Robitussin DM infant drops
Active Ingredients: (in each 5 mL tsp: Robitussin DM, Robitussin Sugar Free Cough)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP............... 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP................................ 100 mg
Active Ingredients: (in each 2.5 mL Robitussin DM Infant Drops)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP................... 5 mg
Guaifenesin, USP................................. 100 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do not use if you or your child are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's or your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product or giving it to your child.
Ask a doctor before use if you or your child has
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Directions: (Robitussin DM, Robitussin Sugar Free Cough):
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 tsp every 4 hours
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 tsp every 4 hours
- children 2 to under 6 yrs: ½ tsp every 4 hours
- children under 2 yrs: ask a doctor
Directions: (Robitussin DM Infant Drops):
- repeat every 4 hrs
- do not use more than 6 doses in any 24-hr period
- choose by weight (if weight not known, choose by age)
- measure with the dosing device provided. Do not use with any other device.
- 24-47 lbs (2 to under 6 yrs): 2.5 mL
- under 24 lbs (under 2 yrs): ask a doctor
Inactive Ingredients: (Robitussin DM): citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glucose, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, water
Inactive Ingredients: (Robitussin Sugar Free Cough): acesulfame potassium, citric acid, flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, water
Inactive Ingredients: (Robitussin DM Infant Drops): citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, maltitol, maltol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, water
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup or oral dosing device provided
Robitussin DM (cherry-colored) in bottles of 4, 8 and 12 fl oz, and single doses (premeasured doses 1/3 fl oz each)
Robitussin Sugar Free Cough in bottles of 4 fl oz
Robitussin DM Infant Drops in 1 fl oz bottles