Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride):
calcium carbonate food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Administration with food may increase the absorption of calcium. However, foods high in oxalic acid (spinach or rhubarb), or phytic acid (bran and whole grains) may decrease calcium absorption.
MANAGEMENT: Calcium may be administered with food to increase absorption. Consider withholding calcium administration for at least 2 hours before or after consuming foods high in oxalic acid or phytic acid.
- Davies NT "Anti-nutrient factors affecting mineral utilization." Proc Nutr Soc 38 (1979): 121-8
- Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios Healthcare "Centro de información online de medicamentos de la AEMPS - CIMA. Available from: URL: https://cima.aemps.es/cima/publico/home.html." ():
- Canadian Pharmacists Association "e-CPS. Available from: URL: http://www.pharmacists.ca/function/Subscriptions/ecps.cfm?link=eCPS_quikLink."
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
- Mangels AR "Bone nutrients for vegetarians." Am J Clin Nutr 100 (2014): epub
Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride) drug interactions
There are 209 drug interactions with Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride)
Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride) disease interactions
There are 6 disease interactions with Monocal (calcium carbonate / fluoride) which include:
- phosphate calcifications
- cardiac contraction/conduction
- renal dysfunction
- gastrointestinal bleeding
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|