Salivart Side Effects
Generic name: saliva substitutes topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 30, 2023.
Note: This document contains side effect information about saliva substitutes topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Salivart.
Applies to saliva substitutes topical: mouth/throat aerosol solution. Other dosage forms:
- mouth/throat gel, mouth/throat liquid, mouth/throat lozenge, mouth/throat packet, mouth/throat solution
Serious side effects of Salivart
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Trouble swallowing.
- Change in speech.
- Change in taste.
Other side effects of Salivart
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to saliva substitutes topical: oral gel, oral lozenge, oral paste, oral powder for reconstitution, oral solution, oral spray, oral swab, oral tablet.
Numoisyn Lozenge: Excessive consumption can cause minor digestive problems.
Numoisyn Liquid: Patients may experience difficulty in swallowing.
Numoisyn Liquid: Patients may experience altered speech and changes in taste.[Ref]
More about Salivart (saliva substitutes topical)
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (1)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
Related treatment guides
1. Product Information. Caphosol (saliva substitutes). Cytogen Corporation. 2008.
2. Product Information. NeutraSal (saliva substitutes). Invado Pharmaceuticals. 2011.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.