C-Topical Solution Side Effects
Generic Name: cocaine topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about cocaine topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name C-Topical Solution.
For the Consumer
Applies to cocaine topical: topical paste, topical solution
Along with its needed effects, cocaine topical (the active ingredient contained in C-Topical Solution) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking cocaine topical:
Less common or Rare
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- excitement, nervousness, restlessness, or any mood or mental changes
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- hallucinations or seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- headache (sudden)
- increased sweating
Some side effects of cocaine topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Loss of sense of taste or smell (after use in the nose or mouth)
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to cocaine topical: compounding powder, topical solution
Ocular side effects have included mydriasis. Sloughing of the corneal epithelium, clouding, pitting, and corneal ulceration have been reported.[Ref]
In general, most side effects are probably due to the high plasma drug levels resulting from excessive and rapid absorption of cocaine topical (the active ingredient contained in C-Topical Solution) [Ref]
1. "Product Information. Cocaine Hydrochloride (cocaine topical)." Mallinckrodt Medical Inc, St. Louis, MO.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about C-Topical Solution (cocaine topical)
- C-Topical Solution Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
Other brands: Goprelto