FDA Approves Nexium
FDA Approves Nexium for Erosive Esophagitis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Prevention of Duodenal UlcersNexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is a proton pump inhibitor indicated for the healing and maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis, treatment of heartburn and other symptoms associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and for use in combination with amoxicillin and clarithromycin for H. pylori eradication to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Posted: February 2001
- Pfizer Statement on U.S. FDA Approval of Over-the-Counter Nexium 24HR - March 31, 2014
- FDA Approves Nexium I.V. (Esomeprazole Sodium) for the Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) With Erosive Esophagitis in Pediatric and Adolescent Patients - May 2, 2011
- FDA Approves Nexium for Use in Children Ages 1-11 Years - February 28, 2008
- FDA Approves Nexium for the Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome - October 12, 2006
- Nexium Approved for Children 12 to 17 For Short-Term Treatment of GERD - May 1, 2006
- Nexium IV Approved for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - March 31, 2005
- Nexium approved for reduced risk of stomach ulcer development among NSAID users - November 29, 2004
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.