Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Adderall

Learn more about Adderall.

Adderall review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Adderall to treat ADHD

Review by Nishimaru2:

My son took this medicine for more than a month we don't like the side effect he never stop biting his fingers, excessive nasal discharges he end up with more problems than benefits.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 5:12 PM

Review by Tc 1:

I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys

February 6, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by thatguyyy:

I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 4:23 PM

Review by Adoman:

Good with increased mental focus and less distractions by activities that were going on around me. I have nothing negative to say about the Adderall. It has improved my ability to control my attention and give me greater intensity in thinking and reasoning.

January 21, 2015 4:00 PM

Review by pKdub (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Adderall has totally brought my life into focus. I started taking it about 6 months ago I'm 39 now and really wish I had this medicine as a kid. In addition to ADD I had severe anxiety and depression as a child/teenager. Adderall has given me focus, lifted my general mood, taken my anxiety away and made me a productive human being. I'm actually starting my own business! The only bad thing is that you really have to be careful of how much you take because it can have the opposite effect i.e. severe anxiety and no focus but if you take it the right way it will change your life! One other bad thing is the stigma surrounding the medicine and being treated like an addict by some pharmacists.

January 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by lwk9400 (taken for less than 1 month):

It makes you feel very energetic and makes you want to accomplish everything and it makes you very interested in stuff going on with yourself. It keeps you awake and very alert and you feel like you are on top of the world.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by Davelisa 9672 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I knew I was different when I went to school. Being an only child I was very loved and cared for. I lived for the attention in kindergarten I knew I was not like everyone else it took me longer to learn things than others I wouldn't listen fully to instructions. I was so eager to please I fell over myself trying to prove things to be accepted I was outgoing and a class clown my mother always got notes home about me things like she doesn't sit still gets out of her seat talk talk talk I'm grown and my mother has passed away. My best friend therapist has shown me PTSD and ADHD, now I know who I am now.

November 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by JackOreilly:

This pill definitely keeps me focused.

September 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by Missme33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Took XR but IR is a little heavy for me. Now I split my meds in half 5mg 2-3 times a day. Duration seems better than XR. I take lamictal as well. IR helps me get more done but I don't feel personally that the good outweigh the bad. I have reached a norm. Weight. I eat healthier I look healthier. And I take better care of my body. At first - dry skin slightly, hyper focused (my body did not know how to react) I smelT AWFUL at first! Haha I sweat it out ew! I can't find this side effect anywhere. It can take a toll if you don't take care of your body. Stay healthy.

September 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by the kid902 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was 23 when I was diagnosed with ADHD. Started Adderall, I take 30 mg of SR a day and the difference is phenomenal! I get up with ease because I know I can tackle all tasks with astounding motivation and actually enjoy doing tedious work. I am co-morbid with anxiety, rumination, and I was highly neurotic. I found myself aggressive, quick tempered, and easily abusing marijuana and alcohol. This all changed with Adderall, I am rational, reflect on situations in a positive light, and generally just a more helpful and kind person. Adderall completely saved my professional and personal life. Side note, it can cause erectile dysfunction but it will go away after your body is used to the cycle.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Review by Drew4890:

It works but I think it might be the effect from having extra energy so you do more things. It definitely helps with motivation and depression. Ironically it got rid of my anxiety as well.

August 27, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Thankful OldGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been taking Adderall for two years and it has probably saved my life. I had been misdiagnosed as bi-polar with no co-morbid ADHD, and was prescribed benzodiazepines and anti-depressants. I eventually became suicidal when Abilify was added,and was lucky enough to have a moment of clarity and changed doctors and hospital affiliates. The week I was started on ADHD meds, I started to become the person I should be. I only wish I could have been diagnosed as a child, I feel I missed half my education. I can now focus all day, keep a train of thought long enough to finish mundane to complex tasks, and have written and recorded an album of music that had been completed but in disarray. No side effects, no weight loss or changes in eating habits.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by I'm off the couch (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This medicine has improved my life significantly allowing me to have significantly improved ability to concentrate on task at hand vs never completing a task but jumping from one to another. Unsure sadly though, may no longer be able to afford it. Insurance changed to only high deductible HSA. No other options.

July 21, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by Soulsaviver (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Adderall has been a blessing to me. I take 30mg twice a day and my thinking has become so much more clear. I am now able to pay attention and absorb what is going on around me. I have had no negative side effects except for an occasional night where it might take me an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep. I still have a healthy appetite since taking Adderall. This medicine has made my life so much better.

July 8, 2014 6:52 PM

Review by Joe King:

I have ran the gauntlet of ADD meds, starting with Concerta then tried Vyvance which worked well in the beginning, then my Dr switched to Adderall XR, then to I R, which works best for me I take 20mg twice a day definitely helps with non stop thinking, racing thoughts, and just simply getting motivated. I have been on the IR for about a year and the highs are finally outweighing the lows. 39 years old and can see light at the end of the tunnel.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Review by Evan S (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better.

June 22, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by nikko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Should have started with Adderall at first. My eight year old son is doing good.

June 5, 2014 6:10 PM

Review by RyGuy v2:

When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity.

May 14, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by G money:

It's great grades came up from straight F's to B & C's.

March 13, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by 2nd chance at life:

I always knew I was different from everyone else. I was very quiet and shy. But in my mind I couldn't shut up. My mind was loud. In class I could never stop fidgeting, playing with my hair, scratching an itch, doodling on notebooks. I wondered why nobody else squirmed around like me. At 24 I was diagnosed with ADD. Adderall is life changing. I'm finally normal. I feel like everyone else. My mind is at ease. I am in charge of my thoughts. I can have genuine conversations with people without my mind wondering. I am finally happy after years of struggles. I am organized and more peaceful.

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by streetdoc85 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Very effective in treating ADHD.

February 18, 2014 11:54 AM

I have been taking it for several years. There was a time about a year ago when all the Pharmacies could not get any and I went about a month without. Being a Service Advisor, I deal with a lot of numbers (Vin, License Plates, etc.). After a few days without, I started reversing a lot of the numbers. I would see the correct order but would say out loud or write down a reversed version. I had to go slower and double check what I had written. A positive side effect is it gets me off the couch on the day(s) I have off and motivates me to get stuff done around the house that needs to be done. It kept me up at night at first, but after awhile, I learned not to take it too late in the day. I would recommend it to anyone who has ADHD.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by simbo:

It was like a light bulb went on in my brain.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by SamIAm420 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Lost about 60 pounds, was a bit concerned, and I had to force myself to eat sometimes.

December 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Review by pnj89 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've taken Adderall for 2 years. The first 6 months, worked very well. Balanced me out, kept me focused & side effects were minimal. But, the efficiency of Adderall has really gone down in my experience. I often find myself hyper focusing on things I don't need to & the side effects have gotten much worse. Insomnia, horrible dry mouth (= more cavities), I get antsy & shaky at times & I also feel I've become dependent on it. Next doctors appointment, I will be asking to switch out to something else. Its a good medicine at first, but understand that many of the great reviews are likely written by newer Adderall users.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2013 3:43 PM