Fibryga Side Effects
Generic name: fibrinogen
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 5, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about fibrinogen. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Fibryga.
For the Consumer
Applies to fibrinogen: intravenous powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, fibrinogen (the active ingredient contained in Fibryga) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking fibrinogen:
Incidence not known
- chest pain or discomfort
- difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fast heartbeat
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg
- pains in the chest, groin, or legs, especially in the calves of the legs
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- severe headaches of sudden onset
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden onset of shortness of breath for no apparent reason
- sudden onset of slurred speech
- sudden vision changes
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of fibrinogen may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fibrinogen: intravenous powder for injection
General side effects have included chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. RiaSTAP (fibrinogen)." CSL Behring, King of Prussia, PA.
More about Fibryga (fibrinogen)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.