Varibar Nectar Dosage
Generic name: Barium Sulfate 400mg in 1mL
Dosage form: oral suspension
- Varibar Honey suspension
- Varibar Pudding oral paste
- Varibar Thin Honey oral suspension
- Varibar Thin Liquid powder, for oral suspension
Medically reviewed on July 18, 2017.
- The recommended dose of VARIBAR NECTAR administered orally by syringe, spoon, or cup:
- Adults 5 mL
- Pediatric patients 6 months and older 1-3 mL
- Pediatric patients younger than 6 months of age 0.5-1 mL
(This amount may be administered by an oral syringe or, alternatively, an infant bottle)
- During a single modified barium swallow examination, multiple doses of VARIBAR NECTAR may be administered as appropriate to assess the patient during multiple swallows and different radiographic views.
- The maximum cumulative dose is 30 mL.
- Once opened, write the discard after date on the immediate container label. Discard any unused product after 21 days.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Varibar Nectar (barium sulfate)
- Varibar Nectar Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media