Sclromate Side Effects
Generic Name: morrhuate sodium
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug morrhuate sodium. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Sclromate.
For the Consumer
Applies to morrhuate sodium: intravenous solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Chest pain.
- Coughing up blood.
- Shortness of breath.
- This drug may cause tissue damage if the drug leaks from the vein. Tell your nurse if you have any redness, burning, pain, swelling, blisters, skin sores, or leaking of fluid where the drug is going into your body.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Short-term pain after use.
- Stiffness or change in skin color where the shot was given.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to morrhuate sodium: injectable solution
Cardiovascular side effects have included thrombosis, valvular incompetency, and vascular collapse.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects have included drowsiness, headache, and dizziness.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included urticaria.[Ref]
Gastrointestinal side effects have included nausea and vomiting.[Ref]
Local side effects have included burning at the site of injection and severe extravasation effects.[Ref]
Musculoskeletal side effects have included weakness.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included asthma and pulmonary embolism.[Ref]
Hypersensitivity side effects have included anaphylaxis reactions.[Ref]
1. "Multum Information Services, Inc. Expert Review Panel"
2. "Product Information. Morrhuate Sodium (morrhuate sodium)." American Regent Laboratories Inc, Shirley, NY.
It is possible that some side effects of Sclromate may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Sclromate (morrhuate sodium)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: sclerosing agents