintenance". Through treatment and staying dedicated I am 5 months clean. I take 16 mg (2 strips) per day, every day. It has worked miracles. I don't get many cravings for heroin. I felt so hopeless and its the best choice I've made in my life in years.

September 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Review by JL840 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been taking Suboxone 8mg/2mg films for approximately 3 years now and don't know what I would do without it! I'm prescribed 1/day.Some days I take 1/4 in the morning, 1/4 in the afternoon & 1/2 in the evening. Some days I only take a 1/2 at lunch time. Some days I take a whole one, everyday seems different depending on how I feel.

September 16, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by JoltinJoe0614:

I was totally addicted to 10mg Vicodin and Oxycodone, Percocet for about 2 years. I started the weary rounds of running out early, then hitting Urgent Care in desperation for more pills - bottom line it did not work and I was terrified of withdrawal. Made a great choice: Suboxone - the best working medicine I have ever taken, a little strong at 8mg a day but worth it hands down 100%.

September 10, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Darrlell:

Sweats and constipation

August 16, 2014 5:53 AM

Review by AM1492 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

To anyone looking to get on Suboxone to overcome opiate addiction - DO IT!! I've been on Suboxone for 15 months now & have gone from 20mg to 2 mgs literally painlessly. The first time I took it I knew within an hr I had found what I needed to get that damn monkey off my back. A slow yet STEADY taper is important. There's no reason a person can't easily drop 2mgs a mo. down to about 4mg. If it's making you sleepy, time to taper! It gets a bit slower once you get lower but still not hard at all. Once you get to about 3mg you almost have an awakening! You get more energy, and start to LOVE music and conversation again. I would say that those are the biggest side effects - sleepiness (taper!), and slight emotional dullness.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 8:45 AM

Review by Riggs (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This medicine has saved my life and changed my life drastically. I never thought I would be able to get off heroin. I have a awesome life now and I think if you really want to get clean and not be high from methadone then Suboxone is what you need.

July 8, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by atxnative:

I was addicted to all opiates for 17 years. The last 2 years I was spending about $4000 a month. Made $60,000 a year and couldn't even pay my bills. It got real bad! A friend of mine told me about Suboxone and the rest is history! It truly saved my life. For the first time in my life I have money in a savings account. Suboxone works, as long as you want to quit.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by daisy18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was a heroin addict for about 5 years and have used methadone and Suboxone maintenance. I have been on Suboxone for five months and like methadone it is working well to keep me off heroin. But I do want to comment on side effects of both medications that are not mentioned often enough. As far as methadone went, my boyfriend and I had no sex drive. And on Suboxone, I have a great sex drive, but have a very difficult time climaxing. My boyfriend is also experiencing sexual side effects from Suboxone. He has no sex drive and has a difficult time getting an erection and even harder time climaxing. I think these are side effects people need to be aware of while deciding on a method of treatment.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by ehh80 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have struggled with opiate addiction for 6 years, for which I've taken Suboxone for 4 separate rounds of treatment. The longest clean times I have ever had throughout this time is when I was on Subutex or Suboxone (I have used both). I cannot say enough great things about this medicine, it has truly saved my life. I am off of it now, and I had NO issues weaning off....it must be done thoroughly, slowly and patiently. The biggest mistake is people trying to stop at 2mg, which is still a high dose. One must go all the way down to an almost crumb/sliver of a piece of pill or strip. If following protocol in a program, you can successfully come off of it.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Peter K Important Information:

My wife and I have been on Suboxone for about 2 years. We have linked obesity to the side effects. Suboxone drastically slows down your digestive track. It's not limited to just the digestion track. Anyone taking Suboxone will notice a number of things, In males the number of sperm released is also greatly affected. In Humans Suboxone does something to the human body that restricts dilatation of vascular digestive function in tube like organs. The vas deferens during ejaculation, prostate control, (premature ejaculation), sphincter dilation, and lower digestive track speeds. People will gain weight over time.

June 4, 2014 3:08 PM