Ammonio Methacrylate Copolymer Type A
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 18, 2019.
What is it?
Ammonio methacrylate copolymers are excipients used in pharmaceutical manufacturing. Ammonio methacrylate copolymers are compounds derived from ethyl acrylate, methyl methacrylate and a low content of methacrylic acid ester with quaternary ammonium groups. They are solid substances in the form of a white powder with a faint amine-like odor. The ammonium groups are present as salts and make the polymers permeable. They are used in the manufacture of time-released products that are pH-independent in the pharmaceutical industry.
 Evonik Industries. Eudragit RL PO. Accessed January 10, 2014. http://eudragit.evonik.com/product/eudragit/en/products-services/eudragit-products/sustained-release-formulations/rl-po/Pages/default.aspx
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 20 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 30 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 25 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 10 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 15 mg
- Avinza 120 mg
- Avinza 60 mg
- Carbamazepine Extended-Release 200 mg
- Carbamazepine Extended-Release 100 mg
- Carbamazepine Extended-Release 300 mg
- Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride Extended-Release 30 mg
- Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride Extended-Release 25 mg
- Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride Extended-Release 10 mg
- Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride Extended-Release 5 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release 120 mg
- Fenofibrate (Micronized) 43 mg
- Fluvoxamine Maleate Extended-Release 150 mg
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride Extended-Release 8 mg
- Indomethacin Extended-Release 75 mg
- Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release 500 mg