User Reviews for Norco

Learn more about Norco.

Norco review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1814 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Norco to treat Pain

Review by mik3demo: User Rating:

I have chronic migraine headaches so my doctor gives me Norco 10/325 to ease the pain. NOTHING works better than this medicine, not even Percocet, or oxycodone. I'm 30 years old 6'3", 250 lbs so I'm assuming that's why I got something a little stronger than Vicodin. I had been going to the neurologist for about 2 years before he started giving me these. I know its not a cure but thank goodness its around. Highly recommended.

April 19, 2010 2:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Good for pain, but made me sweat profusely with hot flashes.

April 11, 2010 12:43 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Stage IV arthritis in the left knee, and spinal stenosis. It allows me to ignore the pain and keep working. Of course I treat the knee and back gently. I worry though about the acetaminophen. It never helped by itself, it does not seem to do anything in conjunction with the hydrocodone, and it may be damaging my liver or other organs. For this reason I cannot give the drug a "9" or "10". There is apparently no hydrocodone available without an additive.

March 1, 2010 10:37 AM
Review by superstressed: User Rating:

My neurosurgeon prescribed this medication for me after having a lumbar fusion. I was in so much pain, I wanted to cry!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2010 11:45 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Good medication for muscle and bone pain. I am 20yrs old and have been on hydrocodone for 4 years. I have a chronic spinal muscular inflammatory disease and nerve damage. It helps but not for pain caused by nerve damage. On a bad day I can take 3 x 10/325 in a single dose and still have pain. Be careful they are very addictive and I actually hurt worse if I run out. My advice for muscle pain is to combine it with robaxin (methocarbamol) very good at controlling spasm and its non-sedative, which is a plus! Ask your doctor.

December 9, 2009 8:59 PM
Review by msraw54: User Rating:

Nerve and back pain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 23, 2009 10:34 PM
Review by Loooney2ns: User Rating:

I take 2 Norco 10/325 every morning with 800mg Ibuprofen for lower back pain due to 2 herniated discs from an injury in 2005. They are only partially effective. I have built up a tolerance to pain medicines. Even during radio surgery, the sedation I was given did very little. My doctor just gave me Morphine to use at night to help me sleep, but I am allergic to sulfur and the drug is actually called Morphine Sulfate. I am afraid to take it because of the potential side effects(hives). I'm waiting for authorization for disc replacement surgery, so hopefully I won't need pain medicines in the future.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 21, 2009 11:15 PM
Review by sentrarob: User Rating:

This medication is very effective for my lower back pain. Been taking it for 7 years and not increased my dose from 60mg daily.

November 17, 2009 1:12 PM
Review by anonomous: User Rating:

I broke my back 7 months ago and I was put on 5/500 and it did not relieve the pain at all. So my doctor put me on 10/325 Norco and it has been working well ever since. This is wonderful medicine for pain with little side effects. I would be unable to work if it weren't for this medicine. It truly has made me able to be a functioning part of society. Without it I am unable to do simple tasks such as clean or do laundry without the pain being unbearable.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 12, 2009 5:05 PM
Review by lacam31: User Rating:

I give it an 8. I've been taking it for the last 6 to 8 years and it works so far. I have informed my doctor that I need to up my dosage and he agreed. So I take a half after about an hour after I take my regular dose and it works pretty good (that is the 10/325 mg). Most times I only have to take that half once or twice daily and sometimes I don't have to take the other half.

November 10, 2009 4:10 AM
Review by shawy: User Rating:

It helps me I have nerve damage in my back, but it does not take away all the pain.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2009 10:33 PM
Review by Anna Nonamous: User Rating:

I have been taking Norco for a jaw dislocation injury for about 3 months. After a while, I had to increase the amount per day, so my doctor wanted to give me oxycontin for evening. I did not like the Oxycontin and felt that the Norco better took away the pain. The Oxycontin just made me feel like I was hallucinating. The Norco works best for pain relief.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 1, 2009 4:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This was NOT effect post-op. I had a laporoscopic surgery for endometriosis and as well have herniation of discs L4&L5. I take pain medicines as a chronic pain management patient and have not needed anything other than the prescribed dosage ever. This did not work at all. I was in pain all night until a day nurse was willing to listen to the issue and gave the other brand name medicine with more APAP. When the time comes to have other surgery, I will have to discuss with Doctor beforehand. I am not willing to suffer again.

