VitarosTreatment for Erectile Dysfunction
NexMed Files NDA for Proprietary Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
EAST WINDSOR, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 24, 2007 - NexMed, Inc. (Nasdaq: NEXM), a developer of innovative transdermal products based on its proprietary NexACT drug delivery technology, today announced that it filed the New Drug Application (NDA) for its topically applied alprostadil cream for the treatment of erectile dysfunction with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on September 21, 2007. The FDA customarily accepts or refuses an NDA and designates review status within sixty (60) days of filing. Once accepted, the standard review time by the FDA is twelve (12) months.
NexMed, Inc. is an emerging drug developer that is leveraging its proprietary drug technology to develop a significant pipeline of innovative pharmaceutical products to address significant unmet medical needs. The Company is also working with various pharmaceutical companies to explore the incorporation of NexACT into their existing drugs as a means of developing new patient-friendly transdermal products and extending patent lifespans and brand equity. For further information about the Company, go to www.nexmed.com.
Statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act: with the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that involve risk and uncertainties that may individually or mutually impact the matters herein described, including but not limited to whether the FDA will accept the Company's NDA.
Posted: September 2007
- Apricus Biosciences Files NDA Resubmission for Vitaros - August 29, 2017
- Apricus Biosciences Provides Update on Vitaros NDA Following Receipt of FDA Feedback - November 18, 2016
- NexMed Discusses End of Review Meeting for Vitaros - October 20, 2008
- NexMed Receives FDA Response for Topical ED Product - July 23, 2008
- NexMed Confirms FDA Acceptance of NDA for Erectle Dysfunction Product - November 20, 2007