User Reviews for Nevirapine

Also known as: Viramune, Viramune XR

HIV Infection 7.6

Reviews for Nevirapine

JIM · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 16, 2019

For HIV Infection: “I've been taking this along with Truvada for about eight years. The ONLY apparent side effect was that bright lights and white things appeared more vivid and bright for a few hours after taking the tablets. It's a weird one but I recently had to change to a new regime as I went from 8 years undetectable to around 500 viral load and the brightness thing has gone. I've been quite unenthusiastic for the last 3-4 years so I'll be interested to see if that was caused by the Nevirapine/Truvada. I will write another review in a couple of months.... UK, NHS so no charge. Thank goodness for the NHS.”

LongTerm · Taken for 10 years or more August 10, 2019

For HIV Infection: “Both wife and I have been on nevirapine Med since 2000 and it works, no side effects. We take the generic... Highly recommend...”

1078 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2016

Viramune (nevirapine) for HIV Infection: “Developed a rash all over my body with fever. (Allergic reaction). Had to stop taking this medication.”

rondy June 27, 2016

For HIV Infection: “I have been on nevirapine along with two other drugs for almost 20 years. I have had *no* side effects from nevirapine. I would rate it 5 stars except for having to do the lower initial lead-in dose, which is VERY IMPORTANT to prevent an allergic reaction to this drug.”

Anonymous March 26, 2011

Viramune (nevirapine) for HIV Infection: “This has been good for me.”