PHARMATON VITALITY CAPSULES
Active substance(s): BIOTIN / COLECALCIFEROL / COPPER (II) SULFATE DRIED / CYANOCOBALAMINE / DIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE ANHYDROUS / DL-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE / FOLIC ACID / IRON (II) SULFATE DRIED / LECITHIN / MAGNESIUM SULFATE DRIED / NICOTINAMIDE / PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE / RIBOFLAVI
Package leaflet: Information for user
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules because it contains important
information for you to get the best results.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to use it again.
• Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
• Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you develop new symptoms,
if your symptoms get much worse or if your symptoms have
not shown any sign of improvement over 4 weeks.
• Please tell your pharmacist or doctor if a side effect occurs
and gets troublesome, or seems serious to you, or if you
get a side effect not listed in this leaflet.
In this leaflet:
1. What Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules are and what they are
2. Before you take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules
3. How to take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules
6. Further information
1. WHAT PHARMATON® VITALITY CAPSULES ARE AND WHAT
THEY ARE USED FOR
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules are a multivitamin, mineral and
ginseng supplement. Each capsule contains standardised
Ginseng extract G115® with Vitamins A, B group, C, D, E,
Nicotinamide, Folic acid, Biotin, and minerals Iron, Calcium,
Copper, Magnesium, Zinc, and Selenium. See Section 6 (Further
information) for a complete list of the ingredients and
quantities in each capsule.
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules are for:
• Relief of short periods of daily fatigue associated with a busy,
hectic lifestyle. Symptoms of daily fatigue include temporary
periods of exhaustion (for example caused by stress), tiredness
and a feeling of weakness or lack of vitality (loss of energy).
• Prevention and treatment of symptoms caused by an
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules work by enhancing mental and
physical performance through the combined action of Ginseng
G115®, vitamins and minerals on the basic metabolic processes.
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules are suitable for adult men and
women but not for children.
More information about daily fatigue
Daily fatigue is associated with a busy, hectic lifestyle, and
symptoms may include:
• Lack of energy
• Increase in rest requirements
• Energy not restored even after sleep
• Decreased mental and physical performance
• Lack of concentration
Lifestyle changes that may help to overcome daily fatigue
• Healthy eating
• Regular exercise, such as a midday stroll
• Take time out to allow for relaxation
• Prioritise work loads, instead of cramming too much into one day
• Delegate tasks at work and home
• Find new ways to deal with stress
• Learn to say no when there are too many demands on
• Reduce the intake of alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE PHARMATON® VITALITY CAPSULES
Do not take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules if:
• You are allergic to any of the ingredients listed in Section 6
of this leaflet
• You have problems with your kidneys
• You have high iron levels, such as in “haemochromatosis“,
which is caused by a problem that may run in your family
• You have problems with high levels of Vitamin A or D in your
• You have problems with high levels of calcium in your blood
Do not take this medicine if any of the above applies to you.
If you are not sure, talk to your pharmacist or doctor before
taking this medicine.
Taking other medicines
The following medicines should not be taken with Pharmaton®
• Vitamin A derivatives called “retinoids” (prescribed to treat
• Vitamin D treatment
Before taking Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules you should tell
your pharmacist or doctor if you are taking any of the following
• Medicines to thin the blood called “anticoagulants” such as
warfarin. This is because your doctor will need to monitor
your blood before you start or stop taking Pharmaton® Vitality
• Tetracycline antibiotics such as tetracycline, doxycline,
• Levodopa (used to treat Parkinson’s disease)
Food, drink, vitamin and mineral supplements
It is important not to take too much Vitamin A, D, or iron. You
should consider your daily intake of these vitamins and minerals
taking into account all sources including food and drinks.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules contain Vitamin A. Do not take
this medicine if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or are
Important information about the ingredients
• Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules contain peanut oil (also known
as arachis oil). If you are allergic to peanut or soya, do not
take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules.
• Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules contain a small amount of
lactose. If you are intolerant to lactose or you cannot digest
it, do not take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules.
• If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients in
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules listed in Section 6, do not take
3. HOW TO TAKE PHARMATON® VITALITY CAPSULES
Follow the instructions printed in this leaflet. Talk to your
pharmacist or doctor if you develop new symptoms or if your
symptoms get much worse or have not shown any sign of
improvement over four weeks.
Adults (including the elderly)
• Take one capsule each day.
• It is recommended to take the capsule in the morning with
• Swallow the capsule whole with water.
5. HOW TO STORE PHARMATON® VITALITY CAPSULES
Do not store above 25°C. Keep the bottle tightly closed.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not take the capsules after the expiry date, which you will
find printed on the packaging.
6. Further information
What Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules contains
Each capsule contains the following active ingredients:
Do not give these capsules to children.
How long to take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules for
• Start by taking Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules for 4 weeks.
• If, after 4 weeks treatment, you are starting to feel better,
you may continue to take Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules for
up to 12 weeks.
• After 12 weeks, talk to a doctor if you would like to continue
using Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules. The doctor may wish to
investigate your symptoms further.
If you take more Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules than you
• If you overdose on this medicine you should talk to a doctor or
go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules can cause side
effects in some people, but these are usually mild.
If a child accidentally swallows Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children. This product
contains iron which could be fatal to a child that takes too
• If a child accidentally swallows a capsule, talk to a doctor or
go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with
The following side effects may happen with this medicine:
Common – affects fewer than 1 in 10 people:
• Nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick)
Uncommon – affects fewer than 1 in 100 people:
Unknown – some side effects are recorded so rarely that
their frequency is not known:
• Hypersensitivity reactions including rash and pruritus (itching)
• Feeling dizzy
• Stomach pains
The side effects nausea, vomiting, stomach pains and diarrhoea
are less likely to happen if you take the capsules with food.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or
nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this
leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow
Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information
on the safety of this medicine.
The capsules also contain the following ingredients: rapeseed
oil, arachis (peanut) oil, ethyl vanillin (flavouring), gelatin, hard
fat, triglycerides (medium chain), glycerol, iron oxide red and
black (E172 - colourings), lactose and silica.
What Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules look like and contents of
Pharmaton® Vitality Capsules are a dark brown opaque soft
gelatin capsule. They are available in packs of 30, 60 and 100
Marketing Authorisation Holder
Boehringer Ingelheim Ltd.
Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell
Berkshire, RG12 8YS, United Kingdom
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
Binger Strasse 173, 55216 Ingelheim am Rhein, Germany
This leaflet was revised in January 2014.
«PHARMATON» and «G115» are registered trademarks.
© Boehringer Ingelheim Limited 2014
Source: Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.