Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on June 1, 2020.
What is it?
Raw sugar is a product of sugarcane processing. It is the product left after molasses is removed and the sugar crystals are refined. It has a flavor similar to brown sugar. Raw sugar in the U.S. is often refined to remove many nutrients and fiber. Typically raw sugar is not bleached with sulfer dioxide and it remains a light brown color, but it can be to give it whiter appearance. There are three popular types: Demerara sugar, a coarse-textured, dry, raw sugar from the Demerara area of Guyana; Turbinado sugar, a fine-textured moist raw sugar; and Barbados sugar, a raw sugar that has been steam cleaned.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Coricidin HBP Cold & Flu acetaminophen 325 mg / chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
- Divalproex Sodium Delayed-Release (Sprinkle) 125 mg
- Fenofibrate (Micronized) 43 mg
- Fenofibrate (Micronized) 130 mg
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride Delayed Release (Once-Weekly) 90 mg
- Galantamine Hydrobromide Extended Release 8 mg
- Galantamine Hydrobromide Extended Release 24 mg
- Gildess 1/20 ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone 1 mg
- Gildess 24 Fe ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Gildess Fe 1.5/30 ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg / norethindrone 1.5 mg
- Gildess Fe 1/20 ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone 1 mg
- Lansoprazole Delayed Release 30 mg
- Multivitamin with Fluoride (Chewable) multivitamin with fluoride 1 mg
- Omeprazole Delayed-Release 20 mg
- Omeprazole Delayed-Release 40 mg
- Omeprazole Delayed-Release 10 mg
- Omeprazole Magnesium Delayed-Release 20 mg (base)
- Topamax (Sprinkle) 25 mg
- Topiramate (Sprinkle) 15 mg
- Topiramate (Sprinkle) 25 mg
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.