User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Adderall review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Adderall to treat ADHD

Review by G money: User Rating:

It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 2:50 PM
Review by 2nd chance at life: User Rating:

I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM
Review by streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Very effective in treating ADHD.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 11:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD.

January 28, 2014 2:46 PM
Review by simbo: User Rating:

It was like a light bulb went on in my brain.

January 25, 2014 2:59 PM
Review by SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes.

December 21, 2013 7:33 PM
Review by pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.

November 25, 2013 3:43 PM
Review by emie_13: User Rating:

Keeps you focused. However when it wears off I can't sleep till 6 hours later.

November 21, 2013 4:30 AM
Review by Jenn95: User Rating:

I liked how focused it made me however if I was agitated it made it worse

October 29, 2013 3:19 PM
Review by joeyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Hyper focused, dry mouth. Both this and Straterra put me into state of manic. Used Depakote 750mg for mental balance.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2013 7:13 PM
Review by skittles1215: User Rating:

I've taken Vyvanse extended release and Adderall extended release. I didn't like the mood swings and irritability I suffered when they would wear off. My doctor has since put me on Adderall immediate release 30 milligram tablets twice a day. I've taken these tablets for 2 years now and love that I can focus and I am not having mood swings or irritable at all. I have experienced dry mouth and some jitters as well as trouble sleeping. I take Ambien to sleep and it is no longer an issue. I have to take a vitamin supplement due to a huge weight loss though. I was over weight when I started Adderall and now am at a healthy weight and maintaining that weight without issue.

October 6, 2013 5:20 PM
Review by RedFiona: User Rating:

After 37 years of knowing something wasn't right with my brain, I was diagnosed with ADHD, Inattentive Type in grad school and was prescribed Adderall. Where do I start??? This medication literally changed my life. Imagine being a "gifted" kid who eventually could barely pass middle school math - that's me. After a lifetime of compensating for my "slow processing," hiding my disorganization, and pretending to be on the same page with everyone else, this explains everything. Adderall has made a NIGHT AND DAY difference in my motivation level, what I understand and follow, and even my mood/emotional reactivity. In a word, amazing. If I ever meet the people who "discovered" Adderall, I'm kissing them - my husband agrees.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 5, 2013 2:48 PM
Review by Cherrycher: User Rating:

Finally I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult after struggling my whole life with ADD. I was put on Adderall and my life changed 100% for the better. I think this is a wonderful medication for those with ADD!

September 21, 2013 8:42 AM
Review by Jojomac57 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I'm a 57 year old male that has been clean and in recovery for ten years now. I have abstained from anything stronger than aspirin the whole time. Chronic pain had made it necessary to begin a closely monitored treatment schedule, but I was still losing a lot of focus on tasks at work and any motivation for anything but sleeping at home. After talking to the doctor we added 20mg Adderal 3 times a day. The difference has been amazing. I normally work pretty long hours and had been having trouble staying awake in the morning going to work and evenings going home. No more. Properly scheduling the doses keeps me active and focused my entire day. Didn't take long to find out that it increased energy and desire in other areas also. All others.

September 21, 2013 12:26 AM
Review by Jason407: User Rating:

I am prescribed Adderall XRs. I am only on 30 mg once a day and my Dr won't increase it. The medication definitely makes me motivated, have energy, and feel a nice since of well-being. I am concerned with a few side effects I get almost every time. I get numb on the left side of my neck and in my shoulder. I also get really cold feet and my toes look purple with very slow capillary refill. I also already had a sleep problem before all this, so my nights are always pretty restless.

September 20, 2013 10:09 PM
Review by Roofie91: User Rating:

Great medication. I was doing tasks again and talking to people again. The only down side is I want something more 24hrs. The instant release tabs had peaks and after the peaks I would have massive anxiety and the same was with the extended release. It's a great medicine but not for me.

September 14, 2013 12:59 AM
Review by Ronanklan: User Rating:

This is a great medicine for focus but it has a downside to it as well. It can cause chest pains. So you must be careful with usage.

July 29, 2013 9:50 AM
Review by Heff84 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Adderall in my opinion is a "Miracle"! I am prescribed the (IR) 30mg strength, three times a day. Adderall I feel has significantly improved my quality of life.

July 3, 2013 1:41 AM
Review by amlund (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I am almost 50 yr old female just, diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. In elementary school super bright but would finish my work quickly and disrupt the rest of the class. I was never considered hyper just a little "naughty" and disrupted. Now looking back as things in my life have become more disruptive as I age. Couldn't hold a job lately, drink too much etc. I have the Adderral now and that's great. However, when I read about it not working or it becomes less effective, I get nervous because I don't want to be that disruptive unemployable person. I met a Doctor who has ADD as well. He found that simple blood hormone test and restoring your levels can assist in using less medication, making the medication more effective and less side effects.

June 12, 2013 11:59 AM
Review by Chrismhen (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Caused migraines.

June 4, 2013 1:19 PM
Review by juju79: User Rating:

I've had a wonderful experience with Adderall! It helps me focus and get up to do the daily things that need to be done plus more!

June 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Review by Jkaustin2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I like Adderall for my ADHD a lot. It keeps me focused and I am able to concentrate and accomplish the things that I need to get accomplished, also it helps me with my depression a lot because it makes me feel more happy and motivated.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 11, 2013 11:31 AM
Review by DPR (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I too have gone through my whole life with undiagnosed ADHD and I have to say that I have lost so many years of my life both academically and personal. I've been recently diagnosed with ADHD and started Ritalin. I could not tolerate Ritalin. It made me feel like a zombie along with bad headaches. My MD switched me to Adderall and It has changed my life. I wish I would have sought help years ago but I was too embarrassed to seek mental health help. I've been on 30 mg per day of Adderall for 1.5 months now and its worked great except that I think this dose is too low as I have to split the 30 mg into two doses per day. 20 mg works great for me but the other 10 mg I have to take doesn't do much for me.

May 8, 2013 8:37 PM
Review by LaurenNikki: User Rating:

Adderall is effective, but it comes with consequences. Both to your physical and mental health. I am 27 years old, I have taken Adderall on and off for about 10 years. Started it my freshman year of college. It was AMAZING at first! Lost that freshman 15, got straight A's, actually ENJOYED my work. Then I started noticing the crash symptoms. Tired, withdrawn, emotionless, sleepless. I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel, but I realized how much more productive I am when taking it. When I start taking it again my immune system is shot, I'm constantly sick with something, I get super irritable. When I don't take it I can barely get out of bed and I always gain weight, which always sucks. It's a vicious cycle.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by ACapone (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I've gone through most of my adult life not knowing that I have ADHD. After finding that I had literally every single symptom. As my doctor said, Whoa! You're off the chart here! I've been taking 20mg for a month now. Some of my symptoms bother me. Forgetting what I was talking about mid sentence, going into a room forgetting what I was there for. All in all though, I call this medicine a miracle. I hate thinking about how much of my life I've missed out on before this. I was in school to be a Pharmacy Tech. I dropped out within a month, because I just couldn't keep up, or focus. I feel good now. My insurance at first weren't filling it. My doctor had to call the insurance co, they approved it for a year. My doctors appointment to check how this medicine dosage is working. I think I need to go up a bit. I don't have annoying side effects

March 14, 2013 7:20 PM