User Reviews for Sulfatrim to treat Acne

MissAlin January 8, 2021

“I've always had a problem with acne off and on since high school. In the past few years it mutated into giant bug bite-like swelling mostly around my mouth, chin, and forehead. Sometimes actually causing a fat lip that had to be injected with cortisone. It was beyond painful and embarrassing. It just kept getting worse. I was put on Sulfatrim 800/160 mg. I took 1 pill an hour before bed with 2 glasses of water. I've been on it for 38 days. My skin has not had a breakout since I started this antibiotic. I have not had any side effects either. Today my dermatologist said that I made his day when he looked at my skin and said it is beautiful. I can't explain to anyone how it feels to be free of cystic acne after what I've gone through. My skin is glowing and looks so healthy now. I am being put on a lower dose of 400/80 mg. I will continue this med for another 2 months then see where I'm at. I am so happy and grateful that this has worked for me. Pretty much changed my life.”

Learn more about Acne

More about Sulfatrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim)

Other brands: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Septra, Septra DS, Cotrim