Amondys 45 Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 25, 2021.
Generic name: casimersen 50mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection
Monitoring to Assess Safety
Serum cystatin C, urine dipstick, and urine protein-to-creatinine ratio (UPCR) should be measured before starting AMONDYS 45. Consider measurement of glomerular filtration rate prior to initiation of AMONDYS 45. Monitoring for kidney toxicity during treatment is recommended. Obtain the urine sample prior to infusion of AMONDYS 45 or at least 48 hours after infusion [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
The recommended dosage of AMONDYS 45 is 30 milligrams per kilogram administered once weekly as a 35 to 60-minute intravenous infusion via an in-line 0.2 micron filter.
If a dose of AMONDYS 45 is missed, it may be administered as soon as possible after the scheduled dose.
AMONDYS 45 is supplied in single-dose vials as a preservative-free concentrated solution that requires dilution prior to administration. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Use aseptic technique.
- Calculate the total dose of AMONDYS 45 to be administered based on the patient's weight and the recommended dose of 30 milligrams per kilogram. Determine the volume of AMONDYS 45 needed and the correct number of vials to supply the full calculated dose.
- Allow the vials to warm to room temperature. Mix the contents of each vial by gently inverting 2 or 3 times. Do not shake.
- Visually inspect each vial of AMONDYS 45. The solution is a clear to slightly opalescent, colorless liquid, and may contain trace amounts of small, white to off-white amorphous particles. Do not use if the solution in the vials is cloudy, discolored or contains extraneous particulate matter other than trace amounts of small, white to off-white amorphous particles.
- With a syringe fitted with a 21-gauge or smaller bore non-coring needle, withdraw the calculated volume of AMONDYS 45 from the appropriate number of vials. To avoid dulling the needle and fragmenting the stoppers, replace the needle periodically during preparation.
- Dilute the withdrawn AMONDYS 45 in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, to make a total volume of 100 to 150 mL. Gently invert 2 to 3 times to mix. Do not shake. Visually inspect the diluted solution. Do not use if the solution is cloudy, discolored or contains extraneous particulate matter other than trace amounts of small, white to off-white amorphous particles.
- Administer the diluted solution via an in-line 0.2 micron filter.
- AMONDYS 45 contains no preservatives and should be administered immediately after dilution. Complete infusion of diluted AMONDYS 45 within 4 hours of dilution. If immediate use is not possible the diluted product may be stored for up to 24 hours at 2 °C to 8 °C (36 °F to 46 °F). Do not freeze. Discard unused AMONDYS 45.
Application of a topical anesthetic cream to the infusion site prior to administration of AMONDYS 45 may be considered.
AMONDYS 45 is administered via intravenous infusion. Flush the intravenous access line with 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, prior to and after infusion.
Infuse the diluted AMONDYS 45 over 35 to 60 minutes via an in-line 0.2 micron filter. Do not mix other medication with AMONDYS 45 or infuse other medications concomitantly via the same intravenous access with AMONDYS 45.
Frequently asked questions
More about Amondys 45 (casimersen)
- During Pregnancy
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous uncategorized agents
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.