Ammonio Methacrylate Copolymer Type A
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
Ammonio methacrylate copolymers are excipients used in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Ammonio methacrylate copolymers are compounds derived from ethyl acrylate, methyl methacrylate and a low content of methacrylic acid ester with quaternary ammonium groups. They are solid substances in the form of a white powder with a faint amine-like odor. The ammonium groups are present as salts and make the polymers permeable. They are used in the manufacture of time-released products that are pH-independent in the pharmaceutical industry.
 Evonik Industries. Eudragit RL PO. Accessed January 10, 2014. http://eudragit.evonik.com/product/eudragit/en/products-services/eudragit-products/sustained-release-formulations/rl-po/Pages/default.aspx
Top Medications with this excipient
- Acetazolamide Extended Release 500 mg (Zydus Pharmaceuticals)
- Avinza 90 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Avinza 60 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Avinza 30 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Avinza 75 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Avinza 45 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Avinza 120 mg (King Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release 500 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release 1000 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)