What is Paxil called in the USA?
Medically reviewed by Melisa Puckey, BPharm. Last updated on April 14, 2021.
What is paclitaxel called in the USA?
In the USA paclitaxel is now available from generic companies:
- Breckenridge Pharmaceutical
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Fresenius Kabi.
Paxel contains the medicine paclitaxel, which is used to treat specific breast cancers, ovarian cancers, lung cancers and Kaposi's sarcoma.
Abraxane® is a brand of paclitaxel that is different from other formulations of paclitaxel. Abraxane® SHOULD NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR OR USED WITH OTHER PACLITAXEL FORMULATIONS. Abraxane has different dosage and administration instructions from other paclitaxel products. Abraxane is an injectable suspension containing protein-bound particles (albumin-bound).
Paxel should NOT be confused with the medicine Paxil (paroxetine) which has a similar name, but is a completely different medicine.
Paxil is an antidepressant medication.
For more information on paclitaxel click here: Paclitaxel Medication Information
- Paxel: https://www.drugs.com/international/paxel.html
- Abraxane Professional Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/abraxane.html
- Paclitaxel Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/mtm/paclitaxel.html
- Taxol Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/taxol.html
Related Medical Questions
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- Does anastrozole cause hair loss?
- Does Femara make your hair fall out?
- What does anastrozole do to your body?
- What is the lifetime or cumulative dose for Adriamycin?
- How much does Ibrance cost?
- What is the success rate for Femara in breast cancer?
- How long can you stay on Herceptin and Perjeta?
- How common is hair loss with Ibrance?
- How long does it take for Faslodex to start working?
- How long can you take Faslodex?
- Is Verzenio better than Ibrance?
- Aromasin vs Femara - how do they compare?
- Is Ibrance a form of chemo?
- How long does Herceptin stay in your body?
Related Support Groups
- Taxol (2 questions, 19 members)
- Onxol (1 questions, 3 members)
- Paclitaxel (1 questions, 8 members)
- Breast Cancer (81 questions, 270 members)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (19 questions, 60 members)
- Breast Cancer, Metastatic (33 questions, 57 members)
- Breast Cancer - Adjuvant (21 questions, 17 members)
- Ovarian Cancer (6 questions, 48 members)
- Wilms' Tumor (3 questions, 6 members)
- Kaposi's Sarcoma (1 questions, 7 members)