Nafrinse Solution Side Effects
Generic Name: fluoride topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about fluoride topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Nafrinse Solution.
For the Consumer
Applies to fluoride topical: dental cream, dental gel, dental paste, mouth/throat concentrate, mouth/throat liquid, mouth/throat paste, mouth/throat solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fluoride topical: mucous membrane powder for reconstitution, mucous membrane solution, topical cream, topical gel, topical kit, topical paste, topical solution, topical swab
It has been shown that fluoride ion has potential to induce chromosome aberrations in cultured human and animal cells at doses much higher than those to which humans are exposed. In vivo data are conflicting.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Fluoridex (fluoride topical)." Discus Dental, Culver City, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Nafrinse Solution (fluoride topical)
- Nafrinse Solution Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: mouth and throat products