PrezistaTreatment for HIV Infection
Tibotec Announces FDA Acceptance for Review of NDA for TMC114
CORK, Ireland, March 6, 2006 -- Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Ltd. today announced that the New Drug Application (NDA) for TMC114, an investigational HIV protease inhibitor, has been accepted for priority review by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) user fee goal date for the NDA will be June 23, 2006.
The NDA is based on the efficacy and safety results of the 24 week analysis of two randomized, controlled studies, POWER 1 and POWER 2, and supportive open label safety data from POWER 3. The POWER 1 data were presented at the International AIDS Society (IAS) conference in Rio de Janeiro in July 2005. The POWER 2 data were presented in December at the 45th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) in Washington D.C.
Phase III clinical trials of TMC114, boosted with low-dose ritonavir, are currently ongoing in both treatment-experienced and treatment-naive HIV-1 infected patients. TMC114 is available through an expanded access program (EAP) in the United States for people living with HIV who need the compound to construct a viable treatment regimen and who are not eligible for other Tibotec clinical trials.
For further information, please visit the Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Ltd. website.
Posted: March 2006
- U.S. FDA Approves Prezista (darunavir) for Use in Pregnant Women with HIV - July 18, 2016
- FDA Approves Prezista/ritonavir Once-Daily Dosing for HIV-1 Treatment-Experienced Adults With No Darunavir Resistance-Associated Mutations - December 14, 2010
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approves Labeling Update for Prezista To Include 96-Week Data in HIV-1 Infected Adult Patients - January 28, 2010
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Approves Prezista Once-Daily as Part of Combination Therapy for Treatment-Naive Adults with HIV-1 - October 22, 2008
- Prezista Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Ltd. - Treatment for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) - June 23, 2006
- New Drug Application for Investigational HIV Protease Inhibitor TMC114 Submitted to U.S. Food & Drug Administration - December 27, 2005