Cozar is a common misspelling of Cozaar (losartan).
What is Cozaar (Cozar)?
Cozaar (Cozar) is an angiotensin-2 receptor antagonist. It works by blocking the action of angiotensin-2 in the body, which relaxes blood vessels and helps the kidneys to eliminate extra sodium and fluids which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Cozaar (Cozar) is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications such as diuretics that help the body get rid of water. Cozaar (Cozar) is also used to reduce the risk of stroke in patients with high blood pressure and to slow the progress of kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes (diabetes that doesn't require insulin shots).
Cozaar (Cozar) may also be used for other purposes not listed here.
Click for more information on Cozar (Cozaar)
Frequently asked questions
- Does Losartan block the receptor used by the Coronavirus?
- Can you eat bananas when taking losartan?
- Losartan vs Valsartan - What's the difference between them?
- Does losartan cause rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat or low blood pressure?
- Are losartan and losartan potassium the same or different drugs?
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.