Citanest HCl Plain Side Effects
Generic name: prilocaine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 12, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about prilocaine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Citanest HCl Plain.
Applies to prilocaine: injection solution.
Serious side effects of Citanest HCl Plain
Along with its needed effects, prilocaine (the active ingredient contained in Citanest HCl Plain) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking prilocaine:
Incidence not known
- Blurred vision
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings in the lips or mouth
- chest pain or discomfort
- cold, clammy, pale skin
- continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears
- difficulty swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- feeling sad or empty
- general feeling of illness
- hearing loss
- hives, itching, skin rash
- lack of appetite
- loss of consciousness
- loss of interest or pleasure
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- severe headache
- slow heart rate
- slowing of labor
- stiff neck or back
- tightness in the chest
- trouble concentrating
- trouble sleeping
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weakness of the muscles in your face
Other side effects of Citanest HCl Plain
Some side effects of prilocaine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Feeling of heat
More about Citanest HCl Plain (prilocaine)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Dosage information
- Drug class: local injectable anesthetics
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.