Ceprotin Side Effects
Generic Name: protein c
Note: This document contains side effect information about protein c. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Ceprotin.
For the Consumer
Applies to protein c: intravenous powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, protein c (the active ingredient contained in Ceprotin) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking protein c:More common
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- fast or irregular breathing
- skin rash
- swelling of eyes or eyelids
- tightness in chest and/or wheezing
- trouble with breathing
- Blurred vision
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of protein c may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Incidence not known
- Increased sweating
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to protein c: intravenous powder for injection
Respiratory side effects have included hemothorax.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects have included fever and restlessness.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Ceprotin (protein C)." Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Deerfield, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Ceprotin (protein c)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers