MakenaTreatment for Premature Labor
Update: Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate) Now FDA Approved - February 3, 2011
Update on Gestiva PDUFA Date
KV Provides Update on Gestiva PDUFA Date
ST. LOUIS, October 20, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- KV Pharmaceutical Company announced today that it was advised by Hologic, Inc., the holder of the New Drug Application (NDA) for Gestiva, that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has extended the PDUFA date on Gestiva for ninety days from October 24, 2008 to January 25, 2009. The ninety-day extension is in line with the FDA's standard operating procedure when it receives updated data from the applicant seeking the NDA.
Under the terms of the previously announced agreement, KV will acquire ownership of the Gestiva NDA from Hologic upon payment of KV's final milestone payment of $72.5 million that will become due upon FDA marketing approval for the product and KV's receipt of adequate commercial launch quantities.
KV reiterates that the revised PDUFA date is not expected to impact KV's plans regarding the timing of the launch of Gestiva during the second half of fiscal 2009.
KV Pharmaceutical Company is a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, markets, and acquires technology-distinguished branded and generic/non-branded prescription pharmaceutical products. The company markets its technology distinguished products through ETHEX Corporation, a national leader in pharmaceuticals that compete with branded products, and Ther-Rx Corporation, its branded drug subsidiary.
For further information about KV Pharmaceutical Company, please visit the company's corporate website at .
CONTACT: Catherine M. Biffignani, Vice President, Investor Relations, KVPharmaceutical Company, +1-314-645-6600
Web site: http://www.kvpharmaceutical.com/
Ticker Symbol: (:KVA KVB)
Terms and conditions of use apply
Copyright © 2008 PR Newswire Association LLC. All rights reserved.
A United Business Media Company
Posted: October 2008
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Approval of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection) Subcutaneous Auto-Injector to Reduce the Risk of Preterm Birth in Certain At-Risk Women - February 14, 2018
- FDA Approves Makena to Reduce Risk of Preterm Birth in At-Risk Pregnant Women - February 4, 2011
- K-V Pharmaceutical Company Updates Status of New Drug Application for Gestiva - January 12, 2011
- KV Pharmaceutical's Launch of Gestiva Delayed - January 26, 2009
- Hologic Announces Sale of Gestiva - January 22, 2008
- Adeza Receives FDA Approvable Letter for Gestiva - October 23, 2006
- FDA Advisory Committee Recommends Approval of Adeza’s NDA for Gestiva to Prevent Preterm Birth - August 29, 2006
- Adeza Announces August 29 FDA Advisory Committee Date to Review Gestiva to Prevent Preterm Births - July 18, 2006
- FDA Accepts Adeza NDA Filing for Gestiva to Prevent Preterm Births - July 6, 2006
- FDA Grants Adeza Priority Review for Gestiva to Prevent Preterm Births - June 5, 2006
- Adeza Submits New Drug Application For Gestiva to Prevent Preterm Births - May 4, 2006