Varibar Nectar Dosage
Generic name: Barium Sulfate 400mg in 1mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
- Varibar Honey suspension
- Varibar Pudding oral paste
- Varibar Thin Honey oral suspension
- Varibar Thin Liquid powder, for oral suspension
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The recommended dose of VARIBAR NECTAR administered orally by syringe, spoon, or cup:
- Adults 5 mL
- Pediatric patients 6 months and older 1-3 mL
- Pediatric patients younger than 6 months of age 0.5-1 mL
(This amount may be administered by an oral syringe or, alternatively, an infant bottle)
- During a single modified barium swallow examination, multiple doses of VARIBAR NECTAR may be administered as appropriate to assess the patient during multiple swallows and different radiographic views.
- The maximum cumulative dose is 30 mL.
- Once opened, write the discard after date on the immediate container label. Discard any unused product after 21 days.
More about Varibar Nectar (barium sulfate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media