Magonate (magnesium carbonate) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Magonate (magnesium carbonate):
Magnesium salts (applies to Magonate) renal dysfunction
Major Potential Hazard, High plausibility.
Magnesium is eliminated by the kidney. The serum concentration of magnesium is increased in patients with renal impairment. Magnesium toxicity includes CNS depression, muscular paralysis, respiratory depression, hypotension and prolonged cardiac conduction time. Disappearance of the patellar reflex is a useful clinical sign of magnesium intoxication. Therapy with magnesium should be administered cautiously and dosages should be modified in patients with compromised renal function. Clinical monitoring of serum magnesium levels is recommended.
- "Product Information. Mag-Ox 400 (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
- "Product Information. Losospan (magaldrate)." Whitehall-Robbins, Madison, NJ.
- "Product Information. Slow-Mag (magnesium chloride)." Searle, Skokie, IL.
- "Product Information. Magonate (magnesium gluconate)." Fleming and Company, Fenton, MO.
- "Product Information. Uro-Mag (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
Magonate (magnesium carbonate) drug interactions
There are 207 drug interactions with Magonate (magnesium carbonate)
More about Magonate (magnesium carbonate)
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|