Cyclosporine FDA Alerts
The FDA Alerts below may be specifically about cyclosporine or relate to a group or class of drugs which include cyclosporine.
MedWatch Safety Alerts are distributed by the FDA and published by Drugs.com. Following is a list of possible medication recalls, market withdrawals, alerts and warnings.
Recent FDA Alerts for cyclosporine
Immunosuppressant Drugs: Required Labeling Changes
Sirolimus (marketed as Rapamune), Cyclosporine (marketed as Sandimmune and generics), Cyclosporine modified (marketed as Neoral and generics), Mycophenolate mofetil (marketed as Cellcept and generics), Mycophenolic acid (marketed as Myfortic)
The FDA is requiring the makers of certain immunosuppressant drugs to update their labeling to reflect that immunosuppressed patients are at increased risk for opportunistic infections, such as activation of latent viral infections, including BK virus-associated nephropathy. These immunosuppressant drugs are used to protect against the rejection of certain organ transplants. The association of BK virus-associated nephropathy has previously been reported for another immunosuppressant drug, tacrolimus (marketed as Prograf). Monitoring for this serious risk and early intervention by the health care provider is critical. Adjustments in immunosuppression therapy should be considered for patients who develop BK virus-associated nephropathy.
FDA is continuing to review the safety of immunosuppressant drug products used in renal transplantation. The FDA urges both healthcare professionals and patients to report side effects from the use of immunosuppressant drug products to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program.
[07/14/2009 - Information for Healthcare Professionals - FDA]
More cyclosporine Resources
- Cyclosporine oral/injection Consumer Information
- Apo-Cyclosporine Oral Advanced Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Advanced Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Oral, Intravenous Advanced Consumer Information
- CycloSPORINE (Systemic) AHFS DI Monograph
- Cyclosporine Capsules, Modified Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Soft Gelatin Capsules Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Injection Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Oral Solution Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Oral Solution, Modified Consumer Information
- Cyclosporine Prescribing Information
- Cyclosporine Capsules Prescribing Information
- Cyclosporine Injection Prescribing Information
- CycloSPORINE (Systemic) A-Z Drug Facts