October 28, 2009 6:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been taking it (10/325 every 4 hours when required) for four months now and have found it to be very effective for my back, hip and leg pain caused by a failed laminectomy. It doesn't block nerve pain, but it helps me to forget it for the four or five hours between doses. Since it is an opioid, it does cause constipation and you have to stay on top of it with fiber and laxatives.

October 22, 2009 9:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had foot surgery 10 days ago. For pain these seem to work well. However the basic side effects are more than I want to deal with: dizzy, weak, nausea, short of breath.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 28, 2009 1:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have had back surgery on my L5S1 and am still in severe pain in my lower spine and permanent nerve pain. Norco worked short term for me. They took me off hydrocodone 10/650 because of acetaminophen in it. The Norco is 325 but the Norco did not last as long and did not seem to take away pain as well. I have switched back to hydrocodone 10/650

September 8, 2009 7:08 PM
Review by ~S~: User Rating:

Works great at treating my pain and helps with depression.

August 20, 2009 11:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been on Norco for about 8 months now for fibromyalgia and degenerative bone and disc disease and I tell you what, this medicine works and gets the job done! I have been taking pain relievers for over 7 years and they work 100% better for breakthrough pain than any other on the market! Take caution in getting off of them and make sure you CUT BACK SLOWLY as they are addictive or habit forming. Hope you have good of results from this medication as I had.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2009 2:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Had my third surgery, started using Norco for my pain, works for 2 to 3 hours. Been on it for a month going to ask doctor for stronger medication in two weeks if pain dose not decrease.

July 30, 2009 4:49 PM
Review by firbizz: User Rating:

I have been dealing with chronic neck to lower back pain. Just found out I have degenerative disc disease and have three bulges up in my neck, with also bone spurs growing off my vertabrae. I currently am taking two 7.5mg/325 Norcos 4 times a day with four 5mg Valium that's for my constant muscle spasms and cramps all over my back and legs. At this point I'm seeing my doctor in a week so I can get my strength on Norcos increased or go on to Oxycontin. My pain never goes away and it's sad when you are only a 27 male, married with two kids 4 and 8 years old.

July 16, 2009 1:58 AM
Review by m3rlin: User Rating:

I have taken Norco 10/325 for the past 9 1/2 years. I have never increased my dose in that time and they have worked very well for me. I had reconstructive back surgery in January of 2000 and these do the trick.

July 10, 2009 9:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Have been taking Norco for pain associated with surgery and chemotherapy. Original dose worked for a few months but built up tolerance. Doctor increased dosage to two 7.5 with Tylenol every 4 hours which has worked great. Don't usually have to take more than one but if I need two I can take them without worrying that side effects will cause a problem when I work.

July 7, 2009 8:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Had a lower back injury in 2003. I had all kinds of procedures and nothing worked. I was on Vicodin and it worked for a while but the Norco 10/325 seems to work great. I have been on them for 6 months and able to go to my construction job daily.

June 20, 2009 5:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norco 10/325 has worked well for me. I started using Vicodin 500 mg, which I got immune to very quickly. My doctor switched me to Norco 500 mg. Also got immune to this. So they put me on Norco 10/325 and I haven't had any problems since then. They work wonderfully. I take them every 4 hours. That's been 2 years ago.

June 16, 2009 8:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

My neurologist put me on Norco for cluster migraine headache combination. I was very impressed, it is the first medication that has taken the chronic pain away. The only other medicine that kept the pain away was Morphine. I worry about addiction, but I don't have a problem with not taking it if I don't need it. After five months of no relief from these headaches I am so happy to have found something that works.

June 16, 2009 8:49 PM