Generic name: DEXTROSE MONOHYDRATE
2.5g in 100mL, SODIUM CHLORIDE
567mg in 100mL, SODIUM LACTATE
392mg in 100mL, CALCIUM CHLORIDE
25.7mg in 100mL, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE
15.2mg in 100mL
Dosage form: intraperitoneal solution
Drug class: Intravenous nutritional products
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 3, 2021.
Basic Dosing Information
DELFLEX® is intended for intraperitoneal administration only. Not for intravenous or intra-arterial administration.
The mode of therapy, frequency of treatment, formulation, exchange volume, duration of dwell, and length of dialysis should be selected by the physician responsible for the treatment of the individual patient.
Utilize the peritoneal dialysis solution with lowest level of osmolarity consistent with the fluid removal requirements for that exchange.
Do not store solutions containing additives.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration whenever solution and container permit.
Do not heat in a microwave oven.
- Clean work surface.
- Gather supplies:
- DELFLEX peritoneal dialysis bag(s).
- Prescribed medication(s), if ordered by your healthcare provider.
Inspect DELFLEX Solution Bag:
- After removing the overwrap, check your DELFLEX solution bag(s) for strength, clarity, amount, leaks, and expiration date. Do not use DELFLEX solution if leaks are found, the solution bag is damaged, and/or the solution is cloudy or discolored, or the product is expired. Color may vary from clear to slightly yellow but does not affect efficacy and may be used.
Visually check that the solution bag tubing is free from kinks. If kinks are present, straighten tubing to allow the solution to flow freely.
Note: Retain DELFLEX peritoneal dialysis bag sample for manufacturer evaluation and notify your healthcare provider if any of the above defects are found.
Note: DELFLEX peritoneal dialysis solutions utilize the Safe-Lock® Connection System. This unique system consists of two Safe-Lock connectors, one located on the administration port of the bag, and the mating connector is located on the cycler set. The Safe-Lock connectors were designed to reduce the potential risk of touch contamination of the internal connection components.
- Put on mask. Wash your hands.
- If you will be adding medication(s):
- Clean hands (as per facility's protocol)
- Clean the medication port as instructed by your healthcare provider.
- Add the medicine(s).
- Turn the bag upside down several times to mix the medicine(s).
- To connect the bag(s) to the cycler set, unscrew the protective caps of the administration port and the cycler set solution line connector. Secure these two connectors with a twisting motion to lock in place, so that the cycler set connector is seated over the administration port O-ring to assure a firm and tight fit.
After completing Step 8, wait for the cycler prompt to break the administration port cone and initiate solution flow. Do this by placing the thumb firmly on the tube over the cone and pressing towards the outer wall of the tube and away from the bag.
- Perform your treatment as prescribed.
- At the end of your treatment, throw away the fluid and used set as instructed by your healthcare provider. In case of cloudiness, save the fluid and the used set and immediately contact your healthcare provider. Dispose of your empty solution bag according to your local recyling program. Empty solution bags may not be recyclable in your area.
More about Delflex (lvp solution)
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.