Betadine Perineal Wash Concentrate Side Effects
Generic Name: povidone iodine topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about povidone iodine topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Betadine Perineal Wash Concentrate.
Applies to povidone iodine topical: external aerosol solution, external ointment, external pad, external solution, external swab
Other dosage forms:
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where this drug is used.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Some side effects of Betadine Perineal Wash Concentrate may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Betadine Perineal Wash Concentrate (povidone iodine topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides