User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Adderall Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Adderall to treat ADHD

"@Nishimaru2. I have the same problem your son does except mine is a bit...odd. If I'm not watching what I'm doing I'll find myself in the bathroom plucking facial hairs with tweezers. Weird, I know but only on Adderall."

GimmeAnESP (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2015

"I was diagnosed with A.D.D and I've been using Adderall for just over 2 years now. My 9th year of school I finished with a very low GPA just over a 1.0 and finished most of my classes with either Fs or Ds but this past year that I was able to get my medicine I was awarded AB Honorle And passing every class with an A except 2 Bs. The mass improvement of my ability to focus and actually want to work actually made the principal think I was cheating since i've had such a bad school record (For grades)"

Dielawn (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 10, 2015

"I was diagnosed with ADHD unexpectedly when I started going to a counseling center a couple months ago, after I got in trouble for bringing marijuana to school. I was also diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I am 15 and this all came as one big unexpected shock to me. I felt useless and pathetic knowing this. I was put on medication for all of the mental disorders, including Adderall. I have always been a good student, but now I am actually able to focus in school and now, I'm excited about going to classes and doing homework. I actually feel like I'm worth something for once."

kristin1350 May 22, 2015

"Yes, this medication does work wonders, at first. Diagnosed ADHD (by a Psychiatrist) at the age of 26. The first 3 years it worked quite well and felt like a godsend. I took 5-6 days a week and my life demonstratively improved. Focus, completing tasks, mental clarity, improved self-esteem...life was good. Adderall, like other CNS stimulants, tend to become less effective after time and I noticed this more pronouncedly by my 5th year. At that point, I felt trapped by the drug and tried to stop. The problem was that even after a month or more without Adderall, none of discontinuation symptoms were improving. While I continue to use Adderall for maintenance, I derive little benefit. Be aware, the effects won't last indefinitely!"

Danatee May 20, 2015

"When I was in grade school I had a real hard time learning. I could not pay attention in class. My mind was always wandering. I was always daydreaming and looking out the windows, I could not retain any information. I was forgetful and bored. My grades were always C's and D's no matter how hard I tried. I was always fidgety, had a hard time sitting still, always twirling my hair or shaking my legs or feet. I hated school, I felt so dumb. As I got into high school I was so far behind I gave up trying. When I started driving I would go through red lights, stop signs etc. I was just daydreaming all the time. I kept losing my car keys, my glasses, forgetting where I put them. I am out of space, but Adderal saved my life! I am 59. No side effects"

Thinkbetter April 4, 2015

"I was diagnosed 8 yrs ago with ADD, at 45 I wish I'd had this info and medication. My life has changed for the better. I do notice a major difference in the pink 30 mg verses the orange. The pink ones make me feel like I'm a zombie. They also make me sad and I get red blotches over my body."

fred rubbel April 2, 2015

"Once getting on adderall I found it gave me just enough euphoria to put down everything from alcohol to opiates, while giving me the drive and ambition to seek an engineering degree. I must warn people adderall is a stimulant, it's out of your body rather quickly (1-2 days) so addiction in the "physical withdrawal" sense is not much, although years of taking it will keep you relying on it -that's a PROMISE. Depending on the dosage you'll be severely lethargic and wind up sleeping a few days. Beware of the day's end, you'll likely need something to sleep, or relax which can cause problems. Despite the caution, you'll be a morning person and love it, just remember the word "moderation" and you'll be a new you!"

BeenThereDoneToomuch7 March 22, 2015

"I was diagnosed with ADHD at eight . I was put on Ritalin then. Awful stuff. That turned me away from taking anything for years. I started taking adderall xl at the age of twenty-seven. I didn't notice a change until my doc raised my dosage from 20 to 25mg. My work was better. Heck my life turned around. I finished projects I started. I payed attention. I remembered little things that use to evade me. Like names, where I put things, and what I was just doing. I also noticed I wasn't as depressed. I could sleep better. Just do not take xl late or sleeping may be difficult. One thing and I can't stress enough. If you have a loved one who is on or going to be on adderall. It is addictive. Watch for the signs of abuse. Monitor teens."

Jefery February 26, 2015

"My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits."

Nishimaru2 February 24, 2015

"This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me."

lilbitofmadness (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

"For me, Adderall is a dream and a nightmare all wrapped in one pill. When I wake up I need the adderall just to be productive in my day, it works like a charm and makes me more creative and motivated. But I find that I need more and more to keep going. Eventually when the day is over and its too late to take any more pills, I feel zoned out and unable to sleep. If adderral came with a powerful sleep medicine, it would be a perfect drug. Although I don't like the anti-social aspect that comes with it. You get so concentrated that you become socially awkward and don't want to talk with anybody. Also when I drink on adderall I can become crazy aggressive at times. But other than that I love adderall, I've done some of my best work on it."

Vanna Rose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2015

"I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys"

Tc 1 February 6, 2015

"I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!"

thatguyyy February 6, 2015

"Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning."

Adoman January 21, 2015

"Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists."

pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2015

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world."

lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now."

Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

"This pill definitely keeps me focused."

JackOreilly September 25, 2014

"Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy."

Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2014

"I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle."

the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well."

Drew4890 August 27, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits."

Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options."

I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

"Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better."

Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2014

"I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel."

Joe King July 6, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next