Vyondys 53 Dosage
Generic name: golodirsen 50mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 31, 2020.
Monitoring to Assess Safety
Measurement of glomerular filtration rate prior to initiation of VYONDYS 53 and monitoring for renal toxicity during treatment is recommended [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
The recommended dose of VYONDYS 53 is 30 milligrams per kilogram administered once weekly as a 35 to 60-minute intravenous infusion.
If a dose of VYONDYS 53 is missed, it may be administered as soon as possible after the scheduled dose.
VYONDYS 53 is supplied in single-dose vials as a preservative-free concentrated solution that requires dilution prior to administration. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Use aseptic technique.
- Calculate the total dose of VYONDYS 53 to be administered based on the patient's weight and the recommended dose of 30 milligrams per kilogram. Determine the volume of VYONDYS 53 needed and the correct number of vials to supply the full calculated dose.
- Allow the vials to warm to room temperature. Mix the contents of each vial by gently inverting 2 or 3 times. Do not shake.
- Visually inspect each vial of VYONDYS 53. The solution is a clear to slightly opalescent, colorless liquid. Do not use if the solution in the vials is discolored or particulate matter is present.
- With a syringe fitted with a 21-gauge or smaller bore non-coring needle, withdraw the calculated volume of VYONDYS 53 from the appropriate number of vials.
- Dilute the withdrawn VYONDYS 53 in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, to make a total volume of 100 to150 mL. Gently invert 2 to 3 times to mix. Do not shake. Visually inspect the diluted solution for particulates.
- VYONDYS 53 contains no preservatives and should be administered immediately after dilution. Complete infusion of diluted VYONDYS 53 within 4 hours of dilution. If immediate use is not possible, the diluted product may be stored for up to 24 hours at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not freeze. Discard unused VYONDYS 53.
Application of a topical anesthetic cream to the infusion site prior to administration of VYONDYS 53 may be considered.
VYONDYS 53 is administered via intravenous infusion. Flush the intravenous access line with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, prior to and after infusion.
Infuse the diluted VYONDYS 53 over 35 to 60 minutes. Do not mix other medications with VYONDYS 53 or infuse other medications concomitantly via the same intravenous access line with VYONDYS 53.