User Reviews for Temozolomide

Also known as: Temodar

Temozolomide has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 88% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 13% reported a negative experience.

Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma  Off-label
10.0
Anaplastic Astrocytoma
4.5
Glioblastoma Multiforme
Melanoma, Metastatic  Off-label
Summary of Temozolomide reviews 8.2 8 reviews

long term survivor -uk · Taken for 10 years or more · May 7, 2013

Temodar (temozolomide) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “Have taken a reduced dose of Temodar (Temodol in UK) for 12 years on a five week cycle. Side effects bad - nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc. However, I have MRI scans every 8 weeks and so far no recurrence.”

Anonymous · February 22, 2011

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: “have used this drug as maintenance over 100 cycles - 35day cycles. 1/2 normal dose slightly longer interval (28 day usual cycle). Some side effects but recover. Worth the side effects - 10years since surgery and radiotherapy”

KJ13 · June 8, 2014

Temodar (temozolomide) for Anaplastic Astrocytoma: “I was diagnosed with an anaplastic astrocytoma about 18 months ago. I had 6 weeks of radiation, then started on Temodar. I take 300 mg for 5 days every 4 weeks. I have one cycle to go. My last 2 MRIs have been clear. So far I would say this medication is working very well. As long as I take my anti-nausea medication about 30 minutes before the Temodar, I am fine. I take it at night right before I go to bed.”

Ahbab · June 11, 2015

Temodar (temozolomide) for Anaplastic Astrocytoma: “I had taken temodar for anaplastic astrocytoma who grade 3. Took radiation ,7 weeks temodar during radiation days 100 mg per day, then 400 mg on every day for 5 days in 28 days cycle. After completing this dose for a year it came to know that the medication did not worked and new growth of tumor found. Then dosage changed to 100 mg daily but that also could not stop growth of the tumor but moderately grown as revealed In MRI scans done twice in 4 months”

Bobby Lowe · June 6, 2011

Temodar (temozolomide) for Melanoma, Metastatic: “After surgery (right axillary nodes), radiation of that site, subsequent CT scans and biopsy revealed that it had spread to his right lung. After treatment with this oral chemo (covered by Medicare), he has a complete remission of the lung tumor. Side effects were minimal. He is BRAF positive, although I don't know if that has any connection with the Temodar.”

Anonymous · January 15, 2012

Temodar (temozolomide) for Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma: “Oligoastrocytoma WHO ll: It stopped the growth of the brain tumor that I've been fighting for ten years. I'm one of the lucky ones. Keep fighting.”

tomschumm · June 1, 2011

Temodar (temozolomide) for Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma: “It saved my life--what can I say?”

It's working I believe? · July 22, 2013

For Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma: “Doctor says her tumor that was about 95% removed has been shrinking. Thanks to the medicine for saving my moms life one by one. Don't stop fighting people with this brain tumor as well. ”