Vancenase AQ DS Side Effects
Generic Name: beclomethasone nasal
Note: This document contains side effect information about beclomethasone nasal. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Vancenase AQ DS.
For the Consumer
Applies to beclomethasone nasal: nasal aerosol liquid, nasal aerosol powder, nasal spray
Along with its needed effects, beclomethasone nasal (the active ingredient contained in Vancenase AQ DS) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking beclomethasone nasal:
- fast heartbeat
- rapid, shallow breathing
- unusual bleeding or bruising
Incidence not known
- Bloody mucus
- cough or hoarseness
- difficulty with breathing
- hives or welts, itching
- loss of taste and smell
- sores inside the nose
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to beclomethasone nasal: nasal aerosol with adapter, nasal spray
The most commonly reported side effects were epistaxis, nasal discomfort, throat irritation, and headache.[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Epistaxis, nasal discomfort, sneezing attacks, nasal stuffiness, rhinorrhea
Frequency not reported: Nasal ulcerations, dryness and irritation of the nose and throat
Postmarketing reports: Nasal septal perforation
Rare (less than 0.1%): Wheezing[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypercorticism, adrenal suppression, growth reduction in children[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Nausea[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache, lightheadedness
Postmarketing reports: Loss of taste and smell, unpleasant taste and smell[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Impaired wound healing[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Qnasl (beclomethasone nasal)." Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, North Wales, PA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
4. "Product Information. Beconase AQ (beclomethasone nasal)." GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Vancenase AQ DS (beclomethasone nasal)
- Vancenase AQ DS Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating